PDA

View Full Version : Sniping- cowardly way of fighting or not?

Lightsaberboy
06-23-2003, 08:23 PM
What are your thoughts on sniping? All too often people complain about me sniping, saying that "you're a coward" and other junk like that. i tend to disregard anything they say since most of them are whiners, but what are your thoughts on sniping?

Sam Fisher
06-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Cowardly? I don't think so, it just depends on how good you are at getting rid of the snipers, and if you are bad at it, then you think the other person is a coward because they don't fight head-to-head.

Guardian Omega
06-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Stationary sniping takes some skill, Air shots and such while moving takes a lot of skill. However, since I practically moved onto Enemy Territory, I just love taking out snipers with a panzer! Nothing like shooting a rocket and making em go boom!:D

In other words, yeah, I accept sniping.

Sam Fisher
06-24-2003, 12:38 AM
It was funny when I wass playing Halo with my cousin once and I was sniping the s*it out of him :D And then he got mad at me for me beating him at his own game!

Solbe M'ko
06-24-2003, 02:25 AM
It depends on the game type. If you're playing a no force CTF, then sniping is most certainly acceptable, nay, neccessary. If you're playing a full force FFA on a map like garrison, then no, sniping isn't very cool, but it isn't "cheating", nor is it "lame". I play a lot of DoD, a game where snipers practically dominate, and I use assault rifles, and make plenty of kills, too! Snipers can be beaten, so I don't see why anyone would think that they are cowards or lamers.

Semicolon
06-24-2003, 03:47 AM
Sniping isn't as easy as most people think...It does require some skill... And it can be used effectivly if you know how...

So I really don't think it's a cheap or cowardish act.

lllKyNeSlll
06-24-2003, 10:48 AM
If you hold to honor policies you can never even become a semi decent player. However, most good sniper's don't use it long range actually, unless its WF for ctf. They usually use it closer to mid range they jump then zoom in and tap fire. You still do decent damage without holding it down.

The inevitable
06-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Yes!!! I accecpt sniping with all jk2 players.

I use the rifle mostly un scoped, while I only use the hidn' snipe way in Nar Shadda Streets.

What Map do you snipe the most on??:confused:

Sam Fisher
06-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Usually in Warring Factions, and Yavin Temple.( a lot!)

The inevitable
06-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Cool. I do that too with bots at Massasi tempel, like ontop of those tower things at the center.

Sweet....

Semicolon
06-24-2003, 12:53 PM
I snipe over at Bespin ;)

Sam Fisher
06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
On Yavin Temple, I snipe from beside my sign (red or blue) facing the other side and I keep F-Seeing on so I can know when they are coming and snipe them before they knew what hit them :D

Tosh_UK
06-24-2003, 01:13 PM
I find with most moves/weapons when you use one method more than others you get labled rocket hore or you can only do one move. the thing is if you good at some thing your going to stick with it. i say let them be if it works for them let them play how they wana play. If they was teamkilling maybe you would have some thing to cry about!

Jeff 42
06-24-2003, 03:40 PM
I just laugh at people who complain about me sniping. Once I got 70 kills in a 20 minute FFA on ffa_yavin using only the disruptor rifle and Bryar pistol. That was fun. :D

Semicolon
06-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Jeff 42
I just laugh at people who complain about me sniping. Once I got 70 kills in a 20 minute FFA on ffa_yavin using only the disruptor rifle and Bryar pistol. That was fun. :D

Hehe I've done that also...Good fun :D

The Cheat
06-24-2003, 03:58 PM
i respect snipers, i dont have the paitence required however to just sit there and wait for some stupid fool to come into sight to pick off, i have to keep moving or i just get bored

Sam Fisher
06-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Its funny when you sneak up on a sniper and paste his ass and then he gets really pissed:D

Jeff 42
06-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah. Stationary sniping is pretty noobish, though. :)

Semicolon
06-24-2003, 05:32 PM
It's still effective though ;)

BawBag™
06-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Sniping should be used if you're any good at it. Besides, if theres a stationary sniper picking people off you should be able to read them and take them out. (with practice!) But i'm more of a saberist.

Thrackan Solo
06-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Snipings awesome! It just makes people mad so they make up excuses about not being cowardly and stuff:rolleyes:

Sam Fisher
06-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Ok, we have established that sniping is fun, awsome, it makes some people cowardly, its harder when you are moving, and if you kill a sniper, they get annoyed. Is that enough?

Semicolon
06-25-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by SamFisher
Ok, we have established that sniping is fun, awsome, it makes some people cowardly, its harder when you are moving, and if you kill a sniper, they get annoyed. Is that enough?

No! It's never enough...We have to go beyond sniping! ;)

Mr.Joshua
06-25-2003, 03:26 AM
CTF: it's fine and is to be expected

FFA: grab your sack and get into the fray, I find it extremely annoying to be in the middle of a donnybrooke with a couple players only to get sniped from the other side of the map.

