PDA

View Full Version : I have made a decission

El Sitherino
08-30-2003, 02:11 AM
first off
If this isn't forum appropriate I'll understand if it's closed. I just thought I'd let everyone know that I have made an important decission. and it's not like this intellectual wasteland will suffer from this threads existence so .... deal.

anyway.
I have decided that I will give up marijuana in order to have a more healthy life and be able to be a more responsible (future) husband and father.
After having spent a few days thinking about my life and where it's headed, and what Rei and I have shared and are going to share, I came to this conclusion. If I do marry Rei I wish to be a responsible and well balanced husband, and should we have kids I would like to be a stable father.

thanks for sacrificing a part of you somewhat random life to read this I'm sure you didn't enjoy it but... too late.

Dath Maximus
08-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Sith, im proud of ya man. I hope you become everything you want. Keep strong man. I know you can do it.

Cmdr. Cracken
08-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Good for you, buddy! hope you two go far!

and i'm sure you'l be a great papa. good things, i see in your future.:cool:

Acrylic
08-30-2003, 02:19 AM
Wow. Good job man. And I bet you will be responsible. :)
Good choice you made. :)

El Sitherino
08-30-2003, 02:21 AM
oh crap i forgot.

I shall soon also quit smoking cigarettes.
But drinking shall stay:mad: :xp:

oh also. I seem to be in a big depression sweep right now with all these meds of mine getting changed so I'm not doing particularly well in school, compared to what I had been getting in the past.
I kind of feel right now that I don't feel like I could go through and actually succeed in college. Sadly I don't know what to do. I used to enjoy school a bit. But now I don't feel much care for anything at all, except for Rei and my friends. I don't really find much of a need to even get food or take care of myself. I'm very confused about what I wish to do right now. I mean I know what I want to be. But I don't know what exactly to do with myself at the present time.

ZBomber
08-30-2003, 02:45 AM
I'm really glad your giving up drugs and cigarettes. Drinking can stay, because Drinking is legal (Might not be for you :p)

Anyways, you'll do good in college. Its like you said. Your so used to drugs, not taking them is making things seem harder. You'll get used to it, and you'll start doing better in school. ;)

El Sitherino
08-30-2003, 02:55 AM
no i was saying my meds are the reason i'm having problems.

Swoosh
08-30-2003, 03:03 AM
I think you'll do great if you are confident about yourself and stay as positive as you can. People love positive people. Good job man, it makes me happy to know someone out there has some good goals.

Swoosh

Darth Eggplant
08-30-2003, 03:42 AM
well that's the whole Genie in a Bottle thing isn't it?
drinking is legal ie =okay and socially acceptable
blunt = bad
I mean during prohibition days many people drank
even though their government said not to.
to partake or not to is up to you,
it should not be based on anyhting
i mean alcohol kills just as many brain cells
as smoking up does. and cigarettes are the worst
legally addictive substance governments support
and mkae money off of.

if you think it's the right choice, kudos.
but lets habe none of this Yea! 'drinking rocks'
because it's legal mumbo jumbo.
if you wish to drink fine
if you wish to smoke fine
if you wish to do both fine
or be a tea tootler fine too.

anyhow may the force or whatever be with you.

Father Torque
08-30-2003, 03:48 AM
Congrats IS. I think you made the right move. Good luck with ya, and have a good life :)

Ratmjedi
08-30-2003, 04:50 AM
Good to hear that man. I know we really don't talk and all but I'm proud of you for quitting that habit. That is one of the worst habit's that I dislike cause I've seen it mess with people's life and screw them up. I wish you luck my friend and good to hear that you want to be a good role model for your kids when your older when you have them. I'm sure you'll be a cool father ;)

:lsduel: :duel:

BongoBob
08-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Wow! First my dad says he's gonna stop doing speed, then my friend tanya says shes gonna stop smoking weed, now you! Good job buddy! I hope everything goes well for you;)

Kurgan
08-30-2003, 05:23 AM
The longest journey begins with a single step.

Good luck in all of your travels. Remember that there are always people willing to listen...

C'jais
08-30-2003, 05:29 PM
:)

Tyrion
08-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Beer can stay. You need something to keep you from going on those homicidal rampages. ;)

(By the way, chocolate will make a good subsitute for weed if you dont mind zits.:p)

Kain
08-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Good lookin, man. I quit smoking pot a long time ago. The only problem now is that I have a hard time focusing my mind on one thing for too long. It gets better and it might not happen to you, but good lookin

ShockV1.89
08-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Exxxcellent...

