PDA

View Full Version : Respectable Swampies?

Clemme w/Stick
09-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Yesterday my mind began to think about what it takes to become a respectable swampie. I looked at the swampies we have today, and saw some sort of pattern emerge. All the know swampies have at least 1000 posts, and some of them have less (The Lost Welshman and I think I theres one or 2 more). Now the question came to my mind.
Can a completely new guy come and become as known as lets say Jais, Groovy or Rhett? I mean, if his posts is good, and never is SPAM.

What do you think you have to do to earn the swampies respect?

plz keep this thread a non-flameable one.

BTW, what happened to the LFJA?

-Clemme

GUNNER
09-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick

Can a completely new guy come and become as known as lets say Jais, Groovy or Rhett? I mean, if his posts is good, and never is SPAM.

-Clemme

No.

What do I need to do to earn their respect? Not a damn thing.

You on the other hand might want to start out with slipping me a $20 and then I'll think about showing you a little respect.

:rolleyes:

Darth Eggplant
09-12-2003, 12:56 PM
i think respect or likeabilty or whatever
comes as an offshoot of posting.
if swamp members posts and like what they are posting,
they eventually start PMing, emailing and eventually messengering each other. then playing online games etc.
so respect comes i think more that way,
its like the grinch said,

maybe respect is a little bit more,
maybe, just maybe it does not come
from a glowy bought at the lucas forum store
and maybe if you read this post
and ignore your post count
your heart may grow 3 times this day
and that's quite an amount,
because respect and love from all swampies
is worth so much, much more

Clemme w/Stick
09-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant
i think respect or likeabilty or whatever
comes as an offshoot of posting.
if swamp members posts and like what they are posting,
they eventually start PMing, emailing and eventually messengering each other. then playing online games etc.
so respect comes i think more that way,
its like the grinch said,

maybe respect is a little bit more,
maybe, just maybe it does not come
from a glowy bought at the lucas forum store
and maybe if you read this post
and ignore your post count
your heart may grow 3 times this day
and that's quite an amount,
because respect and love from all swampies
is worth so much, much more

Hmm, you may be right here. I msg with some of the swampies here, though I have never played with them online :(. I hope I get the chance when JA is released :D. I respect those ppl that I msg with and I hope they respect me too.
I like the poem or whatever you call it that you wrote.

As for gunner, heres the 20 bucks ya wanted *slaps gunner 20 bucks under the table*. Err, I mean, oh never mind that. *runs away without anyones respect*. Oh well, if you think this is SPAM then close it, instead of being somewhat a little hostile (I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post :(.).

-Clemme

RoguePhotonic
09-12-2003, 02:16 PM
The only way you earn respect on forums is when your opinions are exactly the same as all the people that sort of own the board....

Darklighter
09-12-2003, 03:03 PM

plz keep this thread a non-flameable one.

BTW, what happened to the LFJA?

-Clemme

I see my name isn't included in the top list :p XD

A good and respectable Swampie, I believe, is a person known by all who visit here for their overall niceness, constructive and thought-provoking comments and a general welcoming and friendly attitude. You'll get nowhere by looking for attention in the form of spamming/flaming and such. Respect can't be taken, only earned;)

Sivy
09-12-2003, 03:46 PM
what he said ^

:thumbsup:

although a kicking av and/or sig goes along way too :D

Darth Talliusc
09-12-2003, 04:16 PM
interesting question. im sure some people think of me as a respectable swampie and others may simply wonder who the heck the guy with the arthas avvie is.

i stopped visiting these forums for a very long time and when i came back it was a real shock for me to see so many diehards still at it. but kinda saddening that i never see certain people post anymore.

and what did happen to the LFJA? i believe im the only member of their opposite academy left. but whats their to oppose now?

maybe i missed some goodbye threads, maybe people outgrew starwars in general or maybe people are just not posting where i see them but i miss good ol obi-wan13, reb starblazer and the ever puzzling rhett. (theres more but i dont want to drag this out too much).

i wonder if many people from the swamp even remember me. ah well, ill always keep my copies of the academy wars no matter what.

