-=ReApEr=-
07-03-2003, 09:25 AM
PC my best friend. :D

|GG|Carl
07-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Gameboy... just kidding, PC is best

BongoBob
07-03-2003, 09:28 AM
PC. It just cannot be compared to the consoles. For a console it would be Either SNES Or dreamcast(Both long dead systems that I still play and enjoy:D)

RoguePhotonic
07-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Hard to say really....it's really about what games you like...PC has allot of good things for games...but many downsides...like lag, crashes and all...

You will always have lag in games no matter how good of a system you have...you can never have every game you have run smooth...of course that's the game's fault allot of the time and not your system...

Rogue15
07-03-2003, 02:05 PM
The Xbox by far. The only thing the other consoles have on it are exclusive titles, and very few good ones. ^_^

and is it just me or is PC gaming.....kinda.....dying? I haven't seen any really good titles out that are exclusive to the pc, besides Galaxies. :)

KBell
07-03-2003, 02:13 PM
and is it just me or is PC gaming.....kinda.....dying?

Its you...... Have you even see the lineup? Doom 3 is scedualed to be released, Deus Ex 2, Max Payne 2, Half-life 2, Full Spectrum War ( pretty good game from what i hear), Call of Duty ( based off of Concepts of the Band of Brothers Series) The Sims 2, Men of Valor: Vietnam, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars- Republic commando, Rome Total War, Thief 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and Playboy- The Mansion. And those are just a few!

I gotta lie down now......

Sam Fisher
07-03-2003, 02:42 PM
PC... is the best...

KBell
07-03-2003, 02:46 PM
The PC will outlive all current and future systems by far.:rolleyes:

Sam Fisher
07-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by KBell
The PC will outlive all current and future systems by far.:rolleyes:

I don't know about that, I think there is a Phantom console coming out that can play all of the console games, or something like that.

ZBomber
07-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
I don't know about that, I think there is a Phantom console coming out that can play all of the console games, or something like that.

But they would need permission from every other console maker, which most likely won't happen. I think the Phantom, if it ever is released, won't do so hot.... =\

But my favorite system is definetly Nintendo. I just remember playing a bunch of games, like Mario, Golf, gunsmoke, Zelda...... ah... the days. :)

KBell
07-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Windows, as we speak, is making an operating system that will enable the user to open up your primary drive, insert a game, and run the game without any install screens of any sort, like a console. This will take away some of the convieniance factor of the Console.

toms
07-03-2003, 02:56 PM
pc has always been my fave, although now im getting a bit older and don't have as much time to devote i've finally seen the advantage of consoles.... n64 would be my second fave... but now you can get n64, megadrive and snes emulators for pc :D

i have to admit that Gameboys are awesome too though...

Darth Eggplant
07-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Banana Junior 6000
self portable personal computer system
with optional software
Bananawrite
Bananadraw
bananafile
and Bananamanager

Rogue15
07-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by KBell
Its you...... Have you even see the lineup? Doom 3 is scedualed to be released, Deus Ex 2, Max Payne 2, Half-life 2, Full Spectrum War ( pretty good game from what i hear), Call of Duty ( based off of Concepts of the Band of Brothers Series) The Sims 2, Men of Valor: Vietnam, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars- Republic commando, Rome Total War, Thief 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and Playboy- The Mansion. And those are just a few!

I gotta lie down now......

hmmm

Deus Ex 2 coming to xbox
Half-Life 2 coming to xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior coming to xbox
Star Wars: KotOR coming to xbox
Star Wars: Republic Commando coming to xbox
Thief 3 coming to xbox
Playboy The Mansion coming to xbox
Doom III coming to xbox

I'm certain because OXM (official xbox magazine) has those on the release calendar. I would expect Max Payne 2 to be on xbox as well, considering the first was. Xbox is also getting the GTA games, and possibly some Final Fantasy (just heard rumors about Final Fantasy)

seems the only exclusive games to PC anymore are strategy games.

oh and something else. More people who have broadband and like multiplayer are going for xbox live, since they don't have to struggle with evil lag as often.

El Sitherino
07-03-2003, 04:41 PM
my answer is what it was months ago.

COMMODORE 64!!:)

|GG|Carl
07-03-2003, 04:41 PM
on a PC you can use the internet. and that really makes it best.

You cannot download maps, patches, mods etc. on Xbox or PS2.

That makes PC much better.

Rogue15
07-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|
on a PC you can use the internet. and that really makes it best.

You cannot download maps, patches, mods etc. on Xbox or PS2.

That makes PC much better.

yes you can, on xbox. you just can't edit stuff, everything you dload on xbox comes straight from the developers. ^_^

KBell
07-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Rogue- Thief 3, Half-life 2 and Deus Ex 2 will all use the Unreal 2 engine ( Deus Ex's heavily modified ), it has been proven that games that are ported to a console ( which the games you mentioned, are ) have less smoother animation, less graphical capabilities ( since X-Box runs on a G-Force 2 i believe ) and a more simple control scheme ( which sometimes can ruin the game by itself) Proof of this can be found when you play the X-box version of SoF2 Double Helix and the PC version. The X-Box version suffers from the same handicaps i just mentioned. Name any port from the PC to the X-Box that had the X-Box version score BETTER than the PC version, and i will tip my hat to you.

Rogue15
07-03-2003, 05:55 PM
I *think* ghost recon....only one that i could think of. ;)
and i do understand what you mean by the controls... wolfenstein and sof2, i was upset when i played the demos, cause they screwed up the aiming and it's too clunky. Ghost Recon runs excellent though. I wish they'd make it so every FPS was as good as GR, control-wise. Hopefully they don't hurt Operation Flashpoint w/the controls.

edit: I was wrong. BUT at ign.com they give Return to Castle Wolfenstein a 9.0 for pc and 9.3 for xbox. :)

RoguePhotonic
07-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I think the only way to go in to own them all....

