PDA

View Full Version : Raise your hand if you think Calo Nord is a cockbite

Owl
08-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Argh! I HATE that guy! First, I tried running into him on Kashyyk. Kicked my butt. Then I tried running into him on Tatooine. Still kicked my butt. I got farther with the battle on Tatooine, but I was still defeated. Keeping in mind I've got two Jedis and HK-47, all using energy sheilds, with the the humans using those alcrity(sp?) thingies, Bastila's doing her "burst of speed" dealey, my guy has a saber in each hand, using Stasis and Whirlwind whenever he can, HK-47's script is set to "Grenade Guy", and I usually start of the battle with a concussion grenade. I can kill his little buddies off pretty easy, but Calo is immune to EVERYTHING. It's really starting to tick me off. Stasis? Doesn't work. Drain Life? Little to no damage. Stabbing him repeatedly in the head with a double-bladed lightsaber? Go ahead, take off a measly 3 HP. At most.

I just hate that guy so much! How am I supposed to beat this guy?

Reclaimer
08-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Alright one yeah he sucks. Two cockbite is not approprite do you know what a cockbite is. arghh your disgusting.:barf:

Owl
08-01-2003, 07:18 PM
What can I say, he brings out the worst in me.

Rogue15
08-02-2003, 05:39 AM
I killed him on my first try in manaan. i lmfao. Sucks that darth brandon's a bitch.....

Wesia Daoke
08-02-2003, 02:37 PM
i dont think we should curse on the forums guys and hey ur a Mod? what tha? can we curse?

Owl
08-02-2003, 03:19 PM
Y'know what? I take back what I said before. I love Calo Nord. He's my bestest pal in the whole freakin' world. Believe me, he's much more fun when he's dead.

MWA HA HA HA HA ha *hack* *cough* AHEM!

Sorry about that.

Rogue15
08-02-2003, 03:42 PM
lol, of course you can curse, tho i don't recommend it, i'd say it's alright as long as you're not directing it at another member of lucasforums or provoking a flame war. :) Don't try to by-pass the censor though, that's a no-no.

Com Raven
08-02-2003, 04:06 PM
I shall put you all on my list...

Wesia Daoke
08-02-2003, 05:38 PM
ur list of wut? and if its somethin bad? me? no?

Rogue15
08-02-2003, 05:45 PM
I hope by that, you meant buddy list. :)

Owl
08-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Or list of people you want to send money to.

Wesia Daoke
08-02-2003, 07:26 PM
that would be nice. and if its a bad list. i didnt do anything. but complain thats all. :(

Com Raven
08-02-2003, 08:31 PM
The truth shall be revealed in due time

swphreak
08-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Calo Nord was a piece of cake. And Darth Bandon was easy too... unless the Dark Side is stronger than the puny Light Side :p

Com Raven
08-02-2003, 10:01 PM
Well, it is a official fact that the dark side is easier to play :)

Icehawk1
08-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Call me a wuss but I find it hard to do some of the dark side things, like kill some random person who is innocent, even if it is just a video game.

Although com raven is right if you mean xp, and credit wise. I'm updating my guide right now to include xp, and credit totals you get for doing quests the dark, or light side way. The dark side is way easier.

Take Largo's bounty quest for example.

If you do it the Dark side way, for kill Largo you get 400 XP, then the bounty money.

If you do it the light side way, you get 110 XP, yet you lose 200 credits (or 150, if you made him give you the 50 credits before paying him)

Terribly unbalanced, I don't think there are many quests in the game where you get more xp/credits for the light side.

Rogue15
08-03-2003, 03:08 AM
I find it harder to do the dark side stuff too, i don't like how the emotions of the other characters are affected by it. they're all 'OMG, HOW COULD YOU =( ' and have a sad tone in their voice, and it gives me a guilt trip!!!!!! lol!

Icehawk1
08-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Well maybe if you use HK47, and Canderous you will get praise since they are both dark side. I personally don't like using blasters with any character though, because then you have less people taking damage, so they die easier.

