PDA

View Full Version : why oh god why


cloud nyne
07-16-2003, 08:09 PM
its july 16! I run down to EB Games with my pre order for KOTOR and to my suprise the shipment isnt in yet. Someone consloe me:fett:

Jedi Apprentice
07-16-2003, 08:18 PM
*consoles* :rolleyes:

Sorry bud, more than half of the people here are having to wait til tomorrow.

We will live, you will live. It will be O.K. :)

*wishes he could close the whiny thread*

Eets
07-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Oh you big baby!

At least you don't have to wait until Fall :P

Boba Rhett
07-17-2003, 04:17 AM
I get mine in less than 12 hours. :)

Jedi Apprentice
07-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I get mine in less than 12 hours. :)

*stands next to Rhett*

*gets flogged*

Yeah, I should be recieving the call from gamestop anytime soon telling me that they have the game waiting in there hands ready for me.

Today's the day for me!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Please excuse the smilies.

Young David
07-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Still waiting for the gamecube version ...

Well ... there SHOULD be a gamecube version ...

...

Waiting for the pc version then

Sam Fisher
07-17-2003, 01:44 PM
I have to wait for the PC version. Its going to be long.

boinga1
07-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Raaar...
STUPID X-BOXERS WHINING ABOUT A ONE DAY WAIT!!! I HAVE TO WAIT AS MUCH AS FOUR MONTHS, AND YOU'RE COMPLAING ABOUT A DAY!!! THERE'S MORE TO THIS WORLD THAN YOU, YOU KNOW.




Yes, I'm sorry you have to wait. I don't have mine yet either. Here's a tissue.

Dark Sad Shadow
07-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
I have to wait for the PC version. Its going to be long.

me too...


@young david: i know!!! i want a cube version could be great!!!

the only problem i see is the control ya know a lot of keys

:confused:

Taos
07-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Eets
Oh you big baby!

At least you don't have to wait until Fall :P

:wstupid:

:D

StarScream423
07-18-2003, 04:41 AM
Hey, I have to wait at least 2 more days! :rolleyes:


:D

Mex
07-18-2003, 08:40 AM
I have to wait 1 month. x.x

Rogue15
07-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I get mine in less than 12 hours. :)

!!!!!!!! that's no ****ing fair, considering i preordered before you.....so help me god if i don't get the game in the mail today. :mad: :mad: :mad:

leXX
07-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Some people don't realise just how lucky they are. :rolleyes:

Rogue15
07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
yeah, yeah, but still....

Jedi Apprentice
07-19-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by leXX
Some people don't realise just how lucky they are. :rolleyes:

*cough* Some people are. *cough*

Trust me, I know good and well how lucky I am. ;)

Young David
07-19-2003, 07:27 AM
There's a thing I learned ...

Never pre-order

I'll take the ep1 dvd for example. I got it the evening before it's release. I went to some shops and asked if they already had it, they didn't ... but one of them said they were expecting it later that day ... just before closing time I had the dvd even before the US.

The LotR DVD was too early in a local store by accident. I discoverderd it ... I could buy it if I kept my mouth shut. So I had it half a week before it's official release.

Only exception is my N64 wich I pre-ordered. The shop owner had it early and I bought it the night before it's release.

I've worked at one of Netherlands' biggest on-line warehouses (Wehkamp) and with products like this they ship it the night before it's release ... wich means you get it during the day of it's release ... can be late, can be early ...

When you get up early you can go to the store and buy it. Changes are big (at least in the nl) they have it. You can go home and play half a day before your pre-order friends have it.

oh well ... still a long wait before the pc version ...

Jed
07-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Young David
There's a thing I learned ...

Never pre-order

I'll take the ep1 dvd for example. I got it the evening before it's release. I went to some shops and asked if they already had it, they didn't ... but one of them said they were expecting it later that day ... just before closing time I had the dvd even before the US.

The LotR DVD was too early in a local store by accident. I discoverderd it ... I could buy it if I kept my mouth shut. So I had it half a week before it's official release.

Only exception is my N64 wich I pre-ordered. The shop owner had it early and I bought it the night before it's release.

I've worked at one of Netherlands' biggest on-line warehouses (Wehkamp) and with products like this they ship it the night before it's release ... wich means you get it during the day of it's release ... can be late, can be early ...

When you get up early you can go to the store and buy it. Changes are big (at least in the nl) they have it. You can go home and play half a day before your pre-order friends have it.

oh well ... still a long wait before the pc version ...

I know what you mean...join us over here...the people who will wait for the PC version.

*motions towards lounge with lots and lots of coffee* :D

Jedi Apprentice
07-20-2003, 01:53 AM
220, can I have some coffee also?

Ya know, those late night KoTOR gaming sessions can really pull it out of you.

:p

Redwing
07-20-2003, 10:17 AM
JA = A bastard. :D

R15: I still hate you. :D ;)

Jedi Apprentice
07-20-2003, 12:41 PM
Me? Why me?

What have I ever done before? :(

..................................

*eases the sting of Redwing's words with more KoTOR* ;P

STTCT
07-21-2003, 10:53 AM
I don't preorder for the exact reasons YD said. It just doesn't pay. If you find a store that is open early or what have you...you will more than likely get your copy before Pre-order people do. I could understand if there was a limited edition of something but really, my fiance works for a big retail store. I just say get this before you leave and he does. Now with Ep2, I reminded him a million time s to get it. He forgot it and drove to a diff store just to get it. There were plenty of them. Besides. If you don't pre-order you can take advantages of special sales and give-aways that some stores don't advertise till the day its out.

Hannibal
07-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Pre-ordering is ridiculous, here's why:

I heard about people bragging that they put their order in in Jan and Feb. I put mine in July 15th and got the game on the morning of the 17th. Some of those pre-order people still hadn't got there's.
It's kind of like with JK:O. Some who preordered it were waiting for their copy when I just rode to a the store and bought it.

Pre-ordering just isn't worth it.

StarScream423
07-22-2003, 05:09 PM
I always pre-order games just so I know I can get it, but even then, if someone says that they see the game elsewhere and I still have my 5$ down on the game, I go get the game elsewhere, I may cancel my order, I don't care, 5$ is usually worth playing the game a day earlier. Depending on the game of course.

Dark Sad Shadow
07-22-2003, 07:44 PM
my ex brother in law and I preordered Kotor, and guess what .... :(

wanting_info
07-25-2003, 06:53 AM
what? what happens next?! I HATE CLIFF HANGER STORIES!
... im dead serious what happend?

Clefo
07-31-2003, 09:43 PM
I pre-order because I don't have the means to go out and buy it at the store :D

Barring me like winning an X-Box in a contest, I'll go the PC route and wait till god knows when it is.

*sits and waits patiently*

Jedi Apprentice
08-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Well, I think we ran the poor guy off.

*checks box on his to-do list*

:D