PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye (for now?)

Thrift
07-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Well guys it was fun, but this is a bit of a goodbye from me for a year or two (ÖMaybe there will still be some people hanging around thenÖ)
Iím off across the globe on an endless winter (being something of a vaguely above average skier), in pursuit of the ultimate mountain to ski on ;)
Should be great.

I find the fact that Iíve waited all these months (going into years now according to the info to my left {kinda tragic}) for this game, and I probably wonít even get a proper chance to play it for two years. Real kick in the pants when I think of all the reviews and hundreds of screenshots Iíve looked at, but themís the breaks, and if truth be told, my X-Box is one of the things Iím least going to miss about home.

Alright guys I hope you all enjoy playing the game when its released *mumble grumble*
But hopefully some of you might be jealous of me carving up mountains across 3 or 4 continents :D (and hefting a colossal backpack Ė but we wonít mention that)
Have fun!
Might see you in a few yearsÖ
Thrift!

Taos
07-03-2003, 12:56 PM
:eek: Wow, that sounds like a great trip. I hope you enjoy yourself out there. Also don't get yourself hurt too badly. ;P

I have a feeling that when you come back, I will still be around here. :)

Best of luck to you Thrift and take care! :)

Lord Glorfindel
07-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Sorry to hear you are a going, but a big part of me wishes I was in your shoes, that trip sounds extremely cool, have fun and be safe, O and I'll be here in few years thats two people who are going to be here

StarScream423
07-04-2003, 01:29 AM
I've never been a fan of skiing, in fact I hate it, I tried it once and never went back. But I would love to snowboard some day.

I wish you luck and happiness with whatever choices you make, and to come home safely in a few years. Maybe I'll be someone of importance here when you come back ;)

Uber_Saber
07-04-2003, 01:37 AM
Have a good time, Thrift. I skied twice recently for the first time, and loved it. We'll probably all still be here.

Jedi Apprentice
07-04-2003, 02:08 AM
2 years of skiing?!? :eek:

You lucky dog! :p

I hope you have a great time on your trip and return safely to your shiny box of KoTOR. (which will probabaly be least important at the time. ;)

Have fun! :)

Hannibal
07-04-2003, 03:21 AM
Enjoy your trip.
2 years of doing something you love? You are a lucky dog.

Bon Voyage

leXX
07-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Wow, sounds like you're gonna have a really great time! I wish I had done something a bit more meaningful with my life like that when I was younger. I would have loved to have seen a lot more of the world before I settled down, but now I have to wait until the kids leave home. Good luck to you. Have fun and Bon Voyage.

FunClown
07-04-2003, 08:50 AM
In a couple of years time you might be able to pick up a copy of the game for only $19.99! :p

Sam Fisher
07-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Have a great trip :)

(Just don't break anything useful, like your finger ;) )

Jed
07-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Sir, you have a taste for skiing, I'll tell ya what. :D

Good night, good luck, and good news tomorrow ;)

We'll miss ya, and we'll be here when KOTOR is obsolete, all pining away for some weird-ass game called Star Wars: Sentry Fallout.

:D