PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Reviews (the place for reviewing the preformance of weapons)

Lil Killa
07-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Hello everyone I thought I would make a thread for weapons reviews. The purpose of this thread is to post reviews and recomendations for weapons you have ussed and how useful they where for you.

I'll start the thread off with a review:D

Cats Claws:

I recently bought the "cats claws" a day ago and they have worked very well on people that are level 1 or 2 but only one the second hit, after i have punched them. When I fight level 3 people or higher I have found the claws to be completely useless.

Recomendation:

I would on recomend this to a person just starting out that is planning on only fighting lower level players. On the other hand all people planning on fighting other people levl 3 or up should save their money and buy something better.

Lord Siraious
07-20-2003, 06:10 AM
The stick:

Well I've used it once and in that battle it only did 3hp damage and considering fist do at least 5 I would suggest never buying this weapon.

HertogJan
07-20-2003, 06:29 AM
I agree about the claws, they are pretty useless, even for me, a poor lvl2 player :P Only does 1 hp MORE damage than my fists, and you know what? Ppl can dodge it easily! Same goes for the Brass knuckles; those weapons can easily be dodged, while I never saw anyone dodging my fists :)

STTCT
07-20-2003, 06:29 AM
I bought a Rod.

Well..it does about as much damage as the fists. I fought Sherack Nhar this morning and I kept missing him but finnaly on the last blow I got him for 25 points and finished the fight.

However I just got through battling Lil Killa whos on Level 5, he was able to evade the rod each time and if I did get lucky and hit him....only caused 13 points - my fists cause 15.

*goes to the store to sell rod

It sucks - don't buy one.

Redwing
07-20-2003, 06:54 AM
Slightly off topic, does anyone know if your class or element affects your weapons usage? Cuz I dunno, maybe thieves are the best with a butterfly sword and mages with rods?

BongoBob
07-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Has anyone bought the masumune? I just want it because it's sephies sword, and it prolly does tons o damage, but has anyone gotten it?

mike_windu|CLU|
07-20-2003, 03:30 PM
wow, i know never to buy those items then :P. yes, i do believe that your class and element affect your weapons power. for example, i'm water, so i should really go with the watery stuff, like the ice rod :P. That is the way it works on most rpgs, so i think it works in this 1 too

The Truthful Liar
07-20-2003, 05:49 PM
Since Redwing brought up the question... I'll try help you guys the best I can.

- Choosing Items:

If you check the "Buff" status of a weapon, that's how much damage it deals out. Of course you have to consider how much Evade/Strength you and your opponent has, so it can vary.

Same rule goes for armour levels, magic healing potions and magic attacks.

- Choosing a Character:

Being good or evil affects your normal attack/defense, magic attack/defense, speed and evade values.

If you're on the good side you have higher magic status rather brute strength, also you're faster but your evade points are lower.

For the dark side it's the opposite, you get lower magic points but higher attack/defense and better evade than speed.

Gender doesn't matter.

- Classes

Classes are completely up to you, choose one you feel most comfortable with. I'm making a small table for myself with the statuses of each possible class. :]

- Elements

Elements only affect the bars below your character details - the HP, MA, PP and AP.

Dark & Earth elements give you fairly high PP and AP, other bars are average.

Fire element is average, your best bet is to stick to this if you don't want to risk anything.

Light element gives you the highest HP status but decreases your AP to a near zero and lowers PP quite abit. You get the same MA as you would with Dark/Earth and Water elements.

Lightning is another average element.

Water is similar to Light, but it's **** in comparison you only get a slightly higher PP and AP level, so if you're going to go all the way for high HP values then just stick with Light.

Wind is also pretty average, you do get higher HP than you would with Dark/Earth as well as higher PP and AP if you went with Light.

I hope this helps clear some things up, if you find that I got some info wrong feel free to let me know so I can edit it. :-)

Sam Fisher
07-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Thanks a lot, TTL, that really cleared up a lot of things. And for this thread, I bought a dagger when I was level 2 I think, and it did between 5-11 damage, it was great, then I advanced, and it almost went to 0.