Bob Gnarly
08-30-2003, 06:03 PM
:thumbsup:

KBell
08-30-2003, 07:02 PM
yep, good quitten. I myself have never Smoked, nor did drugs and i dont plan on doin it neither. My big brother always did drugs when he was 16-18, but now he's in Rehab. Drugs can really pull someone's life into the gutter, and quitten is especially hard, thats why I'll never start :D

Reclaimer
08-30-2003, 07:23 PM
:)

topshot
08-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Good luck, IS. I'm sure you'll make the right decisions, whatever problems you face.

I think you'll do great if you are confident about yourself and stay as positive as you can. People love positive people. Good job man, it makes me happy to know someone out there has some good goals.

Swoosh

As LJ once said:"Words to live by my friend! Words to live by! :D"

ckcsaber
08-31-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I kind of feel right now that I don't feel like I could go through and actually succeed in college. Sadly I don't know what to do. I used to enjoy school a bit. But now I don't feel much care for anything at all, except for Rei and my friends. I don't really find much of a need to even get food or take care of myself. I'm very confused about what I wish to do right now. I mean I know what I want to be. But I don't know what exactly to do with myself at the present time.

I know the feeling IS. I'm floating in that void as well, but I'm sure we'll both make it out alright.

Just think things through, as you have just done, and new paths will present themselves.

El Sitherino
08-31-2003, 02:01 AM
just to clear things up.

weak minded people are changed by things.
weed doesn't change you unless you let it. :)
and it's not hard quiting, unless you are weak minded. I've seen what it does to weak minded people.

also. If it was such a changer of people the rastafarian cheifs wouldn't be around to have brought us the joys of raggae music.
Don't be fooled by the propaganda folks. the only drugs that really mess you up are the ones beyond weed. The biggest drug that kills teens isn't weed, it's heroine, and cocaine. Opium was once a big problem too.

enjoy that free tidbit of information.:)

Father Torque
08-31-2003, 02:04 AM
just to clear things up.

weak minded people are changed by things.
weed doesn't change you unless you let it. :)
and it's not hard quiting, unless you are weak minded. I've seen what it does to weak minded people.

also. If it was such a changer of people the rastafarian cheifs wouldn't be around to have brought us the joys of raggae music.
Don't be fooled by the propaganda folks. the only drugs that really mess you up are the ones beyond weed. The biggest drug that kills teens isn't weed, it's heroine, and cocaine. Opium was once a big problem too.

Weed can hurt you. In the long run, same with cigarettes. If weed didnt affect you. Why is it illegal. Just my 2 cents.:)

ZBomber
08-31-2003, 02:04 AM
The biggest drug that kills teens isn't weed, it's heroine, and cocaine. Opium was once a big problem too.

Someone's been doing there homework ;)

El Sitherino
08-31-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Father Torque
Weed can hurt you. In the long run, same with cigarettes. If weed didnt affect you. Why is it illegal. Just my 2 cents.:) same with sugar. too much sugar leads to diabetes and other diseases that cause disruption in the body.

and it's illegal because people abuse it. if you abuse things too much they will become dangerous. what they need to do is moderate the amount of things people take and use. if you abuse sugar and millions of others abuse it i'm sure it would also be made illegal.

Darth Eggplant
08-31-2003, 04:40 AM
I must be week minded, cause after seeing Johnny Depp in From Hell and Fear and Loathing In Las Vegs, I want to do Absinthe shooters and Laudnum. I also want to hang out with Samoan Lawyers

Kurgan
08-31-2003, 04:45 AM
Smoking ANYTHING is bad for your health.

What gets me is the people who quit cigarettes to smoke pipes or pot.

It's like... okay, so all you're doing is making sure you get a different kind of cancer. Good idea. ; p

I mean sure, there are other differences. I don't smoke anything, period (waste of money and my health). I think pipes smell good. Clove cigarettes smell good. Cigarettes smell bad. Cigars smell almost as bad. Pot smells like @#*&.

And don't get me started on chewing tobacco. Sure, you don't have smoke smell, but you have people spitting gross #@$ all the time. ; p

With pipes you can get lip cancer. Cigars are worse than cigs as far as chemicals and things in them, but people usually don't inhale as much or uses them as often, so it all balances out. Low tar cigs really don't do much of anything (they just put a couple of extra holes in them, which would decrease the inhalation a tiny tiny but, the secondhand smoke would be the same). Studies of people who smoked pot for years shows that the "brain damage" thing was overblown, but the health effects from smoking weed were the same or worse than regular cigs. Chewing tobacco you get lip or gum cancer. And anything with nicotine in it of course eventually addicts you sooner or later.

