PDA

View Full Version : Console Command for IP Address?

•-BLaCKouT-•
08-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Hey folks, another quick/probably-obvious console question for ya :p

Does anyone know the command for displaying the IP address of a server while you're in there?

It's so that I can either give the IP to friends on MSN, or input it into favourites later. I don't like to 'fave' servers without playing them first, and it's not always easy to find them in the list again.

Cheers in advance folks,
:D B.

Mex
08-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Try pressing esc while your in game and then clicking on about. If I'm not totally stupid it should show you there.

EDIT: Oh and I have no idea how to display it in the console, sorry. :o

Kurgan
08-20-2003, 04:31 AM
The console is shift+tilde

ie: (hold SHIFT and press) `

It's the ` ~ key just to the left of the 1 ! key on QWERTY keyboards.

IIRC, when you first join a game, the IP will be listed in the console (since it keeps a log of all the messages sent to the game while you're in there).

•-BLaCKouT-•
08-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Michaelmexp
Try pressing esc while your in game and then clicking on about.
Somebody give that man a biscuit! :D Cheers dude!!
Yus, that is indeed the way to display the current-game IP. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself to be honest, still.

Swampies to the rescue again, eh? ;) :D

B.

BawBag™
08-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Man B, you are such a tube!!!! I mean, not being able to 'fend for yourself? Jeezo......
Lol just kidding mate. Maybe when we have a barney next time you will have improved from saving IP's of good servers and practising on them........ Lamer n00b!

(P.S. Just kidding fella, Don't whoop me too bad...)

:p

•-BLaCKouT-•
08-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Well, fancy my ol' fellow-red-DFA-spamming laming partner not knowing either! Otherwise he could have just told me on MSN, or made the first reply in this thread! ;) :p

(Ooh, and I feel major whoopage coming on ;) )

When I'm recovered from Reading, your a** is grass...

;) B.