PDA

View Full Version : =A= town map

Xx_Patman_xX
06-01-2003, 10:46 PM
I made a layout map of the Associates town in word. I would post it as a attachment here but I am saving up my credits for a banner sig. Respon here with your e-mail address and ill send it to you as an attachment. :)

Donnie Darko
06-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Don't be affraid people, I've seen it and looks very promising :) Good job Patman.

Lord_Vessen
06-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Send it too me Xmister_biggsX@hotmail.com

Xx_Patman_xX
06-01-2003, 11:34 PM
I sent it vessen... hope you like it :)

Lord_Vessen
06-02-2003, 02:30 AM
Its just a word pad doc. Did I miss something?

swediot=)
06-02-2003, 06:20 AM
no he maid it in word..... how many credits do you need to post an attachment... ill give them to you if i have enough

Xx_Patman_xX
06-02-2003, 09:49 AM
I have enough to post an attachment but I want to save up to buy a signature banner... It costs 150 to post an attachment.

Ride
06-02-2003, 12:12 PM
rode_ride@hotmail.com

Please send...

Could you include a RANCH for myself :D

Lord_Vessen
06-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Here's what it is, or at least what I got:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Associates City
Version 1.0 by Patman

This is the first version of a layout map of the Associates City. Anyone else who wants to make their own version is welcome to use this as a template. I realize that a lot of the buildings on the map might not be possible to build in SWG. This is just cool ideas of things we could put in our city. I decided not to include a wall around the whole city because it would turn away outsiders. If you want to view the map at its best, I suggest changing the zoom to 90% then going into full screen. Thank you Jackrabbit for helping me come up with some ideas.

Key

I didn’t come up with any street names but I have some ideas. The main road that runs down the middle of the city could be “Main Street” or something like that. This is were we could parades and celebrations (think the end of episode 1). The only other street of importance would be the two short roads at the ends of the map. These could be used as checkpoints when entering the city.

1. Plaza: A place to hang out and meet. It would be cool if we could build a fountain here.

2. Cantina: Swediot’s cantina, The Gnarly Gnort. Bar fights and Twilek dancers!

3. Bunker: It would be cool if the basement of The Gnarly Gnort was a bunker that we could take refuge in if we were under attack.
4. Apartments: Were everyone in the =A= would live.

5. Setsuko’s House: Were Setsuko lives.

6. Jan Gaarni’s House: Where Jan lives.

7. Wraith’s House: Where Wraith lives.

8. PA Hall: We haven’t decided what to use it for yet.

9. Armory: Where we hold the guns and armor.

10. Bank: The NPC run PA bank.

11. Hanger: After the SE comes out, we should have a large hanger / space port for all our ships.

12. Shops: Player owned shops. Note: There are many areas where we could have shops.

13. Garage: Where we keep all the speeders and swoop bikes.

14. Creature Pens: Where we keep all our trained creatures.

15. Offices: Places of meetings for the different groups of the =A=.

16. Hospital: Where our doctors and medics will do their craft.

17. Factory Section: Where our factories for guns and armor is.

18. Training Facilities: Where all the combat related people train. This will include firing ranges.

19.Command Center: Our military command center.

20. Market: Where we will sell our goods to “outsiders”.

21. Lookout Tower: A tall tower to overlook the surrounding area.

22. Restaurant: A more formal establishment than the Gnarly Gnort.

23. Workshops: Were our artisans will work.

24. Farm Land: Where our farmers will… farm.

25. Blank Space: Space that can be bought up by players in the PA.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well its pretty big isn't it? Good job Patman. Well some of these buildings will be most likely a later thing becasue they are not neccesary. Also we should build a spaceport, even though ships aren't in the game. Cause we need fast travel from one city to ours. Another thing, "Offices" number 15, seems like we don't need it, the PA Hall could do its job. All in all nice work;)

setsuko
06-02-2003, 01:39 PM
I have an amandment to your list:

5. Setsuko’s House: Were Setsuko lives.

should be changed into

5. Setsuko’s House:This will be the most tastefully decorated house in town.

Other than that, great initiative! :)

EDIT: ok, I was bored. Sue me. It made me write my own priority listing.

