PDA

View Full Version : How do you find the eye toy for PS2?

Wanderer
08-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Well, I bought it today...and found it very nice. Could be that there was a thread like this ago...but I can't remember.

So....I think it's another step.
Once a time we'll be able to act in virtual worlds like we do now in the real world.....fascinating....frightening;)

Do some guys of you know 'Otherland'?

Semicolon
08-02-2003, 02:36 PM
I've actaully never head of it. What does it do?

Wanderer
08-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Semicolon
I've actaully never head of it. What does it do?

It's a cam...like a webcam and with it there are several games...like destroying rockets or boxing.
You do the game not by using a controller but moving your hands....etc.
For example boxing....the camera shows you in the background while playing....your opponent stands right from you...now you can punch him in the face. I think you can hit with every part of your body....it's fun!(Hihi:D).

Semicolon
08-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Oh. That sounds neat. Too bad i'm not a ps2 fan ;)

coupes.
08-02-2003, 03:52 PM
That 'system' is pretty old, I remember when I was a kid we went to some tech museum (in Ottawa) and this technology was displayed, you could play a soccer or hockey goaltender and stop balls/pucks, there was also another game I can't remember. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see what they can do with newer technology now, but I'm not sure this will be very popular, the limitations are pretty important. And I don't think the future of gaming lies in this direction, well I hope it doesn't. I think the future games will feature a 'real' virtual world where you play your character with his own POV and such, but we're still a long way to getting this in our living rooms.