XERXES
09-12-2003, 04:25 PM
oh I thought this was going to be another thread where you list peoples names and I usually dont get listed:(

Kstar__2
09-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by RoguePhotonic
The only way you earn respect on forums is when your opinions are exactly the same as all the people that sort of own the board....

that is only true if you can correctely underbuilt your opinion, without that you're the same as a flamer i think, just randomly screaming things without explaining them

@XERXES, you just need to make a new natalie portman thread, everybody will love you again (though just posting more would help too XD )

Clemme w/Stick
09-12-2003, 05:38 PM
@XERXES and Darky, I'm sorry for not listing you guys. Theres so many good ppl that I wanted to list and those was just the first that popped into my head.

@SivyB, hmm, thats true in its own cool way. At least you get noticed with a kick@$$ av and sig pic. I dont know whether it gives you respect. Yes, it can get you a long way.

-Clemme

•-BLaCKouT-•
09-12-2003, 05:46 PM
so... am I allowed to be a swampie then?
I kinda thought I was... even though I haven't posted a lot in the last coupla months.

[the ring]...it's a conundrum...[/the ring]

B.

Sam Fisher
09-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I was, uh, wondering the same thing. But as far as I heard, its not your post count or sig/av or anything, its how you act on the forums that grants you respect. But the sig/av does help, its your trademark.

•-BLaCKouT-•
09-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Well, I count you as a swampie Sam, 'cos you've been posting as for long as I've been about and just 'always been there'.
But I guess most people think they post well, even if they don't. :confused:

I dunno. The swamp's so friendly, I considered myself some part of it shortly after I stared posting here.
Bugger it. I consider myself a swampie.

It's up to you lot to disagree. ;)

B.

BawBag™
09-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Well, I think I'm a swampie of sorts. I mean, I started out here.
(Actually I think my first post was in the former Valley)
But "respect" is a word to tread around lightly. You may call it respect if you want, as long as no-one gets upset with things that are posted on the boards. ;)

Clemme w/Stick
09-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Hmm, I would say that a swampie is a person who regulaly goes to the swamp, and has a lot of his posts in here. I might be wrong here, so am I wrong?

-Clemme

Sam Fisher
09-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Nope, I have at least 2000 of my posts here in the Swamp.

Good ol' Swamp.

BigTeddyPaul
09-12-2003, 06:34 PM
I know this goes against the 1000 post rule but I grew a high respect for people like Shock and C'jais in the Senate Chamber. Seemed very intelligent in their answers and weren't bastards. Quality posts mean a lot and it is hard to get over a thousand so if you aren't banned before then you are usually respectable enough.

Took me a year to get to 1000 which averages to 3 posts a day. Not very active but I spoke what I thought and made sure most were quality posts.

I respect anyone who is a hockey fan.

An example of someone less than a 1000 who I admire is Homuncul.

BigTeddyPaul

Darth Eggplant
09-12-2003, 07:35 PM
respect, I see lots of peeps on TV and in movies and in real life, killing each other saying, he looked at me funny, he stepped on my Nike's he dissrespected me. honestly if that counts as respect, I am happy to be the guy who holds the door open for you , goes and gets his mail and then have you shut the elevator door on me before I can get in. I live 17 floors up, but would rather walk anyday, than take a fast express elevator to modern day respect. same goes for being followed by store security, or having everyone move away from you on the subway, rather than sit with you. I don't know about respect: I can't eat it, it does not keep me warm, it is not fun to share popcorn with, or sprinkle on ice cream.

give me a fun friend on msn who keeps changing his user name every 3 minutes 'you know who you' are;) or someone who can sing Bowie lyrics with you, or is always willing to talk about the Matrix, or can quote GIR at the drop of a hat, or knows who the Pixies are, who understands when I say big 10 inch; these peeps are my kind of peeps. I like them :D :D :D

Clemme w/Stick
09-12-2003, 07:40 PM
I didnt say that you needed a 1000 posts to be respected here, I said that the most known swampies have 1000+ posts :D. I'm sorry if I made it seem I meant the other thing, that wasnt a part of my plan.

