PDA

View Full Version : chat room?


Natty
05-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Can we please invest in a chatroom? I think it would be fun, actually I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area but oh well. If it's too much trouble to set it up that's ok, I just thought I'd ask :)

Huz
05-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Go to #Mon...

...well, that's going a bit far.

Why not set a chat room up yourself? Setting one up on IRC is as simple as joining a room that doesn't exist. Well, sort of. Failing that, there are loads of free web-based ones you can sign up for from sites like bravenet.com.

Thrik
05-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Heh. Don't tell them about the SUPER SECRET MI channel!

-=ReApEr=-
05-26-2003, 02:02 AM
I can set one up for you guys, comes with chanserv etc. It will be on server irc.zerofuzion.net. Tell me what you think. :)

Natty
05-26-2003, 02:51 AM
I don't have IRC :confused:

-=ReApEr=-
05-26-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Natty
I don't have IRC :confused:

The Great Natty does not have irc. :eek: I have no idea what to do then. :(

Feral
05-26-2003, 08:08 AM
Uhhh...download IRC, then?

brief
05-26-2003, 08:34 AM
Download something like Trillian (http://download.com.com/3000-2150-10148311.html?tag=lst-0-1) (connects to AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo Messenger, and also IRC) or mIRC (http://download.com.com/3000-2150-10141715.html?tag=lst-0-1).

Natty
05-26-2003, 09:59 AM
All downloaded.

I did have mIRC but I losted it when I reformatted the computer

bgbennyboy
05-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Dalnet is the business, you should start a channel there, you should do it now.

-=ReApEr=-
05-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Ah, you can start it up on dalnet if you want. But my mate owns this server, so it would be very easy for me to set you one up natty. :)

If you want me to, then want do you want the room to be called. :confused:

C Shutt
05-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Benny is playing headgames with you. DALnet is long dead.

Mort-Hog
05-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Dalnet is alive and well, and has been for months. It's a lot quieter now, though, as through the hax0rzing loads of people switched networks.

I never have any trouble connecting to mesra.kl.my.dal.net:7000

C Shutt
05-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Ah. It still sucks though, I'm sure.

Mort-Hog
05-26-2003, 11:07 AM
No it doesn't, and never did. It's not like it was Dalnet's fault that some idiots attacked them, and the same would happen if they chose to attack any other network. well, actually other networks have hopefully stepped up their security now, but from being the largest IRC network in the world, I don't think Dalnet would have had the worst security in the world.

I think Dalnet was wonderful, with certainly my favourite services of all networks I've been on *grumble gamesnet grumble*, but that might just be from four years of being on Dal. :-)

Natty
05-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-
Ah, you can start it up on dalnet if you want. But my mate owns this server, so it would be very easy for me to set you one up natty. :)

If you want me to, then want do you want the room to be called. :confused:

Awwwww thankyou ReApEr :) Ummmmm I'm not sure, maybe something to do with the forum? So everyone is welcome to use it.

-=ReApEr=-
05-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
No it doesn't, and never did. It's not like it was Dalnet's fault that some idiots attacked them, and the same would happen if they chose to attack any other network. well, actually other networks have hopefully stepped up their security now, but from being the largest IRC network in the world, I don't think Dalnet would have had the worst security in the world.

I think Dalnet was wonderful, with certainly my favourite services of all networks I've been on *grumble gamesnet grumble*, but that might just be from four years of being on Dal. :-)

Dalnet is ok, it's home to many popular scripts. Like excurison etc, anyway my offer is still there. Just give me some details, and i will set it all up for you people. :)

scabb
05-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Scripts lose.

Also, DALnet does suck. When it had a large serverload, the ground shook and babies started crying, causing netsplits which were sometimes funny but not usually. And they also K-lined the whole of BTinternet. >:

And now it sucks because there are around 6 people occupying it.

Although I'll admit that the Gamesnet services are incredibly annoying at times.

Mort-Hog
05-26-2003, 10:14 PM
but anyway, there already IS an IRC channel. Why do you want another one?

Natty
05-27-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
but anyway, there already IS an IRC channel. Why do you want another one?

Where?

Huz
05-27-2003, 12:46 AM
Mort hasn't taken his medicine. Ignore him.

-=ReApEr=-
05-27-2003, 05:45 AM
Do you still want me to set you one up, Natty? :confused: