PDA

View Full Version : Lost my character!

Kyren Valinor
07-06-2003, 10:44 PM
I was on Starsider and I went AFK and when I came back home, I was back on my desktop and my character is gone! What happened?

Sunshine Badass
07-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Mine is gone too. I do not know what the deal is.:( :( :(

Taos
07-06-2003, 11:16 PM
This happened the other day. The server is down, so they don't give you the option to choose it. Even though it might say all are up....for some strange reason, they aren't. I know this doesn't make sense, that's just kind what I understand to be happening.

It just is rediculous that a day can't pass without the server going down x.x I realize there is a high number of people on the server as well.....I just hope things get resolved soon. :(

flaknugget
07-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Testify...

I've had this happen today as well. Then my character reappeared, but I still couldn't connect to the server, and now my character seems to be gone again.

So I pressume it's like Leemu said. Nothing to worry about. Because character info isn't stored locally, when the server isn't available neither is the character. Sometimes, not always.

Darknightmare
07-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Rumor alert, so get ready!
I heard for my best friend that Starstrider has been a target for hackers, thus the need to bring it down more often then the others. Something to do with exploits allowing you access to other peoples character or something else. Lost of people have lots items on SS, well these susposed hackers r stealing them from u. Now the only reason i am even posting this is i had this happen to me yesterday. Late last night i wanted to play with my buddy however i could not use my SS character. I was unable to login because it told my i was already online! This is really upsetting because i got on today only to fing my new pistol and armor were missing! I reported this to the support peeps (i thinks) and went out hunting till the server went down. I hope this is just a stupid rumor, so if it is please tell me it was just a bug :(

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 12:15 AM
I have not heard the hacker rumor; you may also have lost items due to rollbacks. As far as not having a character this too happen to me the last time there was a major crash on Starsider. I'm afraid the serious rumor going around is there will be more rollbacks and slight very doubtful but slight possibliity that everyone on Starsider is gonna get kicked off and they are going to restart the entire thing. So if you cannot see your character naem on launchpad or your character is bald and in his/her underwear do not worry you are going to have to wait a long long time though before Starsider reboots. These are the problems with online games

Devlyyn Sarr
07-07-2003, 12:22 AM
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Announcements&message.id=59

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 12:32 AM
My character is in her unmentionables... I am bald... and the server is..................................... GONE!!! COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY GONE!!!

Quick! Someone comfort me!!!

(Naritus) Chilasta and Bloodfin are GONE!!! SCREW ECLIPSE!

It is a nightmare! We are DOOMED! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!

Excuse me.;)

But I just want to play. And I do NOT want to go back and collect the 15K again. That took me 3 hours this morning and I bought a house in the =A= lots...

*Sunshine starts to cry*

This is worse than the annoying arrow that taunts me in my bad dreams.

Opa
07-07-2003, 12:50 AM
ITS OK!!! star sider is down for tests this happend to me too twice! its OK!!! the char will be back just the server is down for test and so the game cant gather the infor of what ur char looks like!!! DONT PANIC YOU CHAR WILL RETURN!!!!! the server is just down

Kyren Valinor
07-07-2003, 01:00 AM
It friggin' better be or I will not be a happy camper!

Lord_Vessen
07-07-2003, 01:14 AM
I lost everything on my char, in the selection menu it is bald and such like Sunshine's.

Kyren Valinor
07-07-2003, 02:07 AM
Yah, that's right. We better get these babies back ;)

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 02:10 AM
Starsider is BACK!!! But not online yet. This is progress, no doubt. Pray for no rollbacks. No rollbacks.

It should be online soon if it is back amongst the living, if not so healthy, servers.

EDIT: Chilastra is back online now, too. Starsider is next. And please be SOON!:D :D :D

Opa
07-07-2003, 02:21 AM
i'll bet you my house there are no rollbacks :P

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 02:24 AM
Opa I will accept that bet so if there are any rollbacks on any character in our PA I get your house deal :)

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 02:37 AM
If there are rollbacks, Opa HAS no house to bet you.

Starsider and Chilastra are gone again. But we get an update in 30 minutes or so.:D WOOT! UPDATE!

*Runs off like Homer*

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Opa is too scared to accept my bet :)

He can always buy a nother house and give it to me

Opa
07-07-2003, 02:57 AM
I accept :P I got it for 5k :P they took them down because people couldn't log in...this will help alot of your login problems :D

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Hopefully all of them. i do not want to see another little roving arrow thing again as long as I live. My disposition has been altered.;)

ocYrus
07-07-2003, 03:09 AM
U guys jump to conclusions

Opa
07-07-2003, 03:11 AM
jesus...the offical forums are full of people yelling MY CHAR IS GONE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! and I was in sunrunner and some fool was screaming how he was going to leave SWG if his char was gone...eh

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 03:13 AM
I hope he leaves then.:D Simple as that. But just him...

