PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python

legameboy
09-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Alright, first off, have any of you seen and like Monty Python? I just saw "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and I have to say thats the best comedy I've ever seen. :lol: Here's some good links I found to get some more Monty Python goodness :D:

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/
http://www.mwscomp.com/python.html

That's it. :p

Anyways, Monty rocks... later! :p

Miko Reglia
09-13-2003, 06:47 PM
lol, very cool man, very cool

monty python is probably the best british comedy to come out of, well britain.

i mean they still have a fan base even after all these years, and new people are still opening up to it, and liking it, and thats just awsome:D

TiBo
09-14-2003, 03:26 AM
Holy Grail has got to be the funniest movie ever!

MaulerZ
09-14-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by TiBo
Holy Grail has got to be the funniest movie ever!
agreed.....:cool:

"I fart in your gereral direction" :D

Darth Eggplant
09-14-2003, 03:40 AM
yes just after talking to gameboy
i went and rewatched it again tonight.:D

TiBo
09-14-2003, 03:51 AM
I love how they show all of the credits at the beginning of the movie, and at the end its just a blank screen with elevator music playing. Comic Genius!

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!

ET Warrior
09-14-2003, 05:29 AM
Monty Python rules. Flying Circus had some seriously awesome sketches. Self defense against fresh fruit...possibly the funniest skit ever.

Life of brian is also a HILARIOUS movie.

And of course, The Quest for the Holy Grail is fantastic. I won't start quoting it, because I really do have basically that whole movie memorized, and you guys don't want to see the script typed out here. ;)

BongoBob
09-14-2003, 05:36 AM
I am still waiting for my parents to take me to blockbuster to rent it. I hate not having a car:mad:

Javva the Hutt
09-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Holy Grail is hilarious.

The TV series was and still is the funniest thing on TV!

Lost Welshman
09-14-2003, 09:09 AM
I'm risiting getting carried away and blabing about how great Monty Python is, but let me assure you, it is very cool. Ha ha ha.

*ahem*

YOU HAVE TO SEE THE MEANING OF LIFE ASWELL!

I tried to watch Jabberwocky, but it is nowhere near as funny as the other three films. I think there is one more aswell.

Clemme w/Stick
09-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, is indeed one of the best movies ever. I love their shows, and I infact I have each and everyone of them on DVD :D.

-Clemme

•-BLaCKouT-•
09-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Meaning of Life's my fave. I used to love the shows, but I find them a bit dated in places now. The movies are just timeless though :)

B.

The Cheat
09-14-2003, 12:53 PM
holy grail was awesome

life of brian was great (Suicide Squad Attack)

meaning of life was ok but not my favorite

Darth Groovy
09-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Most people know I love Monty Python very much. John Cleese is a God. I have all of the major movies, and a great deal of the Video collection. I'm looking for a few on DVD now. My personaly favorite is And Now For Something Completely Different.... which is basically a streamlined compacted version of all of the best skits, and it is to die for. I laugh so hard everytime I watch it...

Oh and remember this bit?:

http://guardian.curtin.edu.au/cga/art/silly3.gif

|GG|Carl
09-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

:D LOL! tht's their best! But what was it called...hmm... "The minestery of silly walks" or something... Anyways it's great!

Clemme w/Stick
09-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Most people know I love Monty Python very much. John Cleese is a God. I have all of the major movies, and a great deal of the Video collection. I'm looking for a few on DVD now. My personaly favorite is And Now For Something Completely Different.... which is basically a streamlined compacted version of all of the best skits, and it is to die for. I laugh so hard everytime I watch it...

How can you forget The Ministery of Sillywalks?
How about the Fish Slapping Dance?

-Clemme

Darth Groovy
09-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick
How can you forget The Ministery of Sillywalks?
How about the Fish Slapping Dance?

-Clemme

Or Hell's Grannies?

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/compdiff/hellgr1.jpg

I should have been British...:D

|GG|Carl
09-14-2003, 07:27 PM
This one was always my favourite:
http://www.spamworld42.freeserve.co.uk/Monty%20Python%20bit_files/image008.jpg
The Dead Parrot!

Have you seen that one?

ForceElf
09-14-2003, 10:07 PM
Yes that was great.

Also I'm a Lumber Jack and I'm Ok.

BigTeddyPaul
09-14-2003, 10:20 PM
I think the school of defense against fruit is the funniest thing.

BigTeddyPaul

legameboy
09-15-2003, 01:02 PM
I finished watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the 6th time last night... it never gets old. :D

"Sorry? Are you crazy you stabbed him in the head!"
"Oh?! Is he ok?"

Hehe... and currently I'm watching the Meaning of Life... so that's it for waisting you time. :p

ET Warrior
09-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
I think the school of defense against fruit is the funniest thing.

BigTeddyPaul

I concur

BigTeddyPaul
09-15-2003, 06:26 PM
It is just the little things which are funny. Like when Lancelot charges the castle to save "The Princess" the charging lasts like 20 seconds and he just slices through the two guards who saw him coming the whole way.

Just the little things.

BigTeddyPaul

Lost Welshman
09-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Not JUST the little bits, most other bits are genious. The bit with the man collecting mud. Hillarious.

"You can't expect to weild supreme executive power because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

That bit is brilliant.

Prime
09-16-2003, 01:10 AM
I threw my Special Edition Holy Grail DVD in a few weeks ago, just to watch my favorite scenes, and I ended up watching the whole thing.

"Is there someone else up there we can talk to?"

Lost Welshman
09-16-2003, 04:39 PM
"I fart in your general Direction!"

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberry"

This probably sounds pathetic to anyone who hasn't seen it.

And who can forget the knights who say Ni! And the Black Knight! And the white rabbit! Ah, good times.

Anyhoo, "I don' wanna talk to you know more, you silly English Kuunnnnnnnigits"

Prime
09-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Lost Welshman
And who can forget the knights who say Ni! I think it is the Knights who until recently said Ni! :D

Lord Blackadder
09-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Excellent, I must admit to growing up with this organised nonsense, strangely though it's not shown on British television as often as it should be.

My fav part is the Arthurs sword fight with the Black Knight, when he's had his limbs chopped off and come's out with...

"I'll bite yer legs off!" & "Okay, we'll call it a draw"

And the bit with the witch burning where the guy pipes up with the evidense that "Mwww, she turned me in to a newt... but I got better..."

Life of Brian's good too...

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Quality... :D