PDA

View Full Version : Saber Hilt Tutorial

KBell
06-07-2003, 12:23 PM
I was digging around in my computer last night and i happened to come apon a folder marked "Tutorial" so I opened it. Inside was a Work In progress that i had started about One year ago and it was going to be a long tutorial for newbies on how to make a Saber Hilt using G-Max and how to skin it and put it in the game. I had already finished to " How to make the Saber Hilt part" with pictures included, and I'm about 1/3 of the way done with to " How to UVWrap and UNWrap" part.

SO I was wondering if I should continue to work on it. Would anyone like to see me finish it? Give me some feedback so I dont waste my time on this thing ;)

razorace
06-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Sure, more tutorials never hurt.

Louis
06-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Yeah I would really be interested in seeing this...

Wanderer
06-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by BakerS8er
I was digging around in my computer last night and i happened to come apon a folder marked "Tutorial" so I opened it. Inside was a Work In progress that i had started about One year ago and it was going to be a long tutorial for newbies on how to make a Saber Hilt using G-Max and how to skin it and put it in the game. I had already finished to " How to make the Saber Hilt part" with pictures included, and I'm about 1/3 of the way done with to " How to UVWrap and UNWrap" part.

SO I was wondering if I should continue to work on it. Would anyone like to see me finish it? Give me some feedback so I dont waste my time on this thing ;)
Yep! This would be very nice of you! Me as a saberdesigner...often dreamed of making not just Hiltskins and lightblades but of making own hilts as well!
I downloaded already a tutorial by a guy and made a nasty looking saber too, unable to skin it and bring it into the game.

So if you could make an easy understanding tutorial, this would be very awsome, you know:D

boinga1
06-08-2003, 02:07 AM
YES!!

Please do. I'm in the process of learning weapon modelling in gmax and I can't even do the skinmaps for a cylinder :mad:

ViolentJ_edi
06-13-2003, 03:32 PM
its always a good idea to pass on what knowledge you can if you have the time!

|GG|Carl
06-14-2003, 05:10 PM
I know many people who could have use for that...

Lukeiamyerfader
06-29-2003, 07:21 AM
Great idea, I'm learning how to do it too, and this tutorial could be really helpful!

Ockniel
07-04-2003, 11:29 AM
hey I think you should but where can I download gmax or is it a program you buy?

RoxStar
07-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Yeah you can download Gmax.

http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/

I would be VERY interested in this tutorial please complete it!

Ockniel
07-05-2003, 10:00 AM
thanks

RoxStar
07-05-2003, 07:10 PM
No problem.