-Clemme

whitedragon
09-12-2003, 07:57 PM
well i guess i can say that im one of the respectable ones. i guess how i got respectable is that i have always had a pretty good attitude towards everyone and i posted quite alot. i also try to joke around as much as humanly possible, i love makeing people laugh (thats why i started makeing spoofs), but i think that makeing friends is what makes you mostly respectable.

and flameing the hell out of sammy dident hurt (very old joke)

Jed
09-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Good attitude, quality postin' and a sense of humor help. :D

And what Sivy said 'bout the AV/sig XD

ZBomber
09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
I didnt say that you needed a 1000 posts to be respected here, I said that the most known swampies have 1000+ posts :D. I'm sorry if I made it seem I meant the other thing, that wasnt a part of my plan.

-Clemme

Plan? :eek:

There was a time where we all made fun of Sam. Now, we all make fun of Reclaimer. WHo iwll be next? :D

EDIT- And about the repesct thing, I agree with Jed. But then again, I have to, or I get no dinner. D

legameboy
09-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant
... give me a fun friend on msn who keeps changing his user name every 3 minutes 'you know who you' are;) ... who understands when I say big 10 inch; these peeps are my kind of peeps. I like them :D :D :D

Aww, thanks Eggy. ;)

Anyways, respect comes in due time, respect comes when you act your freindly natural self, and respect is a luckly thing to have. Once you lose respect from someone though, it's very hard, nah, impossible to get it back.

obi
09-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Respect? Want my respect? Season One of Smallville on dvd comes out soon if it isn't out already, and Doritos Cool Ranch just went on sale for 2 bags for $1.50 at my local store.

Respect comes from the cholesterol, my friend. Remember that.

BTW, LFJA is not dead, it's just like a bear in winter time- hibernating. Then, it will awaken with the unstoppable force of awesomeness and more awesomeness.

Tyrion
09-12-2003, 10:46 PM
The way you become a swampie is that Rhett and Kurgan tied you up, drag your body to the Blair Witch Forest, then force you to commit many many illegal deeds(no,not that you sick perverts) while streaking naked. Then, you drink some drugged jawa juice and end up in the back of a van that's rolling down a hill. You need to jump out of the van, then amputate any broken limbs. Once you do that, you need to crawl to Alcatras, relying only on your fingernails and urine for food. At Alcatras, you then get neutered and put into a jail cell for 7 days with a horny jawa. Once you get out of that, then and only then will you become a swampie.

Unfortunately, you cant choose to become a swampie, so you end up going through that eventually.

Damnit!:p

Sam Fisher
09-12-2003, 10:49 PM
It happened to you too! OMG!:p

KBell
09-12-2003, 11:20 PM
well, i KNOW you dont get respect with the amount of posts that one gets, becuase i can name a few people that have over 1000 posts that i dont respect at all;)

SO i guess you earn respect by stating your opinion and not changing that opinion under any peer pressure, as long as its an appropriate opinoin. :p

Tyrion
09-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by KBell
well, i KNOW you dont get respect with the amount of posts that one gets, becuase i can name a few people that have over 1000 posts that i dont respect at all;)

SO i guess you earn respect by stating your opinion and not changing that opinion under any peer pressure, as long as its an appropriate opinoin. :p

You also earn your respect if you also arent stubborn to change your stance on something if the other side had better evidence/reasoning than you.

Father Torque
09-12-2003, 11:57 PM
I think we are all respectable swampies. Juts some are more respectable than others. I consider a respectable swampie. To not be in-mature too much in their posts. Since after awhile it gets old and sometimes disrespectful. I also think a respectavle swampie is someone who thinks about others, and watches their back, in tuff situations. i find a respectavle swampie to be a leader. One who leads the forums and sets good examples for new comers. I find new swampies to the forums to sometimes be respectable. I find them respectable if they can catch on to the rules, fast, and if they dont go buck wild and spam. I dont care about post count on people. Because compared to most here i dont really have that high of one. I find some people with huge post counts to be bigger jerks than someone with a low pots count. I think people just hang with the higer post count people to be noticed. I find a respectable swampie to be nice and show there niceness in anyway possible. I like swampies who will stand for people that they might not know, but feel that they are being punsihed for something that is wrong. I feel that everyone here is respectable in there own way. Even if they dont show it that often :)