I mean its probably due to the fact that since pot was illegal it was harder to do tests on it, whereas with cigs being legal you can do far more testing on it easily. And they don't put warnings on bags of weed do they? Somehow I doubt it.

Would it be logical to de-criminalize and then legalize smoking joints? Maybe. But then that's like saying cigarettes are okay. We all know they cause health problems. Why not ban cigarettes and keep pot illegal? Of course alcohol is another story.

Alcohol doesn't do any harm until misused. When misused, it leands to more serious problems than all the stuff you can smoke combined. Every drug is a little different, which is why I get pissed when I hear people saying "legalize all drugs" as if they were all the same.

If you want to start a "mouth habit" that minimizes grossness, chew some gum. Hey, it gives you fresher breath and cleans your teeth!

Yeah, there's a lot of unhealthy things you can do, drinking (especially when you're past middle age.. and yes I know people say "well a glass of red wine with dinner increases digestion" but that's not the same thing as having a few beers on the weekend or shots of whiskey), living in smog filled cities, driving recklessly, eating lots of fatty foods with saturated fat and transfatty acids, etc.

But the point is, why do you need to add ONE MORE addicting problem to your list? There have been people who have lived to ripe old ages smoking cigars and drinking hard liquor of course, but perhaps they'd have lived even longer (or had something else different in their lifestyle that balanced it out) if they hadn't done it. There's a lot we don't know, but anyway... I'm rambling now.

obi
08-31-2003, 11:20 AM
I can see an Oprah episode in IS's future. =P

I'm glad you've made this decision, but I have one question. How come the people that get off of drugs get praise from here to wazu but the people that never even tried drugs get the "Who cares?" treatment?

Not that I care, I was just wondering. ;)

HertogJan
08-31-2003, 11:37 AM
Good decision on the beer, the liquid gold should be enough to keep you alive ;)

Oh and marijuana and cigs aren't bad, as long as you don't get addicted to it! In fact, most things aren't that bad if you're not addicted to them :)

HaruGlory89
08-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Great Decision! Keep it up!

C Shutt
08-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Would it be logical to de-criminalize and then legalize smoking joints? Maybe. But then that's like saying cigarettes are okay. We all know they cause health problems. Why not ban cigarettes and keep pot illegal?

Because if I want to do something that hurts nobody but me, then the government has no business telling me I can't.

Sam Fisher
08-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Good luck with the rest of your life.. because we'll be watching:¬:

BTW, does the also mean the you are going to give up LF? ;)

ShockV1.89
08-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13

I'm glad you've made this decision, but I have one question. How come the people that get off of drugs get praise from here to wazu but the people that never even tried drugs get the "Who cares?" treatment?

Not that I care, I was just wondering. ;)

I suppose all those people who stayed away from it deserve a pat on the back as well. But those who tried it and broke away from, I believe, had a harder road.

Kudos to you, IS. And kudos to everyone who stayed away in the first place! (happy, Obi? :D )

obi
09-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
(happy, Obi? :D )

Very. :D

Actually, when I posted that question, I was trying to be somewhat funny. Even though now that I think about it, it makes sense.

Anyway, congrats again IS.

Tyrion
09-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Carl Shutt
Because if I want to do something that hurts nobody but me, then the government has no business telling me I can't.

Second hand smoking doesnt exist then,hmm?

El Sitherino
09-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Second hand smoking doesnt exist then,hmm? they could always pass an ordinance stating all smokers are to smoke in the privacy of their homes. simple as that. i could deal with that. but i dislike people telling me what i can and can't do.

C Shutt
09-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Second hand smoking doesnt exist then,hmm?

There's little actual evidence to suggest it does.

KBell
09-01-2003, 02:55 PM

Thats an Excellent point. SOmetimes straying away from drugs can be just as hard as quitting, considering peer pressure and "Being a cool guy" or just plain Depression.

So if you havent ever done drugs, then pat yourself on the back right now ^_^

Darth Eggplant
09-01-2003, 03:05 PM
evil spelt backwards is live
and we all want to do that, don't we?
trouble is once we have really lived
we find ourselves backwards behind the devil

The Count
09-01-2003, 03:05 PM
I would give up drugs but I'm going to University and I apparently do more there; I could never give up beer and cigars though.