PDA

View Full Version : I'm Leaving...

Darth Groovy
07-02-2003, 06:05 AM
No I am not really leaving, but am I the only one that finds these "I'm Leaving" threads to be annoying? I have been an LF member for a year as of the day before yesterday, and I see about one of these a week. The irony is, is that about 25% of the poeple who post these actually leave. I feel it is an attention seeking device, but I could be wrong. I can understand people saying they are goin on vacation, or loosing they're internet connection, but what steams me, is the ones that say they are leaving because they are; 1. pissed off, 2. bored with the swamp, 3. upset about a mod decision, 4. mad about some posts.

I personally feel these type of threads generate a bad image for the forums, and whish they would go away. I mean, if you hate this place, just leave.... why post a thread about it? If not for seeking attention?

As a mod, I cannot do anything about these types of threads, but it is an issue with me, and I wish it would stop.

Lunatic Jedi
07-02-2003, 06:24 AM
NO DON'T LEAVE GROOVY!

Huh? Oh, it was a joke! Ah ha ha ha ha!

Funny.

:animelol:

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 06:30 AM
Heh Grooves, I know what you mean...But still if they annoucne that they are leaving it's better then just leaving without telling anyone isn't it?

Lord Siraious
07-02-2003, 06:37 AM
Well I'm leaving, the reason: *in a pretend crying voice* I just cant stand yous anymore. j/k :D Yeah Groovy I know what you mean. If you are going to post a new thread with that sort of title please do go..... yeah there are negative things in here but hey it happens.

HertogJan
07-02-2003, 07:47 AM
Yup the threads can be quite annoying... But I dunno what to think of it, it's pretty harsh to flame people for that when they actually are leaving...

Oh well... I'm not leaving, post all the leaving threads you want m8s!! Maybe we should have a leaving thread weekend or something :)

leXX
07-02-2003, 07:50 AM
I don't see anything wrong with them if the person is actually leaving for good. Sometimes people just need to rant before they go, plus, it gives everyone a chance to say goodbye to an old friend.

The only problem I have with these type of threads is when people don't really intend on leaving in the first place.

Darth Groovy
07-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by leXX
I don't see anything wrong with them if the person is actually leaving for good. Sometimes people just need to rant before they go, plus, it gives everyone a chance to say goodbye to an old friend.

The only problem I have with these type of threads is when people don't really intend on leaving in the first place.

Exactly, they always come back in about a week.

Lunatic Jedi
07-02-2003, 08:07 AM
Always?

What about when the... and... never mind. Yeah, they always come back.

But if by chance someone actually never came back, (not friggin' likely) at least they'd get a chance to say farewell to all their friends here.

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi
Always?

What about when the... and... never mind. Yeah, they always come back.

But if by chance someone actually never came back, (not friggin' likely) at least they'd get a chance to say farewell to all their friends here.

Exactly. Good point.

HertogJan
07-02-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Semicolon
Exactly. Good point.

Yes indeed.. Wait I have an idea, what if everyone who posts an "I'm leaving" thread who's actually going to leave, says "I really mean it! Seriously!!" ??!!

Oh... wait...

STTCT
07-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Well I posted an I'm leaving thread yesterday. Is that what your talking about Groovy. I since deleted it as I found myself caught up in a childish aguement.

I am considering leaving because of certain forum members attitudes. The system being abused by people who have been with the forum long enough to know better. If it had been anybody who was new, they would have been banned or warned immediately and I see non of that happening. When other forum members are running around calling people f*cking imbeciles and making fun of the everyone behind forumers backs blatently and get away with it, I loose my patients with LF.

Sure you could take away the credit system. Gee...that's what they want isn't it? Take away the system that you know hundreds of forumers love because of a handful of childish forumers who should know better by now.

But you know...Just because I've been a member for like 2 years now, and have decently respected pretty much everyone in the community - I deserve to be mis-treated because I question other forumer's actions and attitudes. I'm sorry if I am causing a "forum war" but the war was already waged when people started talking about the FTF and making fun of glow names and the store and then making mockery of it and then going around and calling everyone idiots.

I used to hate goodbye threads to. I guess I just felt wronged in the worst way. I don't like it when people are made fun of and I am just appalled.

Lunatic Jedi
07-02-2003, 09:20 AM
DAMNIT! NOW STTCT MIGHT LEAVE! NOOOO!!! >_<

*Shakes an angry fist*

SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?! HOW MANY MORE LIVES, YOU BLASTED SCAMMERS?! HOW MANY MORE LIVES?!

