PDA

View Full Version : A place to list servers you have been banned from

[fk]mediablitz
07-08-2003, 05:01 AM
Well, I just got banned from this server called Jedi Order Temple. The guy who banned me had been on the server for 163 minutes and had 3 kills. I have no idea what he was doing the whole time. Here are some other servers I was banned from:

DLO (death to lamers order) server
JSA Server
NJA Server
*BS* We Own You Server

I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember their names.

Semicolon
07-08-2003, 05:14 AM
Heh i've never been banned...

Then again I mainly only play on my clan server ;)

shock ~ unnamed
07-08-2003, 05:59 AM
=X=
[div3rse]
both fk
FU!
both grendel
Infinite (euro server, one of our guys is admin now)
sd
[RoC]
|NJS|

Those are basically (give or take a few) the only full force/saber only servers in jk2 I'm not banned from (not counting most Euro servers I never go to because of ping).

And to be honest can any of you who play say you've encountered good players on any other server than those?

I can't.

btw *BS* is pretty much up there with M0H/SiN in terms of trophy ownage.

I've tried countless time (as have other clans) to get their members in any sort of match but they won't take.

I used to go in *BS* and just beat the hell out of Paddy (their main admin) even while he was empowered.

I would gk him constantly so they disable grip.

I start going in as a light so he can't grip me while empowered then they disable absorb.

Mr.Joshua
07-08-2003, 06:52 AM
LMAO. I on the other hand am banned from =X= for, shall we say, differences of opinion, with half their clan. LOL.

I'd have to go through ASE and check all the FFA's to see which one's I'm banned from. Last time I checked I know I was banned from jk2files.com server for beating the crap out of Crangbor when he was an empowered admin. ROFL.

BTW - UJ, my name color better now? LOL.

Semicolon
07-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Yep nice and red now :D

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-08-2003, 10:59 AM
It's been a while since I've been banned in JO. In America's Army it's 5 all clan servers and in Black Hawk Down it's 12 :eek: Some people just don't understand the basic laws of physics like we do :D

Here's a few that got them angry :)

http://www.theraa.com/img/shot/DF08.gif

http://www.theraa.com/img/shot/DF07.gif

http://www.theraa.com/img/shot/WC10.gif

Semicolon
07-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Nice scores :)

griff38
07-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Got kicked off the POT clan server 68.9.79.27 in about 5 minutes today.

They seemed to think rocket homing mode, dodging sniper shots and mindkicking off the Bespin platform are "lame"?"

Before I played I spectated to make sure no one was just chatting or whatever, everything was fine till I took the lead.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused

Agen
07-08-2003, 05:14 PM
I've been banned from
DLO (for ground killing :S)
Darkside duel servers (for notk icking a guy with a slighty bad ping)

That's about it, i never usually get on people's nerves that often.
The Darkside servers were stupid but... I kept winning then i refused to vote kick a guy with a ping of 170. So because no-one could beat me (for vote kicking) they got an admin to ban me with osme other made up reasons :p

Semicolon
07-09-2003, 06:59 AM
Do you guys actaully enjoy being banned? Are you proud of that? I see no reason to be...

Tosh_UK
07-09-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Semicolon
Do you guys actaully enjoy being banned? Are you proud of that? I see no reason to be...

I think its more to do with they cant beat them so they Ban them... thats what they most prob proud of.. plus going and getting on some lame clan nervs to. to many players cry wolf in servers so you can find your self a ban quick.

griff38
07-09-2003, 09:06 AM

NO I hate it, but it does seem to be an indicator if how serious and competitive you are about gameplay. The less you talk, The harder you play, the more likely you are to get banned these days.

Semicolon
07-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by griff38
NO I hate it, but it does seem to be an indicator if how serious and competitive you are about gameplay. The less you talk, The harder you play, the more likely you are to get banned these days.

Hey! That rhymed!

But yeah when i go to servers...I don't try to be banned, I just play...

Tosh_UK
07-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Hey! That rhymed!

But yeah when i go to servers...I don't try to be banned, I just play...

yea but some of these guys above are VERY good and get banned for doing nothing but playing, got to a point that they had more fun trying to get banned, making demos of arse lamed admins. than it was just to try play and not get banned.

shock ~ unnamed
07-09-2003, 10:06 AM
The less you talk, The harder you play, the more likely you are to get banned these days.

damn mother******* straight.

btw scratch [RoC] off the list of non saber noobie servers.

Flipmode (a.k.a. pada from our server) is a nice guy but his admins go ballistic with the lamer/empower/admin nonsense.

I was hoping once they got a dedicated server it would not turn into one of those but it looks like it has.

:(

Semicolon
07-09-2003, 10:15 AM
I see...So they are banned becuz the server admins are worse than they are and the admins get jealous and ban them?

lllKyNeSlll
07-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Only servers I am banned from is oE and SD. But this was a while ago and my ip isn't static so its technically impossible to ban me without banning my CD key (like in other games) because it takes only about 10 seconds to switch up ip's.

shock ~ unnamed
07-09-2003, 10:38 AM
The reason we get banned and not just kicked is we donít sit there and take that crap because we donít have to. Other players may not be able to handle an empowered admin or a server full of 8-10 people trying to gang up on them but we can, do and that pisses them off when we turn around and give them as much hell as they thought they could give us.

