PDA

View Full Version : help me out please..... (Will you become a Jedi knight in the game?)


JediFanatic10
09-12-2003, 01:35 AM
hey yall.... i gotta another big question..... in this game is there gonna be promotions in the game... i dont wanna play this game as a padawan the whole game... like the more we travel and the better we do can we climb the ranks to say... jedi knight or jedi master as the missions continue??

MasterZephyr
09-12-2003, 01:40 AM
If you mean character-wise, im sure that you graduate from the academy near the end of the game or at the end. You are not a master until you have trained a padawan to knight though. But if you mean difficulty levels, i dont think so.

Andy867
09-12-2003, 01:51 AM
Well its hard to see, but you might think there would be some kind of reward that might might make it so that the further you progress you might get a higher "rank" but then in that case, the missions would obviously need to be harder, but thats just what I think only cuz you brought it up.. Never really thought about it though.. Good question!

master_thomas
09-12-2003, 02:17 AM
Well, you start out as a learner, and move up. As you get promotions, they send you on harder missions, but , of course, your talent with the force increases as well.

I'm guessing that you start out as an initiate. You do something that introduces you to the conflict and your actions there bring you to padawan. You do something big again and become a Jedi Knight. Solving the conflict at the end (if you stay on the lightside) will make you a jedi master.

StormHammer
09-12-2003, 11:53 AM
I think it's most likely that you will attain the status of a Jedi Knight at the end of the game. As MasterZephyr stated above, you can't really become a Jedi Master until you've trained others.

The whole idea of the game, as I see it, is that you are a Padawan learner, who gradually increases in skill and Force ability while undertaking a series of missions. It's a bit like the diplomatic missions undertaken by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, and it took Obi-Wan years to eventually be ready to take the final trials and attain the status of a Jedi Knight.

JediFanatic10
09-13-2003, 04:57 AM
well ya know its jus gettin old bein a padawn through the whole game... i think its the coolest **** if theres a cut scene of a ceremony or a speech when you get knighted so i think they should have missions as a padawan then you aer promoted and become a knight and do missions then.... ya think thats what gonna happen?

Andy867
09-13-2003, 05:29 AM
well, whats the point of attending a academy if you never go higher than padawn?

JediFanatic10
09-14-2003, 10:43 PM
so do you climb the ranks as the game progresses?

Dan12R
09-14-2003, 10:50 PM
I would imagine that it's like Jedi Knight. After a mission or so, you're given a point or two to attribute to the force power(s) of your choice (however, the demo doesn't let you upgrade neutral powers. It says they advance on their own). The way I uunderstand the game will go is you start out as a student and work your way up the ranks. Eventually you become a colleague of Kyle and Luke or an enemy of them.

Prime
09-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by JediFanatic10
so do you climb the ranks as the game progresses? I don't know if they actually use the actual rank stuff. You may just progress in your force power levels as you go along...

Does it really matter? Your going to do the same missions anyway...

JediFanatic10
09-15-2003, 02:04 AM
yea it does.... it just makes the game that much better becoming a knight or even a master at the end... and being regarded by other people in the game as a knight or a master... better than you padawan...

Zeenm
09-15-2003, 02:33 AM
It's highly unlikely that we get to jedi Master.. We would have to train a padawan, and I really doubt we can train one, since it'd problably double the size of the game. It'd be good, but it'd too much for a single game... maybe in JK4: Jedi Master we'll see Jaden train someone :D


:lightning:
:wstupid:

Zen Knight
09-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Well, for one thing, if you people read the info (like when the game closes), it says that you have to earn the right to use a lightstaff or dual sabers, at some point in the game, so that's a definite advancement.

Prime
09-15-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Zen Knight
Well, for one thing, if you people read the info (like when the game closes), it says that you have to earn the right to use a lightstaff or dual sabers, at some point in the game, so that's a definite advancement. I think he means advancement in Jedi rank, such as padawan, jedi knight, and jedi master...

