PDA

View Full Version : Antitrust 2: The Return of NURV

Pages : [1] 2

Writer
06-18-2003, 07:18 PM
(This is set two years after the events of the movie ‘Antitrust’. Add your characters using the format below and I’ll get the story started.)

Name: Danielle Richardson
Appearance: 5’ 3” tall, shoulder length black hair, blue-gray eyes
Story: Two years after Synapse was ‘given back to the people it was stolen from’ former NURV CEO Gary Winston has been given another chance with his company. He has promised to rebuild his company the right way. He asked Milo Hoffman to join him, but Milo refused and Gary contacted one of Milo’s distant friends, Danielle Richardson. Danielle gladly went to work for the new and improved NURV. Then, Gary came to her with a problem he needed solved. People no longer trusted NURV to do anything for themselves. Gary wanted Danielle to come up with something big that would put people back into trusting NURV. She got to work on it and came out with two outstanding computer operating systems. With that, people began forgetting about Gary’s bad side.

(Ok people, get your characters in here and I’ll get the story started a little more.)

jokemaster
06-18-2003, 10:39 PM
((I was beginning to wonder if I'm the only one here who had watched the movie))
Name: David Stern
Appearance: 5' 5'' tall, Dark brown hair, green eyes.
Story: A close friend of both Milo and Danielle, Milo asked him to take care of Danielle. He moved next door to her, and works at NURV with her.

Mandalorian54
06-19-2003, 03:21 AM
What is antitrust?

jokemaster
06-19-2003, 01:17 PM
It's a movie, kinda like the net. It's about a programer going to work for a Microsoft like company (NURV).

Writer
06-19-2003, 06:56 PM
(I just want to remind you, NURV is now a smaller company than it used to be. Because of this, Gary gets involved a little more with the programmers that work for him.)

Danielle was sitting at her computer, trying to make sense of the code she had been writing. It was not going to work. She could see that much. But what was wrong with it? Or was something wrong with her?

She stretched and blinked her eyes. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was almost 6 AM and she had not had any sleep. Time for more coffee, she told herself.

As she stood up, she nearly ran into Gary. He always woke up and came in earlier than most of his employees, but Danielle had never known exactly what time he came in.

"I apologise," he said. "I didn't realize anybody was here."

"It was my fault," she said. "I wasn't expecting anybody and wasn't looking where I was going."

"How's it going?" he asked, peering at her computer. She shook her head.

"Not so well," she replied. "It doesn't make any sense."

Then she smiled. "I think I just learned the value of sleep."

Gary laughed and sat down at her computer. His eyes widened as he scrolled down over the code. "You're right. This doesn't make any sense."

He turned to look at her. "Why don't you get a few hours of sleep and then come back in. The others can take care of it until you get back."

Another programmer walked in. He greeted them cheerfully. "Hi Gary! Hi Danielle!"

Gary greeted him enthusiastically before turning back to Danielle who had gone back to her computer.

"Oh, no you don't," he said, pulling her chair away from the computer. He knelt down and saved her work, then turned off the computer. "Work on it some other time. You'll be much better after a couple of hours of sleep."

"You always win," she said, a smile crossing her face. "I'll be back soon."

Danielle walked out to her car and got in, pushing the seat back into a reclining position. Gary banged on the door.

"Go home to rest," he said. She sighed and pulled the seat forward again, put her foot on the clutch and started the car. Gary waved happily as she pulled away.

jokemaster
06-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Back at Danielle's neighboorhood, David was getting up, he quickly got dressed and headed to his car. Once outside he saw Danielle arriving.
David: HEY! Pull an all-nighter again?

Writer
06-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Danielle nodded. "Gary caught me this time."

Then, she laughed. "He wouldn't even let me rest in my car. Ordered me to come home. I'll see you again in a couple of hours."

jokemaster
06-20-2003, 12:07 AM
David smiled as he went into his car, Milo would probably kill him if he found out Danielle was pulling all nighters. He pulled out of the driveway and headed for NURV.

Writer
06-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Danielle was back at NURV no more than three hours later. She sat down at her computer and prepared to turn it on, but realized that it was already on. The code that she had been writing when she left was pulled up and made a lot more sense than it had that morning. Danielle looked at the ceiling.

"David, did you mess with my code?" she called.

"No, he didn't," a familiar voice said. "I did."

"I didn't think you wanted to help NURV, Milo," she said, turning to look at him. He shrugged.

"I'm helping you, not them," he said. She laughed.

"And I'm helping them," she replied. "In that case, you're helping me help them."

"Don't do that again," he said. His eyes burned into hers and she felt a little uncomfortable.

"Do what?" she asked.

"Don't work all night," he answered. Her smile returned.

"You used to do it," she smirked. "I bet you guys do it all the time."

"The only time I ever did that was when I still worked for NURV," he said. "And only then because I suspected something."

"Oh come on, Milo," she objected. "Gary's Synapse days are over. He's a much better person now."

"Oh, yes?" he growled. "Bad habits are hard to break. Place some cameras in his house next time you're over there. Moniter him. See exactly how much he's changed."

"You're crazy," she retorted. He shrugged.

"Just do it, Danni," he said. "See just how much your boss is changed."

Milo stood and headed out, but nearly ran into Gary. Gary's face lit up when he saw Milo.

"What a surprise, Milo," he said. Then, he smirked. "Couldn't keep yourself away, could you?"

"I was just leaving," Milo said icily. On his way out, he stopped where David was working.

"Keep a closer eye on her," Milo told David. "If she doesn't plant cameras in Gary's house, you do it. I smell a rat."

Then, he straightened and walked out.

jokemaster
06-25-2003, 01:16 AM
David grinned at Milo's instructions, if there was something he liked to do, it was planting cameras. He quickly went back to work, and found himself going over to Danielle's computer
"You got the icon problem solved yet" He said, while passing her a note saying "are you going to plant the cameras?"

Writer
06-27-2003, 04:31 AM
Danielle shook her head at David's question and then looked at the note. She looked sharply at David and shook her head firmly. She bent over the note and scribbled a response. Then, she crumpled the paper and tossed it back to him.

"I'll tell you why not later," the note said. "After work."

Then she tossed her head, causing her black ponytail to whip around and hit her in the face. Calmly brushing it out of the way, she went back to work.

jokemaster
06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
David also went back to work. He managed to solve a few of the smaller problems while there. He also kept his eye on Danielle, he hoped she wouldn't pull an all-nighter again.

Writer
06-28-2003, 02:21 AM
After work, Danielle met up with David as they walked to their cars. Danielle wasn't sure how Milo had found out that she was staying up all night, but she wasn't about to test him.

"I'm not the type of person who would spy on somebody," she finally told David. "Besides, didn't you hear about Milo's Building 21 infiltration faliure? If Gary and his people could figure out what Milo was doing, they could sure as heck figure out that Gary's house has been bugged."

She walked on for a moment, then turned her eyes on him. "What did he tell you as he walked out? Milo, I mean."

jokemaster
06-28-2003, 02:35 AM
"To tie you to the bed tonight and make sure you don't go to work in the middle of the night."

Writer
06-28-2003, 02:45 AM
"Whatever," she shrugged. "You're a liar and I know it. What did he really say? I mean it now. If you don't tell me, I'll tie you to your bed so you can't get to work in the morning."

jokemaster
06-28-2003, 02:43 PM
David shrugged.
"OK, he just said to keep an eye on you. Make sure nothing happens."

Writer
06-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Danielle shrugged. "What's to look out for? I know how to take care of myself."

Before David could respond, Gary called out to them. They turned around and waited for him.

"I just wanted to invite you two to a party at my house," he said. "We're celebrating NURV's recovery from my bad choices. It's on Friday night at 7:30. Can you come?"

Danielle thought about it for a while. Then she smiled. "I would love to."

jokemaster
06-30-2003, 08:28 PM
David: Sure, just let me change clothes
David was wearing the typical first shirt and pants you can grab from your closet.

jokemaster
07-02-2003, 01:50 PM
((I'm having surgery today and I'll be gone for a while, I'd appreciate it if anyone could control my character.))

Writer
07-04-2003, 03:14 AM
Danielle laughed and bonked David lightly on the head. "You might need a little sleep. Friday's tomorrow."

Gary laughed. "Tomorrow, David."

"Right," David replied, smacking his own head. "See you both tomorrow at work."

He turned to walk to his car and vaguely motioned to Danielle to follow him. She waved to Gary and he smiled and went back inside.

"This is our chance to place the cameras," David whispered when Danielle caught up with him. Danielle frowned.

"Enjoy yourself," she said. "I'm not doing it. I'll moniter them with you, but I'm not placing them."

She turned to her car. "No, I'm not even going to moniter them."

She got in her car and drove away. David sighed and followed her. He knew he'd have to convince her to see the footage if Milo's suspicion was right.

jokemaster
07-08-2003, 11:24 PM
((OK, I'm back.))
David arrived home and collapsed on his bed, he was going to need his rest for the party. He fell asleep in moments.

Writer
07-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Danielle couldn't sleep that night. Her mind kept chewing on Milo's words, "See just how much your boss has changed."

She hated him for saying such a thing, but hated herself for even considering its truth. She tossed and turned until she fell asleep.

((I'll not be here for a couple of weeks. See you when I get back.))

Writer
07-27-2003, 11:39 PM
The next day, Danielle tried to act as if it was the same as always, just another day at work, but she couldn't get Milo's comment out of her head. She kept at her work, but couldn't help but be distracted. When the time came to get ready for the party, she left NURV and went home, leaving the code with only a few additions and modifications to it.

When she got to Gary's house, he welcomed her with a smile. She returned his smile and went in. He commented on her dress, which was deep blue and really brought out the blue in her eyes. She was the first person to get there and so Gary talked to her about her progress on the software.

"It's really been a hard day today," she said. "I just haven't been able to concentrate."

"Is there a reason?" he asked. "Or are you just not paying as much attention as you should?"

