PDA

View Full Version : Jango, Boba, Arc Clone, Clone models

Pages : [1] 2 3

NeoMarz1
08-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I have been working on Jango, Boba, Arc Clone, and Clone models for AOTC/TC mod team. If your not familiar with the Mod you should be. It is going to feature some pretty hot stuff. Just so you get a feel of what I'm talking about. All three models will feature 3 different jet packs, and also have non helmeted versions. All info can be reviewed at http://www.geocities.com/neomarz1@sbcglobal.net/
or
http://aotctc.com/site/index.php
http://www.geocities.com/neomarz1@sbcglobal.net/JangoCloneBLitz.jpg

The model is nearly finished, and hopefully you will see something soon. Stay tuned, Mars out!

The Cheat
08-14-2003, 12:33 PM
those look sweet, btw is the boba gonna be the kid boba since it is attack of the clones?

Matt-Liell
08-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Looks cool, and ya I agree the Boba Fett model should be scaled doiwn to look like a kid, maybe give him scraps of different Mandalorian armour like Jangos helmet, and then maybe give him his green suit and a differeny jetpack since it is Episode II and the last you see of him he is holding Jango's helmet.

NeoMarz1
08-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
Looks cool, and ya I agree the Boba Fett model should be scaled doiwn to look like a kid, maybe give him scraps of different Mandalorian armour like Jangos helmet, and then maybe give him his green suit and a differeny jetpack since it is Episode II and the last you see of him he is holding Jango's helmet.

Well actually, Boba is just an extra... He's not intended to be used as a supporting character in ATOC mod. There will be different varients of Mandolorians so that players will be able to customize thier own characters to the extent of choice. Mars out!

Toonces
08-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Oh my!

Mars, your work just keeps getting better and better :D

Hellfire Jedi
08-14-2003, 06:09 PM
What happened to good ol' Toonces' work?

Marz, that Jango...its just the best Jango I've seen. :o

Eldritch
08-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Very impressive, Marz. So THIS is where you've been and what you've been doing... ;)

I've not heard of an Arc-Clone though... what exactly are they?

The Cheat
08-14-2003, 10:15 PM
the arc-clone is from the cartoon network series clone wars i believe

NeoMarz1
08-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
Oh my!

Mars, your work just keeps getting better and better :D

Hey Toonces!! Glad to see your still alive, Thanks man that means alot. The next project is always ahead, right? Good to hear from you... Hope we get a chance to work together again, Mars out!

NeoMarz1
08-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
Very impressive, Marz. So THIS is where you've been and what you've been doing... ;)

I've not heard of an Arc-Clone though... what exactly are they?

Well Dark horse has featured them in a few comics, Basically they are the elite commandos in the clone army ranks. I didnt know much about em, till one of the guys at AOTC mentioned em. I have another surprise... Lets just say that I have added a concept character that fills those ranks as well ;) This model will be very cool, just wait. Mars out!

NeoMarz1
08-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by The Cheat
the arc-clone is from the cartoon network series clone wars i believe

Your right Cheat, they will make appearances in the anime series. Mars out

The Cheat
08-14-2003, 11:34 PM
yeah if i remember correctly they were trained personally by jango fett

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/arctroopers/eu.html

DarkLord60
08-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Toonces were have you been man havent seen you around AOTCTC forums lately? Any way we should be releasing Jango soon, well that is if Marz wants to. When he gives me the ok I will personally upload it to our site for download ok.

NeoMarz1
08-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Toonces were have you been man havent seen you around AOTCTC forums lately? Any way we should be releasing Jango soon, well that is if Marz wants to. When he gives me the ok I will personally upload it to our site for download ok.

Heck yeah, I want it released immediately, I just don't know what Anakin thinks. Not sure if were doing a beta release with maps or what? I know Psyko's model was finished (right?), and we havent released it, but my vote is to get things released soon for at least beta, we got to keep interest in this mod. Mars out

Hellfire Jedi
08-15-2003, 12:08 PM
Thats good news.

The Cheat
08-15-2003, 01:16 PM
sweet i cant wait to play this one, btw is it made to remove the rocket in that movie mod? i was just wondering, it looks sweet either way and i cant wait to play it

The Cheat
08-15-2003, 03:03 PM
wow i just checked the aotc:tc forums and there are some nice pics of the boba skin in there, i can not wait for this pack, they look very cool, i cant wait to see some shots of the clones

boinga1
08-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Arc troopers and Jangos and clones, oh my!

The Cheat
08-16-2003, 01:55 PM
hey mars what model did psycho make or are you not allowed to say and are going to keep it a suprise?

NeoMarz1
08-16-2003, 02:38 PM
hey mars what model did psycho make or are you not allowed to say and are going to keep it a suprise?

Psyko's model I believe he has posted screens back at AOTC/TC... If your talking about my little secret for this model... No its gonna be a surprise. Sorry

NeoMarz1
08-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Here are the first ingame screenshots, No gear has been added yet... this is just the base model. Mars out!

http://forums.aotctc.com/files/jangoingame.jpg

The Cheat
08-16-2003, 02:47 PM
wow that looks really sweet mars, i can not wait for this pack to be released been waiting for a good clone/mandalorian model for a while

NeoMarz1
08-16-2003, 02:54 PM
wow that looks really sweet mars, i can not wait for this pack to be released been waiting for a good clone/mandalorian model for a while

Dang Cheat! You are the "Post Master", I just put this up... thanks for the interest man... Talk to you later, Mars out!

Hellfire Jedi
08-16-2003, 03:02 PM
That is...amazing.

Higginson
08-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Very, VERY nice work there Mars. cant wait for this one! hopefully someday i will be able to model like that. *gets down on knees and prays to God*

The Cheat
08-17-2003, 02:38 AM
yeah i was in the forums like all day because i had nothing to do and i kept checking the showcase forum, mainly because of this thread because it just looks so awesome

Psyk0Sith
08-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Ive added pretty much all the gear, we'll need to sort out the surf files...here's Jango wearing the helmet:

http://www.geocities.com/psykopat.geo/jango-1.txt

Hellfire Jedi
08-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Amazing...I wish I could beta test that... I prolly can't because its for AoTC. Amazing...:o

Anakin
08-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Yippee!!!

Glad to see we are still alive and still got the intrest- does this mean I have to get Corascant screenies up soon ?

Anakin

The Cheat
08-17-2003, 11:15 PM
wow, that looks awesome psycho, cant wait for all this stuff to be released

NeoMarz1
08-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Dang Psyko, Thanks for posting that. You work fast... It's very refreshing to see how he came out with the gear. I'm gonna start lining up the surf files tonight. Mars out!

The Cheat
08-18-2003, 12:37 PM
sweet how many different versions of jango you think you will have mars?

boinga1
08-18-2003, 10:13 PM
:rock: Oh, man, that's some sweet stuff there...are the Arcs and Jango the same model? They're different, right?

NeoMarz1
08-19-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
:rock: Oh, man, that's some sweet stuff there...are the Arcs and Jango the same model? They're different, right?

Yes and No. It's funny that people put out a lot of work on one model, and dont add a little extra. I was looking through the some starwars books, and realized that a lot of the same elements could be seen between the Mandolorians, and clones. I felt that the similaritys were close enough to share the same model elements. Whats different? the helmets, and a few accesories. You can get a lot out of one model with a little creativity. This model alone features 3 major model sets, but really with the accessories and skin varients, well... lets just say that there are more possibilities than I can figure. Example: you can have several different Mandolorians that can feature any of the accessories that the Clones have, such as the ARC shoulder pads. This would make a unique Mandolorian character. I plan on making a few varients, but I certainly can't explore all of em... the file size would be crazy, plus you would have over 20 or 30 icons. Good news is that anyone who knows how manipulate the skin files can create their own unique character. In short this is a skinners dream. Mars out!

The Cheat
08-19-2003, 03:09 PM
sweet, probably can be manipulated by having a different surf file for each skin turning certain things on and off, i can not wait for this to be released though, this is by far the most awesome model pack in my opinion (other good ones include the twileks, mon calimaris, and battle droids) because this one can be changed so much from the base model giving it so many possibilities for future skins

Crowy
08-19-2003, 10:29 PM
WOW!! i cant beleive i didnt see this thread sooner!!! excellent work marz!!!

The Count
08-19-2003, 10:44 PM
I must admit, I lost interest in AotCTC ages ago, however Marz that model is absolutley fantastic, the best Jango Fett Model out there, and this model made me pop over to the AoTCTC Website and check on the forums.

