PDA

View Full Version : LotR: Return of the King Teaser

BigTeddyPaul
07-31-2003, 09:25 PM
For those who haven't seen it.

You can download it but you won't be able to see it so you have to click on the link. It does take like half a minute to load so do something else while it is loading.

LINK (http://home.primus.ca/~liam3/video/)

BigTeddyPaul

-=DarkZero=-
07-31-2003, 09:31 PM
Totaly frickin tight man

RoxStar
07-31-2003, 09:49 PM
*shrug*
The books are and will always be better.

XERXES
07-31-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by -=TheTycooner=-
*shrug*
The books are and will always be better. yes deffinately, but that doesnt mean you can be arrogant and not enjoy the movies.

RoguePhotonic
07-31-2003, 11:50 PM
I hit save as and was able to watch it...looks pretty good :D

RoxStar
08-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
yes deffinately, but that doesnt mean you can be arrogant and not enjoy the movies.

I really do enjoy the movies they are pretty true to the book. I just think they should have made 1 movie that was 24 hours long.

pbguy1211
08-01-2003, 12:21 AM
I really do enjoy the movies they are pretty true to the book. I just think they should have made 1 movie that was 24 hours long.
yeah.... why dont you front the money for it? ;)

legameboy
08-01-2003, 01:23 AM
I absolutely love the books, and I enjoy the movies because they provide a visual reference. :)

The Cheat
08-01-2003, 01:37 AM
just plain awesome, i cant wait for this

Darth Meatloaf
08-01-2003, 01:45 AM
*drools*

-Darth Meatloaf-

RoguePhotonic
08-01-2003, 01:52 AM
There isn't a high res version of that?...seems like a pretty offcial trailer.

pbguy1211
08-01-2003, 03:29 AM
there was a winrar version that had a 30mb file i was able to snare before they pulled it. the audio is a bit hissy, but the video isnt nearly as choppy.... and the lipsync is still off

BongoBob
08-01-2003, 06:13 AM
Can't wait...
Must watch movies!
*Goes and watches Fellowship and Two Towers in succesion*

BCanr2d2
08-01-2003, 07:38 AM
My precious.......

Shelob awaits!!!

RoguePhotonic
08-01-2003, 08:00 AM
I'm glad I didn't read any of the books because it makes it something new to me...everyone else is sitting watching the movie the first time and they know how it's going to end.

HertogJan
08-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Well I'm reading the book right now... Or er... I started reading it, I'm somewhere in The Two Towers now... But I think I'll finish the book before RotK ;)

But it's a sweet teaser :) Leaked?? You know warez are strictly forbidden on these forums :mad: :p

Darth Rythe
08-01-2003, 10:15 AM
not bad, not bad...

Semicolon
08-01-2003, 10:21 AM
I for one can't wait for that movie. I've just begun as a LOTR fan. Reciving my first book (the hobbit) as a christmas gift a few years ago. Ever since ive been a big fan and can't wat for The King return ;) What is the release date? I heard it was CHristmas 03 do they have a specific date yet?

Reclaimer
08-01-2003, 10:26 AM
SIMICOLON YOUR BACK! Everyone said you wern't

*cracks knuckels*

Time for some pay back to those liars.Zbomber, you guys know who you are.

Semicolon
08-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Hehe yes i'm back. Please don't hurt anyone who said I wasn't coming back...I changed my mind. I was going to leave for all the wrong reasons...Mainly becuz every thought I posted spam..But then i relized that I really have some true friends here, and post count dosn't matter here, it's the friends you make. It took me awhile to get that thorugh my thick skull but i did. And it's good to be back. And i'm staying :D

Reclaimer
08-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Thank YOU! We made a thread just for you to.

Semicolon
08-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Yes I saw that, thanks very much. I posted a more in dpeth reason for my absence there. Check it out guys and hopefully you all can forgive me :D

pbguy1211
08-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Semicolon
What is the release date? I heard it was CHristmas 03 do they have a specific date yet?
Dec. 17th :D

And the movie of the Two Towers ends before the book does... the book has a lot more and leaves you with a nice teaser. Then there's a wicked teaser in the middle of RotK when they switch books in there.

Semicolon
08-01-2003, 03:28 PM
The 17th eh?

lines up at local theater in a Nazgul outift

Boba Rhett
08-01-2003, 06:12 PM
*shrug*

Yes and apples are better than oranges too. :rolleyes:

HertogJan
08-01-2003, 06:18 PM
And beer's better than water :) Ah darn, can't I just make ONE remark not about beer?? ;)

RoxStar
08-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Yes and apples are better than oranges too. :rolleyes:

No oranges are better than apples. Unless they're green apples. Then they're even.

boinga1
08-01-2003, 09:28 PM
He was being sarcastic, man, that's what the :rolleyes: was for.