Seifer02
08-03-2003, 03:33 PM
I killed Nord my first time, he was pretty annoying (used 4 advanced meds) but i wont. I had Carht and Bastilla with me.

Bandon was sooooooooo ez. Now that i have jolee i just stasis everyone and beat them snotless while they sit there.

boinga1
08-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Forgive me for asking...exactly what bonuses do you get for being a 'pure' lightsider or darksider?

Jedi Apprentice
08-04-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Calo Nord was a piece of cake. And Darth Bandon was easy too... unless the Dark Side is stronger than the puny Light Side :p

Same here and I was pure lightside.

I killed both easily on my first try.

And R15, I get those same feelings as I am playing through as dark side now. I feel so......so.....evil.........:(

:dev11:

Rogue15
08-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Well, now I'm at Saul. brandon was easy, after i figured out how to query commands (yes, ran about 40 hours w/o knowing how to set them cause me=lazy).

Boba Rhett
08-04-2003, 04:02 PM
I really like Calo. :(

MiGiT109
08-04-2003, 06:43 PM
killin people for money must give u such a good feeling:fett:

StarScream423
08-05-2003, 05:06 AM
Both of them were really easy, I killed Calo in like 30 seconds, just take out his henchmen then focus all 3 chars on him. Do the same with Bandon, that's what I always do with bosses, I usually have 2 jedi with me, very rare that I have more or less than 2.

Rogue15
08-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I really like Calo. :(

yeah, i wish running away was an option. =/ I thought it was funny in the cantina when he was counting to 3.

Com Raven
08-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Hmm, I finished him on my first try on Tatooine :)

Rjaniz
08-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Something keeps bugging me about what you guys are saying.

I only ever ran into Calo twice. once on Taris(where you escape with the Ebon), and once on Tatooine(after finding the star map. He died there).

Are there other encounters you have with him?

As for the Dark side being "easier," I REALLY don't think so! Heheh These actors are selling it so well, that I'm right there with Rogue15 about being on a major guilt trip. And even so, the guys I whooped up on when I was lightsider are now handing me my bum when I'm dark.

They also clam up on the information. From my estimate, I've gotten maybe 1/8 of the info I did when I was on the lightside.

Com Raven
08-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Well, you obviously chose to go to Tatooine after leaving Dantooine, as did I...

But if you chose another planet, and found the star map there....

DivinerSage
08-23-2003, 02:28 AM
*HAND RAISED*

Yup Calo is a cocky puss. He starts counting to three like my MOM use to do when I was 3. I slaughtered him mercilessly. He is much more entertaining skewered on my light sabre....

Zeta
09-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Call me a wuss but I find it hard to do some of the dark side things, like kill some random person who is innocent, even if it is just a video game.

damn...i have that too, i feel so bad when i kill em for no reason, once i left a wookie to die but i couldn't do it and gave him a medpac, wookies are so cute and fuzzy =) i never got full dark becuase i'm so nice. =P

Zeta
09-01-2003, 01:38 AM
by the way yes he is a "cockbite", i think you should change that...its just nasty....never will try it.

SamNMax
09-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Rjaniz

As for the Dark side being "easier," I REALLY don't think so! Heheh These actors are selling it so well, that I'm right there with Rogue15 about being on a major guilt trip. And even so, the guys I whooped up on when I was lightsider are now handing me my bum when I'm dark.

Nope. It's a proven fact that the Dark Side is easier. *Cough, cough. And stronger. Cough*

IcEdOuT
09-01-2003, 10:57 PM
I thought Brandon and Calo where easy, just used kill on both of them and it only took like 30 sec

StarScream423
09-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Jeez, I played the lightside and was wanting to make somedarkside decisions near the end of the game. I wouldn't find it that hard to make the darkside decisions ingame. ;)

Zeta
09-03-2003, 01:38 PM
wow, you must be really nice...