DarkLord60
08-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Well Neo I could make the sounds for you and also put it up on our site when your ready. Ok, just let me know.

NeoMarz1
08-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by The Count
I must admit, I lost interest in AotCTC ages ago, however Marz that model is absolutley fantastic, the best Jango Fett Model out there, and this model made me pop over to the AoTCTC Website and check on the forums.

I'm glad you made the visit. The thing about mods is that you have to get people involved. A lot of us have lives outside our creations, it's sad because, really if I had any choice, this is all I would ever do. unfortunately, I cant put all my time into this, but I try... just ask my family. I want people to be interested in this project, so I'm doing every thing in my power to make this an interesting mod. Of course we have a lot of others involved as well. The tough part is getting everyone on the same page, and with my life being as busy as it is, its tough! I know we have some key players involved, so I really believe that we can bring a quality product to the community. Thanks Count, I hope your around for the download, Mars out!

NeoMarz1
08-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Well Neo I could make the sounds for you and also put it up on our site when your ready. Ok, just let me know.

Well, we got to see what Anikan says here... Not totally sure where this model stands (as far as release is concerned). Sounds? yes we need sounds, I was thinking of getting sounds out of bounty hunter, You got any ideas? I might be able to get those in wave format, but I need someone to put em in mpg. Mars out

The Cheat
08-21-2003, 01:53 AM
are we going to have to wait until the release of this mod to be able to play this awesome model mars because i am drooling over these pics you are giving us

NeoMarz1
08-21-2003, 03:03 AM
are we going to have to wait until the release of this mod to be able to play this awesome model mars because i am drooling over these pics you are giving us

I dunno, I would hope not. I'm trying to get things moving over at AOTC/TC. At any rate, if it does get released with the MOD you wont be dissapointed. Rumor has it that "outcast" models are compatible with JA (Jedi Academy), so its very hard to say how long it will take to get the Mod out. I am involved in the project, but have no idea how things are coming together. Watch the posts over at AOTC/TC, you can follow my comments there, Mars out.

TK-8252
08-21-2003, 03:45 AM
In those last pics, you can see Jango's neck. In the movie he is wearing something on his neck so you can't see it.

Anakin
08-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Im hoping to get a lot of the TC sorted by the end of month so that we can start releasing files ready for us to move onto JA.

NeoMarz1
08-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
In those last pics, you can see Jango's neck. In the movie he is wearing something on his neck so you can't see it.

Yeah I noticed it. Its fixed :)

The Cheat
08-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by NeoMarz1
Yeah I noticed it. Its fixed :)

glad you fixed that mars, i can see that all of these models are gonna be very accurate and original (for the original mandalorians you are creating that are not from the movies/books/comics)

Psyk0Sith
08-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Well, we got to see what Anikan says here... Not totally sure where this model stands (as far as release is concerned). Sounds? yes we need sounds, I was thinking of getting sounds out of bounty hunter, You got any ideas? I might be able to get those in wave format, but I need someone to put em in mpg. Mars out

I can encode them to mp3 no problem, just dump em in my mailbox when you are ready.

Edit: of course its up to you Marz, if you want custom sounds, Darklord is da man :)!

DarkLord60
08-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Well we don't wanna rip from other games I am sure I can come up with stuff but hey its up to you.

The Cheat
08-22-2003, 02:59 AM
well they have to get jango sounds from somewhere, wheather it is the attack of the clones dvd or the bounty hunter game, i personally think that the game would provide better sounds with less background noise

NeoMarz1
08-23-2003, 02:31 AM
Here some Icons for the finished varients, more to come....

http://forums.aotctc.com/files/cloneflash2.jpg

The Cheat
08-23-2003, 02:54 AM
wow mars, those look real awesome, i can not wait for this pack to come out, cant wait for the mandalorians and clones to invade jedi outcast

i can tell that the pics probably dont really do them justice because they are somewhat blurry but they still look awesome

by the way, will there be a shader to have a blinking light on the helmets of the clones?

mace_sundancer
08-23-2003, 05:17 AM
cool, but your arc trooper is missing his ariel thingie of his helmet...

CaladienJedi
08-23-2003, 11:30 AM
hey if you guys do release it, i can host it seeing how i have a unlimited bandwith a month site :P

NeoMarz1
08-23-2003, 11:54 AM
Answer to Cheat's comment,
I liked the blinking light on the other model out there, but I dont think its accurate, I dont recall seeing a comm light in the movie.
I dont know about using a shader... They look great, but there is one problem (actually a couple problems).

1) They use up alot of file space, and with all the different varients, this is not a good thing. Were talking about a monster file that know one will want to download (especially if they dont have DSL, or Cable). Keep in mind that I want to add bot support for most of the varients, and sounds. All these things take up space, and thats especially true for shaders.

2) In the community, not very many people know how skin with shaders. I want this model to be skinner friendly. This is especially important if people want to make single player models.

Answer to Mace Sundancers comment,
Dont worry its just the icon that does not show the "Targeting Range Finder", The model actually features it, I just need to edit the Icon.

Hellfire Jedi
08-23-2003, 12:07 PM
I believe my brother, Caladien offered to host. If he did, hes got a really great site for hosting.

The Cheat
08-23-2003, 01:50 PM
one other little question i have is

will the models with no helmets have facial animations if they are converted into single player?

ninja
08-23-2003, 08:22 PM
hey now this is neat :)

Higginson
08-23-2003, 08:39 PM
one other little question i have is

will the models with no helmets have facial animations if they are converted into single player?

Yeah, thats a good question. but are the models with and without helmets seperate, or is the helmet just a surface u can surf off? coz if so, it will look weird with a facial animation through a helmet. or does it not work like that? ive confused myself now, so i shall shut my trap.....................

The Cheat
08-24-2003, 01:49 AM
i am pretty sure that the helmets are just surfaces changed in a surf file so i dont think you will see the facial animations if the helmet is on if facial animations are included

Psyk0Sith
08-24-2003, 03:13 AM
Facial animations are not the main concern for now.

And yes helmets are removed with .surf files.

Obviously, only models without the helmet would show the facial anims.

Aaron Smith
08-24-2003, 08:29 AM
I get the impression that this is all one model using surf files to create variations. If so what would the vert count be if you left all the surfaces on? Not counting the caps.

The Cheat
08-24-2003, 11:58 AM
i think some of the surfaces would interfere with each other if they were all left on (different helmets for clones and mandalorians, different styles of jetpacks) so i dont think every surface would ever be turned on all at once but im not positive

NeoMarz1
08-24-2003, 12:32 PM
i think some of the surfaces would interfere with each other if they were all left on (different helmets for clones and mandalorians, different styles of jetpacks) so i dont think every surface would ever be turned on all at once but im not positive

You are right cheat, there would be no reason to turn on all the surfaces. It would look like a huge mess, Poly count shouldnt be an issue, because for the most part, we didnt go to crazy on polys. I personally dont like a lot of polys anyhow. Plus, we are using LODs. I dont think this model will cause all that much slowdown. I have been playing with these models without LODS, and the slow down doesnt seem to be existant. I still need to test it with bots of the same type to know for sure, but no worries yet. Mars out!

NeoMarz1
08-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Look up above, I just edited the Icon Base with new varients.
to include Jango with Sniper gear, and if your wondering what the last Icons was, Thats my little secret "Clone Sniper", Mars out!

The Cheat
08-24-2003, 03:10 PM
omg mars, i can not wait for this pack to come out, those new shots that you added just look so awesome

by the way, is there any general release date for the Jedi Outcast Multiplayer Mod of AOTC:TC like a month that has been picked out that you are shooting for having the multiplayer done by?

[JKZ]_Yun
08-24-2003, 03:13 PM
...i was thinking.........maybe you can make Boba in young model.....and its space to one more icon.......

http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/y16.gif Yun

The Cheat
08-24-2003, 03:57 PM
if i understand you correctly, you are asking for a young boba fett, but i think that would require an entirely new model while all of these are just one model with many different surfaces for the different versions

NeoMarz1
08-25-2003, 12:30 PM
omg mars, i can not wait for this pack to come out, those new shots that you added just look so awesome

by the way, is there any general release date for the Jedi Outcast Multiplayer Mod of AOTC:TC like a month that has been picked out that you are shooting for having the multiplayer done by?

Im not sure, I'll look into it. Mars out!

TK-8252
08-26-2003, 02:45 AM
The mod has to have a young boba model anyway.

