PDA

View Full Version : CoUnTeR-StRiKe

DiRtY $oUtH™
07-30-2003, 04:21 AM
Hello all. Its been a LONG time since I posted here..I kinda drifted away from JK II and the forums went with it.:rolleyes: I started playing CS and WOW..way better than JK II...but I'm still a SW fan.:cool: I was just wondering how many ppl here are also into CS and also if anybody is in a clan that is recruiting??:confused:
Thanks. Peace!

----------TeRRoRism is Good...but so is CounTeR-TeRRoRism----------

HertogJan
07-30-2003, 06:37 AM
I'm not in a clan anymore, but yeah, CS rocks :) I come back to that game every once in a while and I still like it :D You should try CS 1.6 beta, you can download it with steam: http://www.steampowered.com

It's great improvement, 2 new guns (FAMAS & Galil) and a shield for CTs (which is great fun), you now get points for planting/defusing the bomb, new map (de_airstrip, great map :)), new menu/UI etc etc...

ShockV1.89
07-30-2003, 10:43 AM
CS = :barf:

Ratmjedi
07-30-2003, 10:47 AM
It's a good game and all but I hate how inacurate the weapons are some times. I mean I take a short burst to get more acuracy while the other guy is going full auto and kills you first.

I guess I am to use to MOH:AA and using my M-1 Garand to sniple people and just having a little red dot for my crosshair. Plus the maps are that I have played are to small. But I still think it is fun.

|>1|_|5 1 l34|2|\|3|) 1337 (4|_|5e 0 |= 17 :D
|

:lsduel: :duel:

BongoBob
07-30-2003, 10:48 AM
My parents won't let me play violent games like that here, but I play it all the time at my friends and cousins house. I don't know what he's talking about, because this game rocks! That beta rocks also, that map does kick @$$!

CS BABY!

PS:Nice sig pic(I'm not the only one around here that likes LP), but shouldn't your Status and Location be switched around?

Ratmjedi
07-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Not really lol. I like it the way that is is right now. I never did think of it like that though lol. And thanks for the compliment. ;)

:duel: :lsduel:

Agen
07-30-2003, 11:34 AM
YODA!!!! :D
Welcome back, man :D Long time no see indeed..... and i've still to get you back for that kick dfa thing 5 secs into the game -_-.
Yeah i paly CS alot, I'm not really competitive though - I either do really crap or really gid :p

I jsut realised.. is this the yoda that played on hermes occasionally or are you someone else.......

•-BLaCKouT-•
07-30-2003, 01:41 PM
I'd love to get into CS. And one of these days I will ;)

I bought it earlier this year, but I need to download a 150mb patch to play it. 150mb, I ask you :rolleyes: I was on a 56k at the time. Now I've got Broadband, I'm in love with JKO:MP :D

The only reason it didn't go back to the shop was cos it's got Half-Life, Opposing Force and Blue Shift with it. Mind you, I need another patch to play the MP of those too.

B.

legameboy
07-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Counter-strike is fairly good, but I really like to stick with the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 or Return to Caste Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and an occasional JK2 game or two ;) .

Skate Boy
07-30-2003, 01:57 PM
I've never played CS. I just wanted to say. Yoda! Stay around! Where you been? You should come here more often.

Ok. I'm done.:D

Acrylic
07-30-2003, 02:21 PM
CS is....okay. I wont play it anymore, since it seems quite...boring, to me.

And, I'm going to wait for Half Life 2...and CS 2. Great graphics, and I bet, overall, better gameplay. 5 years in the making ya know. ;)

ZBomber
07-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Darth Yoda? :eek:

Welcome back buddy. :D

I never played CounterStrike, the only online games I've ever played are Jedi Knight series.... :(

Agen
07-30-2003, 03:22 PM
I never played CounterStrike, the only online games I've ever played are Jedi Knight series....
:o *slaps Z* WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE [/caps] No Half life, No moh, no doom, no quake, no ut, no worms, no gta!!!!?!!??/?/slashslash?
I fdeel sorry for you :'(

-=DarkZero=-
07-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Counter strike kicks ass! but I'm unable to play because I lost my cd key ;-;
And if NAN and NAA are recruiting if you still want information >.>

ZBomber
07-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
:o *slaps Z* WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE [/caps] No Half life, No moh, no doom, no quake, no ut, no worms, no gta!!!!?!!??/?/slashslash?
I fdeel sorry for you :'(