Basically it comes down to that more or less but take what just happened to me on the [RoC] server.

This is a common sight on any server really.

You always have people who for what ever reason, feel they can stand in the middle of a ffa and the people who are playing *must go out of their way to avoid them.

Now let's not even consider the fact that it's rude as hell to /amsit /amstand in the middle of a fight and make the people playing have to be obstructed by you.

But anyways we were playing a ffa and I was doing level 3 speed+level 3 rage dfa's to rack up kills. If you've ever used speed 3 + rage 3 you know it's incredibly fast and controlling your shots is not exactly easy.

Well one of their members did not happen to think that the guy flying through the air at 200mph with a saber may just kill her if she stands in the middle of the ffa.

Sure enough she stands there like an idiot watching and sure enough I slice her in 1/2.

/slapped and the usual lamer, blah blah bull****.

Then after that I go back to playing ffa but I notice that a few of their members are hovering at my back side, saber down and all just ďwatchingĒ.

Sure enough as usual the second they think they can jump you from behind they grip you or try to dfa you.

After a while I get sick of this so I just start killing anything and everything that comes near me because I know damn well they are going to take a cheap shot the second I turn my back.

Then comes the sleep/kick but first I get the usual Iím a noob, I suck, Iím a gay lamer, blah blah. Never mind the fact that not one of them could kill me even when they try to creep up, Iím still the noob so I must be punished.

Tosh_UK
07-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed
The reason we get banned and not just kicked is we donít sit there and take that crap because we donít have to. Other players may not be able to handle an empowered admin or a server full of 8-10 people trying to gang up on them but we can, do and that pisses them off when we turn around and give them as much hell as they thought they could give us.

Basically it comes down to that more or less but take what just happened to me on the [RoC] server.

This is a common sight on any server really.

You always have people who for what ever reason, feel they can stand in the middle of a ffa and the people who are playing *must go out of their way to avoid them.

Now let's not even consider the fact that it's rude as hell to /amsit /amstand in the middle of a fight and make the people playing have to be obstructed by you.

But anyways we were playing a ffa and I was doing level 3 speed+level 3 rage dfa's to rack up kills. If you've ever used speed 3 + rage 3 you know it's incredibly fast and controlling your shots is not exactly easy.

Well one of their members did not happen to think that the guy flying through the air at 200mph with a saber may just kill her if she stands in the middle of the ffa.

Sure enough she stands there like an idiot watching and sure enough I slice her in 1/2.

/slapped and the usual lamer, blah blah bull****.

Then after that I go back to playing ffa but I notice that a few of their members are hovering at my back side, saber down and all just ďwatchingĒ.

Sure enough as usual the second they think they can jump you from behind they grip you or try to dfa you.

After a while I get sick of this so I just start killing anything and everything that comes near me because I know damn well they are going to take a cheap shot the second I turn my back.

Then comes the sleep/kick but first I get the usual Iím a noob, I suck, Iím a gay lamer, blah blah. Never mind the fact that not one of them could kill me even when they try to creep up, Iím still the noob so I must be punished.

I get called a noob/chat killer in CTF the guy is standing in are bace trying to have a flame at some one.... yea of corse i going to leave him standing there chating... NOT and in CTF dont have time to wait for him to STFU to kill him. best one i saw was saber dowm = peace in a CTF... at first we thought it was a lamer just doing it for kicks... but after a wilewe relised he was being strait up about it... i think both sides stop doing what there was doing and spamed hahahahahah in chat.

[fk]mediablitz
07-09-2003, 03:57 PM
me and a few buddies were trying to get a scrimmage the other night. Several servers kicked us just for offering their clan a srimmage.

Rumor
07-09-2003, 05:04 PM
=X=
[div3rse]
both fk
FU!
both grendel
Infinite (euro server, one of our guys is admin now)
sd
[RoC]
|NJS|

Those are basically (give or take a few) the only full force/saber only servers in jk2 I'm not banned from (not counting most Euro servers I never go to because of ping).

And to be honest can any of you who play say you've encountered good players on any other server than those?

I can't.

btw *BS* is pretty much up there with M0H/SiN in terms of trophy ownage.

I've tried countless time (as have other clans) to get their members in any sort of match but they won't take.

I used to go in *BS* and just beat the hell out of Paddy (their main admin) even while he was empowered.

I would gk him constantly so they disable grip.

I start going in as a light so he can't grip me while empowered then they disable absorb.

i've been banned by all servers that:

1. have no maxping
2. are not in that list
3. ones that i've never connected to

tho i have a dynamic ip so that is no biggie. i just wait 10 minutes and go back in when i sign off and back in.

yolkboy
07-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Hehe, I don't think I'm banned from any server yet. How do I check? I've been kicked many times though. I hate that vague, "Server has disconnected" message. Hmmm and I wonder why it happens almost everytime I'm winning?

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-09-2003, 08:45 PM

Good point

I don't enjoy getting banned. Actually to a small degree I get a little pissed. I've never cheated in any game (I find it dishonorable) and I never will. The whole idea behind our clan is to play fierce and have fun.