The Cheat
08-26-2003, 08:54 AM
The mod has to have a young boba model anyway.

yeah but that model has probably not been made yet or has not been shown so it may not be made until aotc:tc is switched to jedi academy for the single player portion where boba will probably be a npc

DarkLord60
08-27-2003, 12:17 AM

The Release date is too soon to tell but anakin or I will post the date on main site when we get a date.

The Cheat
08-27-2003, 12:30 AM
ok thanks darklord, you just gave me even more of an incentive to check out the aotc:tc website daily, i cant wait for this mod to come out

by the way, i just noticed that the new tropper (with light purple paint) has an antenna on his helmet while all the other troopers dont, i was just making sure this was accurate

NeoMarz1
08-27-2003, 03:14 AM
Got done messin with the bots, grabbed a few screens. My favorite so far is the Arc Clone (Jango's cool too!) The weighting, and Lods are finished (thanks Psyko), and only thing missing is Caps, which I neglected to add (hehehe). Still debating on Shaders. I may do a release for a shader for default Jango, and Clone. We'll see, Mars out!
http://forums.aotctc.com/files/shot0034.jpg

NeoMarz1
08-27-2003, 03:16 AM
ok thanks darklord, you just gave me even more of an incentive to check out the aotc:tc website daily, i cant wait for this mod to come out

by the way, i just noticed that the new tropper (with light purple paint) has an antenna on his helmet while all the other troopers dont, i was just making sure this was accurate

Yup, Its accurate! Thats his "targeting range finder"...

TK-8252
08-27-2003, 03:21 AM
That looks really good, Mars. I don't think the clone model needs shaders because they are all dirty from the Geonosis battle fields. The Jango (not Boba) could use shaders, he usually kept his armor clean.

The Cheat
08-27-2003, 09:25 PM
yeah the option of having one with shaders would be really awesome. I know it adds a lot to the size of the file but i would definitly download the one with shaders since it really adds to the realism of the skin

Psyk0Sith
08-27-2003, 09:27 PM
A little correction...Marz the LODs are not done...sorry but they are the worst part of the job since i weight everything manually.

Polychop is not that good when you let it work on its own.

But the good thing is the static meshes are easy to optimize and weight.

To do list:

-Caps
-Finger weights
-LODs ( :eek: )

Padawan_7
08-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Everything is looking great Marz. Truly impressive work!

One thing though... the icon of Jango (the one with his helmet and rocket firing jetpack) shows his neck.

TK-8252
08-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Heh, we already discussed the neck, don't worry. There is a version with a neckseal.

NeoMarz1
08-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Here is the latest Skin "Clone Scout". There is no real character like this, it's a personal creation. http://forums.aotctc.com/files/clonescout.jpg

Hope you all like... Me and Psyko are trying to work out some bugs. One bug being that when dismembemant is being used, Turned off surfaces come back. If anyone knows how to fix this, please post or send E-mail. Mars out!

Aaron Smith
08-28-2003, 03:45 AM
Alter the skin file so that instead of ,models/players/blah blah blah it just says (,clear) just for the surfaces that you don't want to come back on. The surface will still be there it will just be transparent. I've done this with some models instead of using surf files and atleast on my pc it works fine, though if you look at the model in modveiw those parts will either be white or black but in game they will be transparent.

RaSiN_HeCk
08-28-2003, 05:39 AM
that's a lot of Jet packs!

can't the Republic afford small ships? swoops even?

NeoMarz1
08-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Aaron Smith
Alter the skin file so that instead of ,models/players/blah blah blah it just says (,clear) just for the surfaces that you don't want to come back on. The surface will still be there it will just be transparent. I've done this with some models instead of using surf files and atleast on my pc it works fine, though if you look at the model in modveiw those parts will either be white or black but in game they will be transparent.

hmmmm? I know about this. The problem is that our surf files are working fine, but when the character gets cut (losing his arm or head) the surfaces magically reappear. Will fixing the skin files, fix this? Thanks Aaron your help is always cool. Mars out

Master_Payne
08-28-2003, 05:30 PM
:O!, I can't Belive I missed this.

The model/skin is great, just 2 obs.
- About surfaces. the .surf file works fine, but when the model is cut surfaces appears anyways (see obi-wan, qui-gon) the robes appears at dismember. to get rid of this use command line "nodraw" or "clear" instead of surf files.

About the ARC I haven't(?) see any comic of them, but on the covers they have the same coloured pattern that normal clones (the light blue on the helmets appears arround the "T" visor just like captains, commanders, etc).
If inside the comics its diferent (coloured like the skin) ignore last observation.

Hellfire Jedi
08-28-2003, 05:54 PM
hmmmm? I know about this. The problem is that our surf files are working fine, but when the character gets cut (losing his arm or head) the surfaces magically reappear. Will fixing the skin files, fix this? Thanks Aaron your help is always cool. Mars out
Mars, if you add nodraw to a part in the .skin file(dunnowhere:|) its the same as a surf, but I think more efficient..
EDIT: Oops, didn't see Payne's post..

CaladienJedi
08-28-2003, 06:20 PM
yea hes right

for instance, if u wanted to take the tunic off of desann without a .surf,

change this: torso_shoulders,models/players/desann/tunic.jpg

to this: torso_shoulders,nodraw

Crowy
08-29-2003, 07:16 AM
i havent had a really close look at any of the screens but is jangos armour modelled there, or just skinned???

i know its a dumb question and all but meh

NeoMarz1
08-29-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Crowy
i havent had a really close look at any of the screens but is jangos armour modelled there, or just skinned???

i know its a dumb question and all but meh

It's skinned, but your question makes my point, if you cant tell then it's not needed. This model has a few polys, so we cant really afford to add any more. Especially since we are probably going to leave out LODs. A release is expected soon ;) Mars out

Padawan_7
08-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Marz,

Have you thought about making a Clone Pilot? It would complete your set. However, it would raise the about of polys.

Crowy
08-30-2003, 03:12 AM
releasing soon?!? BONZA!!!!

NeoMarz1
08-30-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Padawan_7
Marz,

Have you thought about making a Clone Pilot? It would complete your set. However, it would raise the about of polys.

You know, it would have been so easy, I only need to separate the fin. Oh well to late now, but believe me... there is alot of skins.

NeoMarz1
08-30-2003, 03:49 AM
releasing soon?!? BONZA!!!!

I actually released the Mandolorian pack to the rest of the guys in AOTC/TC. Its really an in house beta release. We could be releasing soon. I was hoping to take care of this bug, but I dont think its gonna happen. I just finished the Mandolorian Pack, Doing the Clone Pack tommarow. No new sounds, but there will be bot support for every varient. I will release the Clone Pack, and Mandolorian Pack separately. Despite the little flaws, I think everyone will be pleased. Mars out!

Crowy
08-30-2003, 06:17 AM
well, i know ill be more than happy, team support aswell im guessing...??? cause from what ive seen of your work you dont do half assed jobs

The Cheat
08-30-2003, 01:46 PM
could you describe the bugs in the skins mars?

i would guess they are probably clipping issues like with most models but i was just wondering

NeoMarz1
08-30-2003, 04:53 PM
could you describe the bugs in the skins mars?

i would guess they are probably clipping issues like with most models but i was just wondering

Actually there arent many clipping issues, our good freind Psyko made sure of that! The only bugs are apparent if you have Dismembermant turned on. Other than that, there arent any issues. I suggest when the model comes out, just make sure dismembermant is off... I failed to notice the bug, because I dont use dismembermant. Psyko pointed out the flaw, which in the back of my mind, I suspected this problem would surface. I wish we could fix it, but I actually have a lot of other projects to pursue within AOTC/TC. To fix this bug we would probably have to import every variant as a separate model (during model compile). Psyko is my man for doing this tedious work, unfortunately I am probably wearing him out (to include myself). We are in a dead heat to get things ready for release. Most models that go on release dont even consider these flaws, so no ones being cheated of a quality product. I know everyone will be pleased, I was very excited to finally see Jango ingame. The models look very cool!!!!!!! Be ready, cuz we are definately in the final stretch, Sincerely Mars

P.S. Thanks again Cheat for visiting AOTC/TC!!!! we enjoy your feedback, Mars out again.