XERXES
09-13-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Kstar__2
that is only true if you can correctely underbuilt your opinion, without that you're the same as a flamer i think, just randomly screaming things without explaining them

@XERXES, you just need to make a new natalie portman thread, everybody will love you again (though just posting more would help too XD ) only reason my portman thread lived was cause of Rhett and his strange obsession with her. I dont have a lot of time to post, ima busy collge boy.

but if you say so, I'll go reply to every single thread on the front page. I ruined my friends forums by doing that...every day...lol. It was chaos.

Boba Rhett
09-13-2003, 03:12 AM
Strange obsession? It's a perfectly healthy obsession! :p

*goes back to carving a visage of portman into his forearm*

I'd say a high post count is one of the effects and not a cause.

Tyrion
09-13-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Strange obsession? It's a perfectly healthy obsession! :p

*goes back to carving a visage of portman into his forearm*

I'd say a high post count is one of the effects and not a cause.

I dunno. Reb only had 500-700 posts. And he was considered a swampie. Too bad he's in Uni.

As for your obsession, yes it's a healthy obsession.

*smiles and nods*

*Calls Natalie Portman on the cell phone to watch her back, she has her very own Lucasforumian stalker*

:D

But yeah, look at me. I have 4000 thousand posts and people treat me like dirt. No res'pect I tell ya, no res'pect!

Zoom Rabbit
09-13-2003, 06:08 AM
Respect (http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/jonal/wedding/laughing.jpg)? I've discovered in life that 'respect' is a thing that becomes important only when ego (http://www.ictuslimited.com/tuxedo.jpg)s are involved.

Remember (http://www.augustana.edu/alumni/giving/annualfund/teaching.gif)--you are not your ego. :) It's a construct of the mind, a tool useful (http://www.drzags.com/images/full/ma_3m%20duct%20tape.jpg) in dealing with life. Nothing more.

Of course, I'm not saying that doing away with ego is good. :rolleyes: A healthy ego is necessary for a person to succeed in life, but if you let it be in charge its own nature will lead you into conflict (http://aimeemajor.com/images/photos/ax2001/fight.jpg). Keep the ego a servant therefore, a slave to what you really are--a soul (http://home.att.net/~s-prasad/hanuman.jpg).

Okay, new-age hippy discourse (http://www.iamm.com/planning.gif) over. :max: And for the record, I don't even respect myself (http://www.berghuis.co.nz/abiator/weird/ears.jpg). Yeah, I'm a snotty little nerd man, a pasty-faced western dough boy who consumes resources and fouls the environment without contributing meaningfully to society... (See?) ;)

The_One
09-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Well, I've been around for a while - not very long in LF terms though, and I have gained many people's respect, particularly in the Dark Forces MOD forum :p

And hey, I haven't even hit 1000 posts yet :p

Facists, the lot of ya'.

whitedragon
09-13-2003, 05:46 PM
I think that the post count thing is a bunch of bull. I say crack a joke now and then and people will start to like you.

C'jais
09-13-2003, 08:23 PM
*Is amazed that people still remember him*

Mike Windu
09-13-2003, 08:23 PM
i'm gonna be next to be made fun of ;)
*looks at post count, avatar, and sig pic*

Well i think a respectable swampie is someone who makes alot of good posts and doesnt spam, while at the same time, got the warm lighthearted humor and attitude everyone likes

:(

I dont think groovy likes meh either hehehe

Uhhhh wait your under arrest!:bdroid2:

Clemme w/Stick
09-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
*Is amazed that people still remember him*

How can I forget one of my own countrymen?
Anyways I've seen some nice definitions on what a respectable Swampie could be, but I really like Togues.
Keep the definitions coming.

-Clemme

The Count
09-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Sorry but I think people take these Forums far too seriously; most of the people here need to seriously chill out.