:fist: :fist: :fist:

Need... calm... down...

:(

El Sitherino
07-02-2003, 09:37 AM
i hate people period. (with a few exceptions):)

Redwing
07-02-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by STTCT
Well I posted an I'm leaving thread yesterday. Is that what your talking about Groovy. I since deleted it as I found myself caught up in a childish aguement.

I noticed you deleted it. Does this mean you might stay? ^^

STTCT
07-02-2003, 10:11 AM
If things are taken care of, then I would definately stay.

Lunatic Jedi
07-02-2003, 10:26 AM
*Latches onto STTCT*

DON'T GO! DON'T GO! >_<

Reclaimer
07-02-2003, 10:37 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONES LEAVING!!!!!!*CRIES FOREVER UNTILL THEY COME BACK*

Sam Fisher
07-02-2003, 11:20 AM
What is up with this... eveybody's leaving... we will be taken over by the n00bies! I will stand, never to leave....

TheHobGoblin
07-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Yes I find these "I'm leaving, I'm going away, I can't take it anymore." Threads annoying. I hope we don't lose too many people.

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONES LEAVING!!!!!!*CRIES FOREVER UNTILL THEY COME BACK*

Crying isn't going to solve anything...

You've got to get out there and kill people ;)

Bob Gnarly
07-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I'm Leaving...

Me too because:

1. pissed off
2. bored with the swamp
3. upset about a mod decision
4. mad about some posts.

hope you understand :D

very true though it does get annoying

Sam Fisher
07-02-2003, 12:48 PM
*Eyes BM's points hungrily...*

ZBomber
07-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
*Eyes BM's points hungrily...*

:mad:
Stop frickin asking for people's points!

Anyways, its understandabl, I guess. I thought I was gonna leave, and posted a thread so no one would be like "Where did Z go?". I really did intend on leaving, but its hard to leave. Trust me on this. ;)

BTW, I made a thread like this a few daysa ago in RSN,Saying I'm leaving for the subject, then the message was about collecting. :p

Thrackan Solo
07-02-2003, 02:54 PM
I tell you its the Swamp Crack!Its Evil! Its of the Devil! Rhett mines it below Lucas Concoles..thats why no one goes there:rolleyes: DONT USE SWAMP CRACK!

Swamp Crack for sale in main lobby

Matt-Liell
07-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Dammit groovy you scared me!:eek:

Well I feel that they should stop aswell, if you want to say good by to friends do a mass PM to them.

Jah Warrior
07-02-2003, 03:12 PM
i'm leaving threads = cry for attention.:rolleyes:

so yeah i find them stupid too groovy.

The thing is if you really wanna leave then do you burn your bridges?

After Christmas I really needed a break form all this online madness to get my head straight, I considered making a leaving thread, but in my heart of hearts i knew i'd be back, so i left the door open. I hedged my bets for want of a better word.

I suspect that these dudes with the leaving threads come back more after they allegedly leave, just to see if they are missed. On a lighter note when i came back I checked the favourite swampy thread that was floating around, i wondered if anyone remembered me and more to the point i wondered if i was missed (this i confess) I forget who (maybe z-bomber) but someone mentioned me and frankly i doubt i would have posted again unless i had seen that, I glad i looked, I know I've been missing this place terribly, much more so now that i can look back at what a good laugh we have had here.

Personally i would fell like a right dick if i said I'm never coming back then came crawling back on my hands and knees. At least the way i handled it I could could come back head held high!

Having said that its in my nature to just drop everything at the drop of a hat when things aint going to plan, but it does allow a certain freedom.

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Thrackan....Can I buy more Swamp crack??

ET Warrior
07-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
After Christmas I really needed a break form all this online madness to get my head straight, I considered making a leaving thread, but in my heart of hearts i knew i'd be back, so i left the door open. I hedged my bets for want of a better word.

I suspect that these dudes with the leaving threads come back more after they allegedly leave, just to see if they are missed. On a lighter note when i came back I checked the favourite swampy thread that was floating around, i wondered if anyone remembered me and more to the point i wondered if i was missed (this i confess) I forget who (maybe z-bomber) but someone mentioned me and frankly i doubt i would have posted again unless i had seen that, I glad i looked, I know I've been missing this place terribly, much more so now that i can look back at what a good laugh we have had here.

I noticed your absence in the Senate Chambers mostly.......

I tire of the I'm leaving threads, but I think if it's a member who we all know and who will actually be gone with a real reason that will last longer than one week then they're alright.......but everyone has already said that.......so my point doesn't mean anything......so I might as well not be here....

