PDA

View Full Version : You know...

Sam Fisher
07-12-2003, 12:34 AM
I find it kinda funny how after the store got inflated, there is about 40 posts a day, before now, there was about 100 or so in the jediknightii.net forums. Its like all of the n00bs that were here left once the store went. But I just thought that was intresting. Ah, but at least the natives are still here, to help bring back the life to this place. It should never die.

To any Mod's, if this is considered spam, please feel free to lock it.

Lion275
07-12-2003, 12:41 AM
I'am still here :D

Sam
07-12-2003, 02:37 AM
your not exactly native yet.

:cool:

Sam Fisher
07-12-2003, 02:44 AM
So when do I get native-ized?

Sam
07-12-2003, 02:57 AM
I guess when your still here after a year but thats probably still newbish to the people who registerd in 2000.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-12-2003, 03:05 AM
Sorry, I left :(

PS. I don't consider a person a noob by registration date, only by their additude. :cool:

Lil Killa
07-12-2003, 03:07 AM
I shall never leave although I must say I shall miss the old store:(

El Sitherino
07-12-2003, 03:38 AM
bah the store was crap.
*walks off before shoes are thrown*

Sam
07-12-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by [RAA]-=Chi3f=-

PS. I don't consider a person a noob by registration date, only by their additude. :cool:
n00b and newb are diffrent.

Lil Killa
07-12-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by $am
n00b and newb are diffrent.

Whats the difference?

pbguy1211
07-12-2003, 04:38 AM
apparently a newb is a newbie... a n00b is someone who smurfs, and picks and beats up on newbies and stuff like that.

El Sitherino
07-12-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by pbguy1211
smurfs the smurfs rock especially papa smurf and baby smurf.....

I sense, I've...made a mistake.:o

Skate Boy
07-12-2003, 05:06 AM
I would consider myself a native. Maybe no one else would.:D But I think that if you post here and stick with the swamp no matter what happends, you're a native.

Loki GM
07-12-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by SamFisher
I find it kinda funny how after the store got inflated, there is about 40 posts a day, before now, there was about 100 or so in the jediknightii.net forums. Its like all of the n00bs that were here left once the store went. But I just thought that was intresting. Ah, but at least the natives are still here, to help bring back the life to this place. It should never die.

To any Mod's, if this is considered spam, please feel free to lock it.

did you mean 400 instead of 40

I did notice that we where getting a few more new guys (**** newbis(the word that is)) then usual

Azrael
07-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
the smurfs rock especially papa smurf and baby smurf.....

I sense, I've...made a mistake.:o

:rofl:

Just a little one. Really little. Miniscule, even.:lol:

Agen
07-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by $am
I guess when your still here after a year but thats probably still newbish to the people who registerd in 2000.

Ah yes, but he claims to be a native swampie, Since the swamp was created on May 31st 2001 then a 2000er can't be a native swampie :D

......But he still not native :D

ZBomber
07-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Skate Boy
I would consider myself a native. Maybe no one else would.:D But I think that if you post here and stick with the swamp no matter what happends, you're a native.

I thoguht you left the swamp for awhile. I haden't seen any posts by you for like 2 months in the swamp. :p

I consider anyone who joined after me a newbie. Youz iz all NeewbiessS! :xp:

Father Torque
07-13-2003, 12:08 AM
Hmmmn, maybe its because the FTF was closed. Not to brag or anything. But the FTF was the main source of posting for n00bs. Also a weird fact. A while back in December. We all wanted the noobs and or trolls to go away. Now its come back in our face, and we need them more then ever:) . Come back noobs. Come back:D

Hmmn, maybe if we open the FTF, and hve a different discusion topic in it. Or maybe I can include my new idea for the upcoming mod. Yeah. It would attract noobs since they see a olace that is helpful and has lots of posts. Thn they go in in search of help. And since so many people are there they will go to try and get popular. Im takin this to the top of the staff. I think it would increase the amount of daily posts in the Swamp:)

ZBomber
07-13-2003, 12:47 AM
We need newbs? Well... they could make good coat hangers... :D

Loki GM
07-13-2003, 12:59 AM
hay according to Zbomber im not a newb

anyways I think that we can do without newbs for a while

El Sitherino
07-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Loki GM

anyways I think that we can do without newbs for a while of course you aren't you are a leprechaun.:)

ZBomber
07-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Loki GM

anyways I think that we can do without newbs for a while

Newbs can get on my nerves... Their sentences are always hard to read: (example: yoyo sup yall i was chillin at my cuz's crib. it was does shiz!) Semicolon was the coolest newb we had... shame his post count got reset... :(

XERXES
07-13-2003, 01:18 AM
meh, i only used the store to get a sig image...then forgot about it.

ZBomber
07-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
meh, i only used the store to get a sig image...then forgot about it.

Hehe, you still might be able to get a sig pic, depends on what the admins deciede. ;)

Loki GM
07-13-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
of course you aren't you are a leprechaun.:)

was that actually saposed to mean somehting or was that just spam???

