PDA

View Full Version : "I'm new" threads

Lunatic Jedi
07-02-2003, 07:50 AM
In a refreshing departure from the drudgery of the "I'm leaving" threads, let's talk about "I'm new" threads!

Frankly, I don't see a whole lot of point to them. Its just a way of saying "HI! I JUST GOT HERE AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE EVERYBODY KNEW BECAUSE I'M SURE YOU'RE ALL SO INTERESTED!

Of course, they're much nicer than those blasted "I'm leaving" threads, in which they always come back anytime from a week to three hours later. :p

Did you post an "I'm new" thread when you first joined? I sure didn't. I just popped up one fateful night, and the rest was history. That's how I became the most exalted and popular person on all of Lucasforums! :D

(Crickets chirp)

(Even the crickets stop caring)

I hate you so goddamn much. :mad:

HertogJan
07-02-2003, 07:56 AM
No... I didn't post an "I'm new" thread :( In hindsight, it was the most stupid thing to do!! I NEVER got a replica spoon gift, I NEVER got a basket, I NEVER got a chocolate chip cookie :( :(

Hmm maybe I should make an "I'm new" thread after all :) Would it be strange if I did that after 1000+ posts??

Lunatic Jedi
07-02-2003, 08:00 AM
Yes, it would, so you probably shouldn't. :rolleyes:

PrimoSidone
07-02-2003, 08:00 AM
nope not really

Lord Siraious
07-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Nope, I did not post a hey I'm a new guy here thread. I found this network of forums because of my Clan leader at the time. He told me about this place and I liked it so I stayed, it was the will of the Force. :yoda:

Sam
07-02-2003, 09:48 AM
I never did but I should have.

I could have got a cookie,martini,chocolate medallian,spoon replica,welcome basket and some blue milk...

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 09:49 AM
heh. I did! And I got a great big warm welcome!!!

El Sitherino
07-02-2003, 09:50 AM
i didn't.

Ray Jones
07-02-2003, 09:54 AM
no. there is no need for it .. people will recognize .. if not .. phh.

i kind of dont like this "here i am, so recog me .. " stuff ..

let people know about you just by doing very annoing posts just like that RayJonesNerdy does ..

:eek:

STTCT
07-02-2003, 09:54 AM
I think we should have One thread where everyone can come and introduce themselves. That's how I think it should be handled. Some stikied thread that says "Welcome Newbies - Introduce Yourself Here" or something like that.

Sam Fisher
07-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Nope, I just, appeared... you could say. And I went to all of the other forums to look and post. It was fun. :D

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Yeah over at Echobase...They've got a whole forum called "The Starship Hanger" and it's soul purpose is for newbs to introduce themselves. It's pretty cool.

The Cheat
07-02-2003, 10:01 AM
no i just came and started posting

superracer0022
07-02-2003, 10:02 AM
yeah i posted one a while back when i first appeared here

obi
07-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Whats wrong with "I'm new" threads? All they are doing is letting you know they are knew so you don't see a post by them in a thread and go "who in the wide world of sports is that?!"

Ray Jones
07-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by STTCT
I think we should have One thread where everyone can come and introduce themselves. That's how I think it should be handled. Some stikied thread that says "Welcome Newbies - Introduce Yourself Here" or something like that.

This would be the way ..

legameboy
07-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I forget lol... :rolleyes:

Thrackan Solo
07-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Psssst...Hey if you want replica spoons*opens jacket*I have all your Swamp needs. Replica spoons,Swamp Crack, Swamp patches,Minature replica elves*WARNING THEY DO BITE* and I even have a live captured elf in the back of my truck, hes for sale to do with him waht you like:naughty:

ZBomber
07-02-2003, 02:12 PM
No, I never posted a I'm new thread. ;)

Semicolon
07-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Thrackan Solo
Psssst...Hey if you want replica spoons*opens jacket*I have all your Swamp needs. Replica spoons,Swamp Crack, Swamp patches,Minature replica elves*WARNING THEY DO BITE* and I even have a live captured elf in the back of my truck, hes for sale to do with him waht you like:naughty:

Can I buy your live elf? ;) I need a slave for my commands....

Agen
07-02-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Thrackan Solo

HOW DARE YOU!!! No-one can make replicas of my replica spoons! :mad:
Oooh, you're getting it, you're getting it =|-(
Ooohohohohoho, just you wait til I give out my REAL REPLICA spoons :veryangrysmileyholdingspoontryingtokillyou:
Oohohohohohhhohohoh, I hope people like you get jailed for 900 years while being stabbed with an incredibly blunt FORK!!!

No i never made an I'm new thread because i have too much pride, I was never new! :D

I NEVER got a replica spoon gift, I NEVER got a basket, I NEVER got a chocolate chip cookie
Here ya go Hertog Jan *gives hertog a complementary replica spoon gift* :D
Best is the business ;)

Thrackan Solo
07-02-2003, 05:21 PM
HOW DARE YOU!!! No-one can make replicas of my replica spoons!
Hey I dont see a copyright anywhere;)
No there replica replica spoons. They are replicated replicas.

Agen
07-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Complementary spoon replica welcome gifts©
There we go :) Now get the hell out of my business, i'm trying to run a monopoly here.

Loki GM
07-02-2003, 05:39 PM
no and I dont think that it would have made a difference because there where no presents that I know of back then (june 2002) but I did get a cookie from leXX a while ago for complaining in someone elses thread :D :D :D

can I have stuff now :D :D :D

Clemme w/Stick
07-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Yea, I think I did.
Allthough I'm not really sure :(.

