PDA

View Full Version : Wookie Conversation

The Punisher
05-26-2003, 03:11 AM
This issue may have been dealt with before, but not that I can find...so...
Wookies cannot speak basic, but they can understand it right? Won't this make it extremely hard for a wookie to buy a weapon, sell goods, start a hunting party,or basically do anything that involves talking to a non-wookie? Isn't there anyway for wookies to communicate? I heard something about them using *emotes*, how will that work? Also, maybe I heard somewhere that language will be a skill in future expansions....Ahhhh!!!

What I'm basically saying is, I really want to be a wookie, but I'm afraid I would just have too many troubles doing the easiest, and the most fun party of the game: communicating. :chewie:

Lord_Vessen
05-26-2003, 03:22 AM
Well, you can learn basic. Or you can have a companion to translate.

J.K Luke
05-26-2003, 06:50 AM
from what I gather from the wed update Q-3PO posted, Wookie will now speak Shyriiwook instead of basic, and from what I understand they're testing it to see if it's effective enough...

Jackrabbit
05-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Wookies cannot speak basic because of their jaw structure, but they can learn to understand it I believe. Other players can learn Shyriiwook, so you could have a friend translate for you, like Vessen said, or get a translator of some kind.

I don't think you will have a problem, because you can set yourself as Looking For Group and let people come to you, and buying things might "just work" for ease purposes (to stay with continuity, probably not though). It will be hard, yes, but it wont be impossible.

Lord_Vessen
05-26-2003, 01:17 PM
Sounds about right, I would want to learn Shyriiwook, that way I could have a wookie companion!

The Punisher
05-26-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys, actually, I found an answer here: http://www.rafaelbarp.hpg.com.br/heineken.JPG
Says you can learn other languages from npcs. Knowing this, I think'll I just learn Shyriiwook and make some wookies friends.

-=ReApEr=-
05-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by The Punisher
Thanks guys, actually, I found an answer here: http://starwarsgalaxies.gamerscove.net/
Says you can learn other languages from npcs. Knowing this, I think'll I just learn Shyriiwook and make some wookies friends.

Sorry punisher, that site is agaist the forum rules now. It is a Beta leaked site, and violates the NDA. :)

So please refrain from posting it again, like a nice forum member would do. :p

Wraith 8
05-26-2003, 05:50 PM
what reaper there said..,. other sites may break the NDA rules... but we dont :D we like to stay respectible :D

sorry i took of the link :p

*UNAGI*

The Punisher
05-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Ahhhh, sorry, I didn't know that it broke the NDA. Please don't eat my face :eek:

Lord_Vessen
05-27-2003, 02:14 AM
Man all of a sudden there are a bunch of NDA violating sites.

The Punisher
05-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Word. I'm guessing the closer and closer it gets to opening, the more and more violations we'll see. :mad:

-=ReApEr=-
05-27-2003, 05:59 AM
Word. I'm guessing the closer and closer it gets to opening, the more and more violations we'll see. :mad:

Which of course is a bad thing, it wil also ruin the surprises in the game. And the feeling of finding out things yourself. :)

swediot=)
05-27-2003, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys, actually, I found an answer here: http://www.rafaelbarp.hpg.com.br/heineken.JPG

im your main wookie man :thumbsup: ill be practicing alot with my emotes to try and communicate with people but luckely ther are like 4-5 wookies in my pa :D so i wont be totally lonely but i wil try to learn basic this is like first on my to do list..... second CANTINA

Jatari Bazrak
05-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Or you could have a droid to translate for you. :c3po:

swediot=)
05-28-2003, 05:28 AM
i will but i really dont want him hanging around all the time

Kaiser Spaso
06-01-2003, 08:51 PM
can't a droid maker make a translator droid?

If so you just come to Uncle Spaso...............all forum goers will get a discount from me :)

Xx_Patman_xX
06-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Now that Iam probably gonna be a wookie I guess i have to address this problem. Do wookies start with the knowledge of basic or do they have to learn it?

setsuko
06-01-2003, 09:54 PM
As long as they can say 'Ni', there'll be little problem.