"I don't know," she replied. "I think something's bothering me, but I just don't know what."

But she did know. She was being bothered by the thoughts of what Milo had said and what David was planning to do that night. She knew that she shouldn't tell Gary what was going on, but she was having a hard time with it. She trusted Gary and hated to think that anybody might not.

Another ring from the doorbell jolted her out of her thoughts. Gary went to answer it.

jokemaster
07-28-2003, 02:59 AM
The person at the door was David, he saw that only Danielle and Gary were there and joked "Did I get the wrong date again?" He began to chat it up with Gary, and the other guests started to arrive, once about an hour went past, he went out to the bathroom. Or so he stated. In fact he took out a bag of cameras smaller than a fingernail and began installing them in corners of every room, giving them a view of the entire house. He also installed them directly in fron of monitors for a clear view of every computer. Once he was installing the last one, in a dark room with the lights off, a gaurd discovered him. "Hey you!" Said the guard. David made a break for it, knowing the gaurd had seen his face. The gaurd drew his gun and shot twice, one bullet missed and one grazed David's leg. David saw that it was slightly bleeding, though none of the blood was on the floor. It didn't hurt a lot, which meant he was still a bit in shock. He returned to the bathroom, and exited it as if though he had been in there, while going down the stairs he purposely tripped and fell a bit. After he told everyone "I'm OK" He approached Danielle and told her "Old injury just flared up, I have to go home." and headed to his car.

Writer
07-29-2003, 12:58 AM
Danielle nodded, but inside she was rolling her eyes. The only injury David had ever had was a broken arm. She knew him well enough to know that. He had almost been caught planting cameras. To help him out, she feigned sympathy.

"Are you gonna be okay?" she asked. Gary appeared to feel the same.

"If you get it back under control within an hour, please come back," he said. "We'll be sad to lose you right now."

jokemaster
07-29-2003, 04:02 PM
"Probably just need to take some painkillers and some medicine."
He got into his car and Danielle saw him flinch in pain when he closed the door. She also managed to see a spot of blood on his pants. David started driving for home.

Writer
07-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Danielle watched David drive away and then turned to Gary.

"I hope he'll be OK," she said. Then she put a worried look on her face. "Maybe I should go help him."

"You heard him say he'd be fine," Gary objected. "Why don't you stay and enjoy the party."

She obediently stayed, but 10 minutes later, she faked illness and went home. She didn't even bother with changing before going over to David's house and banging on his door.

"You're an idiot, David," she yelled through the door. He opened the door and let her in. "Don't you realize that what you did tonight could have gotten you killed?"

She paused to let him answer, but then noticed his computer, which had each camera's display on it. She went over to the computer and looked closer. As she did, her eyes widened as she recognized some of Gary's old friends.

"Anything new?" Gary asked.

"Just trying to get one last thing and then we'll be ready to start feeding you info," his friend replied. Danielle turned her eyes to David.

"Milo knew," she whispered.

jokemaster
07-29-2003, 09:06 PM
David: YEah he knew, that's actually why I'm here, he sent me to keep an eye on you. Anyway, I belive you were saying something about me being an idiot.

Writer
07-30-2003, 05:08 PM
"I haven't changed my mind on that," Danielle said. "I'm sure there was an easier way for you to plant these cameras without getting cought. You're forgiven though."

She sighed. "I need some sleep. Goodnight, David."

jokemaster
07-30-2003, 06:05 PM
"See ya at work tomorrow."

David continued watching, he knew there was no other way to get the feed. He quickly sent the stream to Milo, along and added his computer to the stream line, sending all video to Milo. After that he went to clean his wound some more, he also put a dressing on it. after that he took some painkiller and went to bed.

Writer
08-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Meanwhile, in Gary's house, Gary was having a quiet conversation with a man David had never seen before. For a little while, the conversation was carried out on paper, but then they began to speak.

"They did?" Gary asked. "When?"

"The night of the party," the other man replied. "They had them ready and got the placement just right."

"Dispose of them," Gary said, his voice suddenly quiet. "If they can't do the work they said they would do, we need to get them out of business."

"When do you want it done?" the man asked.

"As soon as you can get it done," Gary said.

"Payment?" the man asked.

"When the job's done," Gary said.

David sat back in horror. Had this been an arrangement for the deaths of himself and Danielle? Suddenly, his phone rang.

"That was for you, David," Milo said before David could respond. "Get Danielle and get out of there."

With that, he hung up, leaving David horrified. The trouble was that Danielle didn't know of any of these events. She was back at her house getting ready for bed, all without a clue of what was coming for her.

jokemaster
08-02-2003, 03:04 AM
David ran to Danielle's house and forced open the front door, he yelled "DANIELLE, GET DOWN HERE, WE GOTTA GET OUT, NOW!"

Writer
08-02-2003, 04:31 PM
"What's wrong?" she called. Suddenly David heard a bang, then a scream. He was getting ready to rush up the stairs, but before he could take action, Danielle came tumbling down. He rushed over to her, thinking that she had already been killed, but as he got there, she stirred.

"Remind me not to do that again," she mumbled, staggering to her feet. She winced as she put her weight on her left leg, quickly taking the pressure off that leg. "Do you have any idea how bad it hurts to be shot?"

Without much thought, David picked her up and carried her out to his car. His cell phone rang.

"Are you out?" Milo asked.

jokemaster
08-03-2003, 12:22 AM
"Yes, Danielle's shot, but she should be OK." DAvid said. "I'll see what I can do once we're safe."

Writer
08-03-2003, 02:22 AM
"Shot?" Milo said sharply. "They were able to get there that quickly?"

jokemaster
08-03-2003, 04:16 AM
"Yeah, listen, I recommend you go hide too, looks like gary hired more expirienced people this time."

Writer
08-03-2003, 08:00 PM
"Good idea," Milo said. "I'll try to keep in contact with you. Be very careful."

jokemaster
08-03-2003, 10:04 PM
"You too man" Said David "We'll see you soon."
David hanged up and took a right turn. After a while they came into a motel. David got out, showed his ID to the manager. THe manager nodded and gave him a key. He went back to the car.
"OK, I know the guy who owns this place. He's a good guy so he won't rat us out."

Writer
08-04-2003, 01:58 AM
"I'm sure you find that very comforting," Danielle said, "but for somebody who had a bullet go through their leg, I think a hospital would sound better."

She saw the look on David's face and sighed.

"I know," she said. "It's too risky with some crazy kook I used to call a boss trying to kill us. I'm sorry. This sounds great. Movies?"

jokemaster
08-04-2003, 02:32 AM
David pulled out some Blockbuster DVDs and a portable DVD player.
" LEt's see, we got Hackers, War Game, The Net, a fake membership card, and the movie freedom pass"

Writer
08-04-2003, 06:43 AM
Danielle laughed in spite of her injury. "I didn't think my question would get such an answer. I'm not sure what any of those are. Why not Hackers, but lets wait until we are settled in the hotel."

jokemaster
08-04-2003, 08:01 PM
*David opened the door to the room, there were 2 beds, a TV, a minibar, and a bathroom. He picked up the suitcase and threw them onto one bed.*

Writer
08-04-2003, 08:18 PM
"Now what?" Danielle asked when they had gotten all settled in. "What do we do next?"

jokemaster
08-04-2003, 08:45 PM
David walked to the back of the TV and started plugging in the DVD player.
"We wait till Milo calls us. THat's why I brought the DVDs"

Writer
08-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Meanwhile, at Gary's house, Gary was pacing impatiently. The phone rang.

"What!" he barked. "They've escaped?... I thought you said they wouldn't understand us from what we said out loud... Yes, I guess they did. Find them."

Back at the hotel, the phone rings and David picks it up.

"Are you safe now?" Milo asks. "How is Danielle?"

jokemaster
08-07-2003, 08:55 PM
"She's fine, the wound doesn't look too bad. What do we do now?"

Writer
08-07-2003, 10:01 PM
"Stay right where you are," Milo said. "They don't know where you are. Make sure you keep it that way. In fact, keep on the move if Danielle can handle it. Never stay anywhere for more than a couple of days. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out a way to stop them. We could use Synapse, but we don't know enough yet. You can help by thinking and having Danielle do the same."

"Keep on the move?" Danielle asked when David told her. "Sure, I can do that. Where to next?"

Her face suddenly lit up. "We could ask my sister to get into NURV. She could get information and get out. Then she'd send the info to either us or Milo and we could use Synapse to spread the word."

Then her face fell again. "But I'd worry that she'd be caught. Any ideas from you?"

jokemaster
08-07-2003, 10:19 PM
"Gary'd recognize your sister, remember what Milo said, he has extensive files on his employees. We could however, keep an eye on NURV for ourselves. We have to keep moving though."

Writer
08-07-2003, 10:21 PM
"The cameras you placed!" Danielle suddenly exclaimed. "Send that to the world through Synapse. Then see how much Gary can do."

jokemaster
08-07-2003, 10:45 PM
"We can try it, but Gary will probably claim the videos were edited."

Writer
08-07-2003, 10:54 PM
"How many people are going to believe him?" Danielle asked. "Sure, maybe people have forgotten what he did with Synapse, but these videos will make them remember."

jokemaster
08-08-2003, 10:42 PM
"he'll still be able to buy his way out of it again."

Writer
08-19-2003, 12:30 AM
Danielle sighed. "It seems like I'm the only one coming up with ideas. What are your ideas?"

jokemaster
08-19-2003, 07:33 PM
"FIrst, I'm getting you to a hospital. I got a fake ID in the works now, it should be ready soon. Then I'm gonna see if I can find a weakness in NURV."

Writer
08-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Suddenly, David's phone rang. It was Gary.

"I know where you are," he said. "I will find you. It would be easier on you if you simply came back to me. Make your choice. Live or die."

With that, he hung up. Danielle noticed that David hadn't said anything.

