PDA

View Full Version : best Rock scream?

XERXES
07-16-2003, 02:31 AM
This is sort of a contest but theres no prize, its purely for fun and enjoyment. The idea is that everybody will post a rock song that they believe has the best scream/yell/howl or something along those lines. If you have never heard of a listed scream song then you should aquire it somehow by legal means :rolleyes: :D

well here is mine.

Careful With That Axe, Eugene by Pink Floyd

after a while, when everybody has heard all the screams we can make another thread with a poll and vote? :D:confused:

El Sitherino
07-16-2003, 02:57 AM
any AFI song.

XERXES
07-16-2003, 03:05 AM
well, I really mean an individual scream...I know a lot of bands scream every lyric at the top of their lungs (seems silly to me) but seriously...I want an individual song with an individual scream that stands out.

Darth Eggplant
07-16-2003, 03:07 AM
I think the scream in total silence as you look at the wall at the end of pink floyd's the wall is pretty scary, always gets people to jump, even when they know it's coming

pbguy1211
07-16-2003, 03:21 AM
The 2 bands in recent memory who's lead singers have impressed me are the dude from Jimmy Eat World and the chick with the short dark hair from TATU. In The Sweetness that dude just wails and is impressive... and the chick from TATU just has some serious pipes on her. And she's tiny too...
But my favorite singer is probably Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle fame. He has a very impressive and unique voice. He has a lot of songs you could chose from.

El Sitherino
07-16-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
well, I really mean an individual scream...I know a lot of bands scream every lyric at the top of their lungs (seems silly to me) but seriously...I want an individual song with an individual scream that stands out. they don't scream every word.

XERXES
07-16-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
they don't scream every word. I dont listen to them, but since you said "any AFI song" I assumed so.

PBguy1211, how boutcha pick a tool song with a nice scream?? I like the one in the begening of H.

BawBag™
07-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Limp Bizkits' cover of 'Faith':

Gotta have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttthhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! WAH! HUH! YEAH!

Thats quite a scream......;)

BCanr2d2
07-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Axl Rose was a screamer from way back. The beginning of Welcome to the Jungle, the live version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door, and most of the faster songs they did....

obi
07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Well, I don't perfer screaming into a mic, because that's just ridiculous. My 2 year old cousin can do that, and he isn't rich and famous.

However, I think that Chris Cornell of Audioslave's voice is awesome, and when he "lifts" his voice in any of his songs, it's just awesome.

BCanr2d2
07-16-2003, 12:20 PM
Here's one for all those Aussies - Jimmy Barnes - any song he does, he just yells as loud as possible!!!

ZBomber
07-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Ahem....

*points to avatar*

Aeromsith, Dream On. :)

Captain Wilson
07-17-2003, 09:27 PM
many slipknot songs, but the best is 'get this or die'

What?

•-BLaCKouT-•
07-18-2003, 02:38 AM
The Forest Whispers My Name by Cradle of Filth.

:D B.

toms
07-18-2003, 12:24 PM
most Led Zeppelin songs... although Babe Im Gonna Leave You and Dazed and Confused spring to mind.

That is if you want cool screams that add to the song rather than mindless Slipknot grunts... :D

Captain Wilson
07-18-2003, 07:58 PM
there not grunts :p,
also korn- blind has a few good screams

pbguy1211
07-18-2003, 08:34 PM
How about Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd... Roger Watters yells a lot in that one!

legameboy
07-19-2003, 01:30 AM
I don't listen to rock, but I could tell you the best bagpipe tune!!! *runs and hides* :)

ZBomber
07-19-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by legameboy
I don't listen to rock, but I could tell you the best bagpipe tune!!! *runs and hides* :)

I don't believe my ears. Go turn on your radio, find the rock station, then reply sayign Aerosmith, Dream On. :D

legameboy
07-19-2003, 02:10 AM
No! I refuse, I've grown a taste for classical music. I do listen to They Might Be Giants if that counts, hehe :). I've almost been shunned in 7th for liking classical though... lol.

mercatfat
07-19-2003, 02:27 AM
Queen of the Stone Age's Josh Homme on You Say I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like a Millionaire.

The only screamo song I don't hate. Amaze.

pbguy1211
07-19-2003, 03:33 AM
Steven Tyler probably has the MOST howling songs! :D

acdcfanbill
07-19-2003, 05:04 AM
IMHO, no one screams quite like or as well as Phil Anselmo. plus he can sing quite well too, Cemetary Gates has him doing great at both. oh, probably for those who dont know, he sang for PanterA, when they were together :mad:

pbguy1211
07-19-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
IMHO, no one screams quite like or as well as Phil Anselmo.
Pardon my ignorance... but who's he?

ZBomber
07-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by pbguy1211
Steven Tyler probably has the MOST howling songs! :D

Thank You. For saying that, you get a cookie.:D

XERXES
07-19-2003, 08:12 PM
slipknot?! wtf.

*sigh* well I tried, the thread failed miserably, theres some good suggestions though. I still think my Floyd song has the best scream of any other Floyd song though :D listen for yourself.

Pardon my ignorance... but who's he? just so you know, he said who he was in the next sentence :p

pbguy1211
07-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Thank You. For saying that, you get a cookie.:D
mmmmmmm... cookies....

XERXES
just so you know, he said who he was in the next sentence

Okay, now that I feel completely stupid... I think I'll WALK away so I don't lose anymore RESPECT! Yeah, that's it... RE-SPECT, WALK , whaddaya say? ;)

Thrackan Solo
07-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Jim Morrison has some good yells in some songs, hes got a great voice just a little weird at times.

XERXES
07-20-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by pbguy1211

Okay, now that I feel completely stupid... I think I'll WALK away so I don't lose anymore RESPECT! Yeah, that's it... RE-SPECT, WALK , whaddaya say? ;) talk to the hand[/arnold schwarzenegger from T3] :D

acdcfanbill
07-20-2003, 05:37 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
IMHO, no one screams quite like or as well as Phil Anselmo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pardon my ignorance... but who's he?

oh, probably for those who dont know, he sang for PanterA, when they were together

:D

StormHammer
07-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Eddie Winters' version of Tobacco Road has a good 'scream' which seems to just go on and on. That guy must have air-bags for lungs...

Bilbo Skywalker
07-20-2003, 03:42 PM
check out the scream in 'she' by green day, right before the instrumental bridge in the song (middle-ish) its well cool. :)

The Truthful Liar
07-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Well, I don't perfer screaming into a mic, because that's just ridiculous. My 2 year old cousin can do that, and he isn't rich and famous.

However, I think that Chris Cornell of Audioslave's voice is awesome, and when he "lifts" his voice in any of his songs, it's just awesome.

Agreed. Especially in Cochise, ooh yeah. :cool:

Jedi wannabe
07-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Serj Tankian (System of a Down) In Prison song and many others and Chris Cornell (Audioslave) are the best.