My internet was never good enough to run games, until July alst year, when I got Jedi Knight II.

legameboy
07-30-2003, 03:34 PM
You've still been missing out a lot though. :eek: You could have managed on a 56k. :p I did. :D

ZBomber
07-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by legameboy
You've still been missing out a lot though. :eek: You could have managed on a 56k. :p I did. :D

It wasn't the 56k, my computer just didn't work. (For Jedi Knight, that is)

Captain Wilson
07-30-2003, 05:06 PM
yay, counter strike rocks. Esspecialy that AWP :D

Jed
07-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey hey, look what the cat dragged in. :D

Not really a fan of CS, like Ratm I love my MOH:AA a lot more than anything else. I played it a few times...never did anything for me.

*shrugs*

Orion Pax
07-31-2003, 11:38 PM
Now CS is kewl.....the graphics could be better...looks like avatars with cheap animation effects....and the game engine needs help alot...Especially if Unreal Tournament 2003 (which has fully animated characters and weapons) does alot better than CS...then they are way behind.....I ran at one time ran a CS server .....then a UT2003 server....on the CS server with just me and two friends it lagged like hell.....and that was running a NON-Dedicated server....now with UT2003 i ran a DEDICATED server me.....and 5 other REAL players...not just bots....and just a SUPER SMALL SMIDGEN OF LAG.....go figure...
and just to satisfy your curiosity I have a 1.1ghz Celeron (HP) 382mb ram 60gb hard drive...120gb hard drive 64mb ati 7500 (PCI) and my internet is 128kb UP and 768kb Down.....and that is behind a router too (home network)....

Now there is a game i can talk all day about....UT2003....

have any of ya'll heard of Continuum (also known as SubSpace)?
hard to believe it made the number one spot last year on MPOG (Multi Player Online Game) I used to host servers of that game....SEVERELY SUCKS....hard to believe that its still alive with all these WAY better games...but hey....its free....what else would you expect for free....

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-01-2003, 07:33 AM
Hey Z! Also to everyone else who remembers me I'm glad to be back and I think I'll stick around for a while. I'm still on 56k and things havent gotten better..now in my area my modem only connects at 28k but I still own in CS!:cool: I get an average ping of 300 and it shoots into the thousands occasionally (in which case I get owned:( ) lol. I am getting cable this month though so that will be a breakthrough! FINALLY!!

yay, counter strike rocks. Esspecialy that AWP :D

Not a big fan of awp..must be cuz of my dialup cuz when I try to use it I miss and get killed. Since there's a delay and so much lag, the shot hits on target but the TARGET is already gone..lol. I LOVE the Colt m4a1....that is tha SH**! also at times I like the sg552 and the aug...but yea...I'm really into CS..I saw my friend playing and I tried it..HOOKED! lol. So I downloaded Half-Life and CS and went to Wal-Mart and opened a Half-Life box and wrote down the CD Key ;). I was on my way!

topshot
08-01-2003, 08:48 AM
WHAT?!?!?!? DARTH YODA, THE HONORABLE SITH WARRIOR WHO DEFEATED ME AT BESPIN. HE'S BACK AFTER ALL THIS TIME?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! lol :p

Been a long time, DY. Glad to see you posting 'ere! And no, I'm with Z on this one. All I've ever played was the Jedi Knight series. Never played a single Counter-Strike at all. Pity my soul!

Mex
08-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Darth Yoda™
Hello all. Its been a LONG time since I posted here..I kinda drifted away from JK II and the forums went with it.:rolleyes: I started playing CS and WOW..way better than JK II...but I'm still a SW fan.:cool:

Way better than jk2? The graphics are about 3 years out of date now, the sounds are horrible. Its not as good as jk2 in any way.

Counter Strike = Crap.

Semicolon
08-01-2003, 09:56 AM
Yup, I play some CS every now and then. Used to be real big on it, but jk2 has taken up most of my life :D

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Way better than jk2? The graphics are about 3 years out of date now, the sounds are horrible. Its not as good as jk2 in any way.

Counter Strike = Crap.

Well, that may be true about the graphics and what not but its an overwhelming amount of fun. It provides just the right amount of realism so that the game makes you keep coming back for more. Don't get me wrong..I love JK II but the problem is my connection. Now that my modem only connects at 26k (Bad phone lines) my ping is always at 999 on JK II.:( On CS however I manage..not much better but at least I can play. Rest assured that when I get Cable (this month) I will be back in those JK II servers.:D Which brings me to my next point...