With that in mind when our clan plays a game (any game) we play to win. We practice tactics that will help us as a team. We also try not to give people that "holier than thou" or "we're ganging up on you" mentality. To me that's not very fun. When we join a server we want people to say "Hey guys. These guys are cool" and "Long time no see" stuff like that.

Since we try our best to stay sharp, sometimes we'll play on a server where everybody else doesn't understand. Some people claim to be the "greatest l337-Jedi to have ever played" and that's fine and dandy. Whatever floats your boat. To those people I say this: don't get mad if you get slaughtered by a person/people that actually use tactics. It is possible that you are getting "owned" by people that are not cheating/hacking. You probably only know a certain number of skills and think that's enough. Well, don't kick us if we prove you wrong. :cool:

Lil Killa
07-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Why don't u guys just stop playing on clan servers? They aparantly are th ones your getting banned from cause half the noob clans out there think there all that and want to keep it thatway by banning people that are better than them. I go to public serves like jolt and a few others (mainly non clan) although i do go to [sash]'s jolt server.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Lil_Killa
Why don't u guys just stop playing on clan servers? They aparantly are th ones your getting banned from cause half the noob clans out there think there all that and want to keep it thatway by banning people that are better than them. I go to public serves like jolt and a few others (mainly non clan) although i do go to [sash]'s jolt server.

I usually get kicked from small servers where it's usally a guy and his buddies who decided to run them. I don't blame some people for not loving clans on their servers, but they are public. Private server = password :rolleyes:

And I'm not talking about JO. I get kicked maybe once a month now (because I don't play as well now) but on games like Black Hawk Down, I get banned about 1 - 3 times a week. It's not something I'm not proud nor ashamed of it, it just lets me know that some people don't like getting owned. :D

shock ~ unnamed
07-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Clan servers have nothing to do with it.

jk2files.com is not a clan, nor are many of the public servers where people will constantly try to vote players off or cry to an admin to have them kicked.

I don't know how many times I've gone into our clan server and I have noobs crying about lamers and nonsense like that.

The whole "Jedi honor everyone is a gay lamer please admin put him to sleep" mentality is the problem and that's what we have been making fun of.

Look at the comments we make about these demos we are posting. No one is saying "lol the noob can't kick worth a damn".

We are laughing at the things they say like "my saber was down you forfeit the match".

That crap ruined ffa in jk2. People got sick of it and didn't want to be around it and left. In turn a lot of us who still do enjoy the game are left with no one to actually *play it with/against.

So if our "laming" is ruining people's fun now, oh well what comes around goes around.

Mr.Joshua
07-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Not to mention that these are the sorriest excuses for "clans" that I've ever seen.

[fk]mediablitz
07-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Yes, I do enjoy being banned.

mr2turbo
07-10-2003, 04:50 AM
theres nothing wrong with going into a server with the intention of getting banned. i do it all the time. its quite entertaining actually. sometimes after playin a few games of ctf i like to take a little break and go into those nf so servers and mess with the admins. i too especially like the *BS* server. those guys suck so bad. one time paddy kept teleporting me to the far side of bespin where he had a bunch of trip mines out and some stormtrooper npcs firing away. well one of the times i caught one of his clanmates with a side kick and pushed him into the mines which proceeded to blow up and kill him, paddy, and a few of the stormtroopers. it was quite the site. also, since you guys are so anti-emote that you probably havn't noticed that on some servers (depends on the admin mod) if you are in an emote pose such as amsit/amwait admin commands like slap/sleep/punish will not affect you. ghosting really pisses them off too....

shock ~ unnamed
07-10-2003, 07:13 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

ok I know the emotes will make you immune to all but kick or saber throw damage but sleep/slap too?

I can usually tell when I'm about to get one (kill an admin and chat box pops up over corpse) so I just go into the emote?

Do you get slept when you turn it off or does going in to the emote nullify it until he presses it again?

also wtf is ghosting?

Tosh_UK
07-10-2003, 08:22 AM

ok I know the emotes will make you immune to all but kick or saber throw damage but sleep/slap too?

I can usually tell when I'm about to get one (kill an admin and chat box pops up over corpse) so I just go into the emote?

Do you get slept when you turn it off or does going in to the emote nullify it until he presses it again?

also wtf is ghosting?
thats got you intrested

Neko Lain
07-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Oh, to many, hehe:cool:

mr2turbo
07-10-2003, 03:38 PM

kicks and saber throw will hurt you when your in an emote position. its something with the ?lower waist?. i just loaded up a server running jedi academy 1.3 admin mod. i used /amsit and tested slap, sleep and punish. when i got slapped it made my character go into a funny position a little but for the most part i am still comfortably amsitting. as soon as i exit the emote however, i fly off into the air just like getting slapped but to a lesser degree. the more slaps i take while in the emote postition, the higher the recoil will be when i exit amsit. now while testing sleep and punish....guess what kids....absolutely nothing. the message appears on the screen, but then i just exit amsit and im find running around just like normal. now i don't know if this is just a problem with jedi academy or all admin mods or what. im gonna see if i can do some further testing and demo it.

