PDA

View Full Version : dreamweaver question

mima kake
07-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Does anybody know how to set the resolution of a background picture in Dreamweaver so that it fits the screen, no matter what resolution you use.
I have the problem that DW repeats the picture.

coupes.
07-13-2003, 11:33 PM
if i remember correctly, there should be a 'repeat' checkbox in the 'properties' pannel besides the bg image field. but i could be wrong since I haven't used it in a while and it's not installed on the pc i'm using right now. I'll check it later tonight to be sure.

also are you using MX?

Tesla
07-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Just a question but whats Dreamweaver ??? :confused:

Lil Killa
07-14-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Tesla Trooper
Just a question but whats Dreamweaver ??? :confused:

It is a program ussed to design and build the graphical parts of a web page. pretty much everything u see. (does not make the pics)

coupes.
07-14-2003, 04:12 AM
it is a web page editor, if you know microsoft frontpage, well it's pretty much the same. It simplifies greatly many aspects of building a website. You can insert images, for example, only by clicking some icons instead of havin to writ the code manually in notepad. So people who don't kno HTML and/or Javascript can use this to make basic, yet good looking, wesites. However if you know your 'stuff' it is a good way to save time and acheive a more professionnal result.

mima kake, to come back to your question well i cannot seem to find a way to acheive this using dreamweaver's options, however you could simply do it wit a CSS, it's pretty easy.

add this between you <head></head> tags:

<style type="text/css">
body { background-image: url("image.gif"); background-repeat: no-repeat }
</style>

mima kake
07-14-2003, 07:48 AM
thanx for the info coupes.
I shall try it out later and have a look if it works.

I don't use Mx yet just dreamweaver and flash 4.0 and photoshop 7.0.

Good enough tools for building a site I reckon.

coupes.
07-14-2003, 03:24 PM
i only asked if you had dreamweaver MX because i use version 4 also and if you had the MX version, which has changed quite a bit, I wouldn't have been able to help you. It tuns out i couldn't even help you dreamwever-wise ;)

note that the code i gave you will not make the bg image change size, it will only make it appear once instead of repeating itself.

Samuel Dravis
07-16-2003, 01:14 AM
I think you can change the size with a style sheet. They allow you to set percentages for width etc. You should check out some sites on it.

coupes.
07-16-2003, 04:05 AM
There's probably a way to do so, but the pictures would get resized and the result wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Still, you'd have to get the client screen's dimensions (not everyone has the same resolution) and change the image's siize consequently. But honestly, i couldn't help you there, my HTML and Javascript is kinda rusty.