PDA

View Full Version : What's your fave movie of the year so far?

•-BLaCKouT-•
07-06-2003, 11:08 AM
What's your favourite movie of the year so far?

:D B.

BawBag™
07-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Mr Anderson! Surprised to vote for us?

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Sadly I have to say Matrix Reloaded. Not a big fan of the movie, but it was much better than anything else out this year. Man I miss good movies.

ZBomber
07-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Matrix Reloaded. The fight scenes vrought tears to my eyes. :D (Happy tears :xp: )

Agen
07-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Tis unfair, T3 just came out. I haven't any but the matrix so i have to say Matrix Reloaded. :(

-=ReApEr=-
07-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Matrix reloaded all the way. :D

Sam Fisher
07-06-2003, 12:26 PM
I haven't seen one of the new movies yet :(

Agen
07-06-2003, 12:39 PM
There's no excuse to have not seen the matrix..... Sit in your corner.

:p

Sam Fisher
07-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I know, but for some reason my parents are against almost all of the new movies(prolly because they are rated R :mad: ). This suks.

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Man that does suck sam, well, chin up. You'll get to see them one way or the other. ;) I suggest both X2 and Matrix (if you've seent the first, and who hasn't)

Sam Fisher
07-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Maybe I'll have to get my sister to rent them when they come out on DVD.

-=ReApEr=-
07-06-2003, 01:07 PM
I suspose your not aloud to play T rated games either? :p

Matt-Liell
07-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
I know, but for some reason my parents are against almost all of the new movies(prolly because they are rated R :mad: ). This suks.

Ha in Canada we have no Rated R, Matrix was 14 A!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:p

Well out of those I'd say Matrix Reloaded but I bet its gonna be Pirates of the Caribbean next week!

Sam Fisher
07-06-2003, 02:15 PM
All my games are rated T... no M though. I mean, what other rated games would you get?

ZBomber
07-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-
I suspose your not aloud to play T rated games either? :p

His av is frickin Splinter Cell. Of course he plays T rated agmes. :p

Jah Warrior
07-06-2003, 02:24 PM
i see a lot of people have voted for Matrix Regurgitated, which leads me to believe nobody saw Xmen 2.

I saw Matrix 2 last night for the first time and i gotta say that apart form the fight scenes it was utter rubbish. especially that entirely un-necessary rave scene. The highlight of the film was the french dudes wife (hubba hubba) Too much kissing too!!!!

Xmen 2 wins on all scores, great fight scenes, better story and above all Famke Janssen and Halle Berry.

Matrix?!?! LMFAO

Agen
07-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Personally i thoguht Reloaded was better than X2 (not much but hey i went out and bought X-men 1 the video after i watched it)

Still though... We should have waited til T3 coems otu properly |-(
Unfair procedures. :o

ZBomber
07-06-2003, 02:37 PM
I don't like X-Men, therefore, I didn't bother to see X-men 2.

The Cheat
07-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Matrix Reloaded, excellent movie (actually had a dream i saw it again last night, just thought i would share)

Semicolon
07-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Catch Me If You Can

Awsome movie!

ET Warrior
07-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Catch me if you Can came out last year didn't it? I can't really remember.......I'm torn and dont know how to vote......T3 or Matrix Reloaded......They were both SUPER AWESOME...and.....I....Dont.....Know.....X2 was also spectacular.....MAN I'm so torn........I just won't vote.

Semicolon
07-06-2003, 04:36 PM
It might've...I'm in Italy so we get everything a year late ;)

obi
07-06-2003, 04:38 PM
X2 and Matrix Reloaded are tied in my book....

But I am ITCHING to see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Jared
07-06-2003, 04:57 PM
I have been a Terminator fan for years, and although matrix reloaded, X2, etc were very good, they just dont compare to any of the Terminators.

Darth Eggplant
07-06-2003, 06:33 PM
I saw X-Men2 I really liked it i guess i could have voted other and listed stuff, but as I only had one black dot thingy in a hole thingy vote function to choose from i choose the matrix.
(gee my techno jargon is sooo....i should right manuels for products):D

Sivy
07-06-2003, 08:06 PM
there's only going to be one film this year that will beat reloaded... and thats revolutions.

bring on november! :)

Semicolon
07-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Heh can't wait for october either! RELOADED DVD!

gorganfloss
07-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Id have to say Matrix. The fight scenes were good, Smith was good, Trinity jumping out of building with uzis, Neo vs. Trinity scene (:D ), all that stuff.

txa1265
07-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Finding Nemo ... of course I have little kids :)

These days everything is a trilogy ... BS.

Redwing
07-07-2003, 09:46 AM
I wanna vote for two. ;_;

Die Another Day
07-07-2003, 10:05 AM
X2 - what a brilliant film, eh? Got to be the best this year, beating The Matrix Reloaded by miles and miles and miles. Although some people (Jah Warrior) enjoyed Halle Berry and Famke Janssen, I thought the action, the plotline, the characters and the acting were just superb!