Sweet trailer, although...wtf is going on here :confused: :p

BTW, I tried to read the book, but...yechh. Middle Ages talk. Can't handle it.

Darklighter
08-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by RoguePhotonic
There isn't a high res version of that?...seems like a pretty offcial trailer.

*nods* I agree, and no sign of it on the Official Site (http://www.lordoftherings.net). Just a few posters, backgrounds and a gallery. The trailer looks fantastic, though I should avoid many more spoilers til I finish the book XD hehe

*shrug*

True, very true, the books will always be the original source of the story, but what you have to understand is that by making these films, Peter Jackson is not trying to compete with the book: he's merely extending the experience of the story through a more visual format (film), which unsurprisingly enough is a very popular source of entertainment. I reckon the books will always be better, yet I love watching the film, first of all because it is made bloddy well, and two because it allows me to understand things better that I didn't in the book ^^;

pbguy1211
08-02-2003, 12:22 AM
the trailer was posted on theonering.net early... wednesday? but by mid afternoon it was pulled after New Line asked them to do so.

XERXES
08-02-2003, 03:37 AM
I really do enjoy the movies they are pretty true to the book. I just think they should have made 1 movie that was 24 hours long. well if you have read The Two Towers you would know that it is in two parts, one part that includes the Battle of Hornburg as one part and the quest of Frodo and Sam as the other part...one could not make a movie in two completely different parts, it would be like watching two movies at once. They had to blend the two stories together to make it work nicely.

Also that warg attack and Aragorn falling into a river and getting swept away is new, wonder where that came from? It was cool though.

(btw I've goot a bootleg of TTT :D na na na na na na, also goot a Matrix one, but when Neo talks to the oracle it freezes and you cant watch anymore until the second disc where neo fights medieval style :D )

btw if yer bored check this out: http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/ Tolkein nuts will love this, there are pages about the movies/books comparisions too.

wassup
08-02-2003, 05:19 AM
W...O...W...

That Nazgul/Gandalf confrontation scene looks so cool...

RoxStar
08-02-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh it will........... it will................

|GG|Carl
08-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
My precious.......

Shelob awaits!!!
I can't believe that they put shelob in ROTK... I wanted her to be in TTT, as she is in the books!

BigTeddyPaul
08-02-2003, 06:03 PM
The reason she is in RotK is because

WARNING HAVENT READ THE BOOK DON'T READthe whole last half of the book about the Shire is not in there. Nothing. I imagine it ends right when the ring gets thrwon in and then they tie up lose ends. There is no talk about how Saruman corrputed the Shire and the fight to get it back.

BigTeddyPaul

|GG|Carl
08-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
The reason she is in RotK is because

WARNING HAVENT READ THE BOOK DON'T READthe whole last half of the book about the Shire is not in there. Nothing. I imagine it ends right when the ring gets thrwon in and then they tie up lose ends. There is no talk about how Saruman corrputed the Shire and the fight to get it back.

You've got to be kidding!!!
HAVE THEY TAKEN AWAY THE FUNNIEST PART OF ROTK?

hmm.... very bad... I was really looking forward to see that part...

BigTeddyPaul
08-02-2003, 09:27 PM
That was actually my favorite part too. If they get the hobbit people togeth I am pretty sure they can put together a 2 hour movie when they see the greenbacks to go with the Hobbit which I know they are going to make.

BigTeddyPaul

RoxStar
08-03-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
He was being sarcastic, man, that's what the :rolleyes: was for.

I was trying to be funny.

XERXES
08-05-2003, 02:26 AM
I wana see like at the end what happens to all the characters...sort of like a "how they lived out the rest of their lives" which would somehow tell us Sam becomes the mayor of the shire 5 or 6 times and has a daughter, Gimli and Legolas both sail away as friends, Elrond sailing away, all that good stuff you know.

Matt-Liell
08-05-2003, 01:57 PM
I Legolas shall return!:p

Looks frikin awesome, I just wonder why the official site didn't put it up yet?

RoxStar
08-05-2003, 06:23 PM
That probably means the teaser isn't official.

RoguePhotonic
08-05-2003, 09:43 PM
That sucks though...I want to see that trailer in high res...not a new one.

Matt-Liell
08-05-2003, 09:51 PM
That probably means the teaser isn't official.

No I figured out why, they are making a better action packed one and they are releasing it later and they are releaseing both at the same time.

RoxStar
08-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Where'd you figure that out?

=(BoD)= M.D.B.
08-07-2003, 06:25 PM
What, the best part of the rotk is'nt in the movie!!!!!!!!
*run away and hides in another thread*