View Full Version : Getting sound files from Quicktime.
07-30-2003, 05:21 AM
Is there any way that I can take just the sound from a quicktime movie and make an mp3 of it? Or any other burnable sound. I want a CD with the sound from the Red vs. Blue series to listen to in my car on trips.....Thank you all in advance. :D
07-30-2003, 06:34 AM
OK... this is what I posted in THE OTHER sound ripping thread ;) (OK I admit, it was about DVD sound ripping :P)
Well it doesn't give you the best of the best sound quality, but this is the way I do it:
- Klick on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of your screen (near the clock, the system tray)
- Go to properties, and select record
- There you must check the box next to "what u hear", if it isn't checked already that is
- Then in the main screen of the audio setup, with all the sliders 'n stuff, select the box under the slider of "what u hear"... This means any sound recording program will record exactly what you hear trough the speakers - including DVD sounds.
- Now just open cooledit (great program btw) and record. Then you just play the DVD and it will record the sounds...
I don't know of any way to directly extract the sounds, but this works too.
Oh and cooledit could be any program with a red 'record' button :)
07-30-2003, 01:22 PM
If you're using Quicktime Pro you can export directly to WAV format.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.