PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here post over at www.theforce.net?

Silent_Thunder
07-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Was wondering if anyone here also posted at www.theforce.net forums...

Since I have a question with the registration....

I kept trying to register with www.theforce.net (for a forum account) for 3 days now... using 3 email addresses and countless usernames...

I haven't recieved one confirmation email yet for any of the usernames in any of the accounts. I was just wondering if anyone knew why..? Does it normally take more than three days to recieve an email from them? I assume it is automated... so I would think I would get an email almost immediatly or atleast in 10 minutes after registering. Is theforce.net registration thing down or somethng? Do they not except free email accounts?

Obviously I can't post without the email since it has a password...

BTW, all three email accounts I used were from hotmail... if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks alot... I wanted to make a few posts on their forums but this is getting alittle irritating...

Silent_Thunder
07-14-2003, 09:25 PM
I wish I knew what the deal was...

Mandalorian54
07-15-2003, 10:08 AM
Acctually I had applied for registration there already, but I never got an e-mail from them. Basterds!

Homuncul
07-15-2003, 01:06 PM
I registered just a day ago and all was fine :confused:

Homuncul
07-15-2003, 01:09 PM
BTW I used free Hotmail account

Silent_Thunder
07-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Hmm... Hmm...

Thanks for the replies guys...

So it looks like I'm not the only one with registration problems...

And I still haven't recieved any email from them... I also made a new hotmail account yesterday and tried to sign up... still no email in any of the accounts.

I wonder... is it possible that somehow the registration program knows if it has sent an email to the registratees IP address before? Because I once registered with them a long time ago... Using a hotmail account, but has since then forgot the username and password... But I'm doing everything the same now and yet I can't get it... I wonder if it could be the problem.

Anyways, I'll check out that free email service they have... that might be the key. Thanks for finding that link for me :).

That's too bad your experiances with the forum haven't been too good... I personally just wanted to give my opinion on a few things, since I've been reading thier forums for awhile...

Anway, thanks for the help everyone :).

•-BLaCKouT-•
07-15-2003, 07:44 PM
I don't really post over there much these days. I'll probably start hanging out there again come 2005, but in the meanwhile: Yea, there's a few too many people there in the forums I usually post in.

Mind youI registered with them in '99 so I can't remember if I had problems with them or not. I don't think so, 'cos I'd probably just have given up. :p

B.

Silent_Thunder
07-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Woohoo, you were right Chase Window... I signed up with their free email service and got a confirmation email in 2 minutes...

Now I just need to post over there and see if all the effort was worth it ;)

legameboy
07-15-2003, 09:00 PM
This is the only home for me......... :D

Agen
07-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Never treid, never will :D I'm fine right here polluting all you inferiorss with spoon preaching :cool:

ZBomber
07-15-2003, 10:31 PM
I don't care about the force.net, or wahtever. I go to eboguh forums already ;)