PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Home From The ER


Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 05:07 AM
where i've been all day

i was riding down the street on the sidewalk at about 20mph and 3 girls were taking up the whole sidewalk so i jumped off the sidewalk from the curb to the bike lane, when i landed i landed hard and hit my front brake, which has no rubber so the metal caught on metal and i flew over the handle bars, i landed on my head (no helmet) and rolled to my back, skid for about 15 feet on my back and the bike landed on me, i was in the right lane and almost hit by a car, i stood up pumped with adreneline and got to the side walk then i fell over because i had no use of the left side of my body, i was gushing blood out my back and ankle, i couldnt move and after about 5 minutes i stood up and fell right back down, a car stopped and called an ambulance, then David (my friend) called my parents, when the ambulance showed up they cut my shirt off (bastards) and took me to merle west (K-falls Hospital). the doctor said i fractured my lower back and might have ruptured my kidney, when they took x-rays they found out i didnt fracture my back and i was very lucky to have survived. i was in truama all day and had nurses with me the whle time dressing my wounds, i have my right wrist ripped up, right forearm shredded, right & left shoulder cut, left flank ripped up, and right lower back with a deeeep gash, they had to use these tweezer things to get all the rocks out. and i have two very deep cuts on my left ankle. But i am very lucky my skull broke my fall.
So Now i can barely walk. cant sit and my back is still bleeding.

anyway HOW was your day?

MuRaSaMuNe
07-29-2003, 05:20 AM
Ouch! I hope you get better soon. :( At least now you have an interesting story to tell people. :p

The Truthful Liar
07-29-2003, 05:25 AM
I feel your pain. I've had a bunch of friends, and including myself, get into some pretty strange accidents. Most of mine where just out of sheer stupidity though. :P

STTCT
07-29-2003, 05:28 AM
OUch!!! I'm very sorry. I hope you feel better. At least you got to leave and go home. Hospitals suck!

Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 05:29 AM
Thanks guys, but you want to knwo what the worst part of the whole ordeal was?

When the paramedics cut my shirt off. my favorite shirt.. *Sniff*

*Holds Memorial service for shirt

*You will be missed*

Lil Killa
07-29-2003, 05:39 AM
Hope u get better soon:D

Also I hope the girls wern't like ppl u knew or maybe even liked or that would just suck! :p

Anyway hope u "get well soon" as they say it.

*hands iceman a "get well soon" card*

coupes.
07-29-2003, 05:39 AM
Man, you were lucky there, this could have been much worse!!

I had a bike crash also last summer, or was it two years ago? Anyways, It was like 2 a.m. and my foot slipped because i was wearing my grindshoes (bad idea). Then all went very fast, but I guess i must have turned the front wheel trying to regain my balance so I ended up being thrown ober the handles I scratched my chin, the side of my face and hands, then i must have crawled to the sidewalk and passed out, because it seemed to me like 20 seconds or so later an ambulance stopped besides me, the guy put a bandage on my chin and said he had called the cops, so i got a ride home in a squad car... I had scars on my face for 3 or so weeks, after that it was still red for a month or so but now it doesn't show at all. I was scared to have spots on my chin where my beard wouldn't grow back, but it's alright.

Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 05:46 AM
Nah, i didnt even know the girls, the parts that pissed me off was alot of peopkle watched my wipeout, but no one stopped unitl i stopped moving on the ground about 10 minutes later, it just hurt to much to move so i didnt. the girls laughed as they walked by my mangled body. and 2 kids on bikes were laughing as they rode by i kinda yelled "Yah? you can go fuc% yourself" then a police car drove by and didnt even stop, that made me mad.

Lil Killa
07-29-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
Man, you were lucky there, this could have been much worse!!

I had a bike crash also last summer, or was it two years ago? Anyways, It was like 2 a.m. and my foot slipped because i was wearing my grindshoes (bad idea). Then all went very fast, but I guess i must have turned the front wheel trying to regain my balance so I ended up being thrown ober the handles I scratched my chin, the side of my face and hands, then i must have crawled to the sidewalk and passed out, because it seemed to me like 20 seconds or so later an ambulance stopped besides me, the guy put a bandage on my chin and said he had called the cops, so i got a ride home in a squad car... I had scars on my face for 3 or so weeks, after that it was still red for a month or so but now it doesn't show at all. I was scared to have spots on my chin where my beard wouldn't grow back, but it's alright.