1. PA Hall: We haven’t decided what to use it for yet.
(d'oh! We can't have a PA until we build it)

2. Shops: Player owned shops. Note: There are many areas where we could have shops.
(shops are part of the infrastructure that is very important to get started ASAP)

3. Cantina: Swediot’s cantina, The Gnarly Gnort. Bar fights and Twilek dancers!
(again, infrastructure. This time, social infrastructure)

4. Apartments: Were everyone in the =A= would live.
(infrastructure, infrastructure, that's what towns are built by)

5. Setsuko’s House: This will be the most tastefully decorated house in town.
(not really number 5. But it felt right to include it)

6. Workshops: Were our artisans will work.
(artisans are important. They should get some room)

7.Command Center: Our military command center.
(this could be done in the PA hall, but yes, combined with the armoury, it could be a neat building on it's own)

8. Hospital: Where our doctors and medics will do their craft.
(not highest priority, since there are other places to do this, but a separate building would be neat in the far future)

9. Garage: Where we keep all the speeders and swoop bikes.
(neat idea. I doubt we'll need one immediately)

10. Creature Pens: Where we keep all our trained creatures.
(pretty much the same as the garage)

11. Hanger: After the SE comes out, we should have a large hanger / space port for all our ships.
(this is not immediately needed)

Oh, I grew ambitious too. So I made a list of buildings that I don't think are necessary. See notes for why.

Armory: Where we hold the guns and armor.
(could be included in the Command Centre without problem)

Bank: The NPC run PA bank.
(could be included in the PA Hall)

Offices: Places of meetings for the different groups of the =A=.
(this could be done in the PA Hall)

Factory Section: Where our factories for guns and armor is.
(factories and workshops, pretty much the same, ey?)

Market: Where we will sell our goods to “outsiders”.
(this should belong with the shops)

Training Facilities: Where all the combat related people train. This will include firing ranges.
(training is done in the 'wilderness', and the teaching that actually buys you the skills really belongs in the Command Centre, I believe, since that's where the combat group would hang out when they are not in the cantina or something)

Phew. All done (i didn't include those things that I really didn't have anything to say about)

Donnie Darko
06-02-2003, 01:49 PM
There's like 60+ people in this PA...just imagine how big this fricken place is going to be if we all decide to get housing...sorry...I just can't stop thinking about it.

setsuko
06-02-2003, 02:06 PM
Yes. That's why it's a PA town, not a PA hamlet. :D

Yes, with some effort, it could be an inspiring place.

Donnie Darko
06-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Well...city just sounds better, haha. "Welcome to the Associates town" ...mm...nah "Welcome to the Associates city" yeah, much better.

-=ReApEr=-
06-02-2003, 02:38 PM
Ok people all uploaded for you, it is located here (http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/uploads/=A= Town Layout.doc ) enjoy. :)

Oh and nice work patman, very good work. Nice to see people contributing to the PA. :D

Devlyyn Sarr
06-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Wow, yeah that looks real nice. I'm planning on being an architect and I'd be more than happy to help out with the building once it comes time. Nice work :)

Xx_Patman_xX
06-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks for posting it reaps :D

Jatari Bazrak
06-02-2003, 06:20 PM
We should have a cantina just for Bounty Hunters and mutiple areas around in the city/town that a dedicated to a certain fuction.

Xx_Patman_xX
06-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak
We should have a cantina just for Bounty Hunters and mutiple areas around in the city/town that a dedicated to a certain fuction. I dont like this idea... It divides up the PA to much. We want all four groups to rely and depend on each other.

Altus_Thrawn
06-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Nice map, I really like it.

Xx_Patman_xX
06-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn
Nice map, I really like it. Thank you :D
Iam thinking of updating this map... any other suggestions on how to improve it?

Altus_Thrawn
06-02-2003, 07:52 PM
I hate asymetrical things....they freak me out.

The only thing I would suggest is to make it symetrical

setsuko
06-02-2003, 10:15 PM
I have given my opinions on which buildings are a tad... unnecessary.

StarCords
06-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Being a Image Designer/Tailor, would I be in the Shops or the Workshop?

Lord_Vessen
06-03-2003, 12:03 AM
How come everyone is talking about the map? Every time I click it and download, its a wordpad document.

setsuko
06-03-2003, 12:07 AM
It's a .doc with a map in it. It _should_ be visible if you open it with Explorer. If it isn't, try using another client.

Lord_Vessen
06-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Okay thank you.

Opa
06-03-2003, 01:37 AM
nice work patman :)

swediot=)
06-03-2003, 03:02 AM
yes good .... BUT my cantina is bigger and more purple :p
and what does bunker mean?

umm no wait i see what it means

Jackrabbit
06-03-2003, 09:46 AM
We're thinking of stashing stuff in your basement without your permission :D, like people...guns...vegetables. And I was thinking (not to sound like one of those people who always takes ideas from movies) that a little "Fight Club" in your basement would be kind of cool.

