PDA

View Full Version : Kotor

Eldritch
07-13-2003, 01:10 PM
This comes out on Tuesday (July 15th), right?

So who else is getting it? I can't wait to play it, personally.

From all the screens and reviews I've read, it should be awesome. Really good voice talent too.

Hellfire Jedi
07-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Yeah, looks REALLY good.

legameboy
07-13-2003, 01:27 PM
It comes out on Xbox the 15th of July, for PC it comes out sometime in October, but yes it should be awesome.

Tesla
07-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Damn to bad the PC one comes out later :(

Well it looks good and i can't wait to play it :)

(Yay!! 400th post :D )

Sam Fisher
07-13-2003, 01:57 PM
It comes out October 15th for PC.

Tesla
07-13-2003, 02:00 PM
It comes out October 15th for PC.

YES!!:D Can't wait !! *adds to calander*
Thanks Sam :)

ZBomber
07-13-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm gonna get it on PC when it comes out.

Originally posted by Tesla Trooper
Damn to bad the PC one comes out later :(

Well it looks good and i can't wait to play it :)

(Yay!! 400th post :D )

(Yay!! 5629th post :p)

Mex
07-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Tesla Trooper
YES!!:D Can't wait !! *adds to calander*
Thanks Sam :)

AHAHAH NICE AVATAR AND SIG! Bo Selecta! I love that show! :lol:

Anyways, I can't wait to play it but in the UK it comes out next month for Xbox.. :(

Sam Fisher
07-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey, NP :D

I'm really excited, I hope its as good as it looks.

legameboy
07-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Hey, it's being made by Bioware, the people who breath eat drink sleep grow and love RPGs! The only thing that could go wrong is Lucasarts rushing it. (Hopefully thats all) :)

ZBomber
07-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by legameboy
Hey, it's being made by Bioware, the people who breath eat drink sleep grow and love RPGs! The only thing that could go wrong is Lucasarts rushing it. (Hopefully thats all) :)

Should still be good thoguh. I can't wait!

*bounces off walls*

Jed
07-14-2003, 01:25 AM
For more info check out StarWarsKnights (http://www.starwarsknights.com/).

[/shamelessplug]

ZBomber
07-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Jedi220
For more info check out StarWarsKnights (http://www.starwarsknights.com/).

[/shamelessplug]

Wow, LF bought www.starwarsknights.com ? I'm sure a lot of peopel wnated that URL... Must'of been bought through the black market :evil3: :p

legameboy
07-14-2003, 01:32 AM
Have you seen the first xbox review of it by unlimited lives, lookin' good!

http://www.unlimitedlives.com/games/abstracts/view_item.php?1057978138

BCanr2d2
07-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Still listed as 29th August on all Australian game sites, and thats been the release date around from around mid-April....

Don't hold your breath for it.....

KBell
07-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Im giddy with excitement, even if it is coming out for the X-Box first. Cant wait to buy it:D

HertogJan
07-14-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm getting more and more excited about KOTOR. You see, I'm not a real RPG fan, Deus Ex was great because it still had lots of action, but Morrowind for example didn't appeal to me. I like the SW setting, so I'll definately dtry KOTOR when it comes to PC... I have the feeling it will be very addictive and, most of all, replayable!!

Pad
07-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Xbox KotOR version should be in US&Canada stores july 16th (official report). There is nothing wrong with that only i dont have an xbox and need to wait a long time before i can play this baby.
For those who have the same problem i can only advice em to go to starwarsknights (http://www.starwarsknights.com) or EchoBase (http://www.echonetwork.net) for some nice rotating movies, reviews, and other goodies ;)

pbguy1211
07-15-2003, 04:20 AM
Wow... the saber fights look pretty cool! I just saw an add on tv today... first one I'd seen. Problem is I dont have an X box... but I also dont want to wait until october for the pc version...
decisions decisions...

Mandalorian54
07-15-2003, 04:48 AM
It's starting to look better than I had origionally thought it to be. And unlike the rpg I thought it to be it looks more active and fun. I'll probably get to play it at my friends house who has an X-box but I will never buy it. I only settle for the best and I'm waiting for JKIII.

mr. Hutt
07-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Oooh breathing rpg, is that a drug? anyway, i'm not buying it (i'm waiting for JA)

legameboy
07-15-2003, 11:10 AM
^^
Have you ever played a RPG? The're great! :D

Eldritch
07-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian54
I only settle for the best and I'm waiting for JKIII.
Then you're going to be waiting for a long, long time.

Jedi Academy is NOT JKIII. JKIII hasn't even been announced formally yet.

Taos
07-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Uh yes, I'll be getting it! :D Though I still have to wait for the pc version this fall .......it'll be worth it though. :D

Originally posted by ZBomber
Wow, LF bought www.starwarsknights.com ? I'm sure a lot of peopel wnated that URL... Must'of been bought through the black market :evil3: :p

Where have you been? It's only been a part of the network for like two years. ;P

mr. Hutt
07-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
Then you're going to be waiting for a long, long time.