Yeah I had something similar to that happen to me 2 months ago. I was rolling down the driveway and nce i got near the bottom i pushed on the petal to gain some speed before i go into the street but by chain poped off and my feet slammed to the ground. Then my bike slammed sideways but lily I got my arms out in front of my while I slid about 7 feet down the rest of the driveway. I was daved but didn't pass out or anything. I got up looked at my bike and thought of what a piece of **** it was to screw up like that then i liped around in a circle for a few secionds. After all that i took my bike back to the garage and cleaned all my scrapes on my arms legs and hands. in the end I ussed 5 jumbo badaids and still had some cuts exposed, (the jumbo ones as in the onse with like 1.5x3 inch pads...) Oh well though I'd add my little story to everyone elses:D

Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 05:49 AM
lol. isnt it funny how when ever you hurt yourself you always walk in a cirlce? i noticed that today, well i hobbled in a circe before i fell the the ground but still.

Lil Killa
07-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by iceman87
lol. isnt it funny how when ever you hurt yourself you always walk in a cirlce? i noticed that today, well i hobbled in a circe before i fell the the ground but still.

probably has something to do with regaining your balance or something like that...

HertogJan
07-29-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by iceman87
Nah, i didnt even know the girls, the parts that pissed me off was alot of peopkle watched my wipeout, but no one stopped unitl i stopped moving on the ground about 10 minutes later, it just hurt to much to move so i didnt. the girls laughed as they walked by my mangled body. and 2 kids on bikes were laughing as they rode by i kinda yelled "Yah? you can go fuc% yourself" then a police car drove by and didnt even stop, that made me mad.

Dude!! That really sucks, it makes you feel miserable, lying there on the ground when nobody helps you, doesn't it? Ah well I hope you get better soon and that the scars stay away... :(

BigTeddyPaul
07-29-2003, 06:22 AM
Almost died and cannot walk but still able to have enough energy to get on the internet and talk with us. Gotta love that. Hope you get well and I hope you have a killer scar to show the ladies. Make the story better though about how you jumped 4 stories off a building into a pool but some baby girl (4 years old) ran in there and you had to land in the not safe part of the pool to save her life.

My imagination is frustrating.

BigTeddyPaul

BawBag™
07-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by iceman87
anyway HOW was your day?
Can't complain..... :p
Thats pretty nasty man, I hope your o.k. ;)

HertogJan
07-29-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
Almost died and cannot walk but still able to have enough energy to get on the internet and talk with us. Gotta love that. Hope you get well and I hope you have a killer scar to show the ladies. Make the story better though about how you jumped 4 stories off a building into a pool but some baby girl (4 years old) ran in there and you had to land in the not safe part of the pool to save her life.

My imagination is frustrating.

BigTeddyPaul


Noooo you got it all wrong!! Say you fought 12 arab terrorists with explosives around their bodies... They all had guns and knives, so you took some hits, BUT... You should've seen THEM ;)

Shotokan
07-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by iceman87
Nah, i didnt even know the girls, the parts that pissed me off was alot of peopkle watched my wipeout, but no one stopped unitl i stopped moving on the ground about 10 minutes later, it just hurt to much to move so i didnt. the girls laughed as they walked by my mangled body. and 2 kids on bikes were laughing as they rode by i kinda yelled "Yah? you can go fuc% yourself" then a police car drove by and didnt even stop, that made me mad.

Man people can be so mean nowadays... Dude that's gotta hurt.. I remember this one time I sped down this hill by my house and I tried to go faster (stupid me) and then my bike started to wobble. The front wheel turned completely around and I flew off the front of my bike and slammed into the asphalt and slid for at least 15 feet. My face and mouth were bloody. Even thoug I landed on my arm too it wasnt bleeding (peculiar isn't it?). Fortunately I was able to get up and walk into the house to get an ice pack and dress my wounds :p. Get better soon man.

Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
Almost died and cannot walk but still able to have enough energy to get on the internet and talk with us. Gotta love that. BigTeddyPaul

I could have my arms amputated & 1 leg, but i would still be able to get online :P I am just like really flippin sore. but i am fine in all accounts.
Thanks everyone!

Miko Reglia
07-29-2003, 07:40 AM
i may be a bit late, but it sounds like its gonna take a while for full recovery, so i raise my mug in honor of you buddy:cheers:

on another note, i guess this is just a reminder from god to wear your helmet while riding moving vehicles;)

|GG|Carl
07-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by iceman87
...then a police car drove by and didnt even stop, that made me mad.
Did they see you?

Hope you get better!

Reclaimer
07-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by iceman87
Nah, i didnt even know the girls, the parts that pissed me off was alot of peopkle watched my wipeout, but no one stopped unitl i stopped moving on the ground about 10 minutes later, it just hurt to much to move so i didnt. the girls laughed as they walked by my mangled body. and 2 kids on bikes were laughing as they rode by i kinda yelled "Yah? you can go fuc% yourself" then a police car drove by and didnt even stop, that made me mad.


