PDA

View Full Version : Watches?

ZBomber
07-25-2003, 11:17 PM
What arm are you supposed to wear a watch on? I've always worn mine on my right arm, because I'm right handed. But, my dad says that they go on your left arm. So, I'm asking you guys, what arm do you wear watches on? :)

Boba Rhett
07-25-2003, 11:27 PM
My left arm and I'm left handed. Well, I write left handed anyways.

Sam Fisher
07-25-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm right handed, so I wear it on the right arm.

Agen
07-25-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm right handed and wear it on meh right hand, I've also heard about the opposite-handed thingy..... I just tell them that's the girls' way :D

RoguePhotonic
07-26-2003, 12:00 AM
**** all those systems...I wear **** the way I want to wear it....and I suggest you do the same.:D

Redwing
07-26-2003, 12:16 AM
Switches sometimes, but currently in the habit of wearing it on the right. ^^

Darth Eggplant
07-26-2003, 12:22 AM
Yoda
time travel back to 1984
i am in a little row boat with some people
in mount tremblant
at that time the subject came up
that I was an artist,
and one of the young ladies in the boat said
oh but real artists dont wear watches
because watches restrict and regulate
blah blah blah
so she grabbed my hand ripped my watch off
and chucked it into lac tremblant
it is at the bottom and has been so ever since,

was I sad about my watch,
not really
the young lady made it up to me that night
for being a good sport and for being a true artist;)

*and I never got around to buying another one
cause I am lazy and a TRUE Artiste!

Agen
07-26-2003, 12:30 AM
........... I would have punched her head off.
:D

BigTeddyPaul
07-26-2003, 12:51 AM
I am right handed and have always worn mine on the left. For me it seems more natural there.

I don't know if there is any protocol or anything but just go with what you think is comfortable.

My first ever watch was a Klingon watch. Wasn't I special?

BigTeddyPaul

Darth Groovy
07-26-2003, 01:13 AM
I wear a sundial on my right arm. Does that count?:confused:

Sam Fisher
07-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Any kind of time teller counts Groovy, especially sun dials. I'v seen those at the store before in fact. :)

Agen
07-26-2003, 01:25 AM
only hours, groovy... only hours ;)

Icemaniax
07-26-2003, 02:15 AM
I wear my watch on my right wrist, well when i have one anyway, i alway break my watch, so i dont wear one now.

ZBomber
07-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Yay. I knew my dad was wrong. ^_^

the majority of you wear your watch on your good hand. I'm not alone!:D

BawBag™
07-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Pffff, wearing a watch on your right arm is only acceptable to left handed people. :rolleyes:
God I think it looks cack. I wear mine on my left, because i'm right-handed.
;)

Darth Rythe
07-26-2003, 08:59 AM
left

HertogJan
07-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Left!! And I'm right handed. It has a reason you know :) When you write, you shouldn't have your watch on your 'good wrist', because it will scratch over the table, damaging the watch and probably making sounds, which is annoying to surrounding ppl :)

All you right handed, right wearing ppl are WRONG!! YOU HEAR ME!?!?! WRONGGGGGG!!! :p :p

•-BLaCKouT-•
07-26-2003, 09:57 AM
I voted Yoda :D

But I go with the late-majority on this one: I'm right-handed, and when I do wear a watch, it's on my left arm. 'Cos that's how it's done. (The girls way? Damn you Agen!! ;) )

As it goes I hardly ever wear a watch these days. Not since an ex-girlfriend of mine smashed one up with a hammer (I know, I know...). I half agree with the 'constriction' theory - ie. It's an excuse for always being late. But the fact is I've got a clock on my Mobe, so I don't need a watch. Or maybe I need a watch with a built-in mobile? :D

B.

HertogJan
07-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Dude, not having a watch is so... Pffff :rolleyes: I can remember at basic school ( I guess it's called Junior High there in the US ;)) I was one of the only ppl with a watch. OK it wasn't a new one, but everyone allways asked ME what the time was... In fact, I've allways been wearing a watch since I learned how to 'read' a watch :D

AND I like watches. I have three very pretty ones, and no watch is cheaper than €110 :) If you take care for it, it doesn't need to be smashed :)

/me loves watches :)

The Truthful Liar
07-26-2003, 10:59 AM
I'm right handed and I wear mine (which broke) on my right. It feels more natural.

Mex
07-26-2003, 11:40 AM
I don't have a watch. :o

YODA!

BongoBob
07-26-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm right handed, but it's more comfortable to have it on my left. I don't know why, it's just better like that for me.

ZBomber
07-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Whenever I right, it doesn't make sounds and scratch it up. Get a better excuse! :xp:

Icemaniax
07-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan

All you right handed, right wearing ppl are WRONG!! YOU HEAR ME!?!?! WRONGGGGGG!!! :p :p

Well i wear it mostly on my right, (when i have a watch) But Considering i am Ambidextrous, it doesnt matter to me.

BigTeddyPaul
07-28-2003, 02:05 AM
Are you saying that it is impossible for a ball to hit your non-frontal hitting hand and break the watch? If a guy can hit a ball after he swung (the force of the bat went behind him and he got a single after it made contact with the ball) then I am pretty sure I can do that.

YOU HAVE TO WEAR LONG SLEEVES!!!! It is like 108 out here now. It breaks 100 each day at the very least.

I hate you and your cold weather.

BigTeddyPaul

ZBomber
07-28-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
Are you saying that it is impossible for a ball to hit your non-frontal hitting hand and break the watch? If a guy can hit a ball after he swung (the force of the bat went behind him and he got a single after it made contact with the ball) then I am pretty sure I can do that.

YOU HAVE TO WEAR LONG SLEEVES!!!! It is like 108 out here now. It breaks 100 each day at the very least.

I hate you and your cold weather.

BigTeddyPaul

Uh, we paly baseball in the spring. Its not cold here right now. I put the AC on full blast. :p

Like I said, its good to wear a watch. If there is enoguht power to break the watch, then if it only hit my skin, I would be hurt pretty bad. :p But, I get hit a lot when I play Baseball. The pitches aren't that powerful, and neither are the hits. Lastly, my watch is like 20 bucks, so not much of a loss. ;)

Pisces
07-28-2003, 04:24 AM
I'm right-handed, and I wear it on my left (did anyway, I took it off for the summer, time doesn't matter and I don't want a tan line). Other than that, the opposite hand is the way it's done people, there's no second way of doing it. Right-handed=watch on left, Left-handed=watch on right. You either do it that way, don't wear a watch, or you're wrong, plain and simple. :p:D

ZBomber
07-28-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Pisces
I'm right-handed, and I wear it on my left (did anyway, I took it off for the summer, time doesn't matter and I don't want a tan line). Other than that, the opposite hand is the way it's done people, there's no second way of doing it. Right-handed=watch on left, Left-handed=watch on right. You either do it that way, don't wear a watch, or you're wrong, plain and simple. :p:D

I wonder if I have a tan line, I haven;t taken my watch off since March... :D

Seriosuly, I haven't. i even bring it in the shower and swimming. :p

Oh, and Paul, you suck. :p

|GG|Carl
07-28-2003, 06:51 PM
Everybody has always told me to wear my watch on the left hand, and so I do...

Lil Killa
07-29-2003, 07:17 AM
I wear my watch on my right arm and never take it off lol. I have a tan line where my watch is and my arm is kid of sunk in where the strap goes..... Everyone in my family and all my friends say left hand though.... My watch gust feels better on my right hand and I always know where it is when it's on my right hand so thats where I put it:D