WHAT?!?!?!? DARTH YODA, THE HONORABLE SITH WARRIOR WHO DEFEATED ME AT BESPIN. HE'S BACK AFTER ALL THIS TIME?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! lol:p

Yeah Topshot...as soon as I get back into the game you're on my rematch list (I'm a fair guy:D ) But you'll have to give me time..I haven't played for AGES...literally. So yeah, when I'm up and running I'll let you know. Peace!

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
08-03-2003, 09:09 AM
CS was my absolute favorite game online of all time. I used to play all the time (before cheating was bad), but now I have to say the game is old and out-dated. I hope the Sierra boys realize what a jewel this is. I mean 80% of the world still plays CS while the other 20% is everything else. That's amazing, absolutely amazing!

What I don't understand is the next step in the CS process: CZ. The original dev team dropped CZ half way to work on something bigger (007 nightfire, lmao) and I know that they recruited a new team to pick up the slack. This, I feel, will ruin this game's potental. They literally have a gold mine here. By the time CS CZ comes out it will already be outdated. Looking at the statistics, all the dev team would need to do is recreate the original. Beef up the graphics, make new guns and maps, improve cheat technology, and voila another huge success.

I say they should make a CS off of the new HL2 engine immediately.

HertogJan
08-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Well Gooseman has confirmed a lot of months ago he IS working on CS2... And since Valve was already far in the HL2 process back then, CS2 will probably run on the Source engine, TF2 too I think... But I don't kn ow for sure.

I don't expect CS2 before late 2004, but still... CS:CZ seems a strange step for me, they should've released it 1 year ago!!

Thazac
08-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Oh yea, CZ is almost as delayed as Duke Forever :P
Anyway, yes, I play some CS and on our own server (81.224.186.141 if you want to try it).

Emon
08-03-2003, 03:54 PM
I suppose it's good if you like a not-very realistic realistic game that has totally gone down the crapper over the years...

TheJackal
08-03-2003, 05:16 PM
I still play. But only on servers of which I know people personnaly. Here are the general servers I play on:

66.208.103.88:27015
http://chaoticgroove.com
(I'm in the top 20 over there. i was #3 for a while but i was too busy to play for a while now)

66.208.102.156:27015
http://www.sobtribe.net/
(server has been reset and stats lost)

151.196.57.162:27015
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com/
(i might join this clan.... might)

If you ever go on this server look for ComradCanuck... which might change to Friendly.Canuck, but we'll see.

I jump from server to server depending who is playing on which server. (ColBatman, Tweed, G.I.Jane, Soma, Sam200*AntiHero, etc)

HertogJan
08-03-2003, 06:05 PM
I usually play on the Dutch "Zwaar van de Kaart" servers... The name means something like "totally drunk" ;) They have like 9 servers and all with nice ppl and pretty fast. It's nice to talk Dutch too :D

You can allways search for me using http://search.hlsw.net or http://www.gametiger.net , my name is:

[OOPS]HertogJan[NL]

It's just a funclan :)

Ratmjedi
08-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Well my friends got me back into the game. We go to this place called LanWerx were they mostly play CS but other games as well. They have a few servers but there aren't really any cheaters other than just screen hacking. We have our own little clan called |AJ| =American Jihad. Of course I am known as |AJ|R@7mj3di.18.

Have you guys ever tried plaing it with Pod Bots? I do cause I really don't play online from my house so it makes for good practice. Espicially since the bots are very smart and precise.

:duel: :lsduel:

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Well, I am known as o.S | DiRtY $oUtH just in case any of you run into me. As I said before I play on 56k that connects at 26400 BUT don't think thats to your advantage...I can still own with lag up the ass. I'm in a clan (duh..the tag) called Outlaw Stars but I'm still looking around just in case. I did, however, make the forums used by my clan.

Outlaw Stars Clan (http://outlawstarz.netfirms.com)
Outlaw Stars Forums (http://osforums.alturl.com) (Made by me :cool: )

P.S. - To Ratmjedi, can you clarify your CS name please, I don't know if the period at the end of it is part of the name of the end of the sentence??

Ratmjedi
08-05-2003, 08:39 PM
It's without the . man. Sorry about that.