Dude that officer is a real Fu*ktard not even helping and those girls are too.

*gets trancalizer gun*

Time to get me some a**holes now.

Thrackan Solo
07-29-2003, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear it...about the shirt;)

By the Way, what was the shirt?

ZBomber
07-29-2003, 01:22 PM
That happened to me before, but.... er.... take all your injuries away from there. :p

I was going down a really steep hill (It was a road, not grass.:p) with my friend on our bikes. Anyways, there were a bunch of leaves, and it made me curve a little toward my friend's side. Than, I his his bike (or he hit mine, I don't remember, I was like 9) and my foot got caught in that chain thingy. Fell over and went skidding like 15 ft like you to the en dof the hill. :p Yeh, I was fine, didn't need to go anywhere like a hospital that time, I was wearing a helmet, so no Head injuries. Just a few cuts and bruises. ;)

Anyways, glad to hear your alive and well. Where a helmet next time though. eh? ;)

legameboy
07-29-2003, 02:17 PM
I feel really sorry for you iceman, get well soon, and next time wear a helmet. ;) :D

Since I've never really had a bike accident, I'll tell you about an accident I had when I was 10 or 9 or something like that :p. It was New Years, and we had taken the top off of a combine for a sled, then we took about 15 or 20 feet of rope and tied it to an ATV. Then my brother started driving the ATV and I was just cruisin' on the 'sled' at about 20 or 25 mph on it, then I noticed the rope was crooked and the sled wasn't behind the ATV like it should be, the next thing I noticed was a tree was right in front of me, I ran into that thing at about 20 mph, and the top of my head whacked on the tree, and th upper part of my face hit the edge of the 'sled' (it was made out of fiberglass), I cut my forehead, and right under my eyebrow I got a nice big cut (lots of blood too, hehe). The skin was hanging down so I couldn't see out of that eye, but you could see the top of my eyeball. Anyway, I want into the catscanner as scared as a boy in heck, and then the doctor (after about 2 and a half hours) stitched me up and sent me home. The next day I couldn't see out of that eye (I believe it was the right eye) because all areas around my eye were super swollen. It was the best New Years gift ever :p. The End. :p

KBell
07-29-2003, 02:24 PM
harsh man, hope you get better soon.


I've been in the ER about 4 times in my life :D

1-When i got my tonsils out

2- there was a complication where they didnt close the hole in my throat completly or something like that, so if i talked there would be blood dripping from my mouth in a continuess flow


3- well the same thing happened, but this time they closed the hole completely to actually FIX my throat.

4- One of my Ex friend hit me in the head with a bat out of anger. I have to have 17 stiches to close the wound in my head. Long story. It ends when he goes to a guidance councler twice a week :D

Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|
Did they see you?

Hope you get better!

The Cop Had the nerve to wave at me when i tried to wave him down. so i thin he saw me.



Originally posted by Thrackan Solo
Sorry to hear it...about the shirt;)

By the Way, what was the shirt?

it was a yellow shirt with a sweeeeeeet looking dragon on the front, and i took it down to one of those shirt stores and had them put "You must be at least this tall to ride" (with a line under it) on the back.
my favorite shirt :(

Dark Sad Shadow
07-29-2003, 06:31 PM
glad you are okey :)












you never told us what happened with the 3 chicks :D

Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 06:34 PM
lol, they never stopped, i dunno where they went, but they were all hot....

volcom
07-29-2003, 06:39 PM
aww I am sorry!!! that's just awful! I am glad you survived, I hope you heal fast! stupid girls...they should have helped you, I would've as long as you didnt look like a killer (jk jk jk)

Agen
07-29-2003, 07:37 PM
But i am very lucky my skull broke my fall.
That just cracks me up :rofl:

BL there man, the thing i just can't grasp is that you fell and no-one even stopped to even help you? When i fell out a window one time i knocked myself out and ended up with a gta3 style crowd around me :/

*gives iceman a complementary get well soon spoon replica gift*
;)

Father Torque
07-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Well that sucks iceman. Flippin over the handle bars is not good. I fillped over my scooters handle bars and got a rock stuck in my flesh above the eyebrow. So ummn, what did the doctor say the injuries were. Im anxious to find out. Just to make sure youre not like dead:D

O, and on Thursday at camp. I was wrestling with friends at 11:58 PM. When suddenly i fell to the ground a guy landed on my head, and snapped my neck. I couldnt move it when suddenly another guy falls on my neck. Causing to to crash to the ground hitting my head on a rock. I blacked out for 5 seconds and awoke. I went to the nurses station. And i was spastick in the eye, and very out of it. I went to the ER, and it was determined that i had a small concusion on the upper left side of my fohead. And for some reason, the blow made it so everytime i heard really loud noises, i would get headaches. And considering it was a motocross and paintball christian camp, I had alot of them. So, it sucked. But not as bad as yours:p