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 03:16 AM
I'm gonna get a house from Opa
I'm gonna get a house from OPa

SIgh life can be good.Hmm they said by 9pm Pacific time well it is 9pm pacific time and still no character. What started out as a little problem has developed into an entire day problem :) NOt worried though

Kyren Valinor
07-07-2003, 03:21 AM
Sunshine, Is your character back?

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Let me check...

Nope... and no update either...:( :( :(

I am glad I got up early this morning though. I got seven hours in before all when to Ka-putz. But then that is what I am afraid of. What if I lose it all? My Durni escapades will be for naught!:(

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 03:26 AM
My character is still bald,white, and inhis undies

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 03:29 AM
I just check the auto-play before actually booting into to the game. If Arina is not on the pre-choose character slots, she is not on the server either...

Opa
07-07-2003, 03:38 AM
sorry to say u = no house from me :D lets make this bet more...fun...lets say if there is a rollback you get my house..if not u need to get me organic hides for a week :D and I mean alot dont try to weasel out with like only 10 hides :P

while SS is down want to go on the test server? no one is on that pretty much so lag is nil :)

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 03:46 AM
Sounds like a deal but I so know my character is gonna get rolled back at least a little with this long of a delay and if not mine anothr persons in this lovley PA of ours :) so I accept I win I get your house or if you do not have a house anymore then a small house from you. If I lose then I harvest hides for a week and trust me I will be on a lot so like 500hides or so

Opa
07-07-2003, 03:50 AM
hheheh WOO no more hide hunting :D:p

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 03:56 AM
only if you win and you so are not going to win

Giles Deathstalker's abode nice ring don't you think Opa

I'm gonna get a house sweet

BUt at this point none of us may ever be able to log in to determine whether there was a rollback or not

Opa
07-07-2003, 03:59 AM
now I am talking about a massave rollback like some one lost alot of exp or alot of items they got earlier I am not talking about you were running outside of town now you are inside :P

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 04:02 AM
While you two are bickering, the server is back up... and...

*Drum roll*

A ROLLBACK!!! ALL OF WRAITH'S HARVESTERS ARE GONE!!! And my Durni experience is gone too. But I think the rollbacks were kinda random. My house is gone, but in my inventory, my mineral extractor is up, but not the ones Wraith gave me. The Durni are gone, but to where? We will have to see how it turns out. Looks like a rollback of a whole day for Wraith, and 45 minutes for me.

Opa
07-07-2003, 04:03 AM
the server is not back up...I just checked

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 04:05 AM
This is strange, becasue I was in the game. Same with Basherdurch. I logged out becasue I could not sit down or replace my house. Now Starsider is gone again...

Opa
07-07-2003, 04:06 AM
hmm maybe its coming back up :P anyway if I do lose..I am a moncal of my word you will get my house :) But som eone is probly real close to architect in our PA any way so I can replace :P

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 04:07 AM
Everyone likes our bickering and ok yeah if you lose a fair amount of xp or a lot of your stuff is gone then I agree

Opa
07-07-2003, 04:09 AM
no one answered my question..you guys want to make a char on the test server? we can just goof off till SS does come up

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 04:15 AM
I'm afraid to make a new character that my old one will disapear call me weird but I'mjust gonna wait it out

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 04:17 AM
Call it living by superstition, but I will do as well... the same.

Opa
07-07-2003, 04:23 AM
well SS is back up..I jsut cant log in I am rebooting see if that helps

Opa
07-07-2003, 04:28 AM
WOO HOO no rollback for me :D

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 04:39 AM
Is till do not even have name up on the launchpad. I'm starting to freak out here if starsider is up why isn't my character back yet. Gonna get an ulcer I think

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 04:40 AM
Starsider is back up for me now, too. But that arrow still taunts me. I cannot get past connecting to galaxy.

They will have yet another update at 11pm PST. This one was to tell us that the update will be two hours later.:rolleyes:

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Arrow tauntig also tht means if 11pm PST then 1pm Central whichmeans like only 20minutes to play what a joke waited 9 hours for twenty minutes

Deathstalker
07-07-2003, 04:53 AM
OPA you owe me a house I just got on and I had a rollback lost explore 3 , a gun and about 10K and no this was stuff I had before today

Altus_Thrawn
07-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Opa
hmm maybe its coming back up :P anyway if I do lose..I am a moncal of my word you will get my house :) But som eone is probly real close to architect in our PA any way so I can replace :P

keep dreaming.
I don't know abour Meridian, but I am not grinding for architect, it will take me a couple weeks to be able to build small houses.

Opa
07-07-2003, 01:26 PM
whhaaat??? that much? I lost absolutley nothing had all the exp I had and was even right next to my mission where I was last time :P

and sunshine said nothing extreme happend...

Kyren Valinor
07-07-2003, 01:44 PM
<yawn> Now its 10:37AM EST and still no Starsider. It does say that all servers are up, but still no character. I had the same problem as Sunshine. He came back, but couldn't get into the galaxy :(

Sunshine Badass
07-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Well Starsider just went down again, not 5 minutes ago. I am sad again.

It is gone completely... AGAIN!:( :( :(