PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still plays Baldur's Gate?

DarthMuffin
08-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Yipee!!!

I'm going through the whole saga again this summer! And it's still good after all those years (I know, I'm desperate. I *need* to play KotoR :whacked: ).

If you don't have it, you can get it really cheap here (www.interplay-store.com).

Trust me, it's worth $29!!!

Havoc Stryphe
08-01-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm currently Playing Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn with the Expansion Throne of Bhaal. I'm trying to take one character from beginning of Baldur's Gate I and export him and play him through Baldur's Gate II and export him and play him through Neverwinter Nights. So far I have a 20th Level Sorcerer who kicks ass! :D

Clefo
08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
I've been thinking of getting Baldur's Gate for awhile... Don't know why I didn't sooner

Voice of Reason: Because you spent all your summer money from your Library job on Anime DVDs and a Joystick..

God dammit...

One thing about BG I'm not clear on: Is it one character and a henchmen ala NWN or a Party system

Havoc Stryphe
08-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Clefo

One thing about BG I'm not clear on: Is it one character and a henchmen ala NWN or a Party system

It's a party System, you control the actions, level ups, inventories etc. of up to six members, but you can also set their AI scripts to limit micromanagement. All in all, I think the Baldur's Gate games were much more in depth story wise and in gameplay than Neverwinter nights ever was. So I say, go out and get a copy.

Clefo
08-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Hey, NWN is still good, but I'll steal... errr.. borrow with permission my mom's credit card when she gets home tonight, I need something to sustain me until school starts

DarthMuffin
08-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe
I'm currently Playing Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn with the Expansion Throne of Bhaal. I'm trying to take one character from beginning of Baldur's Gate I and export him and play him through Baldur's Gate II and export him and play him through Neverwinter Nights. So far I have a 20th Level Sorcerer who kicks ass! :D

You can't export your BG2 char in NWN. It was too difficult since NWN uses 3rd edition rules, abd BG uses 2nd.

I also agree when you say that BG is better than NWN. Neverwinter is good, but IMO, BG has a better replay value.

another_trooper
08-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Yes I play (im playing with a modem(thats right man. . .56k!!!yea!!!))

Better replay value, yes, but the i find that theres is no difference when you level up with your charecters in BG2, except for the spells.

Crazy_dog no.3
08-02-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm playing BG2 from time to time. All my characters were on max. level the latest I played.

Clefo
08-04-2003, 01:26 PM
I ordered BG2... Decided to start there... Should come by the end of the week (if not UPS will die, I NEED something that will last the rest of vacation and beyond)

DarthMuffin
08-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
I ordered BG2... Decided to start there... Should come by the end of the week (if not UPS will die, I NEED something that will last the rest of vacation and beyond)

Don't worry about the lenght, it's LONG.

Last summer, I was playing adictively (sp?) each day (we're talking about an easy 4 hours here) and I was at the last chapter of SoA after a month (and I missed some quests too).

Clefo
08-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I read in a review that the game can be 200 hours long which is like... wow

Clefo
08-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Note to self: Never order from the Interplay store ever again.

I ordered it on Sunday, and they haven't even gotten around to shipping it yet. *mumbles something*

Clefo
08-08-2003, 01:22 AM
I don't normally triple post, but seeing how I'm too lazy to edit and I have no reason to spam:

I got BG2 yesterday, turns out stupid Interplay never updated my order... Great fun, BG2 is, got a Level 9 Inquisitor Character going..

*Idea* We should try to get a mp game started or something