This thread is an example of my criticism.

Ratmjedi
09-14-2003, 03:20 AM
I think a respectable Swampie is somone who's post's contribute to the thread and actually make sense and just don't take up space. Someone that has a reputation of being nice and helping others out and making them feel welcome. Also someone who is really active and is always around and who post's in most of the threads. That's what a respectable Swampie is.

:lsduel: :duel:

ET Warrior
09-14-2003, 08:03 AM
A respectable swampie is anyone who is exactly like me.

Or not...like.....me........

Yeah, it's 2 30 a.m. and i didn't get much sleep last night....so...bah.

Javva the Hutt
09-14-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm almost intimidated to post here....almost.

Does it have anything to do with post count? Post count means nothing if someone has been active on other forums. Not that other forums mean anything to anyone else.

I think it only matters how respectful and mature the person is. The thing to remember even through all the banter is that it is actually a person on the other side that is asking a question or posting an opinion. And that every person is flawed and capable of erring. So handle such instances with that in mind. Warez excluded of course. And remember quality not quantity, so my wife tells me ;-)

•-BLaCKouT-•
09-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah, that's it Javva, you should be fine here ;)

B.

Lost Welshman
09-14-2003, 09:16 AM
I think a good joke and the ability to be made fun of jokingly is how you become respectable. HUGE post counts just make you look up to people a bit more, IMO.

Anyhoo, I'll stop annoying you and try and earn some respect, and ultimatly fame.

*ahem*

Knock, Knock

You're supposed to say who's there. *sigh*

Clemme w/Stick
09-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Whos there?

Hmm, as for the post count comment, I didnt mean to say that it was necessary to have a huge post count in order to be respected around here. The most important thing in order to earns one respect on these forums is first and foremost, not to SPAM, or at least thats what many of you have said in some sort of way. If I didnt misunderstand anything.

-Clemme

Rogue Nine
09-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Post count is nothing. Reg date is everything.

Lost Welshman
09-14-2003, 10:52 AM
What Niner said. Makes me feel special.

obi
09-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The Count
Sorry but I think people take these Forums far too seriously; most of the people here need to seriously chill out.

This thread is an example of my criticism.

My, aren't we a blinding light from Heaven. You take this to seriously too. Too serious about hating the people here. Look at your signature, for example.

Go team go. :thumbsup:

Also, I agree with Niner. Chicks dig the reg date.

Darth Groovy
09-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by XERXES
only reason my portman thread lived was cause of Rhett and his strange obsession with her. I dont have a lot of time to post, ima busy collge boy.

but if you say so, I'll go reply to every single thread on the front page. I ruined my friends forums by doing that...every day...lol. It was chaos.

Strange obsession?!?!? I knew she would grow into a yummy hottie ever since I saw The Professional. Speaking of upcoming hotties, take a look at Anna Paquin (Rogue, from X-Men)! Some say I have a strange obsession with Drew Barrymore, why is that strange?

BTW, how the hell did I get to become a respectible Swampie? Your not just brown nosing the Swamp president are you?
:p

Clemme w/Stick
09-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Strange obsession?!?!? I knew she would grow into a yummy hottie ever since I saw The Professional. Speaking of upcoming hotties, take a look at Anna Paquin (Rogue, from X-Men)! Some say I have a strange obsession with Drew Barrymore, why is that strange?

Yep, shes hot alright :D. I mean how can you think otherwise??

BTW, how the hell did I get to become a respectible Swampie? Your not just brown nosing the Swamp president are you?

Nope I'm not. I respected you since you took me under your wing in the LFJA. BTW Groovy, whatever happened to the LFJA?

-Clemme

Darth Groovy
09-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Yep, shes hot alright :D. I mean how can you think otherwise??

Nope I'm not. I respected you since you took me under your wing in the LFJA. BTW Groovy, whatever happened to the LFJA?

-Clemme

Go here! (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=435)

Clemme w/Stick
09-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Thx Groovy.