"Who was that?" she asked, her voice showing a hint of panic that she had, until this point, been able to hide.

jokemaster
08-23-2003, 06:24 PM
"You already guessed it" Said David.
He walked to the window and threw the phone out, it landed on th eback of a pickup truck.
"We need to move out, it probably had a tracking device"

Writer
08-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Danielle moaned. "Who knows what else he can track us through? We should ditch everything we're carrying. Buy new stuff. Trade the car in for a new one. In other words, we need to get rid of everything we have with us right now."

She began to stand up, but suddenly winced and fell back on the bed. "And I need to be careful about my leg."

jokemaster
08-26-2003, 02:03 AM
"We better hurry. There's a rental place near here, so we can walk. I'm gonna tell my friend to close it up temporarily"
With that David left and warned his friend.

Writer
08-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Danielle tried to follow him, but instead ended up by the window. She looked down to see where the phone had gone and saw the truck. The phone was ringing. Suddenly she became suspicious. Something wasn't right.

Meanwhile, David had warned his friend and they had gotten talking. David went back up to the room, but Danielle was nowhere to be found. He panicked. Had somebody come and taken her? He raced out of the building, frantically searching for her. The car was gone.

jokemaster
08-26-2003, 02:16 AM
David ran out and looked for any tire skids.

Writer
08-28-2003, 06:35 PM
Meanwhile, Danielle rushed up to the counter of a clothing store.

"I'll buy what I'm wearing," she said. She had already rented a car. She dumped all of her money on the counter. "Keep the change."

On her way out, she dumped her wallet in the trash after removing anything that she hadn't gotten from NURV. Then she went back to the hotel and found David in the parking lot.

"Get this on," she said handing him a set of clothes. "Get rid of everything you have."

jokemaster
08-28-2003, 09:11 PM
"Already done" David said, and he held out his wallet, it was empty except for some $100 bills

jokemaster
08-28-2003, 10:27 PM
"Already done" He said, holding his wallet, showing that all that was left were a few 100s, some 50s and 20s

Writer
08-30-2003, 01:46 PM
"Get in," she ordered. "We need to let Milo know we're okay somehow. Did you think that far ahead?"

jokemaster
08-30-2003, 03:02 PM
"I know a place where you can buy disposable cell phones. turn right on memorial"

Writer
09-05-2003, 03:39 PM
They bought a phone and contacted Milo.

"You made it out of there just in time," he said. "I'm sorry, though David. I'm not sure your friend will make it out of this. Keep on the move and change rental cars continually."

jokemaster
09-05-2003, 11:50 PM
"Don't worry, I know the rules. The cameras still working?"

Writer
09-06-2003, 10:53 PM
"Yes," replied Milo after some hesitation. "I'm beginning to wonder if they know where you hid the cameras though. Some of them blink off every once in a while. When they come back, it's as if they're replaying things they've already captured."

jokemaster
09-07-2003, 12:08 AM
"Can you check if the code's been messed with?

Writer
09-08-2003, 05:03 PM
"It has," Milo replied. "In that case, I'd guess I need to get out of here. If they can mess with the code, they can trace where the signal's being picked up."

jokemaster
09-08-2003, 09:19 PM
"Want to meet somewhere?"

Writer
09-08-2003, 09:20 PM
"Sure," Milo said. "You say the place. I'll be there as soon as I can."

jokemaster
09-08-2003, 09:45 PM
"How about the italian place on buffalo? It's dark, i've never been there, and they say the pizza's great"

Writer
09-08-2003, 09:47 PM
"Fine," Milo said. "Can you be there in 20 minutes?"

jokemaster
09-09-2003, 02:17 AM
"If the traffic doesn't change much"
David changed lanes and took a right turn.
"We're gonna meet Milo for lunch, you like italian?" He asked Danielle.

Writer
09-09-2003, 04:37 PM
"Sounds good," Danielle said. "Fill me in on what just happened."

David told her about his conversation with Milo. She sighed. "I knew they'd be able to do that. It's a good thing Milo's leaving."

jokemaster
09-09-2003, 09:31 PM
"I just hope he leaves in time"

Writer
09-10-2003, 03:31 PM
They went to the restaurant and went in. Milo joined them five minutes later. He greeted them warmly, but then got serious.

"You realize that aside from Gary and his people, we're the only ones who know what's going on," he said. "That puts us in a hard spot. We have to expose him and it won't be as easy as the first time."

jokemaster
09-10-2003, 11:48 PM
" Agreed, Gary learned his lesson and put a bigger PR department."

Writer
09-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Milo put his head in his hands. "I'm open to suggestions."

It was clear that he had been having a rough day and his mind wasn't thinking clearly.

jokemaster
09-18-2003, 03:42 PM
"Bad day at work Milo?" Asked David, temporarily switching subject

Writer
09-23-2003, 02:18 AM
"With Gary on my mind, I can't think about anything else," Milo replied. "We need to make sure that he doesn't get out of jail this time."

jokemaster
09-23-2003, 11:54 AM
"Hell yeah, still can't beleive he beat that murder charge"

Writer
09-23-2003, 10:11 PM
"Yeah," Danielle put in. Then she gasped. "He has friends in law enforcement. How else could he have managed that?"

"What makes you say that?" Milo asked sharply. Danielle stood up and left for a moment. When she returned, she was carrying a newspaper. She dropped it on the table.

"Three former NURV Employees Wanted" the headline read.

"He's accusing us of stealing his ideas," she pointed out. Milo shook his head.

"All that means is that he has control of the press," he objected. Danielle frowned.

"Don't you think the police would check on a story like that?" she asked. "Instead, there are some officers questioned who said it had been confirmed."

Milo's head returned to his hands.

"Like I said, I'm open to suggestions," he moaned.

jokemaster
09-23-2003, 10:19 PM
The waiter soon arrives and David ordered a pepperoni pizza
"The camera's code's been messed with, so if we try to accuse him with that he'll say that we changed it. I think the only way to do it is to grab something from his own files."

Writer
09-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Milo nods. "Right."

"Ok, sneaks," Danielle says. "I know a lot about computers and all, but how are we going to manage getting Gary's files."

jokemaster
09-28-2003, 03:42 PM
"I'm guessing the only way to is by actually being in front of his computer"

Writer
09-29-2003, 07:18 PM
"Beautiful thinking, David," Danielle said sarcastically. "How exactly are we going to get there?"

"Calm down, Danni," Milo said sternly. She shook her head fiercely.

"No way!" she replied. "We're sitting in a restaurant with people trying to kill us. I am not calming down until we are out of this mess. So David, how are we going to get into Gary's house?"

"I can help," an elderly gentleman said. He had been sitting in the booth behind them and had apparently heard their whole conversation. "My wife and I clean his house once a week. That's tomorrow. Care to join us?"

"Do you get near his computer?" Danielle asked sourly.

"Every week," the man replied. Danielle nodded, but Milo was hesitant.

"How do we know you're not working for him?" he asked.

The man laughed. "I do work for him. I'm his janitor!"

Milo shook his head in despair.

"I remember Synapse," the man said. "A man cannot change that quickly. If you can show me evidence that he is still on the wrong track, I'll help you."

jokemaster
09-29-2003, 09:22 PM
"We can show you."
David took out his laptop, the one thing he always carried himself. He had bought it some years ago, and refused to let anyone else touch it. He took it out, and showed the video of Gary and Co. conspiring

Writer
09-30-2003, 12:55 AM
"That's enough for me!" the man exclaimed. "You just meet me and my wife here tomorrow at 7 AM. We'll get you into his house as our helpers. Then we'll assign you to his office."

Milo nodded.

"That works," he said. The man rose and left the restaurant without so much as a backward glance and left the three to talk.

"We don't know how much truth was in that," Danielle said quietly. "He might have been trying to take us in to Gary."

"We'll know better tomorrow," Milo said. "Let's go somewhere and get some sleep."

jokemaster
09-30-2003, 01:20 AM
"You got a hotel where you can stay?"

Writer
10-02-2003, 04:02 PM
"No," Milo replied. "I dropped nearly everything and came as soon as I could. I had no time to arrange anything and wouldn't want to from my apartment. Gary's probably got my phones bugged. After all, there's virtually no limit to what he can do."

jokemaster
10-02-2003, 09:09 PM
"I always told you PR departments were bad news. Anyway, where do we meet tomorrow?"

Writer
10-02-2003, 11:15 PM
"The man said to meet here," Milo said. "We'll follow his plan. But be careful."

jokemaster
10-03-2003, 12:04 AM
"Agreed. Let's go." David walked out the door, and brought the car to the entrance.

Writer
10-08-2003, 03:30 PM
The next morning, Milo, David, and Danielle walked into the restaurant at around 7. The man wasn't there yet so they got something to eat. The man showed up when they were nearly halfway through their meal and ordered something for himself and his wife. Then they got on the road and went to Gary's house.

"You brought some helpers this time?" Gary asked cheerfully. The man nodded. "My kids. My daughter, Emily broke her leg recently, so she won't be doing much."

Danielle held out her left leg, which had been wrapped in a cast. Gary smiled, apparently not recognizing her. In fact, he didn't seem to recognize any of them and there was a good reason for it. They didn't look like normal.

Danielle, aside from the cast, had brown eyes and blonde hair. David's face looked at least ten years older and he had streaks of gray in his hair. Milo had dropped his glasses and had green eyes and red hair.

"Come on in and get started," Gary said kindly. He turned to Danielle. "I'll find something for you to do."

He got her started on the riding lawn mower.

"After all," he said, "we don't want you on that leg. This may not be one of the things your dad usually does, but I'll pay you to do it this time. Better to have you working than sitting in that van all day, right?"

jokemaster
10-08-2003, 09:10 PM
David was cleaning the kitchen. The old man was cleaning the bathrooms, which David was glad he didn't have to do. Once he was finished, he would clean & vacuum the computer room.

Writer
10-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Danielle continued mowing the lawn, but she couldn't keep her eyes off the house. How was it going in there?

