PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever....

Reclaimer
08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Open a new page on the lucasarts site and surf the web lising to the music on the other page?

I do.:D

Blademaster_109
08-24-2003, 11:37 PM
i don't

txa1265
08-25-2003, 12:36 AM
I'm doing it now Korriban Dark is playing ;) )

At work I have music playing in iTunes all day, but at home this weekend I've had the JK site open in a window ... listening to all 7 tunes whenever I open up my Powerbook.

Mike

<EJK>DevMapAll
08-25-2003, 01:12 AM
Yes. I'm doing it right now. Jedi Theme is my favorite.

ImmolatedYoda
08-25-2003, 01:16 AM
how about you guys just rip out all the 300 (or whatever, close to that) mp3s in JO? ive done it, but believe me, youll get bored pretty quickly. its all the same crap because of dynamic music.

txa1265
08-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda
how about you guys just rip out all the 300 (or whatever, close to that) mp3s in JO? ive done it, but believe me, youll get bored pretty quickly. its all the same crap because of dynamic music. Naw - instead I've taken my OT SE CD's and the CD's from TPM and AotC and rippped them and put quite a bunch of it on my iPod. That way when the mood strikes me I can listen.

Mike

The Cheat
08-25-2003, 09:04 AM
im sorry but i dont:(

Reclaimer
08-25-2003, 09:56 AM
I', lissing to Acadamey Theme.

txa1265
08-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Has anyone noticed the naming of the MP3's?

The Academy theme is named MP_Action1.mp3

The Jedi theme is named MP_Action2.mp3

The rest are named more or less as shown.

Interesting.

Mike

KBell
08-25-2003, 11:51 AM
I listen to normal music....like actual bands that people hear on the radio :rolleyes:

Bob Gnarly
08-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Nerd, no one does that except you!:p

KBell
08-25-2003, 12:29 PM
lmao, thats probley why im the only normal one here :p

ZBomber
08-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by [RAA]-=K1ngPin=-
Nerd, no one does that eccept you!:p

Hes not alone...... I'm here for you, buddy! :p

I but the STar Wars Albums... but... listen to them?! What are you on?! :eek:

txa1265
08-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by KBell
I listen to normal music....like actual bands that people hear on the radio :rolleyes: I'm sorry to hear that ... you've been productized.

Score one for the marketers.

;)

Mike

Acrylic
08-25-2003, 06:40 PM
I like listening to real music. IMO game music is only meant for games, not for all your friends to play as loud as ya want in your car. :rolleyes:

Arreat
08-25-2003, 06:40 PM
I listen to normal music....like actual bands that people hear on the radio :rolleyes:

Same here... Whenever I play JK I always turn the music off -- I just can't stand it.

Sam Fisher
08-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Not on the pages, but I do rip all of the music of all of my games and put 'em a CD.

txa1265
08-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
I like listening to real music. IMO game music is only meant for games, not for all your friends to play as loud as ya want in your car. :rolleyes: Real music.

We don't want to go there. John Williams writes 'real' music. I do enjoy it, along with many other 'real' artists whose music is not in games, and certainly not on any 'real music' radio sttattions.

I like the Star Wars music, and also some of the Star Trek music. Some games have inane music ... like SoFII. But themes that are evocative I like along with gaming.

Mike

ZBomber
08-26-2003, 12:21 AM
You guys never listen to Star Wars Music? I pity you. Go to your CD Player, put in Star Wars, and listen good Sonny! :p

Neverhoodian
08-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Hey, just because it's music from a video/computer game doesn't mean it's inappropriate to play it. For example, I listen to the Metroid Prime soundtrack. Most of my friends that I've talked to can't get enough of its music. A friend of mine's going to get the Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker soundtrack as well. If it's good music, I don't care where it came from. *runs off to try to find Medal of Honor: Frontline soundtrack.*

XERXES
08-26-2003, 12:54 AM
I have never played Jedi Academy. I did convert the music files from Unreal Tournament to .wav and put em all on two CDs.

Acrylic
08-26-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
You guys never listen to Star Wars Music? I pity you. Go to your CD Player, put in Star Wars, and listen good Sonny! :p

I shall call you a nerd.

Ahem.

NERD!

txa1265
08-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
I shall call you a nerd. If I'm a nerd then so be it. There's a reason why there isn't just one radio station - and why most of what could reasonably be considered as 'creative' isn't on any commercial radio station. Tastes vary by the individual, but the majority are willing to be sold to and accept the lowest common demoninator.

I'm sure that based on what you listen to there are names you could be called as well.

Mike

Reclaimer
08-26-2003, 11:01 AM
Thank you Mike for making that point.

Tie Pilot
08-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Where i live if you like anything to do with star wars even games then you are automatically a nerd, so i guess im a super nerd cause i read the books as well:p

Yeah i voted yes, good music, if you like game music try converting the music in deus ex, its pretty good, thers a special program for it somewere.

KBell
08-26-2003, 12:53 PM
I shall call you a nerd

I admit, im a nerd...i really dont care, i dont think listening to different music makes one a nerd, but if you see it that way, so be it. But im sure people where you live call you a nerd aswell :rolleyes:

txa1265
08-26-2003, 01:05 PM
I admit, im a nerd...i really dont care, i dont think listening to different music makes one a nerd, but if you see it that way, so be it. But im sure people where you live call you a nerd aswell :rolleyes:

But didn't you also say:

? :confused:

Personally I have three rules of music:

1. Music is great.

2. There is much music I either don't like or artists for whom I have no respect .

3. When #2 is true, remember #1 ...

As an addendum to #1 - sountrack music is music, game music is music.

Listen to what YOU like and enjoy ... life is too short to worry about everyone else's musical tastes ...

Mike

KBell
08-26-2003, 01:08 PM
Yeah, i did say that. I dont listen to that kind of music from games, but i just dont see how someone can be a nerd just for doing so.

Seph
08-30-2003, 12:06 PM
can't say that i have.

txa1265
09-02-2003, 10:13 AM
It is interesting ... all of these things are fun at first, but get boring - if not annoying - after a while. I had the JA site open, then opened the Rebel Strike Site, and also was looking at Harry Potter stuff for my kids and a LotR site ... I just had to mute my computer for the multiple music sources !!!

Mike

PrimoSidone
09-02-2003, 06:04 PM
ù guys still got friends?

and no offcourse i dont listen sw music, geez, what a question

txa1265
09-03-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
ù guys still got friends?

and no offcourse i dont listen sw music, geez, what a question I have plenty of friends ... and I do listen to Star Wars music, and some other soundtrack music.

John Williams' Star Wars music may not be Beethoven's 9th or Duke Ellington, but it surely isn't Britney Spears/Eminem/Coldplay/<insert generic pop productized icon here> either ...

Mike

Sam Fisher
09-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Just wondering, but does anyone listen to the Morrowind soundtracks?

Crowy
09-04-2003, 12:09 PM
the only time i listen to game tracks is when i play the actual game, otherwise its stuff like spineshank, prodigy, mnemic, 40 below summer, sparta, deftones, immortal, frenzal rhomb(aussie punk band)... well i listen to alot of stuff