PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube help

BigTeddyPaul
08-17-2003, 07:05 PM
I am going to get a gamecube for my sister and I was wondering what games I should and should not get. I know a lot of you out there have a GC so whatever games you own or played please tell me if you liked it or hated it. I don't care what type of game it was because I might get one or two for myself so whether it is SW Bounty Hunter or Pikmin I want to hear it. She is 12 by the way but loves things like Dragon Ball Z and other male stuff. I think I rubbed off on her.

Thanks everyone in advance.

BigTeddyPaul

Boba Rhett
08-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Think she would enjoy Wind Waker or Metroid?

ZBomber
08-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Nice!

Super Smash Brothers
Clone Wars
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 (Its actually pretty fun. She could amke the whole family pro skaters. ^_^)
Mario party 3
Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Simpsons: Road rage (Nice Racing type of game)

All of those are good. ;)

BigTeddyPaul
08-17-2003, 07:39 PM
She likes Zelda and I played it about 85% through so that is one I will get.

I think Super Smash Brothers Melee because we all liked that on 64 and it can be fun.

I have not played Metroid so you guys think she might like it?

What was Clone Wars like? How many hours of game play is it? Same for Bounty Hunter.

I thought it was only Mario Party 4 for GC?

Anyone played the Bomber man one?
Luigis Mansion?
Star Fox?
Spyro?
Sonic?
Digimon? - I hate that show
Mario Sunshine?

They made Aquaman? It looks like crap.

EDIT: I thought Ob-wan was only for X-box and you could get it for about $10. Still not worth it for $10?

BigTeddyPaul

Jed
08-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Well, being a GC owner myself, let's see what we can do for ya.

For the record, Obi-Wan is XBox only.

Luigi's Mansion, IMO, isn't worth it. It's a pain in the ass after awhile.

Star Fox is a fun game, but very short. The same goes for Clone Wars. However, I highly recommend Clone Wars because it has a neat story line and finishing the game gives you that SW-pride feeling. :D

Never played Spyro.

Sonic - Depends on which game you want to buy. Sonic Adventure 2 is an excellent game, but Sonic Adventure DX is not.

Never played Digimon. Thank god.

Mario Sunshine is indeed a fun game. And like other Mario games, you can get a lot of time out of it. Great game, that's one you should definitely get.

Mario Party 4 is a great addition to the series. Keep in mind that it's really a heavily MP based game.

ZBomber
08-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Jed
Well, being a GC owner myself, let's see what we can do for ya.

For the record, Obi-Wan is XBox only.

Luigi's Mansion, IMO, isn't worth it. It's a pain in the ass after awhile.

Star Fox is a fun game, but very short. The same goes for Clone Wars. However, I highly recommend Clone Wars because it has a neat story line and finishing the game gives you that SW-pride feeling. :D

Never played Spyro.

Sonic - Depends on which game you want to buy. Sonic Adventure 2 is an excellent game, but Sonic Adventure DX is not.

Never played Digimon. Thank god.

Mario Sunshine is indeed a fun game. And like other Mario games, you can get a lot of time out of it. Great game, that's one you should definitely get.

Mario Party 4 is a great addition to the series. Keep in mind that it's really a heavily MP based game.

Meant Mario Part 4. Sorry bout that. ;)

Metroid Prime is fun. Great graphics. Great story. Hard as hell htoguh. ;)

edlib
08-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Luigi's Mansion got way too repetitive way too fast. Not reccomended (though it does look great.)

Clone Wars was OK, (not great,) but SP way too short. Multiplayer is fun though.

Bounty Hunter can get pretty frustrating at spots. I still haven't finished it yet.

Rogue Leader is still the best game I have for it.

Star Fox is fun and Metroid is killer! (Although I don't own them yet)

Tesla
08-17-2003, 09:51 PM
You should get,
Metroid Prime
Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Star Wars Rouge Leader
Clone Wars

And Rebel Strike when that comes out :)

Matt-Liell
08-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
She likes Zelda and I played it about 85% through so that is one I will get.

I think Super Smash Brothers Melee because we all liked that on 64 and it can be fun.

I have not played Metroid so you guys think she might like it?

What was Clone Wars like? How many hours of game play is it? Same for Bounty Hunter.

I thought it was only Mario Party 4 for GC?

Anyone played the Bomber man one?
Luigis Mansion?
Star Fox?
Spyro?
Sonic?
Digimon? - I hate that show
Mario Sunshine?

They made Aquaman? It looks like crap.

EDIT: I thought Ob-wan was only for X-box and you could get it for about $10. Still not worth it for $10?

BigTeddyPaul

Sonic- Meh pretty good I played it so many times though I guess I got tired of it, I played it all the time before though.

Bounty Hunter - VERY NICE! :thumbsup: Fun, very fun.

EDIT: Though the game appears short to pass levels they get pretty hard at the end but there is always more bounties to round up and get, cinematics very good, and outakes are hilarious!:p

Clone Wars - Ya pretty fun

EDIT: Gameplay time unknown I never finished it I only rented it once but my brother kinda took over after awhile, but I liked it none the less

Metroid: Well everyone says its so amazing but personally I didn't like it

Star Fox- Another keeper

Melee- Yes thats very good

007 Nightfire: Thats pretty good

NHL Hitz 2003- very fun!

Mario Sunshine - Meh ok I didn't like it that much

Hope that helps! :)

KBell
08-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Thats a good gift idea Paul. I personally liked the X-Box better over the Gamecube so i sold it, but Gamecub is a great gift for the little ones :D

BigTeddyPaul
08-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Yeah I personally would get an X-box too but this is for my wee sis so I have to not try and be selfish.

NHL2003 hitz is a must. Chris Pronger is on the title and it is only 10 dollars total for the game.

Currently own:
Zelda: Wind Walker
Madden 2004
Lost Kingdoms - iffy game
Robotech - iffy game
Mario Sunshine

Will get:
Smash Brothers
Matrix
Rogue Squadron
Bounty Hunter
Clone Wars
Crash Bandicoot

Want to get:
Bomberman
Pikmin
Starfox
Luigi's Mansion
X-men Dimension thing

I am sure there are a couple of other ones but I am busy looking at games.

BigTeddyPaul

Reclaimer
08-17-2003, 10:59 PM
Don't forget Jedi Outcast for Gamecube. :p

Jed
08-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Don't forget Jedi Outcast for Gamecube. :p

Actually...I would forget it. I have it, and I really don't recommend it. The controls seem very unnatural...it wasn't fun :(

Reclaimer
08-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Well some of us can only offord it for Gamecube.:( So go away you computer gamer.:(

Boba Rhett
08-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Yeah, the controls are very nasty. :(

BigTeddyPaul
08-17-2003, 11:29 PM
So that is a no on Outcast? Glad I knew that now because I probably would have gotten that eventually.

BigTeddyPaul

Jed
08-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Well some of us can only offord it for Gamecube.:( So go away you computer gamer.:(

Isn't it cheaper for the PC? :confused:

BigTeddyPaul
08-18-2003, 12:39 AM
List is now officially:

Have:
Mario Sunshine
Bounty Hunter
Crash Bandicoot
Robotech
Lost Kingdoms
Madden 2004
Zelda Wind Walker
Clone Wars

Not too bad.

Want:
Smash Brothers Melee
Rogue Squadron 2
Metroid
Enter the Matrix
Mario Party 4
NHL HITZ 2003!!!!!!
Pikmin
Sonic - there are two so both
Bomberman
X-men Dimension
Luigis Mansion?
007 Nightfire thingy
Skies of Arcadia?
Balder's Gate?
Minumum 1 more controller

Going to be interesting to see how many I get before I run out of funds.

Anyone else with recommendations or games to stay away from?

BigTeddyPaul

KBell
08-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Sorry i cant help you with any sugesstions., I just have Sports games :D

coupes.
08-18-2003, 12:52 AM
zelda is really neat! I'd also get Metroid and Rogue Leader, but if you wait a little you could get Rebel Strike, it's really gonna be awsome, also having sid that your sister likes Dragonball, I beleive there is a game about that coming out, dunno if it's any good though, you might wanna check some reviews first. As you're a hockey fan yourself I expect you might wanna consider getting a hockey game... well I havent played Hitz so I can't talk about it, but NHL 2003 really dissapointed me, there are a couple of problems that make the game very frustrating so I'd wait to see if 2004 is any better (it should as they started from scratch this time and you get to play the 'dynasty' mode whare your test you GM talents and all, looks promising).