Xx_Patman_xX
06-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
As long as they can say 'Ni', there'll be little problem.

Did you mean to say "No" or does "Ni" mean something? :D

setsuko
06-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Ni! Ni! Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv! Ni! :)

Donnie Darko
06-01-2003, 10:51 PM
BUAH HAHAHA!!! Oh Set. Ok Patman, watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail and you will understand :D And as for the wookie situation...the devs will handle it. There can be droid translators, wrist translators, or you can get a companion to translate.

Xx_Patman_xX
06-01-2003, 11:02 PM
I wonder if you can hire an NPC as your translator...

setsuko
06-01-2003, 11:45 PM
ARTHUR: O Knights of Ni, we have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?

HEAD KNIGHT: It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly,... but there is one small problem.

ARTHUR: What is that?

HEAD KNIGHT: We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'.

KNIGHTS OF NI: Ni! Shh!

HEAD KNIGHT: Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

RANDOM: Ni!

HEAD KNIGHT: Therefore, we must give you a test.

ARTHUR: What is this test, O Knights of-- knights who till recently said 'ni'?

HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery!
*dramatic chord*

ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!

RANDOM: Ni!

HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.

KNIGHTS OF NI: A path! A path! A path! Ni! Shh! Ni! Ni! Ni! Shh! Shh!...

HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring! *dramatic chord*

KNIGHTS OF NI: A herring!

ARTHUR: We shall do no such thing!

HEAD KNIGHT: Oh, please!

There really should be a rule against me posting at 3 AM. For the best of mankind.

Xx_Patman_xX
06-02-2003, 12:05 AM
poor set...:)

Donnie Darko
06-02-2003, 12:34 AM
I think she's drunk again.....

Jatari Bazrak
06-02-2003, 01:18 AM
Ether that or just being the lunitic she is. :rolleyes:

swediot=)
06-06-2003, 04:05 AM
i reackon both at the same time

Lord_Vessen
06-06-2003, 01:08 PM
I love that movie, I have it and The Life of Brian on DVD. I'm trying to find The Meaning of Life right now...

swediot=)
06-08-2003, 03:28 AM
i dont think the meaning of life is as good as the other ones but if you cant find it anywhere you should check amazon.com

Jatari Bazrak
06-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Well why do we live?
To try to make a difference in the lives of others to help shape the future and what it will become...let it be somthing good.:D

I just made that up from the top of my head.:p

UnfrozenCaveman
06-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Other players who comprehend shyriiwook can also teach you :)

swediot=)
06-11-2003, 04:38 AM
so since im gonna play a wookie would i be able to teach a human?

Jan Gaarni
06-11-2003, 02:14 PM
Theoretically, that is possible, but it takes much much longer than a human to teach a human, or some other species that speak basic.

Wether it's possible in game, I don't know.

Xx_Patman_xX
06-11-2003, 06:46 PM
I was just wondering how many people in the =A= plan on learning Shirywook?

Jatari Bazrak
06-12-2003, 03:00 AM
Me me me oh and me!

swediot=)
06-12-2003, 03:43 AM
me :D

Xx_Patman_xX
06-12-2003, 09:09 PM
I think this has been discussed before, but whatever ill say it again. The =A= city needs a Wookie Frat House! Us wookies need to be together so we can talk and riminisce of Kashyyyk. :D

swediot=)
06-13-2003, 07:58 AM
yes i sugeested this quite a while back... that we should share a house that is... you might be able to find it if you look around in our pa forums.. this was before your time though... back when cave man was going to play wookie

Dathan Surehand
06-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey Swediot, why can't your cantina have "Wookie-only" room in the back? That way, you can service regular clientel, but also give your wookie compatriots a place to safely discuss things?:)

:chewie: :chewie: :chewie: :indy:

swediot=)
06-13-2003, 09:47 PM
hmmmm....... wookie council.... yes we shall discuss this further..

*makes his way to =A= forums