I'M LEAVING HERE AND I'M NEVER COMIN BACK EVER!!!!!:p

KBell
07-02-2003, 03:51 PM
I think "Im leaving" Threads are sometimes used to give that person some satisfaction in seeing others around him mourn his exit. Sometimes....

Agen
07-02-2003, 04:20 PM
I think "Im leaving" Threads are sometimes used to give that person some satisfaction in seeing others around him mourn his exit. Sometimes....
He hit the nail on the head.
I'm with Groovy on this, i hate 'em.
Oh and Jah.. I missed yah :D Though I 'rarely' post in the senate chambers i noticed your absence :(

XERXES
07-02-2003, 04:24 PM
I agree groovy, I cant stand the im leaving threads they are just plain annoying.

Tips for anybody who is thinking about leaving soon, dont make a thread...just leave without a trace, if you are so fed up with the swamp then why should you feel compelled to make a thread about your going away. Just shut up, log out and never come back.:D

KBell
07-02-2003, 04:31 PM
No, i dont think they should "Just shut up, log out and never come back", i think they should PM anyone that would actually care that they are leaving, so as not to bother the rest of us happy with how things are run here.

ckcsaber
07-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Meh, if someone wants to let it be known that they want to leave, fine. Users don't have to make threads just to please others.

XERXES
07-02-2003, 04:36 PM
lol thad be funny if I got a PM. Hey XERXES had a good time here on LF with you and others but I cant take it anymore so im leavin peace. me: sweet one less crazed matrix fan!

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm never gonna leave...

I'm addtiiced to Sawmp Crack, thank you very much.

Sam Fisher
07-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I got Semi hooked ;)

Captain Wilson
07-02-2003, 05:34 PM
has anyone noticed how im leaving threads are posted by noobs. I awaitn the day when i am no longer a noob you see but look at the threads all by people who have been here a few months with the ittalic glowing names and sigs and midi song. Just you see

coupes.
07-02-2003, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure about that, maybe you consider people like Lost Welshman, Acrylic, Reborn Outcast, and such... as noobs

Anyways, the problem doesn't lie in the fact that people post this kind of thread, it lies in the fact that it's not true and fills the forum with a nonsense thread since the person still posts. So, I don't have a problem if a person leaves for good and wants to post about it, or if they say they'll be gone for a year because they participated in a student exchange program... as long as it stays true. Still even if it'd be true that you couldn't post for 2-3 days because you're going camping, dont post about it, it's useless, if you do, at least make a thread about what people like about camping or whatever, and take a line or two to mention you won't be able to post, but don't make the whole thread about it.

my 2 cents.

-=ReApEr=-
07-02-2003, 06:12 PM
What's this about again, seems pointless. :rolleyes:

Thrackan Solo
07-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Sure Semi You can have some swamp crack ...If the price is right:dozey:

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-02-2003, 11:57 PM
I'll miss you Groovy.

*Gives Groovy his saber back*

Sorry, I still had that from the remains of the Swamp vs. RSN battle. Any hoo...

Don't get too caught up in the politics of the swamp. I used to care.. oh wait nevermind... I've never really cared about what people do in this forum. The reason I've stayed so long is because of all the interesting people that come here. The topics are the same as other places, the SPAM is the same (actually much less), and the idea is the same: have fun. I come here for amusement, to get away from the serious one's. Seeing people pissed off over trivial things amuses me greatly. *claps hands* :D

The good: Father Torque Foundation, av sig competition.

The bad: I'm leaving..no wait.. yes I REALLY AM, maybe (I'll pm you if I decide). Who's the hottest (lol I love that one)?

The ugly: Thrik and his points. Bah, let him choke for all I care. I don't know and I don't want to know.

Honestly I wouldn't care if anybody truely left because if they did, it meant they found a better place to post. I don't think anybody has ever stayed away for too long due to the reasons Groovy posted. However, I can not think of one member (even Jedi 2k2) that truely stayed away.

ps: Groovy you had me going there you sly deveil :p :D

ZBomber
07-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by KBell
No, i dont think they should "Just shut up, log out and never come back", i think they should PM anyone that would actually care that they are leaving, so as not to bother the rest of us happy with how things are run here.

What if they havew a bunch of friends? Can't PM everonye on LF. :p

Semicolon
07-03-2003, 02:44 AM
What if they havew a bunch of friends? Can't PM everonye on LF

Sure we can, Z :)

-=ReApEr=-
07-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Meh you could simpliy open up as many ie browsers as you have friends here. Then send all the PMS at once. :p