BigTeddyPaul
08-18-2003, 01:47 AM
IGN has done some good reviews of NHL2004 so I am excited about that.

There are lots of good games coming out:
Final Fantasy 5 MONTHS!!!!
Mario Cart
Rogue Squadron 3
Soul Caliber
Yugioh - I hate the show but she loves it

BigTeddyPaul

KBell
08-18-2003, 01:53 AM
Ugh, no i dont play Hockey games. I play mostly Football games like Madden and Basketball games like NBA Live and maybe a Baseball game or 2 like MVP Baseball 2004 :D

toms
08-18-2003, 12:36 PM
- nhl 2k3 is supposed to be the best nhl game... im waiting til i spot it cheap.

- Zelda is great (although not quite as good as OOT. but if you get the bonus disk you are laughing)

- I'm waiting for soul calibur :D although i think i may need a new controller as i don't think the official one will for for fighting games.

- Viewtiful Joe is another cool looking upcoming game. And RL2 if they fix the flaws...

- Rogue leader looks great, but the gameplay isn't as good as Rogue squadron was on PC. The problem is all the space missions on a game engine designed for ground flight... you can't see enemy ships, tell what way up you are and the radar is useless. Terribly frustrating game. :(

- Don't have it yet, but super monkey ball (1 & 2) are supposed to be great.

Other games worth a look:
SSX Tricky. Great (PS2 slightly better though)
James Bond - Agent under fire. Good fun, too short.
Aggressive Inline - Awesome game, if u like xtreme sports games. same for Kelly slater if u see it cheap.
Pikmin - Good fun and very cute.
Eternal Darkness - Best Res. Evil style game out there.

I don't know if u are in the UK, but Game are doing cool GC offers, picked up a load of games for about 5 quid each. :D

BigTeddyPaul
08-18-2003, 01:07 PM
California all the way baby so I am a couple thousand miles away and our systems are not compatible.

I personally such the big one on Rogue Squadron. I can't even get past the 4th level most of the time.

I do not like Resident Evil games.

BigTeddyPaul

Reclaimer
08-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Don't forget Rebel trike if you don't have it down as to get when it comes out!

Neverhoodian
08-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Yes, definitely get Rebel Strike when it comes out. I played a demo of the game and it blew me away!

ZBomber
08-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Jed
Actually...I would forget it. I have it, and I really don't recommend it. The controls seem very unnatural...it wasn't fun :(

Indubeudetly, only good thing is MP. I can play it with my friend who doesn't have the game or a good PC. Split screen sucks thoguh :(

BigTeddyPaul
08-19-2003, 03:09 AM
I just got Rogue Squadron so here is the list so far. Only about a total of $125 left to get games but here it is:

Mario Sunshine
Bounty Hunter
Crash Bandicoot
Robotech
Lost Kingdoms
Madden 2004
Zelda Wind Walker
Clone Wars
Rogue Squadron 2

Not that bad of a list. For only trying to get games for a total of 2 days on Ebay. I wish this was for me though because then I could have saved about 80 on some of those games.

BigTeddyPaul

BongoBob
08-19-2003, 07:10 AM
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES AGGRESSIE INLINE!!!
Anyhow, that is a must own game if you like tony hawk. And can't forget thps4. Hmmm...list that I would have for a gamecube-
THPS4
Aggro Inline
Metroid
Zelda
James Bond-Agent and Nightfire(Love MP:))
NBA Street volume 2(Announcer is hilarious:D)
Conflict Desert Storm

I currently am borrowing my cuzs GC while they move, and she has Zelda windwaker and the OOT bonus disk, Metroid, SSBM, and I bought Aggro Inline at blockbuster for $10, and it was like brand new! It had like 1 scratch, and a mint booklet too:D

toms
08-19-2003, 12:01 PM
yeh, it IS great. and didn't really get the credit it deserved, since THSP4 copied most of it's ideas. :D

I can't believe the people who made it then made the crappy BMX XXX. what happened?????