Jedi Academy is NOT JKIII. JKIII hasn't even been announced formally yet.

Of course it has, JKIII is the WORKING TITLE

HertogJan
07-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by mr. Hutt
Of course it has, JKIII is the WORKING TITLE

So when you're waiting for JKIII, you're waiting for a working title?? :rolleyes: Accept it: it's called Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, JA for short. And they stated clearly that it's NOT JKIII!!

But we were talking about KOTOR :) I only have a PC, so I'll have to wait till fall then?? :(

mr. Hutt
07-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
So when you're waiting for JKIII, you're waiting for a working title?? :rolleyes: Accept it: it's called Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, JA for short. And they stated clearly that it's NOT JKIII!!

But we were talking about KOTOR :) I only have a PC, so I'll have to wait till fall then?? :(

OMG, for short you can call it JKIII, plus i was defending some1 else, since i wrote JA, also in a interview raven stated that it is, to a certain degree, a sequel.

P.S. : In your face!

leXX
07-15-2003, 05:02 PM
Enough with the JA/JKIII talk. This thread is about KOTOR, so get back on topic.

I had my copy of KOTOR pre-ordered about 4 months ago, but unfortunately I have to wait for the PAL version, which won't be available until the end of August. ='(

This game is gonna seriously ROCK!

Eldritch
07-16-2003, 11:23 AM
My local Circuit City opens in 45 minutes... I'll be nabbing if for the XBox, then have just enough time to play it at home for a few hours before I have work. :D

Sam Fisher
07-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Eldritch
My local Circuit City opens in 45 minutes... I'll be nabbing if for the XBox, then have just enough time to play it at home for a few hours before I have work. :D

Lucky you!

Just don't post spoilers, OK?

Just tell us if its good, like we hoped.

Rogue15
07-16-2003, 12:04 PM
it should better come in the mail today or tomorrow...I'd rather get it today, since i get off of work at 2, and tomorrow don't work til 5.....i can't wait to play it.

Mex
07-16-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
Lucky you!

Just don't post spoilers, OK?

Just tell us if its good, like we hoped.

You expect him to come here when he gets the game? He won't be here for about 3 months.. Then JA comes out... He won't be here for years! :eek:

Lion275
07-16-2003, 12:31 PM
KOTOR what is this KOTOR, oooh yea I remember , Iam getting it soon *preorders Half-Life 2* :D

ET Warrior
07-16-2003, 02:58 PM
So I went to my local Walmart last night at 12 30 and nobody there seemed to understand Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox. I think they had just not yet put it out, but nobody was smart enough to know what I was talking about. Morons.

Lion275
07-16-2003, 03:11 PM
lol, i have had that problem before :D

Sam Fisher
07-16-2003, 03:12 PM
I had that same problem Splinter Cell at my Wal-Mart too, I hate that.

legameboy
07-16-2003, 03:53 PM
That's why you go to Best Buy or Circuit City. (Wait, they aren't open 24/7 are they?) :rolleyes:

ET Warrior
07-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by legameboy
That's why you go to Best Buy or Circuit City. (Wait, they aren't open 24/7 are they?) :rolleyes:

Nor do I have a Circuit City or a Best Buy in my town. We didnt' have Walmart until January.

nearest Best Buy/Circuit City is like......80 miles away.

HertogJan
07-17-2003, 06:28 AM
Hey I don't havy any of those 3 stores where I live... the closest one must be like 15.000 kilometers away :D But ppl at shops here are soooo stupid when it comes to games :rolleyes: That's why I usually order it on the internet, then I have it the day after the release :) That's what I'm going to do with HL2 :D

Oh but please post how the game is, especially the combat system. I really fear it's too slow, I can understand it isn't realtime action, but I want it to be pretty fast :)

Eldritch
07-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Alright guys, I've taken a long enough break from it to say this: it's surpassed all my expectations so far. Simply put, this game rocks.

And I have heard tales of unfortunate people not being able to land a copy of it yesterday. I actually had some trouble myself - ended up going to Electronics Boutique to get it since Circuit City and Best Buy did not have it (nor did they even have any information on it or when it would come out :confused: :eek: ).

But as soon as your local stores carry it, I highly recommend buying it. And for those of you that like to read reviews before buying, Gamespot gave it a 9.1 and IGN gave it a 9.5 (you can easily find those reviews on their respective websites).

Oh and Hertog... it's not real-time action (since it's an RPG) but western rules for RPGs aren't the same as Japanese ones. You can input commands for your characters, but otherwise they're going to fight quickly - the effect when you see it in action is much the same as a real battle (like the movies).

That's all from me. I'm going back to enjoy the game while I can... too bad I have work for the next 4 days in a row. :(