Icemaniax
07-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Father Torque
So ummn, what did the doctor say the injuries were. Im anxious to find out. Just to make sure youre not like dead:D

Well i was ripped up so bad he had the nurses bring in the stitching kits, i was like oh god no...needle....nooooo then they had to scrub my cuts (which hurt..alot) and clean them he said i didnt need stitches,I had a mild oncussion & he was suprised i didnt break anything. but i have contusions, cuts, and bumps 'n bruises everywhere, and apparently i cut the back of my head open, i didnt even know i did. i just have VERY bad road rash. and i am sore.

But while i was in Trauma, a girl (about 15) came in next to me. they didnt pull the curtain closed and i saw everything, her face was cut up BAD i thought she got in a fight with a lawn mower and lost, but apparently she was on rollerblades, going downhill and she hit a rock and did a face plant on th asphalt and rolled the rest of the way down and hit her face in gravel, they pulled rocks out of her eyes and face, and i found out she had broken her back also. she was very messed up.

Agen
07-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Didn't you freak a bit that you were in there with a broken backed, smashed up face 15 year old girl? :confused:

Icemaniax
07-30-2003, 03:04 AM
i was about as freaked out as someone pumped full of Morphine can get :)


EDIT- They didnt want me moving because they thought i had fractured my spine and ruptured my kidney so they pumped morphine into me :)

Icemaniax
07-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Wow, i just saw that pm. THANKS ChrisC3po !!!!!!

ZBomber
07-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by iceman87
Wow, i just saw that pm. THANKS ChrisC3po !!!!!!

Share with us! :p

That kinda sounds like what happened to me (that girl) Except, I wasn't that hurt, a few cuts on my face....;)

Icemaniax
07-30-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Share with us! :p


He Gave Me 2000 Gil :)

Reclaimer
07-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by iceman87
He Gave Me 2000 Gil :)

A chris3p0 a I was stuck here on lucasfourms because of THE POSTING FLU can I too have some gil.^_^'













j/k!

El Sitherino
07-30-2003, 05:01 PM
were they pretty nurses that made ya happy :p
j/k. hope ya feel better man.

Redwing
07-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Eep. o.O You see, this is why I'm afraid of bikes. :D

I hope you get better soon ^^


Originally posted by iceman87
He Gave Me 2000 Gil :)

Sure it wasn't an anonymous user? Cuz I think automated thingys like that sometimes pass through Chris' account. ^_~

Captain Wilson
07-30-2003, 10:25 PM
get better soon, soon i say, say i soon. Now get well :D
ive been in 'ER' 3 times. first when my brother threw siccorers at me, and went through my leg. the second when, for some god forsaken reson my throat and nose got mixed up creating a huge hole in some upper part of my nose (out of site luckly) which mademe have oh so many nose bleeds and the tendancy to get bits of what i was eating coming out my nose eg. choclet cake. The last was when my younger brother threw a goal post at me. As yo can guess my little brother realy doesnt like me :p

RoxStar
08-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by iceman87
where i've been all day

i was riding down the street on the sidewalk at about 20mph and 3 girls were taking up the whole sidewalk so i jumped off the sidewalk from the curb to the bike lane, when i landed i landed hard and hit my front brake, which has no rubber so the metal caught on metal and i flew over the handle bars, i landed on my head (no helmet) and rolled to my back, skid for about 15 feet on my back and the bike landed on me, i was in the right lane and almost hit by a car, i stood up pumped with adreneline and got to the side walk then i fell over because i had no use of the left side of my body, i was gushing blood out my back and ankle, i couldnt move and after about 5 minutes i stood up and fell right back down, a car stopped and called an ambulance, then David (my friend) called my parents, when the ambulance showed up they cut my shirt off (bastards) and took me to merle west (K-falls Hospital). the doctor said i fractured my lower back and might have ruptured my kidney, when they took x-rays they found out i didnt fracture my back and i was very lucky to have survived. i was in truama all day and had nurses with me the whle time dressing my wounds, i have my right wrist ripped up, right forearm shredded, right & left shoulder cut, left flank ripped up, and right lower back with a deeeep gash, they had to use these tweezer things to get all the rocks out. and i have two very deep cuts on my left ankle. But i am very lucky my skull broke my fall.
So Now i can barely walk. cant sit and my back is still bleeding.

anyway HOW was your day?

*wags finger*

Always wear a helmet!