I'd add Pikmin and one of the MOnkey ball games to that list if you see them cheap.

Shotokan
08-20-2003, 02:43 AM
Yeah get the Super Monkey Ball games. Those are GREAT games.

Hm.. Also I'd recommend Mario Sunshine. I played it a bit and it is fun. If your sis likes Zelda and that RPG stuff, Metroid Prime is good. I played that game and beat in like... I don't know it took me a while.

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury is fun, but there's only so much you can do in a fighting game.. Soul Caliber 2 is much more better IMO.

ZBomber
08-20-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Shotokan
Yeah get the Super Monkey Ball games. Those are GREAT games.

Hm.. Also I'd recommend Mario Sunshine. I played it a bit and it is fun. If your sis likes Zelda and that RPG stuff, Metroid Prime is good. I played that game and beat in like... I don't know it took me a while.

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury is fun, but there's only so much you can do in a fighting game.. Soul Caliber 2 is much more better IMO.

Zelda isn't an RPG. I'm pretty sure, atleast.....

BongoBob
08-20-2003, 02:59 AM
No, it's not. It's like an action adventure puzzle game.

ET Warrior
08-20-2003, 03:38 AM
Pikmin and Monkey ball 2.

Bad ass games they are

toms
08-20-2003, 10:08 AM
depends on your definition of RPG. If you mean loads of stats and leveling and mindless combat, as the term rpg seems to have come to mean, then no it isn't. :D

Zelda and FF always used to be considered RPGs though...

STTCT
08-20-2003, 11:14 AM
I'll just tell you what my games my sister likes (she's 19)

Mario Sunshine
Windwaker
Tony Hawk
Monkeyball

BigTeddyPaul
08-20-2003, 05:54 PM
19 eh? *Cue Conan O'Brien Growl

I just got

Time Splitters 2
Luigi's Mansion
Smash Brothers Melee

I have about $50 left to spend so it is going to be interesting to see what I will get.

BigTeddyPaul

Matt-Liell
08-20-2003, 06:09 PM
I just rented a game last night with my friend and we cant stop playing it!

Burnout 2: Point of impact I think its called, great game! :thumbsup:

Shotokan
08-20-2003, 06:50 PM
depends on your definition of RPG. If you mean loads of stats and leveling and mindless combat, as the term rpg seems to have come to mean, then no it isn't.

Yeah. Zelda has similar points but is not a REAL RPG. You don't have EXP points or any of that sort but it keeps the basics, such as those annoying side quests, all the cool items, etc.

Dragon Warrior for the Gameboy was much better IMO. I really enjoyed that.

BongoBob
08-21-2003, 05:22 AM
I just noticed in your first post that she likes dbz. I do believe that a port of dragon ball z boudokai is coming to gc ina month, and the sequal also maybe, hopefully.

I'm very observant, isn't me?

Seph
08-21-2003, 06:23 AM
how's splinter cel? jk, i would say, sunshine. it's addicting

Shotokan
08-22-2003, 04:32 AM
I played Splinter Cell... It's much more easier to aim for the PC version though... But it still holds the "fun factor"

BigTeddyPaul
09-03-2003, 05:12 AM
I am having fun right now with the Madden 2004. Trade for Alscott dude from the bucs. Pretty nice to have.

I am happy with the games I got and now I just need to get a few controllers for everyone to play with.

I hope my sister likes this. Cost enough.

BigTeddyPaul

TheHobGoblin
09-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Well I only had few GC games like about 5 (I'm waiting for the good games to come out). Yet I seen reveiws on some and Played.......5.....*sniff*
Here are a few sure she'll like:
Metroid Prime is a all ages fav
Spider-Man would be nice
StarWars Rouge Leader (If she likes pilot games)
Mario Sunshine (I hated it but a friend gave me one....... I can't find it.....*sniff*)
SSB Would be good.
Matrix Reloaded maybe..... Yet I'm ify on that since it got a bad rating
Zelda Wind Waker.
Another thing that if she like a more brutal (I doubt) Fighting game perhaps with you is Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.

I had a odd thought what if they made a Freddy Vs Jason Fighting game.
(What a veriaty!)