PDA

View Full Version : Good Club music...Work out music

volcom
08-04-2003, 04:56 AM
Any one have any good club/dance/workout music songs I am looking for some good ones, titles and artists of your favorites are awesome..

I want to make a cd compiled of some good songs for my workout routine (no destinys child and britney stuff....I have that already and I need something new) I love punk and stuff, it just doesn't go with my work out hehehehe

If no one knows of any, I am really sorry and hope I didn't offend this widely & almost only male forum :P

A list of those I hope you don't mention:

"I like big butts and I cannot lie...."
Anything by the backstreet boys or other wussies (sorry)
no britney
no christina A.
nooooooooooooo JLO!!
"they're not gonna get us...not gonna blah blah" I have that one
and im sick of it now-sorry again
anything else corny or annoying......

Again...hoping I didn't offend many...Post Away!

pbguy1211
08-04-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by volcom
I want to make a cd compiled of some good songs for my workout routine (no destinys child and britney stuff....I have that already

*Lowers head in shame FOR volcom* You actually OWN that crap? I hope you at least got it from someone as opposed to actually paying for that crap...

volcom
08-04-2003, 06:21 AM
penpals from message boards send me all kinda of napster burned cds of songs they like....I end up with all this stuff. I did buy Britney cd for my friend cuz they wanted the slave song..but otherwise i wouldnt put my babysitting and allowence toward that stuff

pbguy1211
08-04-2003, 06:29 AM
okay... you got me there... she's INCREDIBLY hot in that video!!! And the way she's shakin' that... DAMN!!! And most of her other videos too... though she seems REALLY friggin' dopey and flaky... or is it just because she's southern? But i'd never be caught alive or dead with any of her music in my possession!

STTCT
08-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Go to Billboard.com

It will give you a list of TOP Dance songs or Top whatever songs You can choose your list from there.

volcom
08-04-2003, 06:59 AM
I know u know some good ones STTCT ur not getting out of this...hehhshahhha

Rogue15
08-04-2003, 06:24 PM
do you like trance?

www.tranceaddict.com has a ton of live sets, it's free AND LEGAL to dload. I recommend 'astral projection' and both the paul van dyk ones.

Sherack Nhar
08-04-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure if it would be a good workout song, but it's certainly a GREAT cleaning song: Benny Benassi - Satisfaction

volcom
08-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
do you like trance?

www.tranceaddict.com has a ton of live sets, it's free AND LEGAL to dload. I recommend 'astral projection' and both the paul van dyk ones.

Yep and thanks for the website and songs, I am gonna deff check it out

Admiral
08-04-2003, 10:00 PM
how about Britne...oh forgot you don't want that.

um. Rhapsody has some good music.

Boba Rhett
08-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Zion - Fluke
Burly Brawl - Juno Reactor
Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
Boysetfire - high wire escape artist
Set Me Free - GNR
Gasoline - Audioslave
I Am The Highway - Audioslave
Zombie - Cranberries
No Rain - Blind Melon
All For Love - Color Me Bad
Stand - R.E.M.
Birdhouse In Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
Bicycle Race - Queen
Save me - Remy Zero
Fade - Staind
Wonderwall - Oasis
I Ran - Flock of Seaguls
Orange Blossom Special - Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs
Electrical Storm - U2
Joyeux calvaire - Les Cowboys Fringants (*winks at Phil :D*)
No Leaf Clover - Metallica

I know, I know. It's a wierd list but I can't help myself. I'll dig more later.

volcom
08-04-2003, 11:53 PM
wow thats a long list~ thanks!! I have that one song Wake me up cuz Paul Mccoy sings in it, great reccomendation on that one, not sure if I have heard of some of the others but thats why I am asking people, is for ones I probably hadnt heard of or thought of. Woot!

Reclaimer
08-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Bicycle Race - Queen

I know, I know. It's a wierd list but I can't help myself. I'll dig more later.

Not only Bicycle Race by Queen but all there song!

pbguy1211
08-05-2003, 01:57 AM
especially fat bottom girls ;)

Clefo
08-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Gasoline - Audioslave
I Am The Highway - Audioslave

As an owner of the Audioslave Album: Gasoline would be a good motovater/workout song, but I Am The Highway is a song you listen to when you feel depressed. (course, I could be wrong)

Some more in the rock vein that I think would work (course, I could be wrong)

311 - Creatures (For Awhile)
AFI - Girl's Not Grey
Chavelle - The Red
Eve 6 - Promise
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot!
Gorillaz - 19-2000
Less Than Jake - The Science Of Selling Yourself Short
Offpring - Come Out And Play
Powerman 5000 - When World's Collide
Rage Against The Machine - Gurellia Radio
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Soundgarden - Outshined
Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden
Sublime - April 26, 1992
Trapt - Headstrong
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