Meanwhile, Milo was cleaning Gary's bedroom, wondering if David had gotten to the computer yet.

jokemaster
10-11-2003, 10:07 PM
David had finally gotten to the computer. The old man told him that Gary was finally out of the house. David carefully opened up the computer, took out the hard drive, connected it with a special cable to his computer and inspected it. He added identical files to another hard drive and inserted that one into Gary's computer. In one of the files he had added a bug, it would send anything Gary did to his computer.
"I'm done" He said to the old man.

Writer
10-13-2003, 12:16 AM
Suddenly, David realized that Gary had entered the room

"Do you like my computer?" he asked quietly, his face glowing with suspicion.

jokemaster
10-13-2003, 12:41 AM
"I'm sorry sir, I blew some dust into your computer accidently, I was checking for anything that might've been damaged."

Writer
10-13-2003, 12:44 AM
"I see," Gary said, still not entirely sure he should believe David. He repeated his question. "How do you like my computer?"

jokemaster
10-13-2003, 02:53 AM
"It's pretty good. Your hard drive has a lot of memory. Way more than mine, in any case."

Writer
10-13-2003, 05:10 PM
"Are computers a hobby of yours?" Gary asks, moving over to where David is standing. "Your dad sure didn't teach you anything about them, did he? He's just a janitor."

He looked intensely into David's face.

jokemaster
10-13-2003, 10:53 PM
"One of my Math teachers taught me about them. " This was not true, but close. David's science teacher had taught him.

Writer
10-15-2003, 12:38 AM
"Your math teacher, huh?" Gary said smiling. "You sure about that?"

He looked straight into David's eyes and David began to wonder if he had been caught. Even so, he figured it best to play calm.

jokemaster
10-15-2003, 12:44 AM
"Yeah, she guessed that computers would do a lot of math in the future."

Writer
10-15-2003, 12:53 AM
"Let me show you why she's right," Gary said. He sat down at his computer and opened a program David had created. "Recognize this?"

The program had not yet been released.

jokemaster
10-15-2003, 01:07 AM
"No." He said, noticing they had fixed a few things. "Is it in Beta stage" He added, purposefully asking if it was one stage forward than it really was.

Writer
10-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Gary smiled, finally seeming to let David off the hook.

"Not yet," he said. "The guy who did the initial programming of it left. We haven't been able to find him so we haven't done much to finish it."

jokemaster
10-15-2003, 09:22 PM
"Unexpected vacation?" He asked. "Or product theft?"

Writer
10-15-2003, 11:45 PM
"You read about the product theft in the paper?" Gary questioned. He gestured to the program. This is one of the guys responsible."

He glared out the window and motioned to David that he could leave.

Meanwhile, Danielle had finished mowing the lawn and was going back to the van. She had gotten used to the crutches and the cast, but she would be glad when she could take them off. Unfortunately, the broken leg was not just part of her disguise so it would be a while.

As she was getting into the van, she overheard a gardener at the window of Gary's office talking to Gary through a window.

"The van has been sufficiently bugged," he said. "We've also put a tracker on it. If these three kids are the people you're looking for, we'll know it soon."

jokemaster
10-15-2003, 11:51 PM
David left Gary's office, carrying his laptop under his arm. He met Danielle outside the van.

Writer
10-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Before David could say anything, Danielle shushed him. She grabbed his computer and typed him a note.

The note said: The van is bugged. We'll have to talk like we are the kids of these janitors. We'll need them to know before they get in the van too otherwise we'll all be in big trouble.

jokemaster
10-16-2003, 01:06 AM
David nodded
"DAAAD! I'M DONE WITH THE ROOM!" He yelled.

Writer
10-16-2003, 01:20 PM
The janitor came out of the house, a questioning look on his face. Danielle motioned for him to come over to them. He read the note on the screen and his eyes widened.

"Tell Mom we'll be waiting in the van," Danielle said.

jokemaster
10-16-2003, 09:26 PM
"Come on, that cast making you slower?" David asked, acting as Danielle's brother.

Writer
10-16-2003, 10:58 PM
"Need I say this... DUH!" Danielle said.

jokemaster
10-17-2003, 12:10 AM
"Just get in the van, I have a date at 5:00 and Dad gave me permission to leave early as long as I drop you off."

Writer
10-18-2003, 01:19 AM
"You still going out with Amanda?" Danielle asked. "Or have you moved on to Erin?"

She was trying to make it sound like he had a whole list of girlfriends he was going through one by one and by the look on his face, it was working.

jokemaster
10-18-2003, 01:22 AM
"Neiter, i'm on the market right now" Answered David truthfully.

Writer
10-18-2003, 01:24 AM
"Blind date?" Danielle continued.

jokemaster
10-18-2003, 01:30 AM
"And trust you to match me up with someone? What do I look dumb?"

Writer
10-18-2003, 01:31 AM
"Yes," Danielle said laughing. She got in the van.

jokemaster
10-18-2003, 03:04 AM
David drove until they reached the place where milo was waiting.
David wrote "take the van back to Gary's and take a taxi from there back here." And showed it to Danielle.

Writer
10-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Danielle nodded and did what he asked.

"It's a good thing this van isn't a stick shift," she said as she got back in. "And that I didn't break my right leg."

jokemaster
10-18-2003, 02:41 PM
David was in the restaurant and headed for Milo.

Writer
10-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Danielle drove back to Gary's house in silence. Without a word, she got in the back seat and let the man drive back to the restarurant where David and Milo were waiting.

"It's been nice seeing you again, Mom and Dad," she said when she got out. They nodded happily.

"You take care of that leg of yours," the man said. "Don't go falling down stairs again and hurting our girl."

Danielle laughed. They were perfect when it came to playing along with this.

"I can make no garuntees," she replied, "but I'll try my best."

They said good bye and merrily went away. Danielle went into the restaurant and joined David and Milo.

"Any news yet?" she asked.

jokemaster
10-27-2003, 10:13 PM
"His encryption's getting better and better. We haven't been able to crack the password.."

Writer
10-28-2003, 01:01 AM
"Great," Danielle muttered. Milo smiled.

"It just means that he'll have further to fall," he said. "Once we get his password, he's through."

Then he turned to David.

"I'm sorry, but your friend at the hotel didn't make it," he said. He handed a newspaper to David. It claimed that his friend had been dealing with illegal items and had attempted to kill police. He had been shot.

"Gary's getting better at lying if the majority of people believe that," Danielle said.

jokemaster
10-28-2003, 01:26 AM
"Oh no" Muttered David. "Oh God, it's my fault. He shot at them in self-defence, and now he'll be remembered as a murderer."

Writer
10-28-2003, 01:34 AM
"David, get a grip," Danielle hissed. "The more likely story is that your friend wouldn't tell Gary where we went so they killed him. He probably didn't even shoot."

"Danielle is right," Milo said firmly. "Your friend probably didn't even have a gun in his hand."

jokemaster
10-28-2003, 01:44 AM
"You're right" Said David. Suddenly the computer beeped, they had finally found the right password.
"I guess you get to do the honors" Said David to Danielle.

Writer
02-28-2005, 07:47 PM
((Bumping this thread for the only two people who ever joined it:D ))

"Why me?" Danielle asked quietly. "Milo brought the company down the first time. Shouldn't he do it again?"

"Quiet," Milo suddenly ordered. "And keep your heads down."

They did as they were told, but Danielle asked, "What is it?"

"Lisa Callahan," Milo answered. Danielle remembered Lisa's name on the news concerning the Synapse project.

Lisa walked directly to Milo. She was holding a hand tightly to her right arm.

"I know that's you," she said. "Don't worry, I'm not working for Gary any more."

"I'm not ready to trust you, Lisa," Milo answered, staring at her. "You betrayed me two years ago. To my knowledge, there's nothing that will keep you from doing the same now."

"They're trying to kill me too," she said, pulling her hand away. There was a dark circle of blood and Danielle looked up just in time to see Lisa collapse.

Curt-Man
03-01-2005, 03:36 PM
(( i want to join but i don't really want to read through alot of pages of stuff, so can i get the lowdown?))

jokemaster
03-01-2005, 07:42 PM
David managed to catch her before she hit the ground and applied pressure to the wound.
"We gotta get her outta here." He said quietly.
((Question: Have you seen antitrust, Curt? ))

Curt-Man
03-01-2005, 07:46 PM
((damnit, no i haven't but this thread sounds fun..))

jokemaster
03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
((All right, do you want me to spoil it for you?

Here's the basic synopsis of the movie:
After graduating from Stanford, two idealistic computer whiz kids who are best friends are offered jobs at NURV, a giant Portland company with a driven boss, Gary Winston, on the verge of a world-linking satellite communication system. With support from his girlfriend Alice, Milo takes the job; Teddy says no and continues work on a media compression program he wants to make available free. Winston takes a person interest in Milo, whose genius can help NURV meet its launch date, and Milo responds with brilliance and long hours. When Teddy is murdered, One of Winston's offhand remark makes Milo suspicious, he decides to investigate Winston and NURV.

From there it becomes a 'who can you trust movie', with the girlfriend turning out to be working for Gary, Gary had Teddy killed because he was about to launch the same product before NURV, and he ain't the only one he's killed, Milo works with a coworker, Lisa Calighan, but when they confront Gary, it turns out Lisa is actually working for Gary, but Milo and a friend manage to put a video of everything Gary's done, using the same satelite system he killed Teddy for))

Writer
03-02-2005, 07:57 AM
((It's a little late to be joining, but if you watch the movie, I guess it's ok. This is the sequel to the movie. Gary talked his way out of jail and has been given a second chance with NURV. Danielle Richardson and David Stern are friends of Milo Hoffman and both go to work for the new NURV. David is really there to keep an eye on Danielle and make sure Gary isn't playing against the rules again.