NeoMarz1
08-30-2003, 04:57 PM
well, i know ill be more than happy, team support aswell im guessing...??? cause from what ive seen of your work you dont do half assed jobs

Team Support? Er... Uh... Oh yeah Team support, sure, sure (mind is ready to explode, Got to remember team support!) Yes, I need to get Team Support in there, I'm glad you mentioned that. Mars out! I dont usually do half assed jobs :rolleyes: Well not usually;)

The Cheat
08-30-2003, 06:15 PM
well i hope you are able to fix that bug for the people who use dismemberment (i dont) but if you dont that is just fine with me

Psyk0Sith
08-30-2003, 06:21 PM
I'll give the "clear" or "nodraw" command a shot, (remember my alpha channel gibberish marz? ;) ) i just remembered that kyle uses that.

I tried it and the damn bot wouldnt slice my torso off (i got bored) so i cant confirm it it works or not for now.

Im keeping the .surf files too, i dont want to blow up the polycount if the clear command doesnt fully "remove" the polygons.

Other than that, there's no real bug.

NeoMarz1
08-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith
I'll give the "clear" or "nodraw" command a shot, (remember my alpha channel gibberish marz? ;) ) i just remembered that kyle uses that.

I tried it and the damn bot wouldnt slice my torso off (i got bored) so i cant confirm it it works or not for now.

Im keeping the .surf files too, i dont want to blow up the polycount if the clear command doesnt fully "remove" the polygons.

Other than that, there's no real bug.

EDIT: the clear command isnt working right..., i noticed that when force speed or force protect are used, the "cleared" surface re-appears...this is no good.

Hopefully my method will work better.

Dont go to crazy, Give it a small test, I have a feeling that it will only clear some of the mess. If we cant get all the unattached surfaces to disappear, then its not worth all the work (if you follow me). Either it works 100% or it doesnt. See you Psyk, Mars out!

NeoMarz1
08-31-2003, 01:54 AM
here are some Force Mod screenshots. Enjoy, Mars out!
http://forums.aotctc.com/files/forcemodscrns.jpg

mace_sundancer
08-31-2003, 05:15 AM
just make damn sure you got the bots using guns and not using sabres and force powers i hate when people don't set their bots up right....

ZBomber
08-31-2003, 07:44 PM
Thats... incredible. :|

2 thumbs up :)

Aaron Smith
09-01-2003, 02:54 AM
I tested it and nodraw works a little better than clear, but neither will actualy remove the polys so defenitly keep the surf files. All nodraw or clear will do is ensure that the surfaces that come back after dissmemberment are completely transparent, you won't be able to tell the're even there. Good luck Mars!

NeoMarz1
09-01-2003, 04:26 AM
more fabulous Pics, I love this one (ingame baby).http://home.earthlink.net/~kaiasowapit/data/jk2grabs/03.jpg

Crowy
09-01-2003, 06:59 AM
what a super ted of a model!!! perhaps a streak of blue though...
(i see what you mean by not needing the armor modelled sticking out)

The Cheat
09-01-2003, 01:00 PM
wow sweet pic, what map is that?

tFighterPilot
09-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Are you kidding? It is ffa_bespin

Great models!

EDIT: you probably mean the second one, it doesn't work.

TK-8252
09-01-2003, 01:26 PM
The last one is Coruscant Promenade, a really awsome Coruscant underlevel duel map.

The Cheat
09-01-2003, 02:24 PM
yeah i meant the second one, thanks TK8252MJL i will have to go look for that one

Eldritch
09-01-2003, 02:30 PM
I can't believe you haven't seen it before now... you can get it on PCGM.

The Cheat
09-01-2003, 03:06 PM
well i havnt downloaded maps in a longo time

Matt-Liell
09-01-2003, 03:15 PM
more fabulous Pics, I love this one (ingame baby).http://home.earthlink.net/~kaiasowapit/data/jk2grabs/03.jpg

:eek:

FRIKIN TIGHT MAN!
Looks like it was a screen from bounty hunter itself!

:thumbsup:

NeoMarz1
09-01-2003, 05:53 PM
Ok, here is the Clone Pilot! I just added another helmet (total of three). Hope you all like it. Mars out!http://forums.aotctc.com/files/clonepilotblitz.jpg

The Cheat
09-01-2003, 06:16 PM
sweet helmet mars, i am glad you have decided to do a clone pilot, it will really help complete that pack

Hellfire Jedi
09-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Hehehe....waiting for a download link. ;);)

The Cheat
09-01-2003, 08:06 PM
hey mars do you have any idea how large the file size will be?

i believe you said you would split it up between mandalorians and clones but can you give us an idea of how big the file size will be

Padawan_7
09-02-2003, 06:25 AM
Looks great Marz. Thanks!

Are you going to have time to add those two tubes that go out the back of his helmet to that little box on his chest? (It's kind of like the thing that the tie pilots wear.)

See here...

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/products/84911_imageMain400.jpg

http://www.figures.com/archives/images/37/46037.jpg

Tesla
09-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Holy Crap !!!! :eek: *faints*
These are great, i really like the Coruscant level as well :D
Keep up the great wokr guys :D

NeoMarz1
09-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Padawan_7
Looks great Marz. Thanks!

Are you going to have time to add those two tubes that go out the back of his helmet to that little box on his chest? (It's kind of like the thing that the tie pilots wear.)

Well as much as I like accuracy, I think we will do a model without the LSG (life support gear). The tubes would require some fancy weighting. I noticed this feature earlier, but I wanted to keep it simple. Adding more polys is not good for game performance. I actually have added quite a few more to make the armor look better. So just imagine that the pilot forgot his LSG back at the locker room. :) Mars out

The Count
09-02-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm glad you made the visit. The thing about mods is that you have to get people involved. A lot of us have lives outside our creations, it's sad because, really if I had any choice, this is all I would ever do. unfortunately, I cant put all my time into this, but I try... just ask my family. I want people to be interested in this project, so I'm doing every thing in my power to make this an interesting mod. Of course we have a lot of others involved as well. The tough part is getting everyone on the same page, and with my life being as busy as it is, its tough! I know we have some key players involved, so I really believe that we can bring a quality product to the community. Thanks Count, I hope your around for the download, Mars out!

Just try and stop me from downloading it! I know Mods take a long time to create and their key to success is support from the community. I did lose interest in AOTCTC though because their website had problems and they kept showcasing the same stuff over and over; I have faith that this Mod will be a success as I believe that there are only two Mods for Jedi Knight II\Academy that are going to succeed and they are this one and the Dark Forces Mod (Dark Forces II Enhanced may do aswell however they have a team shortage)

NeoMarz1
09-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Just try and stop me from downloading it! I know Mods take a long time to create and their key to success is support from the community. I did lose interest in AOTCTC though because their website had problems and they kept showcasing the same stuff over and over; I have faith that this Mod will be a success as I believe that there are only two Mods for Jedi Knight II\Academy that are going to succeed and they are this one and the Dark Forces Mod (Dark Forces II Enhanced may do aswell however they have a team shortage)

Anakin has dropped some promising "short notes" that lead me to believe that whe this model is done, we should see something following soon after... Dont quote me on that, but its just a thought to ponder. By the way we had to back up a little on this model, there were some last minute suggestions that needed to be resolved. The end result may be a few days late, but It will also be a few days better! Mars out!

DarkLord60
09-03-2003, 01:55 AM
Our TC has more done than you know we should have maps to download soon. I am also trying to gather up new screenshots. This model is part of our TC and will be an AOTCTC Exclusive model. It weill be downloadable at our site before any other site. Alot more models will be coming out soon most likely. So come back and check out the latest updates in the forums. Also how can you lose interest when we offer you guys Forcemod 2 and Promod?

boinga1
09-03-2003, 01:58 AM
:drop2:

You aah daah maahn, maahz.

Wudan
09-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Our TC has more done than you know we should have maps to download soon. I am also trying to gather up new screenshots. This model is part of our TC and will be an AOTCTC Exclusive model. It weill be downloadable at our site before any other site. Alot more models will be coming out soon most likely. So come back and check out the latest updates in the forums. Also how can you lose interest when we offer you guys Forcemod 2 and Promod?

A. You didn't do Forcemod.
B. You didn't do ProMod.

DarkLord60
09-03-2003, 06:46 PM
members of our team did Wudan and we are teamed up with them so yes technically we didn't but some of what is in our TC is in that so excuse me Wudan. Jesus bite of my head dude.