JKLWEHVJKDFBHKH
09-04-2003, 11:31 PM
he deserved to die plusi think he liked getting a lightsaber shoved up his @ss

JKLWEHVJKDFBHKH
09-05-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by DivinerSage
*HAND RAISED*

Yup Calo is a cocky puss. He starts counting to three like my MOM use to do when I was 3. I slaughtered him mercilessly. He is much more entertaining skewered on my light sabre....

i agree

Tie Pilot
09-25-2003, 04:44 PM
I also find it really hard to do the dark things(i know i know its a video game) no other video game has made me feel sad to be evil the things you can do are just so amazing, and some very cruel things to, i feel disturbed when i do bad things(sounds very wussy i know, but im not usually like this) some things are really disturbing like the evil Bastilla:( , lucky i made her turn away, just having the game affect me that way was great, I ACTUALLY GENUINELY WANTED HER TO COME BACK TO LIGHTSIDE!! you really start to care about the characters, hehehe Jolees grumpiness is funny:p

HapkidoKillah
04-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Shut your mouth! Calo Nord is the man. Total badass.

Venom750
04-19-2004, 06:17 PM
I have a question about Calo Nord is he a mandalorian?:fett:

Grishnakh
04-19-2004, 07:26 PM
I agree that some of the darkside things can be hard to do. I remember on my first darkside save when I killed Jolee and Juhani and later on Mission and Zaalbar just because they wouldn't bow down to me, I felt really bad about it. I think it just proves how great this game is when you get so sucked in that you feel bad about killing innocent people and doing other bad stuff, especially when you kill someone in your party you feel like you have got to know.

kipperthefrog
04-24-2004, 02:55 AM
THIS HAND ALSO RAISED!

Andi have a good way to beat Calo too!
Here it is:

- You use Canderus and at least one guy that can use a SWORD and equip him with a sword (not lightsabers! Zaalbar if you have him)
-Then use energy sheilds to protect all your guys because Calo uses blasters only!
-kill his henchmen first then equip Revan and Canderus with swords focus what characters you have left on CALO!
-(the reason you use swords is Calo uses energy sheids and swords do full damage wrether the enemy uses sheilds or not!)
-(remember if your sheilds run out, reactivate them! good sheilds guarding aginst Calo's blasts will more than make up for your turn reactivating them!

Basicly, Calo's weakness is he relies on sheilds and blasters! bypass his blasters using sheilds and bypass his sheilds using steel swords!

kipperthefrog
04-24-2004, 03:08 AM
I also have another thing to say! i started playing on the dark side and i at first laughed when i did cruel things, then when my face gradualy deformd on my girl, then i felt sad, like i actualy did those things! and im being consumed by the dark side! the i switched to light side working my way back up!
when bastilsa fell i saved her and got the light side ending! Master Vendar talked abou "the redemption of Revan!" how fitting!

dark jedi 8
04-27-2004, 07:00 PM
calo was easy, just use melee weapons/lightsabers and grenades and you'll be able to take him down. plus he drops a sweet pair of mandalorian blasters that kick ass. I usually beat him on tatooine but when i beat him on kyyyshak it was a little harder b/c he was flanked by 2 wookies.:cool:

Sam Fisher
05-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Mmm.. Bandon was harder.

But still, Calo is annoying.

Bobafett12
05-10-2004, 05:30 PM
He was easy, I beat him on Kashyyyk. That was the first place I went too.:fett:

Poggle
05-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Calo has an energy shield so use a vibroblade and he'll die alot quicker but he isn't that hard anyway as mentioned just take out his henchman first piece of cake :)

Cassus Fett
05-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
Well, now I'm at Saul. brandon was easy, after i figured out how to query commands (yes, ran about 40 hours w/o knowing how to set them cause me=lazy).

I played through the whole game before I knew how to queue your attacks. So don't feel bad. I think the instructions aren't very clear on several different points of the control scheme.

Cassus Fett
05-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Venom750
I have a question about Calo Nord is he a mandalorian?:fett:

I don't think that he is a Mandalorian.