Lord_Vessen
06-03-2003, 01:08 PM
It would be cool. A duelest thing.

Donnie Darko
06-03-2003, 01:51 PM
That would be a great opportunity for me being a Teras Kasi/Fencer. Anyone else interesting in this underground fighting network? It would make a great place for gambling, it would attract the Hutts, hehe.

Jatari Bazrak
06-03-2003, 02:50 PM
That's where we could place bets on people /creatures that battle each other for money and XP...Oh yeh and many days of bragging rights.

StarCords
06-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by StarCords
Being a Image Designer/Tailor, would I be in the Shops or the Workshop?

I'm just saying it again because it was obviously forgotten.

Xx_Patman_xX
06-03-2003, 08:09 PM
I dont really know Star Cords, maybe you would start out in the workshops and later move onto the factory when you reach a higher rank.

Opa
06-04-2003, 01:01 AM
would non =A= Be able to make shops? or are the shops for =A= Only?

Lord_Vessen
06-04-2003, 01:48 AM
That would be a great opportunity for me being a Teras Kasi/Fencer. Anyone else interesting in this underground fighting network? It would make a great place for gambling, it would attract the Hutts, hehe.

I would be interested, being a Teras Kasi Artist/Marksman. Maybe we could set it up. That would be fun.

-=ReApEr=-
06-04-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by wraag
would non =A= Be able to make shops? or are the shops for =A= Only?

Probally not make them but deffintley visit them. :D

Jatari Bazrak
06-04-2003, 04:43 PM
If we can we should put it on top of a hill overlooking an ocean.

and I was wandering......AM I IN THE =A= YET?!
I've been posting almost every day for a week.

StarCords
06-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Aw, come on! Someone answer me!

Xx_Patman_xX
06-04-2003, 08:18 PM
I answerd your question in a post above. I accidentally said Dark Moon rather than Star Cords (i edited it now)... hopefully that wont confuse you anymore.

Damarius
06-04-2003, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know if we can build multiple houses or buildings in our name? I would like to be able to build a house in the city and a house in a remote location.

Happy gaming

Jatari Bazrak
06-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Thats a good question...like having your own personal retreat.

Jackrabbit
06-05-2003, 12:07 PM
They've reserved land space for every character, to make sure nobody misses out on a house if they want one. Because of this, there is only one house per character.

Lord_Vessen
06-05-2003, 01:46 PM
It would be cool to have a "retreat" but unless someone else builds it you can't have it.

Donnie Darko
06-05-2003, 07:51 PM
So...you can have multiple buildings as long as other people build them for you?:confused:

Xx_Patman_xX
06-05-2003, 08:38 PM
I dont think so Donnie, unless someone builds a house for themselves and sets the options so it lets you in all the time... but even then you probably wouldnt be able to save there.

StarCords
06-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX
I answerd your question in a post above. I accidentally said Dark Moon rather than Star Cords (i edited it now)... hopefully that wont confuse you anymore.

All right, sorry and thanks.

Damarius
06-06-2003, 01:17 AM
I just wanted to thank Patman for taking the time to make the town map. I am sure we all have had some attribute to the end result. All of us will make a great adversary in the days to come.

Jatari Bazrak
06-06-2003, 02:57 AM
In deed we will:D ...

And AM I IN YET?

swediot=)
06-06-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Jackrabbit
We're thinking of stashing stuff in your basement without your permission :D, like people...guns...vegetables. And I was thinking (not to sound like one of those people who always takes ideas from movies) that a little "Fight Club" in your basement would be kind of cool.

yeh the fight club s gonna be out back though

Ride
06-09-2003, 04:17 PM
One of the only problems I have with the Creature Pens is that it is a little bit to small. I would need some sort of feild, for training, ect. ect.

More than likely, I will want a house of some sort, to share with other Creature Handlers, so we can be close to the Creatures.

Just my two cents.

Altus_Thrawn
06-09-2003, 08:18 PM
For two houses, 2 players could share two houses...if they trusted each other.

Kwok69
06-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Hello all - im back from the dead - i moved house and got a whole big heap of new stuff (girlie - job - pc - net connection) so ill be around now - when is it coming out in the uk - answers on a postcard pls?!

Jatari Bazrak
06-18-2003, 02:05 PM
lol, it will be a thing in the future for the devs have not said.