Zen Knight
09-15-2003, 04:42 AM
I was seeing the two as the same thing... Jedi gets to chose his weapon, padawan doesn't. I may be wrong, but that was my guess.

Astrotoy7
09-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi All !
We've all seen Episodes 1 and 2. Little Ani from E1 was initially considered *too old* to start training - and he was 10 or so. (yes Luke was also said to be too old, but they didnt have many alternatives during the Empire Strikes Back era). We all saw the cute 'younglings' Yoda was training in E2, some of them were much younger than 10. Padawans start young ! In Ep 1 Obi Wan says he is ready for 'The Trials" to progress from being a padawan to a knight. So, obviously Obi Wan has been a padawan for YEARS. I just get this image of Luke's Academy students in the game being full of horny teenagers, eager to use a staff saber.


I was wondering if we're going to see any element of this. I mean are our characters on the verge of graduating or what, it sorta seems silly if they turn up to the academy with little skills, and at the end of the(relatively short) time period covered in the game walk away as knights(although for game purposes this is great !!)


Plus, I'm sure this has been asked and answered before a squillion times, but for those of you into EU, timelines and canon(not the one in the game !) where does JO and JA fit into the SW timeline. Obviously sometime after the Jedi Academy Trilogy novels.... The remnant are still around makin' trouble, so it can't be too far down the track.(ie after Vision of the Future, they sorta lost their gumption!)

I hope Corran Horn pops up in the game ! I loved the novel "I, Jedi" For those who have never read it, it is told in first person, and outlines his training in the Academy......

anyways, whatever happens in the storyline dept, I cant wait to slice stormies with my saber staff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTFBWYA
17th around the corner !! Not long to go now !!!!!!!

coupes.
09-15-2003, 01:50 PM
I beleive JO was something like 8 years after RotJ, and JA is like 2 years after thatm so it woud make it ten years after RotJ.

Butterfly
09-15-2003, 02:13 PM
In a video of a German Magazin (PC Action), Kyle said t o Jaden "You are now a Jedi Knight" or something like that, so yes, you'll be considered a knight later in the game, I think that that's also the point were you have the chance to change your lightsaber.

Prime
09-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I was wondering if we're going to see any element of this. I mean are our characters on the verge of graduating or what, it sorta seems silly if they turn up to the academy with little skills, and at the end of the(relatively short) time period covered in the game walk away as knights(although for game purposes this is great !!) Well, at this point in time students seem to go from newbies to knights in about 2 years. This is very different from the Old Republic


Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Plus, I'm sure this has been asked and answered before a squillion times, but for those of you into EU, timelines and canon(not the one in the game !) where does JO and JA fit into the SW timeline. Obviously sometime after the Jedi Academy Trilogy novels.... The remnant are still around makin' trouble, so it can't be too far down the track.(ie after Vision of the Future, they sorta lost their gumption!) The game takes place about 14 years after the Battle of Yavin (Star Wars). This is about 3 years after I,Jedi and the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

JediFanatic10
09-15-2003, 07:29 PM
if what butterfly says is true about the video in the german magazine i think thats the proof i needed and plus choosing from dual or staff is obvious... so i do think you'll at least become a knight in the game... yall agree?

TIV73
09-15-2003, 07:45 PM
You will become a Jedi Knight!!

I got this from Gamestar (a german magazine):
After some missions you advance in rank, and before the final chapter you are a Jedi Knight and you are give the choice of taking two sabers or a lightstaff.

There is also a walkthrough, the final chapter means four or five missions before the end. (Can't say it exactly, I don't have the magazine here right now)

Prime
09-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by TIV73
You will become a Jedi Knight!!

I got this from Gamestar (a german magazine):
After some missions you advance in rank, and before the final chapter you are a Jedi Knight and you are give the choice of taking two sabers or a lightstaff.

There is also a walkthrough, the final chapter means four or five missions before the end. (Can't say it exactly, I don't have the magazine here right now) Well, there you have it.

JediFanatic10
09-17-2003, 11:09 PM
thanks i appreciate it guys