Since the start of the RPG, cameras have been placed in Gary's house and were monitored until Gary discovered them. His people are now chasing Danielle, David, and Milo. A new twist is the arrival of Lisa Calighan, a girl who used to work for Gary.))

Milo reached out and slid Lisa into the seat next to him, swearing under his breath. He sat there for a second and then stood.

"We don't know if she's lying or not," he said, "but we can't just let her bleed to death. Let's get a hotel room."

Curt-Man
03-02-2005, 01:34 PM
((so can i join then? if so here's my profile thinger

Name: John Karloyle
Appearance: Blue eyes, dark bonde hair, medium build, always wears black shooes and black pants, but the shirt always changes
Bio: Johngrew up as a smart kid and when he was introduced to computers he just became smarter, when he applied at NURV they accepted him easily, he works there, but rarely interacts with anyone, he is a very withdrawn person.))

jokemaster
03-02-2005, 02:54 PM
((Guess so.))
David got in the driver's seat and drove them all to the hotel. When they arrived he draped a blanket over Lisa so people wouldn't notice a bleeding unconcious woman being carried up to a room.

Writer
03-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Lisa regained consciousness in the hotel room and groaned. Danielle ordered David and Milo out of the room and hobbled over to the bed. (Remember, she has a broken leg right now)

"You're ok," Danielle said. "We'll help you."

She attended to Lisa's injury and gave her a new shirt.

"So who are you?" Lisa asked slowly. Danielle smiled.

"I'm Danielle Richardson," she said. "I'm a friend of Milo's. Call me Danni."

"And I guess you know who I am," Lisa sighed. "You probably aren't a fan of mine."

"Let me put it Milo's way," Danni said slowly, "we don't know if you're lying or not, but we can't just leave you to bleed to death."

"So what will it take for you to trust me?" Lisa asked. Danni shrugged.

"When you came to us, we were about to hack into Gary's computer," she said. "If you're still working with him, his computer will show record of it. If not, it won't."

"So are you going to do that soon?"

Danni shrugged. "I guess so. Let me call Milo and David back into the room."

She did so and all four of them gathered around the computer. Danni turned to David.

"Care to do the honors? Or should Milo?"

jokemaster
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
"I'll do it."
David typed in the password that they had found earlier and logged on. He immidiately went to work, directly to the employee files, under miscellanous, and looked for Lisa's name.

Writer
03-03-2005, 06:13 AM
Records of Lisa's past work with NURV were still on file, but after the records of her arrest, nothing else could be found about her... until three days earlier. Apparently, Gary had ordered her killed. She had been smart enough to escape, but had been injured. Later that day, she'd been put in the paper as wanted.

"Gary will do anything to keep this information out of sight," Lisa said. "If we show this to anybody, Gary will say we created it to put him back in jail. It won't do any good unless..."

Her eyes suddenly sparkled and Danni caught what she was thinking of.

"We have to take his computer?" she said skeptically. Lisa nodded and shrugged.

"It shouldn't be that hard," she said. "All we have to do is change our appearances enough so he doesn't recognize us."

"We already tried that," Milo objected. "We think he recognized David anyway."

"Then we can get somebody else... somebody that Gary doesn't know," Lisa pressed. She turned to Danni and David. "Do you have any family members that kind of keep out of sight?"

Danni sighed and nodded. "My brother, Ryan."

"How old is he?" Lisa asked.

"25," Danni answered. Lisa nodded.

"Would he be willing to do anything we ask him to?"

"That's what I'm afraid of," Danni answered. "I think he will."

"Danni, please call him for us," Milo said. "We really need his help."

Curt-Man
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM
John was headed back home when he saw some of his collegues carrying a bloody girl. John wasn't ever the curious-stalking type but ever since he laid eyes on danielle, he couldn't stop staring, so he got in his car and followed them to a hotel, it happened to be the hotel he was currently staying at. John walked straight in and up to the floor he saw them go to.
((sorry i have no other way to introduce myself in the story.))

Writer
03-03-2005, 08:22 PM
((That's why I said it was a little late to be joining... I suppose it's the best entrance you can make right about now.))

Danni hesitated. "I don't know..." Her words trailed off into silence.

"Danni," Milo said quietly. "We really need his help."

"But what's his cover gonna be?" she wondered. "He has no good story for getting into Gary's house and taking his computer."

"I came up with a story that fooled Milo," Lisa offered helpfully. Milo shrugged.

"There's a problem with that," he said. "Gary has seen your work. He'd know if it was your scheme coming at him."

"I took a drama class back in high school," Danni said hesitantly. "I also have a friend who's a good writer. I think we could come up with something."

"Call your brother," Milo said. "And your friend. We'll need all the help we can get. This has to be perfect."

((Curt, I'm thinking you're Danni's friend who can write... if you don't want to be, just let me know.))

jokemaster
03-03-2005, 09:18 PM
((Bloodied tarp, actually))
" But how do we get the damn thing out of there without his noticing? "

Curt-Man
03-07-2005, 12:31 AM
((sounds good to me))
John sat down and pondered who could it be, and whay was she all bloody? he dismissed the thought and took out one of his old plays and read it over.

Writer
03-07-2005, 09:40 PM
"The Grant sisters," Milo said suddenly. Danni frowned and stared at him.

"Don't get them involved," she said quietly. Milo shrugged.

"We're involving your brother," he said. "Why not Kelli and Lizza?"

"Who are they?" Lisa wondered. Danni sighed.

"Elizabeth and Kelli Grant are two girls who happen to live in a house with the most paranoid security system on the planet," she explained. "Their dad had an idea and started on it when a house robbery killed his wife. He worked himself to death on his own security system and his daughters completed it."

"Not only do they have the most paranoid security system around," Milo continued, "they can also bypass any security system. I guess it comes with being able to bypass their own."

"We could hide out there while Danni's brother and the Grants go in for Gary's computer," Lisa said thoughtfully. Milo nodded, but Danni shook her head.

"They have no connection to this mess," she objected. Milo shrugged.

"They will now," he said. "You call your writer friend now. When you're done, I'm calling the Grants."

Danni sighed and gave in. She called John's home, but there was no answer. With a sigh of irritation she tried his cell phone...

((Open ended for you, Curt.))

jokemaster
03-07-2005, 09:59 PM
David finally realized who Danni was calling.
"Wait a sec, you're involving that creepy guy from work?"

Writer
03-07-2005, 10:17 PM
"If you know a better writer, go ahead and stop me," Danni challenged as she waited for John to answer. "Besides, he's really not that bad once you get to know him."

jokemaster
03-07-2005, 11:31 PM
"That's the problem, I don't know him well enough to trust him!"

Curt-Man
03-08-2005, 12:22 AM
John's cell started ringing, he didn't recognize the number but picked up anyway.
"hello, John Karloye here."

Writer
03-08-2005, 02:07 PM
"Well I do know him," Danni retorted as she listened to the phone ring. Finally, he picked up.

"John?" Danni said. "It's Danni Richardson. I'm curious... how well have you kept up with your writing since we graduated high school?"

Curt-Man
03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
"well not as well as i'd like lately becuase of the sudden pressure at work lately but i'm still pretty good, why?" John said as he thought how wierd a question this was.

Writer
03-09-2005, 12:40 PM
"Well, my brother is trying to put on a play," Danni said, avoiding the truth. "He asked for my help in writing something, but I told him I'd talk to you. He has an idea that mocks Gary's Synapse days, but he wants somebody to write it for him. Would you be interested?"

((I edited this because Danni isn't entirely sure who's working for Gary at the moment. She'll be very careful until she's sure she can trust John.))

Writer
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
((Bumping... Curt, waiting for your response... I edited my post, so be sure to read it first.))

jokemaster
03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
David leaned back watching her. Nodding as she lied, apparently, contrary to what she had said, she didn't fully trust this guy.

Curt-Man
03-14-2005, 05:52 PM
"oh alright, sounds cool, should we meet to talk more on what your brother wants in it?" John said getting more interested.

Writer
03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
"Yeah, that sounds good," Danni said, smiling as she spoke. Almost as quickly as the smile appeared, it was replaced with a frown. "One problem. He doesn't live anywhere near NURV and I'm closer to his house than the company..." she let her words trail off as she considered this...

((This might be the time to mention that, for some reason, you're in the same hotel as we are, Curt:) ))

Curt-Man
03-14-2005, 11:13 PM
"well actually i'm in the SeaBreeze hotel, i have a room here plus i saw you guys go in so i could just walk right over to you guys.....hmm that sounded really wierd" John said with a look of oddness on his face.

Writer
03-14-2005, 11:34 PM
"Uh," Danni faultered. "Well, why don't we meet somewhere else? There's a restaurant just down the street, if I remember right." She changed the subject quickly. "So what are you doing here?"

Curt-Man
03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
"yeah sure, um i have a house, but its far out of town so i usually just rent out hotel rooms, so when do we meet?"

Writer
03-15-2005, 01:51 PM
"You go now," Danni said. "We'll be there in a few minutes."

She hung up and called her brother. He agreed enthusiastically and said he'd wait for her call after they arranged to meet at the Grants house. Then, Milo called the Grants. Lizza answered.

"Hey Lizza," he said. "I'm on the run from NURV again and I've got a few others with me. Do you think we could hide out with you?"

"Mi casa es su casa," Lizza answered. "We'd love to have you here again."

"Thanks," Milo said. "We can make it there in a few hours, but we've got a meeting to attend first."

"Don't get yourselves killed," Lizza warned. Milo promised he wouldn't and Danni called her brother again.

"They'll welcome you in if you give them Milo's name," she said. "Mine will help the case too. Wait for us there. We're trying to get my writer friend with us too, so we'll be a few hours."

"I'll be waiting, Danni," Ryan said. "Don't get yourself killed."

Curt-Man
03-15-2005, 06:02 PM
John hung up and got on his jakcet and glasses, and then left for the restaurant. once outside he got into his car and drvoe to the Restaurant, he told the poeple there some more people would be coming soon, he got a table for four near the window.