-Clemme

The Count
09-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
My, aren't we a blinding light from Heaven. You take this to seriously too. Too serious about hating the people here. Look at your signature, for example.

Go team go. :thumbsup:

Also, I agree with Niner. Chicks dig the reg date.

I do not; also I don't hate anyone here; hate is such a strong word.

How do you know my signature is directed at anyone here?

Darth Talliusc
09-14-2003, 10:21 PM
i think that the deciding moment of becoming a respectable swampie is when somebody quotes you/replies directly to what you said when its not a flame.

*notices that his earlier post in this thread went pretty much ignored and runs away crying*

but seriously i must confess that i do look over at the number of posts under a persons name when im reading a thread. i try not to let that sway my opinions but it probably does on some level.

Tyrion
09-15-2003, 12:16 AM
Reg dates mean nothing. NOTHING! Stop hiding in your false security, Niner!

*Hugs his 4000 posts*

But you become a respectable swamping by getting into everyone's face and make yourself know. Then flame those that dont like you.

It works, only until you hate someone else who tries to become a respectable swampie. Then you end up a lost swampie. Or something. You just go under the muck water..

gorganfloss
09-15-2003, 12:35 AM
Im no where near respectable. I rarely contribute to anything people post. Usually anyway. There are a few occations that I have said something that gave a decent response. My posts always seem to be stupid jokes and even stupider comments.:)

Anyway, the reg date and post count you have doesnt mean jack sh*t. Well, it is kinda nice knowing how long youve been here. Or, more accurately put, how long your soul has been bound to this place and has been tormented every waking hour, and sometimes on the weekends it even spits in your souls food, just to keep you from leaving.

Or maybe thats just me...

obi
09-15-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by The Count

How do you know my signature is directed at anyone here? Matrix fan boys and Echobase forum goers? Sure, there are NONE Of those here. I apologize.

Darth Eggplant
09-15-2003, 02:58 AM
originally posted by Darth Talliusc

i think that the deciding moment of becoming a respectable swampie is when somebody quotes you/replies directly to what you said when its not a flame.

*notices that his earlier post in this thread went pretty much ignored and runs away crying*

but seriously i must confess that i do look over at the number of posts under a persons name when im reading a thread. i try not to let that sway my opinions but it probably does on some level.

:jawa :cheers: Darth Talliusc :cheers: :jawa

Javva the Hutt
09-15-2003, 04:59 AM
Well if post count or reg date matters, at what point are you a respectable swamppie?

I'm patient and can wait, just curious.

Zoom Rabbit
09-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Javva the Hutt
Well if post count or reg date matters, at what point are you a respectable swamppie (http://www.webclowns.com/register.htm)?

I'm patient and can wait, just curious.

As unofficial emperor (http://www.jouberts.com/EmpNort1.gif) of another forum (http://www.jimhancock.com/images/jpeg/friends/idiots.jpg), I dub thee *respectable.*

Unless you embarrass (http://www.trekconnection.com/wallpaper/pics/spock2_1024.jpg) our majesty (http://www.berghuis.co.nz/abiator/weird/ears.jpg) at some later date... :dozey:

;)

Javva the Hutt
09-15-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit
As unofficial emperor (http://www.jouberts.com/EmpNort1.gif) of another forum (http://www.jimhancock.com/images/jpeg/friends/idiots.jpg), I dub thee *respectable.*

Unless you embarrass (http://www.trekconnection.com/wallpaper/pics/spock2_1024.jpg) our majesty (http://www.berghuis.co.nz/abiator/weird/ears.jpg) at some later date... :dozey:

;)

I certainly will try not to, your majesty! ;)

ET Warrior
09-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Some say I have a strange obsession with Drew Barrymore, why is that strange?

It's strange because Drew Barrymore is extremely NOT-hot. Infactso I'd say she's kinda funny lookin.

The Count
09-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Matrix fan boys and Echobase forum goers? Sure, there are NONE Of those here. I apologize.

The Echo base part has nothing to do with The Matrix statement; notice the spaces between them and I just see in alot of people's signatures that say something Join Echo Base today so I thought I'd be different and I hope somone sees the funny side to it.