edit (misread UJs post): explode, and teleport WILL affect you even if your in an emote. according to my testing, sleep and punish will not, and slap only after you exit emote.

thats exactly what i try to do. this is the thing, i got this game like 2 months ago from a friend who burned me a copy. and since we all know its pretty much dead, i have spent my fair share of time laming and doing everything i can to be the best lamer i can be. hahaa that sounded so lame but i dont care, laming is fun to me. so after i pwn the admin, i usually run off to hide and go into an emote as soon as possible.

also wtf is ghosting?

its a exploit that lets you damage people from spectate mode. im not gonna go into details of how to do it because it shouldnt be posted here and i dont exactly know how to do perfectly. don't stress it tho, it gets old real quick.

lllKyNeSlll
07-10-2003, 03:50 PM
the slap recoil thing seems to be the same as the grip glitch. The more you jump the more damage comes out. But it doesn't show until the grip ends.

mr2turbo
07-10-2003, 06:01 PM
kynes thats pretty interesting, i recall seeing that same sort of effect with grip too...weird.

Mr.Joshua
07-10-2003, 06:34 PM
HAHAHAH ok, Idea for late night tonight. Everyone meet in our IRC channel. We'll all bind /amsit to a key. Then we'll go laming in a server. Lame, amsit, lame, amsit, lame, amsit....hahahah.

griff38
07-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Joshua
HAHAHAH ok, Idea for late night tonight. Everyone meet in our IRC channel. We'll all bind /amsit to a key. Then we'll go laming in a server. Lame, amsit, lame, amsit, lame, amsit....hahahah.

Here? #jediknight on irc.gamesnet.net or does FallenKnights have their own channel?

Originally posted by Break_df

Before I changed ips, I was banned from every FF server on the main listing... no joke... even the shock ~ server. Yes, uj is a bastard.

Well since you don't have a life I guess it's lucky your ips changed. />)

Mr.Joshua
07-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Here? #jediknight on irc.gamesnet.net or does FallenKnights have their own channel?

LOL look at my sig bro

lllKyNeSlll
07-10-2003, 06:56 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/morepranks.shtml
^^famous quotes with soundbard prankcalls. If those guys were in teamspeak or whatever. We should have a quote sound board connected to our mic and just play quotes.

Best ones are the Arnold Swartzeneger ones

yolkboy
07-11-2003, 12:02 AM
I haven't really used IRC before. Should I dl a client? If so which one should I DL?

Lil Killa
07-11-2003, 02:54 AM
the one with ozi is best me thinks

Chris Johnson
07-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Clan servers have nothing to do with it.

jk2files.com is not a clan, nor are many of the public servers where people will constantly try to vote players off or cry to an admin to have them kicked.

I don't know how many times I've gone into our clan server and I have noobs crying about lamers and nonsense like that.

The whole "Jedi honor everyone is a gay lamer please admin put him to sleep" mentality is the problem and that's what we have been making fun of.

Look at the comments we make about these demos we are posting. No one is saying "lol the noob can't kick worth a damn".

We are laughing at the things they say like "my saber was down you forfeit the match".

That crap ruined ffa in jk2. People got sick of it and didn't want to be around it and left. In turn a lot of us who still do enjoy the game are left with no one to actually *play it with/against.

So if our "laming" is ruining people's fun now, oh well what comes around goes around.

Finally... Someone taking the words out of my mouth. I truely agree... Lets hope all this attitude in JK3/Jedi Academy dissolves.

I've been banned from servers before, some I never even joined with people I don't know but other than that, I guess just only one server: jk2files.com

And it's because of the Admin's compassion to the lousy-excuse-for-players' whining about laming and such, and my complaining about their whining about laming that I got banned. I really got sick of their cowardness. Fortunately it was lifted... But then it's a new server technically I guess, it seems the old IP doesen't work. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated over idiots lowering their defenses on purpose, chatting and all... It's JK2IM nowadays, I tell ya... *sigh*

Amidala from Chop Shop
07-12-2003, 06:20 AM

I thought you might like some perspectives on banning from an admins point of view. The Prime Directive on my servers is: "Maximum fun for the maximum amount of people". People who add to the fun are good, people who subtract from the fun are bad. Skilled, talented players can only add to the fun in my opinion. The people who subtract from the fun are usually the mediocre or worse players: the whiners, arguers, trash talkers, suiciders, killtrackers, etc. I can't be on my 3 servers all the time, but I do read the logfiles daily. Every player I have banned has been banned based on what I read in the logfile. They whine, curse, argue, taunt, and generally annoy the hell out of people. Anybody who has their chatbox up that much can't be getting any kills. People like that really stand out in the logfile. They literally hang themselves with their own words. They leave chortling to themselves, thinking they got away with something. I read the logfile that night, and then the next day when they try to join the server they discover they've been banned. Actually, good players who are too busy playing and scoring to chat are the LEAST likely to be banned on my servers. Griff, I've seen you on one of my servers (Chop Shop Disruption), and I hope you know that's true.