Writer
03-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Danni and Milo prepared to go to the restaurant and Lisa stood slowly. Danni shook her head and motioned for Lisa to lay back down.

"You're still weak," she said. "You should get some rest."

"If everybody else is going, I'm not getting left behind," Lisa said stubbornly. Milo sighed.

"I'll stay with her," he said. "David, you go with Danni to meet John. Lisa and I will head straight to the Grants. Meet us there if you find that John's trustworthy."

Danni nodded.

jokemaster
03-17-2005, 03:43 PM
"All right, what if he isn't trustworthy?"

Writer
03-17-2005, 04:05 PM
"Run for your life," Milo said grimly.

((I'll be out of town until March 28... see you guys then.))

Writer
03-30-2005, 12:52 AM
((And bump...:D ))

Danielle entered the restaurant first, followed by David. Danni noticed John first and approached him with a smile on her face.

"It's good to see you again," she said, setting her crutches aside as she slid into the seat across from him.

Curt-Man
03-30-2005, 06:55 PM
"yes it is" John said as he stood up, being his nervous self, eh shook hands and sat back down switching his coat to the other side.
"so, what is the basic idea of the play?"

jokemaster
03-31-2005, 12:03 AM
"Subtle satire. More Shaun of the Dead than say, Airplane or Monty Python. Almost as if it were a serious play."

Curt-Man
03-31-2005, 05:38 PM
"challenging but fun to write, sure, i can do it, just give me what you want and in a couple of weeks at least i'll have something written, then you can just give me what you'd like to see and i can add in details."

Writer
03-31-2005, 08:26 PM
"Maybe try to work in something about stealing Gary's home computer," Danni suggested. She shrugged. "I know it didn't happen during the whole Synapse thing, but it's a play and doesn't have to be historically accurate, right?"

"Besides," she continued, a smile on her face, "most people don't even know what really happend, do they? They just know what the news showed... and it wasn't much."

Or I wouldn't have gone to work for Synapse, Danni added to herself.

Curt-Man
04-01-2005, 06:26 PM
"hah, y-yeah that t-true" he studdered as he made eye contact with her.
"alright, so should i expect more phone calls and meetings or do you just want me to write it all at once then give it to you and you can tell me what you'd like changed?"

jokemaster
04-01-2005, 11:48 PM
"We'll meet you and you can give us the whole thing." Said David before Dannielle could say anything.

Curt-Man
04-02-2005, 11:41 AM
"oh, okay, well then i'll be off, better get started on it."
John got up with his jacket in hand.

Writer
04-04-2005, 12:03 AM
"We'll call you in a couple of days," Danni promised John. Then, she got up and took up her crutches. "Looking forward to getting rid of these," she muttered, glaring at David for no reason.

Despite her broken leg, Danni insisted on driving, "because I know where the Grants live and you don't."

There was little to no conversation as they drove and, about an hour later, they turned into what seemed like a country road, but ended up being a driveway. At length, they came to a gate and Danni stopped the car.

"Play the game, say the name," a voice called out through a speaker embedded in the left gatepost. Danni shook her head and sighed.

"No game I play, no name I say," she answered.

"How on earth do you plan on getting in, then?" the voice called again. Danni laughed.

"I'll break your gate down if you don't let me in, Kelli!" she exclaimed. The girl now identified as Kelli laughed and the gate began to open.

"Welcome back, Danni," Kelli said before the gate was fully open. "The computer recognizes your voice. It's going crazy over your friend in the passenger seat, though."

"Tell it to buzz off," Danni retorted. Kelli laughed and the gate was opened entirely.

"It'll be good to see you again," Kelli said. Danni drove through the gate.

"Easy enough, right?" she said. "Just think of the nightmare it would be if a person tried to get in without being known!"

They were met at the door by Milo and Lisa. Milo hugged them both and Lisa seemed glad to see Danni. She leaned forward and whispered in Danni's ear.

"Are you sure this place is safe?" she asked. "The two girls who own this place seem slightly batty!"

"They're fine!" Danni said, laughing. "True, they may be a little odd, but they're better once you've known them a little while."

"David," Milo said. "I think it's time you met the newest members of our little group. They know everything that's been going on with NURV now."

Two young women descended a set of stairs nearby. The leading girl was clearly younger, being only about seventeen. The other was closer to twenty-one. Both had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hello, David," the first said. "I'm Kelli Grant."

"And I'm Elizabeth Grant," the second said. "But you'd best call me Lizza. It's odd enough to be remembered and not too hard to say."

"Welcome to our home," Kelli said.

jokemaster
04-04-2005, 12:18 AM
"Pleased to meet you both. "

Writer
04-04-2005, 09:48 PM
"Of course," Lizza said, turning away and seeming to loose interest in him as quickly as the interest had come. She walked into another room and her sister followed, motioning for the others to follow.

"You want to break into Gary's house and take his computer before he knows it's gone," Lizza said. A young man approached them and embraced Danni. Lizza continued as though nothing had happened. "And this is the man who will be going in."

Meanwhile, Danni and Ryan Richardson were having a little reunion, completely ignoring what was going on.

"Glad to see you got here safely," she told him. Ryan laughed quietly.

"You're the one who was in danger," he retorted. "I had it easy getting here, but the girls had fun with me before letting me in."

Danni's smile faded. "Fun?" Ryan hurried to reassure her that they had done him no harm and that the fun was all spoken. They suddenly realized that they'd been left behind and hurried to catch up to the group.

"David," she said, "this is my little brother, Ryan."

"She insists on calling me little," Ryan laughed. He was at least six inches taller than his sister. Danni jabbed at his arm with a playful fist.

"Ryan," she went on, "This is David Stern."

"The boyfriend you never brought home," Ryan joked, just to see his sister blush and look away. She muttered an apology under her breath and Ryan stuck out his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, David."

jokemaster
04-04-2005, 11:31 PM
"Nice to finallymeet you. AN dlearn of a reputation I didn't know about, now I'm only missing high-roller, and financial genius."

Writer
04-04-2005, 11:40 PM
"And how exactly does that translate into English?" Ryan asked with a laugh. Danni rolled her eyes and caught up with the rest of the group, leaving the two men alone for a moment. Ryan looked around as if making sure nobody could hear him.

"She likes you," he said in a hushed voice. "It's rare for her to write home without mentioning something you did or something you worked on together."

"Sharing dark secrets, are you?" Kelli said. She had come back to urge them to catch up with the rest of the group. "Forget about them for now. You're missing the tour!"

jokemaster
04-06-2005, 01:14 AM
"The feeling's mutual" Said David quietly to Ryan so no one heard. "But we computer nerds aren't known for our romantic achievements."

Writer
04-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Ryan chuckled and nodded. "I know. But you have to start somewhere."

Danni slowed her pace to walk with them.

"You're not paying attention," she accused. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, nothing," Ryan said carelessly. He sped up and paid attention to the tour they were getting. Danni stayed at David's side.

"What was that all about?" she asked.

jokemaster
04-08-2005, 12:31 AM
David shrugged "Guy stuff."

Writer
04-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Danni rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You boys," she retorted playfully. "Always have to have your secrets."

She laughed and rejoined the tour. It was almost over.

jokemaster
04-10-2005, 07:26 PM
"Well, at least now I won't have my ever-present fear of rejection stopping me. C'mon, let's keep up" He rejoined the tour also.

Writer
04-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Danni gave David a funny look as he rejoined the tour, muttering something about rejection. Then, her full attention went back to Lizza and Kelli.

By the time the tour was over, all who went on it were satisfied that this house was the place to be. The gate refused to allow anyone to enter unless their voice and face were recognized by the owners. The fence around the property shocked anyone not authorized to touch it.

Motion sensors surrounded the place thickly. Cameras were everywhere. Booby traps were unavoidable... unless you were welcome. If welcomed, none of the dangers of the Grant home would afflict you.

jokemaster
04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
"So do I have to ask someone for permission to go to the bathroom at night? I don't want to sit down on the toilet and have it blow up below me."

Writer
04-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Kelli and Lizza both laughed. Their laughter was contagious enough to send the rest of the group into laughter as well.

"Don't worry," Kelli said, still giggling. "While we've been touring the house, a little program created by Danni has been digging deep into your past. It is satisfied that you are not a threat."

"You've seen the whole house now," Lizza added. "You should be able to find your way to one of the restrooms... should the need strike you in the dark... let's just say you'll not have a hard time getting there then either."

jokemaster
04-14-2005, 10:42 PM
"Wait, ALL of my past?" He looked around, acting embarassed. "Even high school? Cause there's a couple things I'm kinda embarassed about...."

Writer
04-17-2005, 07:42 PM
"Don't worry," Danni laughed. "I've never been interested in invading privacy. My program simply searches through your past. If it finds anything it thinks may be suspicious, it brings that to the screen for a person to look at. Like if somebody had a 'how to' for bombs saved on their computer, my program would find it and bring it up."

"Needless to say," Lizza continued, "anything of that sort on your computer was quickly identified as a joke."

"You always were a joker, David," Milo laughed. "Bombs? What's this about, how to builid a bomb in your kitchen?"

"It's clearly a joke," Lizza repeated. "We did a computer simulation of the instructions. It won't work."

"I'm curious, though," Kelli said. "Did you write it or did somebody send it to you?"

jokemaster
04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
"Someone sent it to me, along with the zombie survival guide and turn your house into a casino in 4 easy steps."

Writer
04-18-2005, 09:16 PM
"The casino also aroused the suspicions of the program," Kelli said. "The zombie thing was obviously overlooked. We haven't seen it."

"It was probably pretty stupid anyway," Danni laughed. She then excused herself to make a phone call. When she was alone, she called John.

"How's the writing coming?" she asked.