And as a Terminator fan-boy I feel as if I must defend the franchise.

Lost Welshman
09-15-2003, 07:00 PM
After Terminator Three, I think the matrix follows on perfectly :p

It does ya know.

Anyhoo.

:c3po: Because nobody ever uses that smiley

And just to clean up the spam a bit.

I'm the most respected swampie not including the one's who are more respected than me, meaning the newbies and anyone even more respectable.

BawBag™
09-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Lost Welshman
I'm the most respected swampie not including the one's who are more respected than me, meaning the newbies and anyone even more respectable.
Like Me. :D ................
:indif:

I'll get me coat...........

The_One
09-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Anyone have a beer?

Darth Talliusc
09-15-2003, 10:29 PM
*sobbs* thank you darth eggplant. thank you so much! *end sobbing*

but seriously i was starting to wonder if my posts were invisible.

and the_one why yes i do, but its mine and i plan on drinking it myself... aww fine you can have one of the root beers we brewed last weekend (smells like pop, looks like pop, tastes like pop.... not the alcohol content of pop though :)

enjoy..................hmmm, for some reason it seems im unable to fit the bottle into my cd tray.... perhaps its that bagel that i stuffed in there earlier........................................... ............................................VOTE STEWIE FOR GOVERNOR!

*runs away chanting "VICTORY IS MINE"*

XERXES
09-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Speaking of upcoming hotties, take a look at Anna Paquin (Rogue, from X-Men)!

:naughty: *looks over shoulder to make sure gf doesnt see this*

The Count
09-15-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by The_One
Anyone have a beer?

Funny you should mention that, I am sipping a cold Budweiser right now.

Darth Groovy
09-16-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
It's strange because Drew Barrymore is extremely NOT-hot. Infactso I'd say she's kinda funny lookin.

"Funny lookin"!?

http://www.x-portal.biz/gallery/d_barrymore/db12.jpg

For XERXES:

http://www.prisma-online.de/image/f4/mm5910cb6f3a82bff4.jpeg

Zoom Rabbit
09-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Case closed--Drew Barrymore is officially hot (http://www.manbottle.com/pictures/sexychick.jpg). :D

GUNNER
09-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
Post count is nothing. Reg date is everything. Damn strait..
<---------------ahemmmmmm :rolleyes:

leXX
09-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Reg date is nothing.
Post count is nothing.
Mod status is nothing.
Quality of post is everything.

Lost Welshman
09-16-2003, 04:31 PM
I think LeXX wins. It's alot nicer to read a post that makes sense, and doesn't use slang, rather than having to translate every other word. Thinking about it, I do respect people alot more if they put quality into a post, especially if it has a splash of fun :D

:evanpiel: <-- What the hell is that!? A Sad Pink Yoda with a pony tail?!

I'm going back to my slumber

*sleeps on keyboard*

BawBag™
09-16-2003, 04:57 PM
"Funny lookin"!?

http://www.x-portal.biz/gallery/d_barrymore/db12.jpg

For XERXES:

http://www.prisma-online.de/image/f4/mm5910cb6f3a82bff4.jpeg

http://images2.fotki.com/v21/photos/4/46087/215691/bonertime-vi.jpg
:eek: Appropriate? Ah well......... ;)

leXX
09-16-2003, 10:07 PM

That is Even Piell (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/evenpiell/). ;)

Elijah
09-17-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Sivy B
what he said ^

:thumbsup:

although a kicking av and/or sig goes along way too :D *ditto*

Funny thing is, my post count is lower than people who have been here half as long as me... is this bad :confused:

Clemme w/Stick
09-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Dont think so ZDawg. It just tells us that you think before you post anything, in which case would make you a Respecatble Swampie. At least to me.

-Clemme

Lord Blackadder
09-17-2003, 12:19 PM
I'm with Eggplant on this one, I think it might take me a while yet though before I get to be a fully fledged swampie...

I'll respect anyone who treats me with respect - it's down to the old 'treat people how you want to be treated yourself' thing doesn't it?