I was called a newb right off the bat when I first came here and I think that it was white dragon that said that

Skate Boy
07-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I thoguht you left the swamp for awhile. I haden't seen any posts by you for like 2 months in the swamp. :p

No. I just didn't post as much. But I've been here since I joined.:D

Captain Wilson
07-14-2003, 08:59 PM
im new , im new! pick me, pick me!
not all the newbies aret bad, some use grammer, grammer god dang :D.
*starts a small rally with signs saying "rights for some newbies, none for others and small flags for all"*
And how long do i have till im not a newbie?

Sam Fisher
07-14-2003, 10:41 PM
And how long do i have till im not a newbie?

I think its a year:(

Lil Killa
07-15-2003, 04:22 AM
I joined in september 2002 so would that make me a newb? I don't consider myslef a newb I mean I speak good grammer most of the time (just don't spell it righ:D) and I help people out on the mapping forums.

BongoBob
07-15-2003, 07:27 AM
I completely agree with skateboy. If you stick with the swamp through thick and thin, no matter what changes happen, you're a native.

PS Is it just me, or did this go from a small notice thread to a serious discussion thread?

leXX
07-15-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by SamFisher

If all they were here for was the store and to spam up the place to get glowy names and sig pics etc, then good riddance.

Sam Fisher
07-15-2003, 12:34 PM
If all they were here for was the store and to spam up the place to get glowy names and sig pics etc, then good riddance.

Aye, the smell of a nice, clean forum. :p

Mex
07-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Farewell thy noobs! We won't miss you! ^_^

KBell
07-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Iam still here :D

When i first registered back in the day, i was on for probly 3 months, but i was pretty much doing editing work in the Editing Forum. Then school started and i couldn't post nearly as much, but i did finish my saber pack :D Anyway, i will be around alot longer since my family got another computer and the Internet connection on it is soo much better than before :p

-BLaCKouT-
07-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'm still here too.
But the whole forum seems on a bit of a downer of late, what with the points system being abused, being scrapped, people gloating at it being scrapped, people moaning at it being scrapped. There just don't seem to be many topics I want to post on over the last week or so.
*sigh*

Anyway, I got a sig pic, I was happy.
I've still got a sig pic, I'm still happy.
The rest doesn't really bother me much.
And I still think you guys are great :D

B.

KBell
07-15-2003, 04:19 PM
And we think your great too Blackout!! :p

anyway, i still find time to post here and EB so everythings on the up-n-up here :D

Lil Killa
07-16-2003, 02:41 AM
Yeah I think getting rid of the store got rid of most of the newbs so I guess since I'm still here I'm a native now? I love the swamp:D I don't care if i'm a native I'll just be a frog:p (hey I'm gonna make my custom title thing that:D)

gt r?
07-16-2003, 03:58 AM
*looks at own's join date*

oldi!! lol but i stop posting for like 4 months

Omikron
07-16-2003, 07:19 AM
I wonder if I'm still a newb, anyone care to say Ay or Nay (Yes or No).

Azrael
07-16-2003, 08:08 AM
Well, if you are, I am, too. 'Course, we probably are with posts like these.:D

Edit: Oh, Christ, my custom title's gone. Now I'm a freaking ewok. How many posts to I need to change that?

Omikron
07-16-2003, 08:33 AM
They have removed the store, so I don't think you can get it back again, though I may be wrong.

Darklighter
07-16-2003, 08:41 AM
You need 1000 posts to get a custom title. Just like it was before the Store.

Oh, and about the newb question...I'll just say, your post count does not define your "newbiness";)

mr. Hutt
07-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
Sorry, I left :(

yoda man!:D

mr. Hutt
07-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
You need 1000 posts to get a custom title. Just like it was before the Store.

Oh, and about the newb question...I'll just say, your post count does not define your "newbiness";)

how newbie am i? (just askin')

Lion275
07-16-2003, 12:34 PM
n00b

lol j/k :D

Sam Fisher
07-16-2003, 12:49 PM
PS. I don't consider a person a noob by registration date, only by their additude.

That's very true, but you are somewhat considered a "noobie" when you first get here. Then once you get maybe 100 posts, you are part of the family :D

Lion275
07-16-2003, 12:50 PM
*cheers* yea you said it brotha

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-16-2003, 03:40 PM
True, but user posts doesn't equal quality members. Some people might be forum veterans and can come to a new place and instantly fit in. Others might have 1000+ posts because of spamming and are no less a newb than when they first registered (2 days earlier, lol).

People who treat people like newbs are the real problem. They probably were picked on (either here or in real life) and just want to vent a little by putting other people down. Bah! What a waste of time. A new guy will look up to people that set good examples.

Forum veterans Spam = new guys spam.
Forum vets set good example = new guys do the same.

PS: A guy with 600+ posts was once flaming a guy with 5 posts calling him an "idiot" and "stfu! You don't know anything about JO" the guy being called a newb was actually a dev on the JO team. The other guy was banned. :eek: :)