A. I never said we made it
B. We host them and they work with us
C. you are apart of the TC so you should know better end of story
D. Lets drop the subject

The Cheat
09-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Anakin has dropped some promising "short notes" that lead me to believe that whe this model is done, we should see something following soon after
Sweet, this project is really looking like it is coming together, i cant wait for the stuff for multiplayer to be released

Dont quote me on that
I believe i just did

By the way we had to back up a little on this model, there were some last minute suggestions that needed to be resolved. The end result may be a few days late, but It will also be a few days better! Mars out!
Its all good, whatever it takes to make this model as awesome as possible, i see this being one totally awesome pack of skins mars, you are the man

DarkLord60
09-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Ive personally tested it as well as Jango and boba and I liked Boba and Jango very well but the clones needed some improvments.

NeoMarz1
09-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Ive personally tested it as well as Jango and boba and I liked Boba and Jango very well but the clones needed some improvments.

See "you like my work"... I'm only just teasin! Yeah I may touch up Boba a bit, he does need some more scratch marks. Psyko, has weighted the other parts, I'm just waiting for he glm file, which should be coming soon. We can get some more screenshots, and everyone will be happy:D Mars out

Eldritch
09-04-2003, 01:24 PM
A. I never said we made it
"[...]when we offer you ForceMod2 and ProMod" sounds an awful lot like AOTCTC is claiming to have done it. The fact is that the members of your team didn't do it for the TC. Wudan was only pointing that out.
B. We host them and they work with us
Jay Leno hosts the Tonight Show, but it doesn't mean he created it. I think I've made my point.
C. you are apart of the TC so you should know better end of story
Let's not get all trippy on our little bit of power, here. You boasted about something that was untrue, and he put you in your place. You really can't be mad at him for that. It's your fault for putting yourself in that position, after all.
A little cryptic. How 'bout some advice on how to improve them?

Again, nice work Mars. I don't know how many ways I can say it. :)

DarkLord60
09-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Eldritch Marz already knows whats wrong with them we tested them over at AOTCTC and I told him. Oh even though it sounded like I said we made it I never said we did. So stop harassing me I admit I should have worded it different but I was stating we have downloads and our site offers that mod and some of the stuff in that mod will be like what is in the TC only improved ok. Jesus I can't believe you guys I make one freakin mistake and you chew me out. I am sorry and no I am not mad at Wudan and have no reason its just he was a little snappy about it and could have reworded. But I don't want to point the finger at any one else so lets just say my bad and go on like it never happened after all this is not the topic and fourm wwars are so pathetic and childish and not to mention a waist of time so I am moving ok Eldritch and Wudan. But for those who are sick of the same pics over at AOTCTC I am sorry but I have been drilling these guys to get some pics out. The only pics that are new are those that show here of Jango and the clones. Eldrich if you want to know whats wrong with the clones then I will tell you. but NeoMarz is fixing it already. I mentioned to him that the clones armor should not be just textures on a model they need surfaces like knee plates and many other surfaces so it looks like the clone has real armor. The box on the back side of the torso is just textured it should extrude outward. Its hard to explain I posted pics explaining it to NeoMarz and he got right on it, see how well our staff works :) Well if you don't understand me talk to Neo he can tell you what I mean. I am a very picky person and I hated telling him that he had to change his clones but I don't think he had a problem with it......"Or do you? :( " Well I think the fetts are great and as soon as he does a couple more things with them and I make sounds for them then we will exclusively release these on our web site first before any other sites get it so you'll have to try it out, and again my bad on the Promod and forceMod thing but those are great things to and should be checked out if you have not checked them out Forcemod is very cool and is my favorite.

Hey eldritch have you tested it? If so can you see what I am talking about. But other wise mars did a fantastic job and I am glad to have him as a member.

The Count
09-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Eldritch Marz already knows whats wrong with them we tested them over at AOTCTC and I told him. Oh even though it sounded like I said we made it I never said we did. So stop harassing me I admit I should have worded it different but I was stating we have downloads and our site offers that mod and some of the stuff in that mod will be like what is in the TC only improved ok. Jesus I can't believe you guys I make one freakin mistake and you chew me out. I am sorry and no I am not mad at Wudan and have no reason its just he was a little snappy about it and could have reworded. But I don't want to point the finger at any one else so lets just say my bad and go on like it never happened after all this is not the topic and fourm wwars are so pathetic and childish and not to mention a waist of time so I am moving ok Eldritch and Wudan. But for those who are sick of the same pics over at AOTCTC I am sorry but I have been drilling these guys to get some pics out. The only pics that are new are those that show here of Jango and the clones. Eldrich if you want to know whats wrong with the clones then I will tell you. but NeoMarz is fixing it already. I mentioned to him that the clones armor should not be just textures on a model they need surfaces like knee plates and many other surfaces so it looks like the clone has real armor. The box on the back side of the torso is just textured it should extrude outward. Its hard to explain I posted pics explaining it to NeoMarz and he got right on it, see how well our staff works :) Well if you don't understand me talk to Neo he can tell you what I mean. I am a very picky person and I hated telling him that he had to change his clones but I don't think he had a problem with it......"Or do you? :( " Well I think the fetts are great and as soon as he does a couple more things with them and I make sounds for them then we will exclusively release these on our web site first before any other sites get it so you'll have to try it out, and again my bad on the Promod and forceMod thing but those are great things to and should be checked out if you have not checked them out Forcemod is very cool and is my favorite.

Hey eldritch have you tested it? If so can you see what I am talking about. But other wise mars did a fantastic job and I am glad to have him as a member.

Hey man chill out; infact ALL of you chill out!

Also I don't really like Promod and I was one of the Beta testers for Force-Mod 1.0 and 2.0 before it got hosted at AOTC.

DarkLord60
09-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Hey man chill out; infact ALL of you chill out!

Also I don't really like Promod and I was one of the Beta testers for Force-Mod 1.0 and 2.0 before it got hosted at AOTC.

Hey dude Ive been chilled out :) Also I know Forcemod was out before we sided together. So let me say this for the last time We did not make or have anything to do with forcemod and promod until they joined our team which at that point they still were responsible for those mods not us. I just worded it wrong and it was stupid of me I am human and this is only a game and its not Life or death. So I hereby announces that we take no part in what was made in either of those downloads . Content in those downloads is sort of like what we will have in the TC. So by downloading it from our site it willl be like a sneak peak at what AOTCTC MP will be like. phew there.I am also saying I just think its pathetic that this conversation happened so lets not bring it up and maybe we could move on like telling Marz how good his Fett models are! LOL I just love them there my favorite models any one who has beta tested it would think so too.

The Cheat
09-04-2003, 11:18 PM
1. OK AOTC-TC did not make the mods

2. AOTC-TC is now working with the people that made those mods

3. AOTC-TC host the files on their website

4. This model pack looks awesome and i cant wait for it to be released

The Cheat
09-04-2003, 11:32 PM
1. OK AOTC-TC did not make the mods

2. AOTC-TC is now working with the people that made those mods

3. AOTC-TC host the files on their website

4. This model pack looks awesome and i cant wait for it to be released

NeoMarz1
09-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Just an update, The models are just about done, this should be the last fixes... I'm waiting for Psyko to send me the next update glm. It will include the last model bit added, and some models tweaks. I just finished all the skin files with the updated armor bits, I just need to retouch the skins, and everything should be ready. Mars out!

DarkLord60
09-06-2003, 05:10 AM
You tell me when you want me to upload them and I will.

Crowy
09-06-2003, 06:55 AM
yeah and tell me when you upload em so i can get my hands on these goodies:D

CraZy_B
09-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Just an update, The models are just about done, this should be the last fixes... I'm waiting for Psyko to send me the next update glm. It will include the last model bit added, and some models tweaks. I just finished all the skin files with the updated armor bits, I just need to retouch the skins, and everything should be ready. Mars out!

Thats good news......WTF I'm talkin about it's the best news i could get today.:D
Thx guys!

Crowy
09-06-2003, 03:02 PM
actually the good news for me today was it was my birthday and a friend with dsl got me the academy demo... i have a 56k...

CraZy_B
09-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Great! And happy birthday Crowy
as with the demo.. I'll wait for the full version:D

marik
09-07-2003, 12:21 AM
i must say this model looks amazing, just one question, does this model have the saber problem like previous jango models?