Reclaimer
06-25-2003, 10:08 AM
Who are they to tell you your a coward because of sniping? There the cowards!!!!!:atat: :duel: :slsaber: :lightning :fire2:

lllKyNeSlll
06-25-2003, 10:42 AM
sniping in ctf is almost useless unless your playing 2v2

griff38
06-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Click on the stats link in my sig to see my answer.

Any snipe is good but one of my favs is sniping someone at point blank range as they attempt a dfa on me.

It still suprises me how many descent players still don't realize that even with sabredefend set to X3 that I can snipe right through it While the Sabre is swinging.

The inevitable
06-25-2003, 10:55 AM
To Griff:

Nice weird Al signiture!! He is so cool!!

Any ways, I like to wait at right angle corners with a full powered shot, force seeing on, and wait for them to come right out into my sights!!!

Emon
06-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Snipers are easy to take out, too. You're zoomed in most of the time, so you have a limited field of vision. In FFA_Massassi for example, you're also probably hiding in a bush, limited your field of vision even more. I see idiots all the time that run up to me, and I can here them fifty feet away. If you crouch while approaching, then do something like a strong saber swing, the sniper won't know what happened.

The Cheat
06-26-2003, 10:52 PM
good idea emon, i will have to try that next time i have a lan party

Jeff 42
06-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Emon
Snipers are easy to take out, too. You're zoomed in most of the time, so you have a limited field of vision. In FFA_Massassi for example, you're also probably hiding in a bush, limited your field of vision even more. I see idiots all the time that run up to me, and I can here them fifty feet away. If you crouch while approaching, then do something like a strong saber swing, the sniper won't know what happened.
By "snipers" I think you mean "noobish wannabe snipers." :p I'm rarely zoomed in for longer than a few seconds at a time, and I don't hide in bushes, I'm constantly moving around the map. When I spot a target I'll stop, zoom in, charge up, fire, then zoom out and move again. The disruptor is deadly both at close range and from hundreds of meters away, and anywhere in between. :D

Sam Fisher
06-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Yep, I usually move around a lot when I'm being a sniper, most of the time it pays off, but only if you are effictive at it.

Rokk
06-27-2003, 04:24 AM
Only snipers think sniping is "cool". It is by far the least skilled way to kill someone (save using red only lightsaber skill). I for one require a challenge... and sniping surely is not one. If you can move a mouse you can snipe like a pro. I always find it funny when the sniper rifles (and rockets) are left out of a server... makers for a very fun and challenging time if you have other SKILLED players online.

Suck saber snipewhores lol

Rokk

Jeff 42
06-27-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Rokk
Only snipers think sniping is "cool". It is by far the least skilled way to kill someone (save using red only lightsaber skill). I for one require a challenge... and sniping surely is not one. If you can move a mouse you can snipe like a pro. I always find it funny when the sniper rifles (and rockets) are left out of a server... makers for a very fun and challenging time if you have other SKILLED players online.

Suck saber snipewhores lol

Rokk
rofl

yolkboy
06-27-2003, 08:12 AM
Actually I find Sniping very effective in CTF. Especially on Warring Factions. Snipers Heaven :D It really is effective for me at least when I'm on Warring and I'm out numbered. Lets say 4 v 1 like a few nights ago. For times when I can't catch up... I'm happy to say that I did win those games though. Darn, should have recorded them. Oh well. Also on bespin exhaust shafts, those long corridors. But yeah, people have gotten so mad at me for sniping them in CTF. Aw it was great! Of course there is the other side of defeating snipers which I don't find hard. Take today, an opponent usually sniped in a certain spot. All I had to do was saber, kick, throw, rocket.... well the list goes on. It "seemed" that I was just attacking him. Which wasn't the case at all but he made it seem that way. Man did he get mad. "Stop Whoring" "Leave Me Alone" "OM*G WT*" Good Times! :cool:

Luc Solar
06-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Rokk

Oh man! This is the most amusing post I've read in a long time. :D

Guardian Omega
07-01-2003, 10:22 PM
To Rokk: You are kidding right? Because you sound like the sterotypical sniper complainer!

The snipers (good) are excellent at what we do. If you say sniping takes little skill, what are you sniping, stationary targets?? By saying it takes the least skill, you're saying you can do those things in Nutritious's and Jeff's vids easily? I'd like to see you try.:p

Tosh_UK
07-02-2003, 08:38 AM
CTF and when i am running the Flag and you see all them Snipers sitting on the ledge ping ping ping and you see the little laser beam fly past you as your strif jumping down the platform... had up to 4 or 5 Snipers trying it once... but all it takes is one Good sniper and it can stop as lot of Caps Loki is a pain in the arse when sniping. (shame he lames with Rockets :mad: )

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Indeed...One good shot can save the game :)