As for idiot admins, the best thing to do is let their servers wither away from lack of traffic. I have learned a lot about how NOT to run a server from reading these forums, and on my servers:

1- Voting is disabled so the weak cant kick the strong
2- I have disabled slap, punish, kickban, empower, terminator, and teleport so none of the admins can use them.
3-None of the subadmins can ban a player. Only I have that power, and I do it after dispassionately reading the logfile, not in the heat of the moment, and NEVER because they beat me (I would have to ban everyone if I followed that practice, lol!) As I said before, I usually wasn't even there when they were making an ass of themselves.
4-One of the rules is you have to sit to legally chat. Hopefully this decreases chatting by making it more inconvenient. I make it clear in the MOTD: if you are on your feet you are a legitimate and legal target, saber on or off, chatbox up or not, it doesn't matter. If someone complains they are getting "lamed" too much, they are probably chatting too much and fighting too little. It also avoids the "saber off then stab you in the back after you run by" scam and the throw the chatbox up 1 millisecond after you have already started your attack and then cry "lamer!" accusation. Lamed? Were you sitting? No? Then too bad, it's a legal kill.
Not that I condone cheap killing of the defenseless. Someone who is sabering away ineffectually on someone sitting down, saber off (which gives you some immunity from sabers) is clearly a weak, pathetic person so desperate for kills that they attack the defenseless. People like that are warned and then slept or bunnied if they persist, but not kicked or banned. I don't attack people who clearly aren't fighting, but I don't care if people do it to me. After all, you come back to life 1 second later with 125 health, 25 shields, and a lightsaber in your hands, so what's the big deal?
5-Admins punishing people for beating them is disgusting. If any of my subadmins did that, they would no longer be an admin. I even tell them to ignore insults and taunts. I usually go on my servers undercover with different names and characters, and people have beaten me hundreds of times and called me names. I never punished anyone for that. The only thing I do when someone kills me is say "lol".
6-I have bots on my FFA-CTF server named Whiner and Crybaby who say the following when they die (to shame the whiners):

"Waaa, let me tell you exactly how to fight- no force, no guns, etc."

"Waaa, you can only attack me from the front"

"I hate this map and every other map when I'm losing"

"It's only laggy when I'm losing"

"I whine so much I seem like a real human player"

"I'm only losing cuz I have TOO MUCH SKILL for this server"

"Does anybody have some cheese to go with my whine?"

"Guns are gay when I get shot"

"Everything that kills me is gay"

"Anyone who kills me is a laming whoring cheating noob fag"

(Can you tell I'm tired of all the whining I read every day in the logfiles, lol?!)

Anyway, I am sure there are some other servers out there that aren't run by morons. One of the problems is that people stick to their Favorites list too much and don't check out what else is out there. Even now, there are still new servers starting up. If you get banned from a server run by idiots, aren't you better off? There are plenty of other servers out there, find one that actually appreciates skill and talent.

shock ~ unnamed
07-12-2003, 07:06 AM
wow... speechless.

If only there were more admins like that.

Rules are fine, we have one rule on our server and we adamantly enforce it.

(you /reconnect drop a player in duel mode you get banned).

Everyone is aware of the rule and has been since the day it went into effect. Those that broke it were banned but usually the ban was lifted in a few days and they stopped doing it. The two people who seemed determined to keep doing it are banned to this day.

Never once did any of us feel the need to put them to sleep and screw with them using admin mod commands.

I personally don't understand why any server admin would need any other commands than status/clientkick/addip when dealing with people.

The only command in any admin mod I can say I would like in base jk2 is the silence/mute command (it can get annoying as hell in a server with 12 guys running around using those kill tracker things).

Amidala from Chop Shop
07-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Never once did any of us feel the need to put them to sleep and screw with them using admin mod commands.

I personally don't understand why any server admin would need any other commands than status/clientkick/addip when dealing with people.

The only command in any admin mod I can say I would like in base jk2 is the silence/mute command (it can get annoying as hell in a server with 12 guys running around using those kill tracker things).

You must have much better-behaving players than I do. All of my servers are public. The vast majority of the players are good people, but it takes just one "grief" player to spoil everyone elses' fun. Then the good players leave and the noobs stay, and that's the LAST thing I want happening on my servers, which is why I am ruthless about banning the punks who argue, profanely taunt, commit suicide during Team FFA, etc. I instruct my admins to avoid kicking, because kicked players often just change their name (or don't even bother doing that) and rejoin the server. So the admins have to do SOMETHING to get the punk to leave until I can ban them later, so I teach them to sleep or silence the punk and then ignore them, until the punk gets bored-frustrated and leaves on their own. So we actually use sleep and silence way more than kick, but again only on "grief" players, not winning players, we want more of those. ambunny is supposed to be used the same way, but most of the people who get ambunny are the ones who ASK to be bunnied, because they think it's funny or fun and keep begging the admins for it, lol!

Personally, I think kill trackers are lame, but I tolerate them if they aren't bothering anyone else (of course my bots Whiner and Crybaby have killtracker spoofs. When they enter the game they say:

"Mau'Dae's very annoying and idiotic killtracker on "

If they kill someone, they say:

"<playername>, you are the 2,093,747 person I have killed 43,224 kills have come from you ")

But if someones killtracker is bothering others, the person is asked nicely several times to turn it off, or is silenced if they keep refusing. I have asked my admins to ask players if they will voluntarily be silenced, since the kill trackers still count kills even when the player is silenced. Sometimes a player is getting close to some magic number of kills (like 666) and they want to hit that number on my server because it is easy to get kills (I have seen 13 players make more than 700 total frags in 16 minutes).