Miko Reglia
09-07-2003, 12:41 AM
im guessing it probably wouldnt because what happened last time was i think the arms werent weighted correctly...

but i mean, with neomarz and psyko on the models, that probably wont happen at all!:D

The Cheat
09-07-2003, 12:54 AM
yeah they already said earlier in the thread that the bug in other jango models will not occur in this one

DarkLord60
09-07-2003, 01:50 AM
We are just now trying to decide if we should make sounds for the model besides lines cause we are making new taunts. But I think we should use the stormtrooper sounds for the grunts dying sounds and ECT..... As soon as I make some sounds and we get lines recorded I think we will be ready for this model packs release! Yay.

CraZy_B
09-07-2003, 11:59 AM
WORK! WORK! WORK!

No, Seriously guys. stop dancing on my nerves please finish this as fast as you can:D

Psyk0Sith
09-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by marik
i must say this model looks amazing, just one question, does this model have the saber problem like previous jango models?

What do you think? do any of my models have this bug? no...so i dont see how i could screw this one up! ;)

The bug happens when you dont weight the "hang_tag" bones correctly...and i've figured that out a long time ago.

The only things left to do (for my part of the job) are:

1.Weight the "life support" gear for the clone pilot

2.Weight the fingers

3.Fix other bugs i might find

marik
09-07-2003, 04:19 PM
:D well glad to know, now just have to wait for it to finish:)

CraZy_B
09-07-2003, 07:09 PM
:elephant: Go Psyk0! :elephant: Go Psyk0! :elephant:

TK-8252
09-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith
1.Weight the "life support" gear for the clone pilot

I thought that Mars said that the model wouldn't include the life support gear.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the life support box and helmet tubes!! It just wouldn't be right if the pilot didn't have this gear.

CraZy_B
09-07-2003, 07:11 PM
:elephant: Go Psyk0! :elephant: Go Psyk0! :elephant:

NeoMarz1
09-07-2003, 08:30 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the life support box and helmet tubes!! It just wouldn't be right if the pilot didn't have this gear.

Well lets just say I made the LS box, with the tubes partially recoiled. I decided to make it easy for Psyko, The tubes would have been pretty hard to weight. They basically come off the box and somewhat over the front of the shoulders, However, they do not connect to the helmet. I guess I felt I was cheating everyone out of a decent model ;) So I made a small sacrifice. I think youll be happy in the end. Mars out!

NeoMarz1
09-07-2003, 08:32 PM

Well lets just say I made the LS box, with the tubes partially recoiled. I decided to make it easy for Psyko, The tubes would have been pretty hard to weight. They basically come off the box and somewhat over the front of the shoulders, However, they do not connect to the helmet. I really had to try and keep those polys down, since tubes are poly hogs... We are pushing the envelope for a model with no LODs.

I guess I felt I was cheating everyone out of a decent model ;) So I made a small sacrifice. I think youll be happy in the end. Mars out!

The Count
09-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Bless you Marz *Sniff*

The Cheat
09-07-2003, 09:51 PM
sweet, glad you decided to add some life support gear to the clonepilot mars. that will really add to the models accuracy.

so far on the cheats model scoring scale, i would give this pack a 7

TK-8252
09-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Really? Then I give it a 10. :p

Finally a decent Fett model! Although HapSlash's and JA's Boba model will probably look good too.
:fett:

The Cheat
09-08-2003, 12:50 AM
well my rating system only goes up to 7

it starts at 4

NeoMarz1
09-08-2003, 12:28 PM

Finally a decent Fett model! Although HapSlash's and JA's Boba model will probably look good too.
:fett: Well of course those will look good too, We only decided to have original models designed for our mod... People would think were biting other peoples work, so we needed more original models. Mars out

NeoMarz1
09-08-2003, 12:29 PM

:fett: Well of course those will look good too, We only decided to have original models designed for our mod... People would think were biting other peoples work, so we needed more original models. Mars out

CraZy_B
09-08-2003, 04:37 PM
People would think were biting other peoples work

Why is that a problem? I mean if those guys are part of the team and agreed that their model would make a fine addition -why not?!

The Cheat
09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
oh well, the more the merrier

NeoMarz1
09-09-2003, 11:53 PM
Here is the latest Blitz... This are not all the varients, but only the keymodels. Life support is on, and the armor bits applied! So what does this mean? We are haggling over sounds, bots, and possible shaders. We may have the first version of the Clones "finished", but we are working out the final details. more to come, Mars out!
http://forums.aotctc.com/files/cloneflash33.jpg

Hellfire Jedi
09-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Ejaculation your honor! Ejaculation!!

Crowy
09-10-2003, 07:16 AM
i agree its good(godly even) and all hellfire, but i doubt its something to lose your load over...

The Cheat
09-10-2003, 08:55 AM
wow that looks really sweet mars

I CANT STAND ALL THIS TEASING, I NEED THIS MODEL!

CraZy_B
09-10-2003, 07:01 PM
I NEED THIS MODEL!

WE need this model! lol

TK-8252
09-10-2003, 07:01 PM
That is so perfect. I'm SO glad that you added the life support box to the pilot. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

The Cheat
09-10-2003, 08:57 PM
yeah the addition of the life support box was a wise move and adds very much to the accuracy of that variation of the model

NeoMarz1
09-12-2003, 01:20 AM
Force Mod fans will be happy to here that I have added Jetpack support for the models... basically I changed the names of the model to include the word "fett". this will make it possible to select and use jetpacks when running Force Mod! Now when the model is released you will see some of the varients with names like "Arc CLone Fett". Please dont flame me on this, cuz its for Mod Support. Since we are talking about Jango's own personal clones, they should have the last name, since they are in the family, right?:D Mars out!

The Cheat
09-12-2003, 10:05 PM
if people dont like it they can easily change it and set it up so that all people can have jetpacks

NeoMarz1
09-13-2003, 01:02 AM
if people dont like it they can easily change it and set it up so that all people can have jetpacks

True, but then people like me (who dont like flying yodas) cant keep lagitamet models on the server... ITs just a way of making this model more acceptable for strict servers. Mars out

Miko Reglia
09-13-2003, 06:27 AM
well i think its a pretty good idea...

because any idea by marz is always a great idea!:)

CraZy_B
09-13-2003, 09:28 AM
Damn right lol

NeoMarz1
09-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Two new varients "Dak22, and Dak".

Dak (the second one) is my favorite! I put the clone belt on both these guys, also a bit of News... I just added team color support, and updated the skins for the final time (God willing). Mars out!
http://forums.aotctc.com/files/newduo.jpg

CraZy_B
09-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Great job Mars! But won't you edit the skin on the legs of the 1st model so it wouldn't look like Jango's?

Miko Reglia
09-13-2003, 05:32 PM
yeah true, the legs do look like they need to be changed

but i like the second one more anyway, so i would use that one over the other:D

The Cheat
09-13-2003, 11:27 PM
sweet, more versions, the more the merrier, i see many more skins coming from this model

NeoMarz1
09-14-2003, 02:38 PM
more good news. We have recently tested shaders for the clones. They look pretty darn good, This is turning out to be a quality product. We are going to do shaders for the Mandolorians as well, which should be coming out soon. Mars out!

CraZy_B
09-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Thx. I hope the release date is REALLY near.

The Cheat
09-14-2003, 03:35 PM
sweet, always like to hear that the quality will be good, but what else can we expect from you mars? all of your skins are high quality and i can see that this one wont be different

CraZy_B
09-14-2003, 07:07 PM
High praises indeed but you deserve it.
BTW will you make reskins of Aaron Smith's new models?:D I would like to see another version of his eeth koth. His one looks great so I wonder what can you adjust;)

NeoMarz1
09-15-2003, 03:33 AM
here is the last varient I plan on doing. Its "Black Angel", he uses a full body shader, so it looks like he has Patten Leather. I just sent in the final shaders for the Mandolorians, and some voice work for the taunts (we'll see if anyone wants to use em). Here the pic, Mars out!http://forums.aotctc.com/files/blackangelscreen.jpg

Shotokan
09-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Wow... Just wow... I like that one the best.

Aaron Smith
09-15-2003, 06:47 AM
Not to steer the subject in another direction ,cuz this model rocks ingame, but yes marz will be touching up my eeth and saesee tiin skins/ Darklord60 is working on some sounds and both models will be exclusive to the AOTCTC. As soon as there ready for download I'll post a new thread to let every one know.

The Cheat
09-15-2003, 08:50 AM
sweet looking skin mars

and good news to hear aaron, you are a great modeler man

NeoMarz1
09-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Aaron Smith
Not to steer the subject in another direction ,cuz this model rocks ingame, but yes marz will be touching up my eeth and saesee tiin skins/ Darklord60 is working on some sounds and both models will be exclusive to the AOTCTC. As soon as there ready for download I'll post a new thread to let every one know.

