PDA

View Full Version : server

Ockniel
07-30-2003, 07:56 AM
ok, I want to make my own server instead of joining someone elses server but when I do "create Server" it starts up but it doesnt show up on the list.
Why?

Lil Killa
07-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ahnil8tor03
ok, I want to make my own server instead of joining someone elses server but when I do "create Server" it starts up but it doesnt show up on the list.
Why?

What is it thats not showing up?

if it's your map thats not showing up than u have done something wrong in the .arena script.

Ockniel
07-31-2003, 04:38 AM
arena script, do you know what Im talking about?, Im not talking about making levels Im talking about playing jediknightII via internet , and it wont show up on the list in the place where you join a game in the "join" section

rgoer
07-31-2003, 12:52 PM
There could be any number of things causing that--most likely, you either forgot to set your "max ping" higher than zero, or you are playing from behind a router and don't have a live ip address.

By the way, this kind of question isn't exactly appropriate for the mapping forum...

Lil Killa
07-31-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ahnil8tor03
arena script, do you know what Im talking about?, Im not talking about making levels Im talking about playing jediknightII via internet , and it wont show up on the list in the place where you join a game in the "join" section

well this thread is in the mapping/levels forum so expected it to have something to do with the mapping end. This thread should be in the swamp or one of thos other jk2 forums.

I know what your talking about cause I have the exact same prob. sometimes if u go to the "local" server lst and u should see yours if u made a dedicated server. if u made a non dedicated server than u should start it as a new game but your on your serve:D but if u want your friends to come to it you'll probably need to give the ip for them to find it. Definatly though it u have made a dedicated server u should be able to find it in your server list if u slick the source thing to local. Also if u make it dedicated make sure not to close the config window that pops up cause thats your server;)

If your having probs before u get to that part though than try the following. Click creat server and when u select play your on a "server so to speak. your comp is the server and if u have lan other players can join onto this server. now in the minu u just created your non dedicated server on u can select an option somewhere on the page that alows u to make your server dedicated. You might want to use this for online although u can still use the last option for online butif u exit the game the server gets shut down.

If none of that helps u ahnil8tor03 than I have no idea what your talking about : /

Ockniel
08-05-2003, 05:23 AM
whats the IP?:) :confused:

Lil Killa
08-06-2003, 01:40 AM
IP is an afress type of thing for your computer when it is online.

To find the ip of a server, join it and then go to the info (think thats it. it's oin the far left:D ) tab and the IP address is listed there.

BigTeddyPaul
08-06-2003, 06:41 AM
You created a listen server where only people who have access to your IP can join. To find your IP just go to any search engine and type in: What is my IP? Also to help create dedicated servers, besides using the one that comes with the game, you could use jedi runner for JK. Works great.

BigTeddyPaul