Lost Welshman
09-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by leXX
That is Even Piell (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/evenpiell/). ;)

LMAO That is so cool.... Kinda familiar though.... Where'd Z go.

Clemme w/Stick
09-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Thopa Elsst
I'll respect anyone who treats me with respect - it's down to the old 'treat people how you want to be treated yourself' thing doesn't it?

Yep. If you want to say it in one sentence :D. Its a good sentence either way ;).

-Clemme

Agen
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Respectable swampie =

Someone who's been around somewhere in the forums, don't have to post, jsut to be there.
Posts sensible stuff 55%+ of the time ;)
Recognizable trait in anyway shape or form :p
Posts Pics of funny looking Drew Barrymore :D
Bows down to the Spoon (meh)

Jah Warrior
09-20-2003, 02:37 PM
respect... just a little bit!!!! respect... just a little bit!!!! R E S P E C T.

length of time here is not really important, its all to do with post quality as lexx says. If someone just spams incessantly then i put them on my ignore list.

I loathe spam, its just so stupid... if you aint got anything to say ... shut the .... up!:rolleyes:

Having said that I dont give a monkeys if I'm perceived as respectable or not, I also dont really care if the stuff i post annoys people, they should just deal with it.

I dont really see myself as a swampie, I'm just a good friend of the swamp, I've made some great pals here and long may that continue. Those that know me, know i dont take sh-t from anyone and I do my own thang, which are qualities i admire in other poters.

I would also like to say that even some of the long-term swampies struggle to talk or post in an adult maner... you know who you are!

Clemme w/Stick
09-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Bows down to the Spoon (meh)

Dont think I'm a respectable Swampie then :(.

*Goes back to the shadowy side of the Swamp*

-Clemme

gorganfloss
09-23-2003, 03:38 AM
Ive always bowed down to the spoon.

The spoon is my master...:bored:

Chastan
09-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Respectability is for chumps!

Being an assclown is better!:D

Vestril
09-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Chastan

Being an assclown is better!:D

I wholeheartedly agree...with nothing you said

XERXES
09-23-2003, 07:31 AM

Being an assclown is better!:D so a clown that licks asses for a living is better? Where is the respect in that?

Chastan
09-23-2003, 07:42 AM
so a clown that licks asses for a living is better? Where is the respect in that?

read my post again

Lost Welshman
09-23-2003, 05:18 PM

I'm going back to my slumber

*sleeps on keyboard*

Originally posted by Jah Warrior
I would also like to say that even some of the long-term swampies struggle to talk or post in an adult maner... you know who you are!

...you talkin' to me? :D

XERXES
09-23-2003, 05:20 PM
read my post again oooh, a clown that live inside an ass?

how...wonderful *shudders*

Agen
09-23-2003, 11:14 PM
...you talkin' to me? :D
You think he's talking to you,
I KNOW he's talking about me ;)
To be honest... it's all my keyboard's fault, the clicking is so satisfying that i just have to mash it at an inhuman speed..... :D

*Goes back to the shadowy side of the Swamp*
The door's always open ye know ;)

Ive always bowed down to the spoon.
You'll get yer reward ;)

Also, nothnig wrong with ass dwelling. You get used to it :cool:

Chastan
09-25-2003, 07:49 AM
oooh, a clown that live inside an ass?

Vestril
09-25-2003, 07:55 AM
oooh, a clown that live inside an ass?

good grief....:hit4:

all I have to say is this:
the elders tell of a young ball much like you. he bounced 3 meters in the air, then he bounced 1.8 meters in the air, THEN he bounced 4 meters in the air!! Do I make myself CLEAR?!?

we demand bouncing, followed by rolling, followed by rolling of the third type:blubounc::roll1::roll2:

we cannot condone bouncing of the 7th variety. :bounmult:

Clemme w/Stick
09-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
The door's always open ye know ;)

I think I'll stay there Term. I will never bow down to the Spoon and you know it.

*Kicks the Spoon in the nuts*

....Err....does a Spoon have nuts?! :confused:.

*Starts inviting ppl to the shadowy side of the Swamp*

-Clemme