El Sitherino
07-20-2003, 07:00 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qi Na used his Stick to deal 30 points of damage. JediKnight_114 tried to dodge, but was not successful. JediKnight_114 has died!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qi Na taunts:
thwap

I use a stick on lower level fighters but when i'm battling higher level ones i use my fists.

I plan on buying a masamune which is a large battle katana used by shogun warlords.

The Cheat
07-20-2003, 07:13 PM
this is very useful info for buying weapons, i have been considering buying something and am lucky i looked here for information

Lil Killa
07-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by The Cheat
this is very useful info for buying weapons, i have been considering buying something and am lucky i looked here for information

Glad u found this thread useful:D

Thanks for posting reviews guys lets keep them coming:D

mercatfat
07-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Reviews aren't really necessary.. weapons don't miss based on the weapon itself, they miss based on the evade of the opponent vs your speed.

Lil Killa
07-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mercatfat
Reviews aren't really necessary.. weapons don't miss based on the weapon itself, they miss based on the evade of the opponent vs your speed.

Mike Windu
07-20-2003, 09:24 PM
so is there anything good to buy?
:confused:

The Cheat
07-20-2003, 09:27 PM
probably only the items that are like 5000 gil

Sam Fisher
07-20-2003, 10:45 PM
so is there anything good to buy? :confused:

Yeah, I'm getting the Masamune(sp?) and the Thunder Gloves.

mercatfat
07-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Everything is good to buy. If a weapon isn't doing good damage, it had less to do with the weapon than it does the defense of the other player.

The whole game is just a calculation of stats and modifiers.

Lil Killa
07-20-2003, 11:01 PM
I gave my review a recomendation to only use it against those with a lower level like 1 or 2 and they have lower stats so My review possesses some value.............. i think

Redwing
07-20-2003, 11:19 PM
merc is right actually, as I discovered today. ^^

AB/Truthful Liar: Gender determines the classes you can pick from. Female has the standard plus white mage. Male has standard plus a whole bunch of others...which really isn't fair, but oh well.

Sam Fisher
07-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Fairness has nothing to do with it, anyways, it says that you don't have to choose your real gender in real life.

Lil Killa
07-20-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
Fairness has nothing to do with it.......

I can tell by the way u just set me up:mad:

Sam Fisher
07-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Sorry, sorry... I didn't mean to be rude.

Kengo
07-20-2003, 11:33 PM
I bought a wristband, you can't hit people with it so I guess it does something else?

I just beat Eldritch up so it must be good for something...:D

Lil Killa
07-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Kengo
I bought a wristband, you can't hit people with it so I guess it does something else?

I just beat Eldritch up so it must be good for something...:D

I am pretty sure it's ussed for defence:D

Sam Fisher
07-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Yeah, lets see what my Thunder Gloves do when I get them.

mercatfat
07-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Keep spamming like you did in the Forum Help section under the Catch-All thread, and I'd imagine you'll have them in about an hour.

Kengo
07-21-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
I am pretty sure it's ussed for defence:D

Right you are, I just checked. Seems a lot more useful than a cheap weapon as all my opponents attacks were reduced to 1 damage or none at all, I'm sure its far less useful against higher level opponenets and weapons, but at lower levels it seems to give you a massive edge to have some low level defence item.

The Truthful Liar
07-21-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
merc is right actually, as I discovered today. ^^

AB/Truthful Liar: Gender determines the classes you can pick from. Female has the standard plus white mage. Male has standard plus a whole bunch of others...which really isn't fair, but oh well.

Oh.

I now see there is a flaw in what I posted, I had overlooked and forget about that. Well ****. :/

You still remember me as AB, how nice. :-)

Originally posted by mercatfat
Keep spamming like you did in the Forum Help section under the Catch-All thread, and I'd imagine you'll have them in about an hour.

Do I detect a small notion of annoyance perhaps? ; )

Redwing
07-21-2003, 03:19 AM
Sam: What are you talking about? I know you don't have to use your real gender...but I'm sure some people would like to.

