PDA

View Full Version : How do i add new NPC's to my map in radiant

Lord_Frieza
07-05-2003, 07:46 AM
I created some new npc's by adding downloaded models from the net into a seperate pk3. When in jk2 they spawn fine (npc spawn weequaytusken or npc spawn stormjawa) but how do I add these to my map from radiant. (im using jk2radiant, i cant co operate with gtk radiant coz it has too many errors)

help plz!:confused:

Phenom
07-08-2003, 03:52 PM
unpak all their content into the correct directories and you should be ablee to see them...if itīs a new NPC, you need a new npc definition file too.

CortoCG
07-08-2003, 04:53 PM
No need to unpack the files, just update the definitions on the SP_Entities.def file. Now you should be able to see the new NPC on the list to add them on radiant.

Emon
07-10-2003, 03:54 PM
:eek:

No! Editing the DEF file is bad! No no no! That's only a description of entities for Radiant, if you try adding an entity that doesn't exist, the game will either crash or spew error messages.

You use the NPC_spawner entity, read it's description for details. This was added to the recent versions of GtkRadiant. It's from the updated SP_entities.def from Mike Gummelt at Raven. The entity is in JO, but it wasn't in the DEF file.