-Clemme

Zathu Koon
07-02-2003, 06:17 PM
For a place like this, no. Its too big.
But for a smaller community, it would just be weird to not post a intro greeting.

•-BLaCKouT-•
07-02-2003, 06:32 PM
I didn't post a "I'm new" thread for two reasons:
1) I didn't know if I'd be staying long enough to warrant one.
2) I've done it in the past on other forums and either been flamed or completely ignored. This is the first forum I've come across with a true sense of community without being at all 'clique'-ish.

Big up yourselves Swampies! You're all welcome round my house after closing time!*

If I'd known the welcome I'd have gotten, I probably would have posted one. But by the time I realised I was addicte~ erm, staying, I already had about 70 posts so it seemed a bit daft. :rolleyes:

Can I have a spoon anyway?
:D B.

* One at a time, on seperate nights.

Agen
07-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Loki GM
I dont think that it would have made a difference because there where no presents that I know of back then (june 2002)
can I have stuff now :D :D :D

Exkweeeeeze Me. I have been doing complementary spoon replica welcome gifts since march 02 :D

So here's a complementary spoon replica welcome gift. :D

Taos
07-02-2003, 07:07 PM
I never posted one. I'd much rather see the "hello I'm new" thread, then the "I'm leaving" thread. :rolleyes:

KBell
07-02-2003, 07:13 PM
That true.... i hate it when people expect sympathy and praise for leaving the JK2 forums....they should be shot.....maybe not, but something really bad should happen to them:D

BongoBob
07-02-2003, 08:13 PM
I should have, I cou'ld have a Spoon Replica, a cookie, a welcome basket, the list goes on and on. WAHHHHHHHH! Does anyone feel sorry for me?
*crickets*
Damn you all:mad:

Agen
07-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Here ya go bongo *throws complementary spoon replica welcome gift* :D
and anyone esle who wants one, come an' get em :D

Loki GM
07-02-2003, 08:34 PM
hmm maybe I should give people things as welcoming gifts

but what could I give

Lunatic Jedi
07-02-2003, 08:37 PM
*Agen gets swarmed by spoon-crazed Swampes*

You brought it on yourself, Agen. :p

Agen
07-02-2003, 09:21 PM
Don't worry, I can handle it :D

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Did you post an "I'm new" thread?

I guess posting here counts as posting on an "i'm a noob thread" so technically.... I'm confused :confused:

Here's what I think: People who are new to the forums and post the I'm new threads just want to say hi. Maybe they just arrived here, maybe they've been reading threads for a while and are interested in posting, or maybe they've been going here for the files from jediknightii.net. For whatever reason we should welcome them.

I believe the I'm new threads should be open for 1 week to make them feel special (give them welcome baskets and stuff). After that they should be closed so that the SPAM stays down.

I'm leaving threads are a different matter. It usually means a person is bored with the forums, is mad for some reason because of the system or certain users, or is unable to find the time and/or resources to visit us. Either way we should do the same: Acknowledge their existence, give them a "fare-thee-well basket" and close the thread before the SPAM piles up.

I'm just as guilty of both of these, but I made mine with more than 1 purpose. My I'm new thread was also a tips thread for JKII and my bye bye thread was due to PC problems so I made it a pc help-me-out thread. :)

it's all good :cool:

ZBomber
07-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick
Yea, I think I did.
Allthough I'm not really sure :(.

-Clemme

You did, I even remember posting in it. :)

Azrael
07-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Usually, stupid statements and repeated questions are a sign of "newnism." (<-New word!) There really isn't a point in creating an entire thread just to say: "I'm new!" or "Yay! First post!" It just reafirms how much of a newnist (<-Another new word!) you really are.

Loki GM
07-03-2003, 02:15 AM
chief you are a tricky guy that you are

and it looks like azrael dosent like noob I guess he thinks he too good to use the word noob maybe he thinks hes above everyone that uses the word noob :p :p :p

Azrael
07-03-2003, 02:58 AM
So, why aren't you bowing?:D

Loki GM
07-03-2003, 03:02 AM
*starts to bow*

WTF am I doing

*kicks azrael ing the nards*

thats what you get you dirty *********** **** ****** **** :p :p :p

MikeDoggg2004
07-03-2003, 04:37 AM
Well it looks like Im one of the smart ones!! I posted IM NEW.
And guess what....

Alot of people know me so HA HA HA!
Im popular want my John Hancock (hehe)

To all my friends goodnight
:mad:

Lunatic Jedi
07-03-2003, 04:48 AM
Umm... goodnight?

MikeDoggg2004
07-03-2003, 06:27 AM
I WROTE IM NEW AND IT HELPED ME GET FRIENDS
I also like attention He he BLAHHHHHHHHHHHH

HertogJan
07-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Here ya go Hertog Jan *gives hertog a complementary replica spoon gift* :D
Best is the business ;)

Whoaaaa... Thx :) I ALMOST bought a replicated replica spoon gift from Thrackan Solo!!! :eek:

But I didn't :) Great huh?! :D

Thrackan Solo
07-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Whoaaaa... Thx :) I ALMOST bought a replicated replica spoon gift from Thrackan Solo!!! :eek:

Doh! I dont sell them anymore. Something about a "copyright":rolleyes:

But Sporks are in now. :naughty:

http://mmstn05.sac2.fastsearch.net/0b03821d0000093e00000fac0000848f

Thrackan Solo
07-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan

Doh! I dont sell them anymore. Something about a "copyright":rolleyes:

But Sporks are in now. :naughty:

http://mmstn05.sac2.fastsearch.net/0b03821d0000093e00000fac0000848f