Yeah Ill start looking at the skins now. I'll start setting up things, my time is freeing up a bit, so maybe I can get a start on those. Mars out

The Cheat
09-15-2003, 10:08 PM
does that mean you are almost done this pack mars?

TK-8252
09-15-2003, 10:10 PM
does that mean you are almost done this pack mars? Yes, I'd think that's what it means. You can start thanking god now... Er, I mean Mars. :D

DarkLord60
09-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Grayfox form our team is doing the voices and I am cleaning them up and editing them. By the time they get done I should be finished I hope if not maybee we can release them then have a second release with sounds.

The Cheat
09-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Yes, I'd think that's what it means. You can start thanking god now... Er, I mean Mars. :D

Mars is my god

ALL HAIL MARS!:sbdance

NeoMarz1
09-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, Just when I thought the model could not be improved much more, AOTC/TC's "Kaiasowapit" applied his shader magic, and came up with this. (Feel free to get out your drool buckets, mines already full), Mars out

http://home.earthlink.net/~kaiasowapit/data/jango/pics/shot0187.jpg

DarkLord60
09-16-2003, 02:48 PM
And I am almost done with sounds so that means its almost time to release!

Darth Stryke
09-16-2003, 05:46 PM
That last pick says it all. I better start getting my 56k ready to download this sucker. Those shader are amazing in conjunction with the skins and well, I highly doubt that the sounds will be any less than amazing as well. Looks like there is a new standard for models and skins and that last pic of Jango just hit it. And, as if it couldn't get any better, it is sounding like the release will almost perfectly match the worldwide JA release. Awesome work guys!

The Cheat
09-16-2003, 11:22 PM
wow!!!!!!!!!!!! those shaders in that last one was just amazing, i can not wait for the release of this model, great job everybody

ObiKast
09-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Awesome, good job :thmbup1:

You know when is the release date? :D :clap2:

The Cheat
09-17-2003, 09:11 PM
its almost done, they are just adding small things to it, so it will be done:wid:

Crowy
09-18-2003, 05:34 AM
wow, those shaders make it look even better, i didnt think THAT was possible

Tlasrael
09-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Wow. That last pic of Jango was just amazing. Never seen anything better. I DO hope it will be out very soon.:cool:

BTW, this is my first post here.:)

The Cheat
09-18-2003, 08:59 AM
welcome to the forums Tlasrael, i hope that you enjoy your stay

btw, make sure you check out yoda's swamp, that is probably the best place in the entire forums where we discuss everything (and i mean everything)

The Count
09-18-2003, 11:14 PM
welcome to the forums Tlasrael, i hope that you enjoy your stay

btw, make sure you check out yoda's swamp, that is probably the best place in the entire forums where we discuss everything (and i mean everything)

Not true The Dark Forces MOD forums own it; they are full of down to earth people who keep it real (except Katarn07 ;)) : Swampies suck in comparrison GO DF MOD!

The Cheat
09-20-2003, 01:44 AM
well i will have to check out the dark forces mod forums, although i am not really down to earth, i will probably go back to the swamp though because it just keeps u in it

btw, awesome model mars, the shaded skin looks so much more realistic

ObiKast
09-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Any news? :confused: :D

NeoMarz1
09-21-2003, 01:10 PM
We are close to having things finished here. We decided that Jango and the Clones needed to be buffed up a bit. Shaders are pretty much done, sounds almost, bots maybe (got to check on that). We could have had this out sooner, but we want to make sure that this model is the best it can be. Everyone will be happy in the end. I usually dont like to use my own models in game play, because I have looked at them so often that its old news for me, but this one is different! I actually enjoy using all the models. Keep watching for a release date, its coming soon. Mars out!

Hellfire Jedi
09-21-2003, 01:25 PM
JK2 models work in JA, but the sounds do not work...might you be able to do JA sounds? I dunno how though... >_<

The Cheat
09-21-2003, 01:33 PM
awesomeness, glad to hear it is almost done

i think it is great that you want these guys to be as good as possible and not just rush them to be released. shows how much you all really care about the quality which is a real good thing

mariners2001
09-22-2003, 02:32 AM
ok i have an idea. i know you're almost done with it and want to get it over with but i think it's a good idea....

how about making the models all customizable like KevinCoyle is with his Obi-Wan pack. Like choosing the head, torso and such just to make things a lot easier. This would save space from all of those icons and it'd be truly amazing that way. What do you think? Probably too late?

The Cheat
09-22-2003, 08:54 AM
sounds like a good idea but as you said they probably just want to get this model done with and move along

CraZy_B
09-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by mariners2001
ok i have an idea. i know you're almost done with it and want to get it over with but i think it's a good idea....

how about making the models all customizable like KevinCoyle is with his Obi-Wan pack. Like choosing the head, torso and such just to make things a lot easier. This would save space from all of those icons and it'd be truly amazing that way. What do you think? Probably too late?

I thought of that as well when JA was out. To have a Mandalorian playable race even in SP. I never mentioned it though coz I thought it would've benn released sooner.

The Cheat
09-22-2003, 08:37 PM
This would have certain limitations though, for example, each torso would have a jetpack set to it

UNLESS! you have the head be the helmet/head, the torso be the jetpack, and the legs be the body as well but i am not sure if that is possible

mariners2001
09-22-2003, 10:07 PM
This would have certain limitations though, for example, each torso would have a jetpack set to it

UNLESS! you have the head be the helmet/head, the torso be the jetpack, and the legs be the body as well but i am not sure if that is possible

good idea! i'm sure that'd work too!

The Cheat
09-22-2003, 10:11 PM
i think that would be better because there would be more possibilities between the different helmets, jetpacks, and bodies but it is all up to mars so we will see if he really wants to put extra time into it or if he just wants to release it when it is done

NeoMarz1
09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
New Boba update the first pic compares JA's Boba to mine... I also sampled a few textures from the JA boba. Mars out!

http://forums.aotctc.com/files/bobacompare1.jpg http://forums.aotctc.com/files/bobabust1.jpg

Darth Stryke
09-23-2003, 01:29 PM
So in that comparison pic, are you using the JA textures on your model there? Also, on your final version, will the Boba skin be the ROTJ or the ESB version. I always liked ESB Boba better (green gauntlets and matching jetpack as opposed to the red gauntlets and the colorful jetpack (like in JA) I also must comment about the JA Boba, I use his model in MP and I must say it is extremely well done. Props to Raven for that.

Edit: Also, one thing that I wanted the mention about your Boba skin that bugs me. In every shot I have seen of him, that broken yellow stripe is on the side opposite of the helmet antenna and you have it on the same side. Just thought I would point that out.
Here are a few pics that show what I mean about the 2 versions and the stripe.
ESB:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/mp-bobafett.jpg

ROTJ:
http://www.ugalumni.uoguelph.ca/~jorzech/images/pictures/realFett.jpg

king yoda
09-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Itīs one of the best models for jedi outcast. And it would be cool when the other models (NOT BOBA) would work in JA. I said not boba because the game has already one.

Good work

CraZy_B
09-23-2003, 03:13 PM
A bit off topic but in JA mp the jetpack on Boba's back doesn't show:( Why is that? How do you fix it? I checked it in the models folder and there is only a no jetpack type. So I don't get it.:confused:

ObiKast
09-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by CraZy_B
A bit off topic but in JA mp the jetpack on Boba's back doesn't show:( Why is that? How do you fix it? I checked it in the models folder and there is only a no jetpack type. So I don't get it.:confused:

On SP game go to the console and type: devmapall , and next type PlayerModel boba_fett (it just work on SP game :( )

Have Fun

And about the model, it looks very cool

CraZy_B
09-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Thx. I hope someone will find a way to get it to mp. Boba isnt himself without that jetpack lol.

BTW BoL_Stryke, Hapslash is makin a freakin cool ESB Boba. You should check it out at his website.

Hap's Boba (http://hapslash.tripod.com/jkii/wip_sw5_fett.html)

The Cheat
09-23-2003, 10:08 PM
it looks like boba has been drinking a little extra blue milk after return of the jedi, i dont remember him being that large in the movies, oh well, yours looks way better mars

Master_Payne
09-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Nice model, time to post :)

Marz's boba looks great, my new fav model.

also Hapslash ESB boba is cool, but now has ROTJ colors.

back on Marz's one it will be just ROTJ boba right or ESB colouring too? the two varients (in the movies) looks great... air force camouflage, ground militia... boba is just cool.

also (off topic) its me or the ESB "pilot" boba has larger helmet than the ROTJ one?.

edit. lots of Typos

NeoMarz1
09-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Thx. I hope someone will find a way to get it to mp. Boba isnt himself without that jetpack lol.

