PDA

View Full Version : VDM sound

Jonny-5
07-05-2003, 07:09 PM
I was trying to play monkey island with vdm sound, and the sound came out of my computer? is there a way to switch it to your speakers? If i try playing the game with scummvm it doesnt show the backgrounds.

scabb
07-05-2003, 08:48 PM
The sound from SoMI comes straight from the CD, so that generally has to be in the CD-drive when you play the game.

Also, no backgrounds with ScummVM? Have you tried grabbing the latest build (http://www.scummvm.org)? Which version of the game are you running, exactly?

I'm sure Dr. Benny will be along later with a better diagnosis, but until then, try the above. VDMSound sucks.

Jonny-5
07-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Yea it works now, thank you.

Joshi
07-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Hang on, how do you play without the CD? Or at least with internal speakers? Only the love scene on the peer is a hell of a lot better with internal speakers I always thought (that's when I had the game on floppy).

Jonny-5
07-06-2003, 06:18 PM
I burned it onto a cd and it worked

Huz
07-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
Hang on, how do you play without the CD? Or at least with internal speakers? Only the love scene on the peer is a hell of a lot better with internal speakers I always thought (that's when I had the game on floppy). The truly masochistic can start the game from the DOS prompt with the 'i' argument, eg.

> monkey i

...for internal speaker sound. Use 'h' as an argument for a list of the other options you can set.