Curt-Man
04-28-2005, 07:35 PM
"oh h-hey danni, they writing? its uh, its coming along, just started it uh, how are you?" John said nervously

Writer
04-29-2005, 02:34 AM
"Safe and sound," Danni answered. "Listen, if you finish writing this, your job at NURV may not be safe. You might want to come stay with us... we can make sure nothing happens to you."

She looked over at Lizza for assurance. Lizza nodded. Their goal was to get him feeling scared so he'd come to them. If he was really working for Gary, they'd know quickly. Danni's program was already searching the world for information. If he was working with Gary, they could keep an eye on him. If not, he'd make a wonderful addition to the team.

"We're in a very safe place and we'll come to get you if you feel it's necessary," Danni went on. "What do you think?"

Curt-Man
04-29-2005, 07:14 PM
"n-not safe? w-what do you mean? i don't want to be put in danger or anything like that" at hearing this John got very scared, he was never one to take life threatening things calmly.

Writer
04-30-2005, 09:55 PM
"Arrange a place to meet," Danni said. "Somewhere between there and Montana. We'll meet you and bring you here. Then, we'll tell you the whole story."

Curt-Man
05-02-2005, 08:42 PM
"u-u-umm h-how about (insert random building here)?" John said now very panicked, and a little excited, he was finally doing something that contradicts his character.

Writer
05-02-2005, 10:07 PM
"That's closer to us than to you," Danni said. "We'll meet you there. Don't look for us. We'll find you."

Curt-Man
05-03-2005, 05:03 PM
John hung up not knowing what to think, he was so scared and confused. he hated the thought, but he went over to his closet, opened it and took out a hunting knife there, he strapped it to his leg and pulled his pants over it. he felt very weird having a weapon on him, but he took all precautions, then got in his car and went to the meeting place.

Writer
05-05-2005, 02:15 AM
((If I understood Antitrust correctly, it takes place in California... that's a good drive from Montana and if my figuring is right, they're meeting somewhere in Idaho. That would probably be about a 6-8 hour drive, I think, if not more.))

Lizza, Milo, David, and Danni were the ones who would meet John. Kelli, Ryan, and Lisa stayed behind. They drove for about seven hours before making it to the town John had specified. There, they got a hotel room in the same hotel he said he'd use and waited.

((John won't know they're there, so he'll just call Danni's cell number to figure out a different place in the town to meet.))

Curt-Man
05-05-2005, 08:15 PM
John was sitting in his car outside the building. just waiting, he got out, walked around and stood for 10 minutes, then he called Danni's cell again.
"hey? Danni? i'm at the meeting stop, should i be in the open?"

Writer
05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
"No," Danni answered quickly. "Drive around a little and find a small restaurant. We'll look for you."

She hung up and turned to the rest of the group. Milo decided to voice a concern.

"How can we know if they're not already following him?" he said. Lizza laughed.

"That's why I'm here," she answered. "If anybody's being followed by anybody, I'll know it."

Milo had other objections, but as he and Lizza talked them out, Danni turned to David.

"What are you thinking about at the moment?" she asked, her voice a little softer so as not to disturb the other conversation taking place in the room.

Curt-Man
05-12-2005, 12:07 AM
"alrighty" John got back in his car, and drove around until he found a small restuarant, he went in and ordered a pepsi.

jokemaster
05-12-2005, 12:32 AM
David grinned "Well first I'm thinking about food, because I get hungry when I'm nervous and you just told him to find a small restaurant" His face grew more serious
"Then I'm thinking about wether or not I can trust this guy."
He stepped closer to her.
"Finally, I'm thinking about wether you'd like to have dinner with me tonight"

Writer
05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
"That's quite a pile of thoughts," Danni laughed. She looked as if she were about to give answers to all his thoughts... the look was right.

"First," she said, "you'll not get the chance to eat when we meet him. Second, we're all concerned with trusting him or not. That's why Lizza came with us."

She looked straight into his eyes. "Finally, I'd love to."

"Is he on his way?" Lizza asked. Danni jumped and looked at her. "To the restaurant, I mean."

"Oh!" Danni exclaimed. "Oh, yes, yes he is."

"Then we'd best get going," Milo said. They went out to the car and as they went, Danni squeezed David's hand with her own. Then, she slipped into the left back seat. Lizza got in the driver's seat and Milo got in the front passenger seat. That left only the seat next to Danni for David.

They drove to a nearby restaurant and Danni went in. John wasn't there, so she came back out and they went to a second one. Danni went in again and came back with the news that John was there... looking rather frightened.

"We're here to meet somebody," Milo said. "We've seen he's here."

They were allowed to enter and Danni led them straight to John.

"Hello, John," she said. She slid into the opposite side of the booth.

jokemaster
05-13-2005, 01:09 AM
David slid in next to Danni.
"Hey John."

Curt-Man
05-14-2005, 01:20 AM
"h-hello to both of you" John said as he started at Danni, then realized what he was doing and loked down at the menu.
"u-um s-so what's going on?"

Writer
05-16-2005, 03:10 AM
"The Synapse disaster isn't too far in the past," Danni said. "You remember it, don't you, John?"

Writer
05-16-2005, 03:14 AM
"The Synapse disaster isn't too far in the past," Danni said. "You remember it, don't you, John?"

Writer
05-16-2005, 03:14 AM

Curt-Man
05-16-2005, 05:07 PM
"The Synapse? y-yes the Snypase i remember it why?"

Writer
05-17-2005, 01:01 PM
"Gary's stealing information from programmers again," Danni answered. "When the information is stolen, he has them killed off, just like he did when NURV was working on Synapse."

"If you'll remember," Milo continued, "I was the one who exposed him for Synapse. Because of this, I was one of his first targets, but he failed to catch me. His next targets were David and Danni, but thanks to their speed they escaped with nothing worse than a bullet through Danni's leg."

"Another complication has arisen," Danni went on. "You remember Lisa Callaghan, right? She pretended to be working with Milo, but betrayed him when it really counted. She's back, but Gary tried to kill her too."

"This is where I come in," Lizza cut in. She extended a hand in John's direction. "I'm Elizabeth Grant, but call me Lizza. My sister and I have developed a top of the line security system for our own home. Nobody gets in without our permission. Since you're working with us by writing the story we'll use to get Gary's computer, we're inviting you to join us."

"What do you think?" Danni said. She glanced at David, trying to read anything of his emotions from his face.

jokemaster
05-17-2005, 08:24 PM
David's face was expressionless, but his eyes kept shifting suspiciously from John's face, to measure his reaction, to the street, to check for anyone suspicious.

Curt-Man
05-17-2005, 08:28 PM
John was scared, overwhelmed and excited as he shook Lizza's hand
"u-um sure, yeah i'll join you" John studdered.

Writer
05-19-2005, 09:48 PM
"Good," Lizza said, appearing to relax. Then, before anybody really realized what had happened, Lizza was on her feet and moving for the door. Danni threw a puzzled glance in David's direction and looked at Milo.

"I guess we're leaving," Milo said quietly. He got up and ran after Lizza. Danni pushed lightly on David's arm to get him to move and then got up and ran after the other two.

"We're renting a car from here," Lizza said. "I'm paying cash... don't need identities thrown around here."

She got in the driver's seat of the car they'd brought again and Milo got in the passenger seat. Danni leaned over to David and whispered in his ear.

"I think we'll have to postpone that dinner," she said. "Our friends seem rather intent on moving quickly."

Curt-Man
05-19-2005, 11:42 PM
John got up and followed them to the car. He looked around caustiously, even thought he didn't know who he was looking for.

jokemaster
05-20-2005, 12:18 AM
"I'll think of something. Even if it ends up being a burger at the drive thru at macdonalds.."

Writer
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
"Anywhere but McDonald's and you've got my participation," Danni whispered back.

Everybody got in the car and drove to a rental car place. When they got there, Lizza and Milo went in alone. They came out a few minutes later and motioned for everybody to follow them. They led the group to an older mini-van. This time, Milo got in the driver's seat.

And so it was that they began the long trip back to the Grant home. None of them noticed that they were being followed.

jokemaster
05-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Arriving at the house, David started wondering. What restaurants could he find nearby. They have ot have a phone book somewhere in that house.

Writer
08-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Danni went to check on her brother and Milo went to see how Lisa was doing. Lizza found Kelli and she went to greet John.

"Welcome to our home," she said. "There's a desk in there... I hear you're the writer. Plenty of paper for you, too."

"And a gun in the bottom drawer... just in case anybody gets through our system," Lizza said from the door. "It's not likely, but we do like to be safe."

jokemaster
08-28-2005, 06:11 PM
David kept exploring, finally stumbling onto the kitchen. He looked around at what was available.

Writer
08-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Ryan and Danni were in the kitchen. Danni was on a laptop and Ryan was rummaging in the refrigerator. As David walked into the kitchen, Danni was saying, "Come on, Ryan! Don't you think about anything but your stomach?"

"Sure I do!" Ryan protested. "Who made you that case for your computer?"

"Oh, you mean that boxy one that you 'accidentally' glued to my desk?" Danni laughed. They both turned as David entered the kitchen.

"Hi, David," Danni said.

"Hey, Dave!" came Ryan's somewhat less quiet echo.

Curt-Man
08-28-2005, 07:18 PM
((was it jsut me or did we do a little time warp there?))

"oh th-thank you very much" John studdered. He went into the room where the desk was and he sat down and started to right down the first part that he already wrote at his house.

jokemaster
08-28-2005, 07:22 PM
((Backwards, you mean? Well we lost all the posts, remember?))
"Hey. Looks like I'm not the only one who's hungry."

Writer
08-28-2005, 07:32 PM
"Oh, great," Danni muttered. "Now I have two fridge hogs to worry about..." She laughed. At that moment, a quiet siren began to sound all throughout the house. Lizza and Kelli immediately bolted to the front windows.

"Should be a great show, right?" Kelli said. Lizza shrugged.