I chose most of these songs due to inspiring instrimentation or good rhythim for dancing or working out or something

Darth Homer
08-05-2003, 03:32 AM
I shall list albums, as I find that easier than DLing/ripping the songs and burning them...and also these are albums that would help me :)

Artist Name - Album Title

Queens of the Stoneage - Songs for the Deaf
Audioslave - Audioslave
Green Day - International Superhits
Live - Throwing Copper
Smashing Pumpkins - Meloncholy & the Infinite Sadness
Metallica - Metallica (Black Album)
Queen - Greatest Hits (I, II, & III)
Led Zeppelin - Untitled (a.k.a. Zoso, a.k.a. Led Zeppelin IV)
Perl Jam - State College Pennsylvania May 3rd 2003 (3 disk live cd...36 songs & 3 encores long :) )
AC/DC - Live
Pink Floyd - The Wall
U2 - Joshua Tree
Powerman 5000 - Tonight the Stars Revolt
Collective Soul - 7even Year Itch

volcom
08-05-2003, 06:10 AM

Redwing
08-05-2003, 07:07 AM
Any one have any good club/dance/workout music songs I am looking for some good ones, titles and artists of your favorites are awesome..

I don't know if this fits your criteria, but why not try Prozzak? ^_^ (The band not the drug :p)

Rogue15
08-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Disturbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liberate your mind you- *gets censored and kicked in the privates repeatedly*

Ray Jones
08-05-2003, 03:02 PM

I want to make a cd compiled of some good songs for my workout routine (no destinys child and britney stuff....I have that already and I need something new) I love punk and stuff, it just doesn't go with my work out hehehehe

If no one knows of any, I am really sorry and hope I didn't offend this widely & almost only male forum :P

A list of those I hope you don't mention:

"I like big butts and I cannot lie...."
Anything by the backstreet boys or other wussies (sorry)
no britney
no christina A.
nooooooooooooo JLO!!
"they're not gonna get us...not gonna blah blah" I have that one
and im sick of it now-sorry again
anything else corny or annoying......

Again...hoping I didn't offend many...Post Away!

strictly ryddm i say. go get some beats. i mean real beats. beats and rhymes, y'know..

go hiphop. no i dont meant rnb n soul .. crap .. i mean stuff like

wu
busta rhymes
eminem
missy elliot
rödelheim hardreim projekt
cool savage
eimsbush

etc i think you got it.

btw. i agree your 'banned' list .. except C.A. .. she know how to kick ass.. but she doesnt all the time..

volcom
08-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by RayJones
btw. i agree your 'banned' list .. except C.A. .. she know how to kick ass.. but she doesnt all the time..

dirty is a good dance song...but it got so much radio&video play and especially with the media...that I've just heard it too much. I do like the song fighter...but it is also becoming overplayed via video and stuff...but I do still like the song... other than that most of the songs on her new CD are ballads and just were'nt something I would listen too while I was dancing/working out... maybe if I was feeling depressed or something (jk)

pbguy1211
08-06-2003, 04:40 AM
T.A.T.U. rules... period. Any chicks pretending to be lesbians, that go so far as to kiss each other to make me believe... kick ass! :D

Redwing
08-06-2003, 05:43 AM
The chicks *are* gay. The whole "controversy" is about whether they're together or not. I don't care.

I pretty much hated Christina in the past, but after "Beautiful" my respect for her went up a few notches.

pbguy1211
08-06-2003, 06:37 AM
actually... i had heard they had boyfriends... but it was supposed to be very hush hush so they can sell their schtick.

STTCT
08-06-2003, 12:35 PM
I just don't understand what it all has to do with their music. Would they be a success if they weren't gay?

pbguy1211
08-06-2003, 02:19 PM
nope. have you any idea how much media coverage they've had for all that? and ANY media publicity is good publicity. especially in that field. you can't buy that kind of pub.

Ray Jones
08-06-2003, 02:32 PM
i know three songs of tatu. or otherwise said.. i knew three songs of ace of base and i knew ALL.

it's the same with tatu. high screaming voices which repeating always the same verse. works exactly ONE time per artist.
it's plastic-tihs i say... (my op)

plus the are young petulant and bitchy girls with 'nice' attitudes.

no big thing...

I pretty much hated Christina in the past, but after "Beautiful" my respect for her went up a few notches.

i could stand her at the beginning .. but i realized she 'develops' somehow and gets away from that 'i once was casted' crap.. that impressed me maybe.. or i just found it OK .. anyway. she has skills and tatu not.

:) :)

pbguy1211
08-06-2003, 03:00 PM
all i know is this... they're my new favorite band after the mtv movie awards performance! ;) and i use the term "band" very lightly since neither of them plays an instrument and isnt worth of the "band" label. :mad: