PDA

View Full Version : SWG Mac version

Jedigamer.5
07-10-2003, 04:52 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/swg4mac/petition.html

I stumbled upon this site recently and realized that I was not alone in wanting this game for Mac. At the time of this writing, 500 people had signed the petition.
This game needs to be ported to the Mac, I know it may not be as financially practicle for Lucasarts but they ported Jedi Outcast! Blizzard makes multiplatform games and they sure havn't gone bankrupt. I know I would buy the game if there was a Mac version. Anyway, If anyone knows the proper channels to contact Aspyr or Macplay or someone else for a port (and Lucasarts of course) Mac gamers would really appreciate it.

UnfrozenCaveman
07-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Yeah, but come on, JKO is just a little different than SWG. Do you realize how much time it would take to port it over to the mac?

Jedigamer.5
07-13-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm not going to pretend to have any real knowledge of how much effort it would take. However, they're porting to Playstation2 and I've heard that is a hard platform to write for. Another thing is, though, since there aren't that many high-profile games for Mac (and almost no MMORPGs) it seems like Galaxies might have a monopoly on the genre, (at least).

Jan Gaarni
07-13-2003, 06:20 PM
I guess it really comes down to, how many actually has a Mac in theri home, and how many of those actually use it to play games. :)

Now, I don't pretend to know any numbers about this, but I get the impression there isn't many compared to PC users. I could very well be wrong though. :)

Xx_Patman_xX
07-14-2003, 01:31 AM
There porting to PS2???

Jedigamer.5
07-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Yeah they are porting to Ps2, seems a little strange, doesn't it?
I checked and Apple has about 4% of the computer market. Most of those users probably use it for video editing and the like (also, have you ever noticed how many times in commercials/ movies they are always using a Mac, wierd, huh?) I don't know how many people actually buy Mac games. But I know I do.:)

Jan Gaarni
07-15-2003, 04:37 PM
It's not that weird. :)

When it comes to editing and stuff, Mac is supreme. ;)

But when it comes to gaming, the PC still holds the title. :p

Jedigamer.5
07-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Yeah i can agree with that, first time topic has gotten so far without someone totally flaming Macs.... :) I think Mac has the hardware potential to be a good gaming platform but .....well, we've been through this before......