AB: Yup, always. ;)

pbguy1211
07-21-2003, 03:49 AM
These quotes are from the exact same fight...

Aragorn Elessar used his Broadsword to deal 13 points of damage. Zevisti Kinshasa tried to dodge, but was not successful.

Aragorn Elessar tried to use his fists. Luck was with him, and he dealt Zevisti Kinshasa 15 points of damage.

Draw your own conclusions...

Redwing
07-21-2003, 04:23 AM
It's because you're not skilled with it yet...

I wonder if fists have an upper limit?

matt--
07-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Fists are based on a base 10 logarithm...it never really stops raising, but it doesn't pass a certain point(it's asymptote).

Weapons won't be worth it until later. I'm guessing that'll be around levels 6-8. Weapons do not have accuracy ratings, that's determined purely by your speed, your opponent's evade, and a slight random factor.

Also, use some common sense. In real life, assuming your pro-guns, would you buy a cannon or a rifle for your first one? You should probably master the one closer to your level first instead of trying to operate something out of your league.

pbguy1211
07-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by matt-windu
Also, use some common sense. In real life, assuming your pro-guns, would you buy a cannon or a rifle for your first one? You should probably master the one closer to your level first instead of trying to operate something out of your league.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRight... and if you're a dark knight (which i was when i had the sword) how would a knight not be able to weild a sword well?

Sam Fisher
07-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by pbguy1211
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRight... and if you're a dark knight (which i was when i had the sword) how would a knight not be able to weild a sword well?

Maybe its your level. Have you a dagger? It might work better, you should try it. Also, didn't someone say that the damage is somewhat controlled by your speed and your opponent's evade?

Mike Windu
07-22-2003, 03:58 AM
*fears this system is becoming Dungeons and Dragons*

My Dark knight can outmanuver your pathetic level 1 monk! ha!

lmao

attack of the medeval nerds :P:evanpiel: :ewok: :fett: :jawa

its ok tho, would be cooler if you could c the guys move
lol it wouldnt be too hard to do... theres a cool game thast 3d, called medabots online too. tell ur robot what to do and he'll attack in 3d :P:atat:

STTCT
07-22-2003, 09:17 AM
Well I hate to give away secrets..but I purchased a helmet and its Awesome. It protected me against Redwings attacks and gave him 15 points damage on his turns. It was great..I'm so glad it turned out to be a great buy and it wasn't that expensive!

Kain
07-22-2003, 03:55 PM
man, my fists do squat and my dagger does squat...whats that saying? i need to quit fighting level 5 people:p

and mike-windu, bite me. I play D&D and it aint even like that. People shouldn't really knock it until they've tried it, and playing D&D once ISNT trying it

Sam Fisher
07-22-2003, 04:05 PM
MydnightPsion, how many battles have you faught? Anyways, at level 2, you can't do anything. You need to fight more. Wanna fight later? I already have an appointment with Recalimer tomrrow morning sometime around 7:30-8:00.

Samuel Dravis
07-22-2003, 10:25 PM
If we knew the exact rules someone could make a program to calculate whether you'd win or not in a given battle... :rolleyes: That's probably not a good idea though.

btw, like my sig?

STTCT
07-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Well I now own

Mythril Sword, mythril vest, potion, energy blast and mythril dagger.

My review is this. Energy blast makes the most damage providing that you have high enough stats for it. The lower the stats of the other person the better your hit will be. If they have high stats you might as well punch them. If the person has higher stats your weapons will not touch them. daggers, etc are useless. If they have lower stats you can hurt them with it. And finally Armour is good to have. You will hurt the other person.

thats my review.

Captain Wilson
07-23-2003, 05:50 PM
A bit off topic....
I still carnt find my battle thingy, stat put in line thing.....
and M, damm right, D&'s great! so we'll have no mocking

Sam Fisher
07-23-2003, 05:57 PM
CW, its in the Help and feedback forum under a post of yours.

Mike Windu
07-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Sheesh, I was only joking... I've created some Characters in my day too you know :p. We all have to laugh at ourselves sometime or another:D *looks in mirror*