PDA

View Full Version : Nar Shaddaa


Business_Eskimo
07-27-2003, 10:24 PM
That is simply beautiful.:)

Shotokan
07-27-2003, 11:38 PM
How is the fps so far?

wedge2211
07-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Starting college is always fun. :) Knock yourself out, you'll only do it once.

Your architecture looks very impressive, some especially good integration of patch meshes into the map. However, I think this map is crying out for custom textures, or at least less repeating textures.

rgoer
07-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Argh! This looks so nice, but it only reminds me how much I hate the fact that the jk2sp.exe graphics engine is a little more polished than the one for jk2mp.exe...

Mercenary
07-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Simply amazing! I love the architecture and the texturing.

Business_Eskimo
07-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by rgoer
Argh! This looks so nice, but it only reminds me how much I hate the fact that the jk2sp.exe graphics engine is a little more polished than the one for jk2mp.exe...


Definitely. It's so much more "smooth" in lighting and such.

The Truthful Liar
07-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
Starting college is always fun. :) Knock yourself out, you'll only do it once.

Your architecture looks very impressive, some especially good integration of patch meshes into the map. However, I think this map is crying out for custom textures, or at least less repeating textures.

I believe he is using custom textures throughout the level.

Originally posted by Business_Eskimo
Definitely. It's so much more "smooth" in lighting and such.

That can be changed. ; )

rgoer
07-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Tee-hee, TL... the thing that is aggrivating to me is that jk2sp.exe can take a map with a small, doesn't-hurt-my-framerate lightmap and smooth it out to the point of beauty, where jk2mp.exe can't. To get SP looks out of MP, you have to _lightmapscale the whole thing so far that the lightmap actually becomes a hit on your fps. Lame!

The Cheat
07-28-2003, 09:43 PM
that model looks beautiful, but more textures would probably help it look better

Emon
07-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Textures are fine. That's not the entire level, you know. :)

Nar Shaddaa is also very dull. Unlike Raven's silly one in JO with all those stupid colored lights.

Shotokan
07-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Yea I agree. It's supposed to be dark, dirty, and dingy.

reaper1576
07-28-2003, 10:45 PM
just look at the into to JK1 over crowded very busy look to the city and indutrial

DarkLord60
07-29-2003, 04:20 AM
:eek: Awesome!

The Count
07-29-2003, 09:58 AM
What a fantastic looking level, it really catches the essence of Star Wars, which is something I have yet to see in a fan made level.

Eldritch
07-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Oh, good - another reason to buy JA. ;)

Nice work!

Chewie Bakker
08-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Cool level, regardless of the lack of dinginess.

I guess Nar Shaddaa should've looked like the interior of Reelos garbage-collection depot, but oh well. I think Raven did a good job on JK2, and I'm looking forward to Jedi Academy.

Keep up the good work, Sine Nomen. :D

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.