BTW BoL_Stryke, Hapslash is makin a freakin cool ESB Boba. You should check it out at his website.

Hap's Boba (http://hapslash.tripod.com/jkii/wip_sw5_fett.html)

Actually you can use the jetpack in multiplayer JA as well... But only in certain "Seige games". Mars out

Darth Stryke
09-24-2003, 01:02 PM
I am not sure why, but in the comparison pic I like the JA Boba better. Something isn't right about it, perhaps it is the skins that you were playing around with. I also like Hapslash's, but the last news for that one was May, so I am not sure if he is still even working on it. If he finished, it would be awesome because he got the model dead on and just needed to weather the armor and skin some areas.

CraZy_B
09-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Yeah the screenies of Boba on the aotctc website looked better than now. BTW Hapslash is working on several models at once he needs a LOT of time to finish them(check the other stuff). I guess he's workin on his x-wing luke now.

Actually you can use the jetpack in multiplayer JA as well... But only in certain "Seige games". Mars out

Do you mean you can USE it? I mean fly with it?

ObiKast
09-24-2003, 04:54 PM
I think 1 of the problems of Jango/boba model by marz is the legs, they are to big

CraZy_B
09-24-2003, 07:19 PM
I think that's becouse of the contrast of that pic. You won't even notice it while playing with it.

NeoMarz1
09-25-2003, 02:14 AM
Yeah the screenies of Boba on the aotctc website looked better than now. BTW Hapslash is working on several models at once he needs a LOT of time to finish them(check the other stuff). I guess he's workin on his x-wing luke now.

Do you mean you can USE it? I mean fly with it?

Yup! you can... I saw it being used last Seige game I played. You have to make sure you select the right proficiency, I think it's something like "Scout", or something like that. Bobas Icon will appear on the proficiency he's for. I cant remember which seige map it was, but Yes you can fly. Mars out!

CraZy_B
09-25-2003, 03:14 PM
A pity i have a 56k connection:( You can't play Siege with bots

About your boba skin: I think the armor should be a bit "newer". I mean it would look great to have one without those scratches. With a skin that makes it look "raw"- I dunno if that's the right word lol

this explains it all
http://www.aotctc.com/site/modules.php?set_albumName=album04&id=aaf&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

I know it's not totally skinned but it looks great

Darth Stryke
09-25-2003, 04:29 PM
I hope this is soon read to release, because this model is awesome. By the way, I figured out how to have the jetpack in any mp game. Just use the boba model as your profile and if cheats are enabled, use the "give all" command and it gives you the jetpack. Then just use it as you would in siege!

Hey crazy, if you are talking about the armor in the picture above, the comparison pic, that isn't his skin. I believe he said that was the JA boba skin on his model. SO the armor still looks like that. :D

CraZy_B
09-25-2003, 07:14 PM
the armor still looks like that.
If that's true than all the skinss are just perfect. Time to release these babies.:D

BTW will you make a JA release as well?
off topic but i found another animation bug with JO models in JA. When you do the wall grab thing while you are turning your back to the wall than the left arm gets all messed up.

mariners2001
09-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BoL_Stryke
By the way, I figured out how to have the jetpack in any mp game. Just use the boba model as your profile and if cheats are enabled, use the "give all" command and it gives you the jetpack. Then just use it as you would in siege!

You can use it with any model...not just Boba.

The Cheat
09-25-2003, 09:46 PM
thats called cheating and i dont do that, even though i am called the cheat

NeoMarz1
09-28-2003, 01:56 PM
To celebrate "Arnold Swartzeneigar" as California's future governor (For which I am voting for myself), We have "pumped" up our Clone/Jango model. Psyko has done an incredible job helping me on this. I am really honored that he has put his time on this model, when I know he has so many of his own to work on (thanks friend). He tells me that the caps need to be adjusted, and weighting adjusted, so we cant be to far off from the final project. Youll notice that he has taken out the gaps... With no further aduuuuu. I present the pics. Mars out!

http://forums.aotctc.com/files/bufffshot1.jpg

The Cheat
09-28-2003, 02:25 PM
wow those look very awesome mars

i cant take the teasing, i must have these models

ObiKast
09-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Wow, to describe that models i just need 3 words.
"THEY ARE AWESOME" :D

CraZy_B
09-28-2003, 03:27 PM
OMG:drop2: eye candy!!!
BTW those screens are from JA, arent they? Will you release it for JA as well?:D

Miko Reglia
09-28-2003, 05:19 PM
thats awsome marz, this models have really turned out great.

these guys are really pumped up now, and me being a californian too, itll just be some time until ah-nold will be governor...

TK-8252
09-28-2003, 06:00 PM
http://forums.aotctc.com/files/bufffshot1.jpg WOW!! Check out those bad boys!

The Cheat, you're really into this model aren't you?

CraZy_B
09-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Yeah he's really a fanatic. but hey so am i lol

The Cheat
09-28-2003, 11:31 PM
yea i cant wait for this model

everyday i check for updates like 100 times

it looks so awesome, and the ability to have so many combinations with the surf files is very awesome

by the way, have you been able to fix the bug where they get all of the surfaces when they are killed?

Psyk0Sith
09-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Yeah its fixed: last time i checked the hidden surfaces didnt reappear. The clear command did the trick.

(The bug happened when a limb got cut off)

The Cheat
09-29-2003, 01:31 AM
ok thanks, glad that was fixed, i didnt remember hearing an update about that bug so i figured i would just ask about it to make sure it was gone

ninja
09-30-2003, 10:30 PM
looks mighty damn good.

Miko Reglia
10-01-2003, 02:47 AM
lol, i think the cheat should get first dibs on this model before the public gets it, cause hes really freaked out and excited about it;)

The Cheat
10-01-2003, 09:34 AM
wow there are some pretty nice pics of jango and the clones on the aotc-tc website so if you have not yet seen them i suggest you check them out

DarkLord60
10-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Way to get them over to our site the cheat. THX lol

NeoMarz1
10-02-2003, 02:08 AM
OK fellas, good news here! The model is finished!!!! We are going to add some sounds, and get 1 more beta with our guys at AOTC/TC, plus we need to figure out how we are going to host the model for download. I am going to aim for a weekend release... Wish me luck... We have had trouble getting the pk3 file up on our site, It seems as though the multilayered Tga's wont upload to our server well. I will do my best to get this out for everyone, I appreciate all the support. Watch this thread, Mars out!

Tesla
10-02-2003, 02:22 AM
Why not submit it to Lucasfiles ??
I haven't followed this thread much so is this for JO or JA or both ?? :)
Nice moddeling skills you have BTW, keep it up i hope to see more exciting models made by you. :D

The Cheat
10-02-2003, 09:05 AM
well right now he wants to just release it to the guys at aotc-tc mod as a beta to make sure it all works ok, and then he will probably only have it on that site since it was made exclusivly for the aotc-tc, or at least that is where it will appear first and then it will appear at jk2files and pcgamemods soon after.

NeoMarz1
10-02-2003, 12:18 PM
well right now he wants to just release it to the guys at aotc-tc mod as a beta to make sure it all works ok, and then he will probably only have it on that site since it was made exclusivly for the aotc-tc, or at least that is where it will appear first and then it will appear at jk2files and pcgamemods soon after.

You are correct sir! If we cant get it up on our site, then I will push to have a release at JK2 files.net... At any rate, we will eventually have it released there as well. Mars out

Hellfire Jedi
10-02-2003, 06:06 PM
If you need a quick host off my site, you make sure you tell me man. ;)

DarkLord60
10-02-2003, 06:58 PM
No its going up on our site I already told Marz that. He just didn't listen. but don't worry guys you'll get these models soon enough. ;)

NeoMarz1
10-02-2003, 11:34 PM
No its going up on our site I already told Marz that. He just didn't listen. but don't worry guys you'll get these models soon enough. ;)

Ooooops my bad, I didnt mean to say it that way. What I meant to say is "We will do everything to host it at AOTC;) " Boy I must have been really out of it when I wrote that last post. Sorry man. I can see why you flamed me back at AOTC forums. I forgot that little dislclaimer hehehehehehe silly me:D Mars out!