View Full Version : Help...
08-06-2003, 10:50 PM
I was installing Icewind dale II on my PC halfway through it crashed. After restarting I found out that I could neither uninstall nor reinstall it. Help...
08-06-2003, 11:04 PM
You'll probably have to edit your registery to remove the keys. That way the comuter will think the game is uninstalled. That's already assuming you've already deleted the install folder. Try that first. If you still can't uninstall or reinstall... try this... but be sure it's that important. Editing your registry can competely destroy Windows forcing you to reinstall.
1. Click start and click on Run.
2. Type in "regedit" without the quotes.
3. Navigate the drop down menu:
- Drop the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder
- Drop the SOFTWARE folder
4. Now look for a folder that's related to your game. It will probably be labeled as the publisher of the game. So it should have a label related to Black Isle Studios. It may not. Look at the game box for company names.. with any luck, one of them will be on there. Also, if you have two of the same games by them, you may have to drop it down again and select a sepcific game. I'm leaving most of this step up to your common sense...
5. Select the whole folder and just delete it. (ie, the game folder, NOT the SOFTWARE folder. For the love of god, do NOT delete the SOFTWARE folder.)
Try reinstalling the game and it should work.
**NOTE**: If you arn't able to follow my instructions to the T, then ABORT THE PROCESS. Don't continue trying to do it on guess work, not unless you're willing to have to restore your computer to factory default with your restore disk (Or format your hard drive and reinstall windows if you built it yourself)
08-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Make sure u back your registry up before u do this:D
08-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Hey, thanks! I realised there was a problem in one of the uninstall keys. Now it works just fine! Thanks a lot!!!!! Thanks!:) :) :) :) :)
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.