So some of those commands ARE useful to maintain the fun, but I have disabled the abusive, demeaning commands like slap and punish.

griff38
07-12-2003, 01:16 PM
AdminAmidala, I love the servers you run. I have never had a single problem on anyone of them.

Admins like you deserve the credit you have earned as much the petty ones deserve bricks thrown at them.

Oh, and since you mentioned one of my favorites what would be involved in upping the play time cycle from 15 minutes to 30? Also the outdoor maps work alot better with that particular game style than ffa_raven & ffa_imperial. Perhaps enable voting so we can switch maps :)

Anyway thanks for your well maintained servers.

Amidala from Chop Shop
07-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks Griff, and it's a pleasure to watch you own and kick ass. The Disruption server is less than a month old, so hopefully more people will hear about it and try it and give you a little more challenge :)

I have made the changes you requested. Timelimit is now 30 and voting is now enabled, although I hope it doesn't mean you start getting voted off for owning too much:) Fraglimit is still 100 because it looks cool to win with triple digits when everyone else has double (or single) digit kills.

I am keeping the two inside maps you mentioned for now because others have said they like them in the logfile. With the exception of ffa_imperial, I tried to pick indoor and outdoor maps that have long unobstructed sightlines so people can make those real long-range kills, even without the sniperscope. But I am ALWAYS interested in feedback about map selection, because I think it is crucial to a fun server. I have changed the map rotation on the FFA-CTF server dozens or maybe even hundreds of times, I've lost count, based on what people say in the logfile. If I see "I hate this map", "me too", "me 2", that map is GONE, no matter how much I may like it. The classic example on the FFA-CTF server is ffa_ns_streets (Nar Shaddaa Streets). I like it, and from your videos I know you like it, but a lot of people really hate it. Once in awhile I'll slip in back into the rotation, but once I start seeing a lot of "I hate this map", I take it out again. "Maximum fun for the maximum number of people" is my rule. But don't worry, that map is the perfect Disruption map!

[fk]mediablitz
07-12-2003, 02:24 PM
oh, I love chop shop disruption. I have it on favorites. good server.

griff38
07-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AdminAmidala
The classic example on the FFA-CTF server is ffa_ns_streets (Nar Shaddaa Streets). I like it, and from your videos I know you like it, but a lot of people really hate it. Once in awhile I'll slip in back into the rotation, but once I start seeing a lot of "I hate this map", I take it out again. "Maximum fun for the maximum number of people" is my rule. But don't worry, that map is the perfect Disruption map!

Yes my favorite map too, hope to see you there! You to FK MB!

lllKyNeSlll
07-12-2003, 04:50 PM
take our password off or give it to me

Rumor
07-12-2003, 05:55 PM
mau is in my clan =/

i did make him integrate the thing where it switches to echo and turning off the messages tho ^^ did the graphix w/ him too

mr2turbo
07-12-2003, 05:56 PM
i just got banned from [RoC]. i went in there and there was the standard noob ffa fest on the streets (ffa_bespin) so put on rage and dfa spammed and got to first place in no time. a bunch of people started complaining the i was laming (as soon as i took out 3 or 4 people in the mayhem, someone would try to run away for force/health/whatever and i would chase em down and dfa em real quick) so about 3 or 4 people started following me around and waiting for me to put on rage and then they would grip/gk me. what was funny is when i reached ~60 kills i noticed like 5 people had switched to rage lol. i disposed of any would be challengers pretty easily except one guy who beat me in a NF duel. anyway so i get to like ~85 kills and everyone just stops fighting. they go to the pad and start talkin about stupid crap or whatnot and i was getting impatient because it was like 4am and i was only 15 kills away from the limit (100). so i run up to the pad after about 20 minutes of standing around waiting for some sort of ffa to develop in the least (i actually went to make a sandwich, come back, watch some tv, check back in and the nearest person to me is about 40 kills behind). so at this point im like screw it and i just rage dfa spam the pad and get about 10 kills in a minute or so. now the whole room is complaining and their best memebers come after me. i killed em all pretty easily and im gking the last one and the admin kicks me (at 99 kills). i thought it was quite funny, im sure they did to. touche to the admin, but i still owned that room hard.

all of this while on AOL 56k in south carolina (~450 ping). lmao.

shock ~ unnamed
07-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by I_dF
the s~ is public too but since its FF DUEL S/O it reduces the amount of people that want to even go to it then i help keep annoying noobs out so there is about a total of 50 people that would even go to it :o

Most people don't play on the level we do either.

How many noobs did you ever see on quakesh1t?

Sure they would stumble in now and then but after 1 round you never saw most of them again.

ffa/ctf is a lot friendlier to a noob even when they are playing against better players because it is not a 1 on 1 competition.

You do annoy a lot of people but the only person who really drove people away from our server was ol22 with his /reconnect dropping all the time.

Khier
07-13-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by mr2turbo
anyway so i get to like ~85 kills and everyone just stops fighting. they go to the pad and start talkin about stupid crap or whatnot and i was getting impatient because it was like 4am and i was only 15 kills away from the limit (100). so i run up to the pad after about 20 minutes of standing around waiting for some sort of ffa to develop in the least

That's one thing that pisses me off. Most servers I have been to these days might have an FFA for about 5 mins then they stop and go to the pad or whatever, and I'm just sort of jumping around waiting for a spark of action, it gets frustrating as hell.

Oh and I found the most pathetic server I have ever been to today, I didn't get banned but I got kicked :p. I can put up with the standard no chatkilling, saber down=peace stuff, but these guys are just pitiful: <|SoV|>Server 64.37.227.137:28070

Amidala from Chop Shop
07-13-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Khier Serakk
That's one thing that pisses me off. Most servers I have been to these days might have an FFA for about 5 mins then they stop and go to the pad or whatever, and I'm just sort of jumping around waiting for a spark of action, it gets frustrating as hell.

Here is a recent final score on my FFA-CTF server. The map was duel_temple, timelimit 16, fraglimit 100, and the fraglimit was hit first. And this was a FFA game, not CTF, so those are all frags, not CTF points. Add up the total kills for all players and you get 742 frags in less than 16 minutes. As you might imagine, there was no chatting, RPGing, or emoting going on.

57:21 Exit: Kill limit hit.
57:21 score: 100 ping: 68 client: 8 Ergo
57:21 score: 82 ping: 102 client: 3 Flyshuu
57:21 score: 74 ping: 56 client: 2 tich
57:21 score: 70 ping: 93 client: 9 ^4Ky^1Le
57:21 score: 64 ping: 154 client: 15 ^4{LS}^7*^1DR^4{^1SA*^4}
57:21 score: 61 ping: 102 client: 14 Lord TwinkleToes
57:21 score: 59 ping: 66 client: 5 ^1A Crazy
57:21 score: 48 ping: 104 client: 13 kem
57:21 score: 46 ping: 92 client: 4 Beanclouds Friend
57:21 score: 45 ping: 104 client: 11 brainsex
57:21 score: 38 ping: 118 client: 10 Bad Juju
57:21 score: 29 ping: 186 client: 6 Demall sol zen
57:21 score: 26 ping: 100 client: 7 Mark81388

Rad Blackrose
07-13-2003, 12:57 PM
its a exploit that lets you damage people from spectate mode. im not gonna go into details of how to do it because it shouldnt be posted here and i dont exactly know how to do perfectly. don't stress it tho, it gets old real quick.

Wrong.

Ghosting is 2 players relaying information back and forth in recon instances in order for both to win, normally one tells the other where a certain person is (of course, this requires one to be in spectator).

The damage trick from spectator is a whole other ballgame, and I'm not sheding light on that either.

EDIT: And I have yet to be banned from a server, just kicked repeatedly. I just got back from vacation... Time to kick it up a notch.

griff38
07-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by AdminAmidala
Here is a recent final score on my FFA-CTF server. The map was duel_temple, timelimit 16, fraglimit 100, and the fraglimit was hit first. 57:21 Exit: Kill limit hit.
57:21 score: 100 ping: 68 client: 8 Ergo

Ha, 16 minutes what a slow poke.

I hit 100 in 12 minutes on that server the other day.............grrrrrrrrr.

[fk]mediablitz
07-17-2003, 05:23 AM
I am also going to use this thread to discuss very stupid servers. I went on this FFA server today called BS 2 WE OWN YOU.

^6*BS*2 ^1We ^5Own ^2You|53ms|66.150.209.6:28070

I noticed that only one force power was removed....absorb. I thought this was funny, so I said "Removed absorb...what newbs..." They were all standing around bespin platform doing nothing. About 8 of them, all BS members. Not even private dueling. Then I said "are you guys roleplaying?" And was kicked. Ah well. I didn't even attack any of them yet.

yolkboy
07-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Heh. I've been on that server... I might have been kicked too :p

Agen
07-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by [fk]mediablitz
I am also going to use this thread to discuss very stupid servers. I went on this FFA server today called BS 2 WE OWN YOU.

^6*BS*2 ^1We ^5Own ^2You|53ms|66.150.209.6:28070

I noticed that only one force power was removed....absorb. I thought this was funny, so I said "Removed absorb...what newbs..." They were all standing around bespin platform doing nothing. About 8 of them, all BS members. Not even private dueling. Then I said "are you guys roleplaying?" And was kicked. Ah well. I didn't even attack any of them yet.
Before jk2 came out BS was only known as bullsh*t :D

Rad Blackrose
07-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Only game I could remember clan *BS* from was Quakeworld Team Fortress, and they kicked ass back then. It's rather sad now that I think about it that the same name now means a bunch of whiny crybabies that can't handle losing.

mr2turbo
07-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
Wrong.

Ghosting is 2 players relaying information back and forth in recon instances in order for both to win, normally one tells the other where a certain person is (of course, this requires one to be in spectator).

The damage trick from spectator is a whole other ballgame, and I'm not sheding light on that either.

oh well whatever. the guy that showed it to me called it ghosting so thats what i assumed it was called.

and *BS* is a great server. they really started the whole abusive admin thing more than any other clan. infact they would just downright lame people sometimes when i used to go in there a few months ago. me and my friend used to go in there and lame all the time to piss paddy and syphalis off, it was great. they usually wouldnt kick us either, they would just try to use admin powers to get us back. they are seriously one of the most pathetic clans in the game, its quite funny.

yolkboy
07-18-2003, 01:18 AM
When playing on a LCD screen - Ghosting also refers to faint images of characters appearing due to the slow reaction time of the Liquid Crystals. :D

Rumor
07-18-2003, 01:42 AM
you have a ghetto LCD. mine's perfect

yolkboy
07-18-2003, 05:27 AM
True, LCD's have gotten extremely better over the years. But I still think a lot have a slight bit of ghosting even if it is very minor. Some don't though, which I'm glad they fixed. What LCD do you have Rumor? I was thinking of buying one that won't ruin my gaming experience. :D

Rumor
07-18-2003, 06:01 AM
i got mine from gateway. it is made by mitsubishi i think. only game that ghosts at all is GTA 3, but then it does on all the monitors i have, crt's too. i assume it was intended, as it only shows up in like the first mission.

CanadianSurfer
07-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Rumor
i got mine from gateway. it is made by mitsubishi i think. only game that ghosts at all is GTA 3, but then it does on all the monitors i have, crt's too. i assume it was intended, as it only shows up in like the first mission.

LCD's are worthless for gaming, flat screen is the way to go. It has 3d imaging and crystal clear depth to it.

FenixDown
07-21-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
I've been banned from
DLO (for ground killing :S)
Darkside duel servers (for notk icking a guy with a slighty bad ping)

That's about it, i never usually get on people's nerves that often.
The Darkside servers were stupid but... I kept winning then i refused to vote kick a guy with a ping of 170. So because no-one could beat me (for vote kicking) they got an admin to ban me with osme other made up reasons :p
ok, i know you're lying about this one becaue i know for a fact that [Darkside] doesn't have vote kicking. never has since 1.02. so stop spreading lies.

yolkboy
07-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by CanadianSurfer
LCD's are worthless for gaming, flat screen is the way to go. It has 3d imaging and crystal clear depth to it.
That's what I heard too. But since I'm off to college, I might not have room for a CRT :( Then again, my LCD might get stolen. :p I actually saw some LCDs with "glass" over the front and it made the image more crisp. I'm not sure what company it was though. I forgot. Sony maybe?

Rumor
07-21-2003, 10:39 PM
mine has glass over it.

grab a 300$$ from a gateway store and ur set

[fk]mediablitz
07-22-2003, 06:16 AM
Yet another to add to the list. That same clan that accused us of having scripts that teleported them 20 feet into a side kick banned me from their TFFA server for "laming" My crime was killing a guy who was mouthing me for no reason while his saber was down. Apparently, as opposed to killing him for calling me a fag, I should have gone to their other server and taddled to an admin to come to their other server to tell him to stop and punish him with admin commands. Their leaders think that their role as server admins is akin to a kindergarten teacher, and that the players are 5 year old kids who need to be taught some weird value system. Their leader also told me that by killing him I was putting myself on the same level....which lead me to wonder about his sanity. Anyone who considers killing a person with their saber down in a video game as bad of an act as calling someone a fag for no reason has some serious issues in my opinion. anyways, their server is called [NT]PowerPlant. All the info can be found under another thread.

Mex
07-25-2003, 03:21 PM
I've been banned from the djc server about 7-10 times. Thats the ONLY server I've been banned from.

[fk]mediablitz
07-26-2003, 12:12 AM
JK2files.net Server. Was banned from there not too long ago for kicking someone repeatedly while they tried to hug me, and talking ****.

Rumor
07-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by FenixDown
ok, i know you're lying about this one becaue i know for a fact that [Darkside] doesn't have vote kicking. never has since 1.02. so stop spreading lies.

notice he said banned.

Kurgan
08-20-2003, 03:46 AM
Many good points raised in this thread. I hate poor sportsmanship, but its always worse when it comes from Admins.
; p

Side
08-20-2003, 04:55 AM
On 1.3,there a server,if u ever lame the admin, he hack u LOL

Atlas
08-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
heh "converting them"

it's hard to break people out of that way of thinking (omg lamer!111).

seems to have worked fine on me :)

62.93.201.86:27003 Home of the Kai, have it at folks, best to go in with a blank name, i was there for hours thanks to it :D

Luc Solar
08-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Home of the Kai? Is that the clan that is friends with clan LOL? "Duels only FFA Bespin"?

Yeah...I went there once. Didn't last long. Very popular server iirc.

I might pop in some day and PLAY THE GAME :eek: :D

Atlas
08-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Home of the Kai? Is that the clan that is friends with clan LOL? "Duels only FFA Bespin"?

Yeah...I went there once. Didn't last long. Very popular server iirc.

I might pop in some day and PLAY THE GAME :eek: :D

I went in once as padawan, and got kicked in under 3 minutes, then i went in with a blank name. I was there for about an hour because there was no rcon admin and either it was a version that didn've have the /amstatus command, or they just didn't know how :)