"If we have everything placed right, it certainly shout," she answered. Three black SUVs broke through the gate and sped toward the house. One seemed to be practically swallowed up in the ground. The second was too late to avoid a wall that broke out of the ground just in front of it. The sisters watched the third SUV and Lizza swore silently when it reached the house.

"I'm not liking this," Kelli said. She reached under the couch she was kneeling on and brought out a shotgun.

In the room where John was writing, the desk drawer with the gun in it shot open of its own accord and an arrow began to point to the gun, almost as if the house wanted John to take the gun. In the kitchen, Danni's laughter was silenced by the alarm and she glanced at the two men in the kitchen.

"What's going on?" she asked quietly

jokemaster
08-28-2005, 07:43 PM
"How am I supposed to know, I've been in here with you two." David said, but he moved toward a window.
"All right, there's at least three SUVs outside, two seem out of comission but one's pretty close."

Writer
08-28-2005, 09:49 PM
The third SUV skidded to a halt near the house and several men jumped out. One ran under a tree and his foot was caught in a noose that pulled him off his feet and left him hanging upside down from the tree. Another was attacked by what originally seemed to be a bush, but was really some kind of security robot. The man hanging from the tree started screaming wildly and shooting his gun in random directions. One of the bullets crashed through the window that Lizza and Kelli were watching from and the sisters dove in opposite directions.

"I thought that was bulletproof!" Kelli screamed.

"That makes two of us," Lizza yelled back, diving for the couch and retrieving a sniper rifle from underneath it. Using the couch as cover, she sniped the gun out of the hanging man's hands and disabled another. The one she disabled fell, triggering another part of the security system and he was swallowed into the ground, just as the first SUV had been.

Two men bashed out the window in the kitchen and started climbing through. Two more rushed the front door and knocked out the windows to either side. Kelli shot one, with the shotgun, but the other fired wildly and she was shot twice in the chest and dropped. Lizza screamed in rage and shot to kill at the man who had just shot her sister.

Meanwhile, another small group smashed the window of the room that John was in...

jokemaster
08-29-2005, 12:21 AM
David punched the guy climbing out the window nearest him, grabbed the man's gun, pushed him back out, and shot the other man.
"Get his gun"

Curt-Man
08-29-2005, 08:40 PM
As soon as the drawer shot out, John knew something was wrong. His next clue to that was a group of people smashing through the window. John took the gun and shot one of them and ducked down behind the desk. the two shot at the desk. He took the knife from where he had put it. He held it firmly then ducked out the side of the desk and threw it at one of the guys killing him. the last guy was too quick and shot jon once in the arm and once in the shoulder.

Writer
08-30-2005, 12:10 AM
In the kitchen, Ryan grabbed the other gun and shoved his sister down behind the counter. "Stay," he ordered. Another man attempted to crawl through the window and Ryan brought the gun down hard on his head before shooting him in the chest.

Toward the front of the house, Lizza had discarded the sniper rifle and was using her sister's shotgun. Three more men came through the front and each was knocked back by a single shotgun blast. One more man made it through the front and bashed his gun against Lizza's forehead. She dropped to the ground, unconscious.

Milo heard the noise and came downstairs with a knife in hand. When he saw a man leveling a gun at him, he didn't think twice. The knife left his hand immediately and embedded itself in the other man. Milo turned and bolted back upstairs to keep an eye on Lisa.

Two more men broke in through the back windows. Danni saw them coming and could only mutter, "Oh, dear God..." Ryan whirled at the sound of her voice and froze at seeing the two new guys.

Then, a peculiar thing happened. They had almost reached Danni... in fact, one was reaching out to grab her when the roof over their heads opened and the floor launched them upward. From the sounds she heard, Danni could only assume they had hit the roof and tumbled off.

One more man came through the window where John was... and the wall seemed to close up on his head, holding him where he could not do anything... the rest of the house was silent.

jokemaster
08-30-2005, 01:22 PM
David kept a close eye on Danni and stayed in the kitchen ready to shoot anyone else that might try to grab her.

Curt-Man
08-30-2005, 01:40 PM
The man that had shot John walked cockily towards him, he leaned over him and pointed his gun at John's head. John quickly punched the guys kneecap and he fell ontop of John, he pushed him off, grabbed his gun and shot him in the face. John got up, his arm and shoulder were in so much pain. Blood spattered and bleeding John walked out of the room to go find the others.

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:51 PM
In the front of the house, Lizza was just recovering from the knock to her head. She rolled over and moaned. Then, she remembered Kelli. Despite her pain, she hurried over to her sister.

"You'll be ok," she whispered. Kelli rolled her eyes, but the eye roll ended in a grimace.

"I know that," she grunted. "I'm shot. I'm not dead."

"Nothing vital hit then?" Lizza asked. Kelli shook her head.

"But it hurts like hell... so if... we could.... get a doctor in... here, I'd like that," she answered. Lizza smiled and ran for the phone. As she passed the kitchen, she slowed slightly.

"Everything ok here?" she asked. Ryan nodded and Lizza kept moving.

When John came out of the room, he found Kelli lying on her back, just as Lizza had left her and he could see Lizza hurrying away. ((Just to give you a little something more to do, I suppose, Curt :) ))

jokemaster
08-30-2005, 02:27 PM
"Something tells me we're moving again." Said David to Danni

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:44 PM
"I doubt it," Danni answered. "The Grant sisters just need to do a little work on their security system. It seemed to work pretty good... for the most part. Two of the three SUVs were taken care of and they had their guns ready to deal with the men that made it inside."

She chuckled. "This place is practically a fort!"

Curt-Man
08-31-2005, 12:47 PM
John crouched down beside Kelli.
"Are you ok?" He asked.

Writer
08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Kelli groaned and opened her eyes. "I'd be better... if I... don't talk... at least... for now...."

Lizza came back with the phone to her ear. "She's been shot twice in the chest," she snapped at John. "Do you think she's ok?" The person on the other end picked up and Lizza turned away.

"Hello!" she said. "Kevin, it's Lizza Grant... yeah, save it, Kelli needs your doctoring skills as quickly as you can get here... she's been shot twice, damnit!" Another pause. "Just hurry, please... thanks, Kev." She hung up the phone and stared at her sister for a moment before throwing the phone at the couch. Tears were in her eyes and she moved to go up the stairs.

jokemaster
08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
David approached Lizza silently.
"She's going to make it."

Writer
08-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Lizza didn't respond at first. When she did, she drew close and nearly growled in David's ear. "Do you have younger siblings, David?"

jokemaster
08-31-2005, 09:59 PM
David's eyes suddenly turned cold, and his voice extremely soft, Danni would know that Lizza had just barked up the wrong tree.
"What's that? Do you think that I, that no one could possible could've ever gone through the same thing? Guess what. I did have a younger sibling. A brother. You want to know what happened to him? We were on a road trip. We decided to make one final pit stop. He didn't want to, but I insisted. We got off, and walked in right in the middle of a robbery. He walked in first, spooked one of the robbers.

The robber shot him in the chest. With a shotgun at close range. And I cannot describe the damage that it did. Let me try anyway. When he fell to the ground, his guts started pouring out. I could identify some of the parts, his intestines, his stomach, even his appendix. His ribcage was shattered, I found some pieces on the ground next to him. And he was still alive. And still concious. The robbers ran, they never caught them. The owner called for an ambulance we all knew would never get here in time. We gave him every painkiller we could find in the store, but they didn't help.

He died, crying out for his mom, 500 miles from home because I had a case of the munchies.

So what was it you were telling me? I believe something about wether I had a sibling?"

Writer
08-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Lizza's tears flowed freely. "You want to protect them..." she muttered. "After all, they're younger than you... they should learn from you... let you be in their situation... and they're the ones that end up getting shot..."

She ran up the stairs and slammed her bedroom door. Danni came to David.

"What happened?"

jokemaster
08-31-2005, 10:17 PM
"Nothing....she's upset about her sister."

Writer
09-01-2005, 01:24 AM
"What happend to..." Danni began. Then, she saw Kelli. "Oh. No wonder she's upset... did she call for a doctor?"

jokemaster
09-01-2005, 09:40 AM
"yeah, she did"

Writer
09-01-2005, 11:22 AM
"Good," Danni said. She hurried over to Kelli.

"You don't have to talk to me, Kelli," she said when Kelli seemed to be trying to say something. "I know how much it hurts to be shot. Just hang in there, your sister called a doctor."

"I know," Kelli gasped. There was a knock on the door and Danni went to answer it. The doctor came in without a word and glanced at David and John.

"Gentlemen," he said finally. "I need your help. I want to move her to a bed as gently as possible. You." He pointed to David. "You take her head, and you," pointing to John. "You take her feet."

Curt-Man
09-01-2005, 12:05 PM
"Well I kinda only have use of one arm" John said pointing to the bleeding bullet wounds in his arm "but I'll try." John tried to pick up her feet with both arms, but screamed in pain then fainted from loss of blood.

Writer
09-01-2005, 07:48 PM
The doctor swore. "Lizza didn't say that more than one of you had been shot." He glanced around. "Any of you familiar with first aid?" Danni nodded. The doctor sighed. "Ok, first help me get Kelli to a bed and then come back to... whoever this guy is. Take the bullets out and try to stop the bleeding."

Danni nodded again. She, David, and Dr. Kevin Styles lifted Kelli gently. She moaned at the movement, but managed to hold in any other noise. They placed her on a bed and Danni ran back to John.

"Oh, damn," she muttered. She ran to the bathroom and got a pair of tweezers. With the tweezers, she took out the bullets and dropped them on the floor. Then, she ripped his shirt and bound the arm tightly. It could stay that way until the doctor could reach him.

jokemaster
09-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Once they got Kelli on the bed the doctor asked David to leave so he joined Danni.
Frustrated by everything he admitted "Lizza asked me if I had a sibling...."

Curt-Man
09-01-2005, 10:53 PM
John woke up and found his arm being tied by Danni.
"An angel? I didn't think I...was....dead..." John's words trailed off as he fainted again.