While talking about Halle Berry, do DVD releases count too? If so, then I'm just going to sit here screaming "Die Another Day" at the top of my voice until everyone buys a copy. No, I don't work for MGM.

toms
07-07-2003, 10:52 AM
no fair... the hulk and T3 haven't come out over here yet (or almost anywhere except the US).

What is 2F2F doing on the poll? is that a joke?

Agen
07-07-2003, 11:37 AM
I wanna see the hulk :(
What's so special about america, why can't we have releases on the same day? :confused:

Jah Warrior
07-07-2003, 12:12 PM
hulk is a bit crap to be honest, the effects suck, the story is unbelievably boring and the acting is wooden at best. The bit where the hulk fights what can only be described as three scooby doo's is pathetic beyond belief. Other than that it was great :rolleyes:

Termy you have PM.

Bob Gnarly
07-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
hulk is a bit crap to be honest, the effects suck, the story is unbelievably boring and the acting is wooden at best. The bit where the hulk fights what can only be described as three scooby doo's is pathetic beyond belief. Other than that it was great :rolleyes:

Termy you have PM.

i agree, the only thing i found interesting in The Hulk was his Dad's power, but yeah i agree completly, Terminator 3 gets me vote.

Jah Warrior
07-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by toms

yeah man that film was bad, real bad.

Its got so many clichés in it i could not believe my eyes. On top of that there was not a single nice car in it. Even the stunt driving was somwhat lacklustre :rolleyes: Acting? what acting? it was like a ham sandwich (hold the bread)

@DaD
I agree the plot the acting and pretty much everything in Xmen 2 kicked some major arse mate!!!

regarding Die another Day:-
The cars the star for me, that was a gadget fest of the highest order. Being a fellow bond fanatic I enjoyed it greatly but its a long way form being the best bond film of all time. Still, it is one of the better ones. Pierce Brosnan is rapidly gaining ground on Sean Connery as the best Bond as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder who the next Bond will be, theres a lot of talk about the next Bond being a black geezer, now that i would love to see, but somehow i think it could be detrimental to the Bond Franchise. My personal choice would be Jude Law I reckon.

pbguy1211
07-07-2003, 03:12 PM
X 2 was the best. Followed by the Matrix... Smith rules! T3 was BORING! And I refuse to go see 2f2f

•-BLaCKouT-•
07-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by toms

Yeah, sorry about that guys :p
I'd already chosen to post 6 poll options and I couldn't think of another film which people might classify as their 'favourite'. I'd already decided to put 'other' so I couldn't really justify 'Yoda' :p
I haven't seen it (or the 1st one), I mean it's about cars for god's sake. Normal cars! Not even Knight Rider or anything! I don't usually bother with films with such trivial subject matter :p
Although, having read the ensuing discussion, I should have put Die Another Day in there. Even though it's 'last year' I know it'd have got at least one vote ;)

Anyways, for me it's Matrix Reloaded, although I have heard very positive things about T3. Maybe in a month eh?

:) B.

Semicolon
07-07-2003, 07:24 PM
This is a nice thread though :D

Die Another Day
07-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Yeah, Die Another Day WOULD have got one vote, if only it would have been in the poll in the first place!

As for the argument over who should play the next James Bond, I'm not turning this thread into one about 007. All I will say is that filming of Bond 21 has commenced... with Pierce Brosnan in the tuxedo. Hurrah!

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-08-2003, 09:24 AM
Full Metal Jacket and Blackhawk down (you didn't say it had to be from this year :p)

Otherwise Matrix Reloaded because the dogpile reminded me of freshman year of football. BTW, for all my non-american friends, when I mean football I mean American-football, not soccer. I suck at soccer err.. football. Aaagh! I'm confused again

*smacks himself with the Lance of Longiness*

That's better. Anyway I'll see if T3 will be as good as they say. I hope it is! :D

Darth Groovy
07-08-2003, 09:28 AM
I have a few other films I need to see before I can vote. For now, I would say X-2 is in the lead, with Matrix Reloaded a close second.

Stay tuned for my vote...

Skate Boy
07-08-2003, 09:35 AM
X2 is at the top for me. I love that movie. I'm going o marry it.

Jah Warrior
07-08-2003, 10:30 AM
I must admit that before i saw X men 1 i was extremely anti-comic book, I just loathe comics. However I had no choice but to watch the film and I'm so glad i did. The X-Men series has serious potential to be one of the best movie franchises ever.

Anyone who hasn't seen X-Men because they dont like comic books or what not should at least give the Xmen films a go, I underwent a complete reversal of my thinking on the matter.

toms
07-08-2003, 10:55 AM
i voted x2 btw, since i only have a choice between X2, Matrix and 2F2F and 2 of those suck.

Surely there must have been more good films than that this year.... although i can't actually think of them... :(

IF you were going into last year you would have to add LOTR:TT... it was nearly this year after all....