:lsduel: :duel:

HaruGlory89
08-05-2003, 11:25 PM
*slaps Z* WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE [/caps] No Half life, No moh, no doom, no quake, no ut, no worms, no gta!!!!?!!??/?/slashslash? I fdeel sorry for you :'
Then feel sorry for me, I've never played online, only an cybercafes and on LAN.

CS is great, though it's just a bit outdated. I don't know about you, but FPS games with bad graphics make me sick.

By the way, ShockV1.89, where'd you get that emoticon? I want it!

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-06-2003, 03:15 AM
it's just a bit outdated

Well, if you think about it, it might be outdated but you have to admit there must be something good about it if its the most played online game on earth...:rolleyes:

Darth Groovy
08-06-2003, 05:37 AM
Never heard of it....

:p

Never played it though.

WolfmanNCSU
08-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Oh yeah, I loved CS. Have not played in a long time, but I was pretty good for a while. I was asked to join a clan or two but never did. I was in 2 TFC clans, one with some friend, and one with some clan that was getting started, but that was years ago. I have started to play DoD again, and have been kicking some ass in that. Some people asked me to join there clan, but I did not want to do that.

I think tonight I am going to download the new version of Natural Selection and give that a run through. Excellent mod. Lots of fun and requires a lot of team play.

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-08-2003, 11:50 AM
I think tonight I am going to download the new version of Natural Selection and give that a run through. Excellent mod. Lots of fun and requires a lot of team play.

What's Natural Selection?
:confused:

GUNNER
08-11-2003, 08:27 AM
CS takes up way to much of my time.

I'm in a clan called [SU] Slackers United.

Our server addy is su.nuclearfallout.net:27015

I play as [SU]Juggernaut

The server is in Seattle but we have guys from New York that can ping as low as 90.

Most of us are from the west coast. I ping at a 30-40 usually.

Crow_Nest
08-11-2003, 10:01 AM
What's Natural Selection?

Its a new half-life mod, i played it before, quite fun. But you might find it frustrating when its your first time playing. It just takes some getting used to.:rolleyes:

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-13-2003, 03:39 AM
It just takes some getting used to.

Thats true for almost anything in life but yea I think I will check that out. Is it similar to CS in any way?:confused:

XERXES
08-14-2003, 08:06 AM
I aint played CS in years.

As far as clans recruiting...I was in a few, and one of our rules was...if a player asked to be in your clan, they were automatically declined an opportunity. It was for the best cause that way we could pick out who really had skill, and was not just "showing off" to a clan. Worked out well me thinks.

Crow_Nest
08-14-2003, 09:46 AM
I aint played CS in years.

So did i

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-16-2003, 03:20 PM
As far as clans recruiting...I was in a few, and one of our rules was...if a player asked to be in your clan, they were automatically declined an opportunity. It was for the best cause that way we could pick out who really had skill, and was not just "showing off" to a clan. Worked out well me thinks.

Well, that may be a good technique but lets say that somebody is an excellent player but is either having a bad day or maybe has a slow connection. What then? You won't notice his "skill". Or let's say its a great player who has skill and happens to be playing at a friends house who has dialup. Then you won't notice his "skill" either.

KBell
08-16-2003, 03:23 PM
I would rather recruit my friends than people who were "Skilled"

That way i would have alot more fun :D

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by KBell
I would rather recruit my friends than people who were "Skilled"

That way i would have alot more fun :D

That is also a great point. Sometimes a clan's objectives should be to enjoy themselves as opposed to having the best players.

Lost Welshman
08-16-2003, 05:45 PM
HA HA HA HA HA, Counterstrike. That word used to bring me so much joy. I resently installed something from a demo dvd and now I can play it again! Little did I know every other server has cheating admins playing. I read the rules and it said:

'Anyone caught using cheats will be banned....

...anyone caught camping will be banned.....'

And then I died, so decided to fly around the level in spectator view and I noticed one of the admin guys. And he was see through, not completely invisible but very hard to notice, not only that, he wasn't moving *cough*camping*cough* Therefore, I don't play Counter-Strike anymore. I stick to good ol' Unreal Tourny 2003. Because I like et. (That's mean't to be et, not it. They mean the same though. :op because I say so.)

DiRtY $oUtH™
08-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Well, it makes the game that much more fun when you kill a cheater. Hehe....:D