Sam Fisher
07-03-2003, 06:50 PM
I think the only way to go in to own them all....

Yeah, I really wanted to get an XBOX, but my parents, for some reason, are against all of the consoles... for no reason that I can think of.

KBell
07-03-2003, 06:51 PM
I own them all, but i am selling my gamecube to my friend for $145 with 2 game. I only bought Gamecube because i knew that 2 of my favorite games were going to be released on it, Resident Evil and Courtside. Piece of crap :p

Captain Wilson
07-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Amiga ;)
oh that takes me back :D

MikeDoggg2004
07-03-2003, 09:42 PM
I can tell everyone has a PC Duh because we are posting so now lets pick systems ONLY.

Not PC because we all LOVE our PC
LOL

Mike

RoguePhotonic
07-03-2003, 09:46 PM
I never wanted Xbox...just no games on it I care to play....gamecube doesn't have many games I like but it's a really good system...everything with it is so smooth....

One thing that is better about gamecube over all systems is the way the lid opens...dust WILL stop your games from playing in time with ps2 anyway...you will be forced to open it and clean the lense...with gamecube you can do it easy.....though I have never had that problem with gamecube...

Agen
07-03-2003, 09:58 PM
Look, The best system is the pc Mike, You should have said consoles :D
We'll make you eat your words.......!

:D
IMO PS2 is best because of the games it supplies, X-Box coming 2nd because of it's line-up :)

StormHammer
07-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Why not have the best of both worlds? A PC game console?

You can read about a new one in the works here (http://techzone.pcvsconsole.com/news.php?tzd=1843). It's from a team called DISC, and they're going to name the console the DISCover.

There will even be a 'conversion kit' to turn your PC into a console.

If you're too lazy to click the link, they're basically building a cut-down PC in a smaller unit, and using a system that will read your PC game discs as is without having to install them. Then it just runs them, and you can play. If such a system could run the majority of PC games without a hitch, and it is at the right price point, it would probably kill off some of the other consoles, and refocus development to the PC platform.

I guess we'll have to sit tight and see if it actually works. :)

MikeDoggg2004
07-03-2003, 10:48 PM
that is interesting i will have to look into that

KBell
07-03-2003, 10:58 PM
X-box for me........cause of its graphical capabilities and lineup.

Plus, it's so much like a PC

ZBomber
07-04-2003, 02:01 AM
X-Box sounds pretty cool, but I already got a Gamecube ;)

RoguePhotonic
07-04-2003, 02:03 AM
That would be a very costly system to run all the high res computer games....

Sam Fisher
07-04-2003, 02:07 AM
Mine can run Splinter Cell at 1280x1024 and all of the graphics maxed out and still get 50+ FPS.

Jah Warrior
07-04-2003, 02:17 AM
Best games system? PC obviously

You can easily build a rig that will run all games at 1280x1024 6 x AA and max detail for well under a grand!!! as long as you dont mind overclocking.

I havent seen anything under 75fps since christmas.

I love my radeon 9500 & barton :D

Sam Fisher
07-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Well I love my Radeon 9700 PRO...

In fact, I built mine for about $818.00. ;)

RoguePhotonic
07-04-2003, 02:30 AM
I never use antialiasing anymore with ATI...I got the 9700 pro...because it has smoothvision so you really don't need it anyway...and if you turn it on aliasing is worse at long ranges...

Antialiasing will cause lag to...I remember playing jedi knights 2 on my 1.8ghz and geforce 3 ti500 system and it would run smooth everywhere but the swamp...then it would be unplayable....you turn off AA...ran smooth.....

Jah Warrior
07-04-2003, 02:44 AM
hehe my 9500 thinks its a 9800 ;) saved myself £150

and the poor old cpu thinks its an XP3600 (although they dont exist yet)

3dmark score (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6598528)

oh yeah and AA + nvidia always gives shoddy performance, except teh new 5900ultra

MikeDoggg2004
07-04-2003, 02:46 AM
GAMECUBE

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-04-2003, 11:02 AM
PC doesn't count. It does alot more than just run games. So it isn't dedicated to games. So I would have to say Snes. So many great games on that system. Ah, memories.

Hyperglide
07-04-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm not gonna include the PC because it's not a system/console.

For me it's the SNES best console ever made. Second will goto PS2, third is PSX, forth is NES.

BongoBob
07-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Using the pc, I now have NES,SNES,PSX,N64,Genesis,Gameboy Advance, and some arcade. Gotta love emulation:D

KBell
07-05-2003, 12:49 AM
I hear ya Bongo!:p

The PC can do it all :D

MikeDoggg2004
07-05-2003, 03:20 AM
LOL true that!

Silent_Thunder
07-05-2003, 03:46 AM
Aren't those emulations illegal? lol... I think we should only count the legal systems...

Anyways, if PC isn't considered a system then I would have to pick the N64... Alot of people thought it didn't have very good games for some odd reason... but I thought they were great with a good selection... Super Mario, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Majoras Mask... Just to name a few off the top of my head.

The Gamecube probably has better games overall, but since it's a much newer system it doesn't have as large of a selection... but if it did I would probably go with the cube... It has a lot of good games in my opinion... and alot I'm looking forward to.

Gameboy Advance is also very good... one thing I like about it is the fact that the developers don't focus as much on graphics as they do on other systems, but instead completely on the gameplay and story. Also, while side scrolling games are extinct for the most part on newer systems the Gameboy advance actually has them still (and is making new ones like Mario and Luigi for the Gameboy advance..)

NoWayOut
07-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Gamecube is my system

Semicolon
07-05-2003, 08:52 AM
X box!!!

It's like a PC!!! Wait...it is!