PDA

View Full Version : Loom CDTV

Omer Mor
09-15-2003, 04:59 AM
Does any1 here know something about this game?
Like what kind of graphics and sound it had?
How is it compared to the many other Loom versions (PC Floppy, PC-CD Talkie, Amiga Floppy, Macintosh Floppy, FM-Towns CD, PC-Engine CD)?
The vesions I have show these specs:

PC Floppy: 16 colors, midi music
PC CD: 256 colors, cd music & speech
FM-Towns: 256 colors, cd music (no speech)
PC-Engine: 64 colors, cd music (no speech)

I guess the amiga version is 32 colors like monkey island, but i'm not sure... don't know about the mac version.

bgbennyboy
09-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Didnt I ban you from #scummvm not long ago? ::

As I said on the scummvm forums Loom CDTV is extremely rare and anyone who has it almost certainly has a pirated copy for which they will burn in some kind of gamers hell. Which probably involves a room with lots of your favourite games but also someone to pull the plug out just as you're about to win, oh and stupid invaders.

Omer Mor
09-15-2003, 10:52 AM
I know it's rare - but last time I checked it was still legal to ask for information about a game specifications. Otherwise - sites like mobygames would be closed.
Why do you insist on bringing the piracy issue to the surface?
I did ask the same question on the scummvm forum, but since there might be people here that do not read the scummvm forum, I thought it would be wise to ask it here as well.

So please people: if someone here knows some details about this rare CDTV game (you don't necesserily need to have it) - please write here.

bgbennyboy
09-15-2003, 11:55 AM
Of course its legal to ask for information but piracy is an issue because of certain people *cough* *cough*.

I too wouldnt mind knowing more about the cdtv version, but if there's any talk of warez or trading by anyone then its ban time.

ThunderPeel2001
09-16-2003, 05:45 AM
Can anyone trade me some warez?

Alien426
09-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Sure.

Drugs are bad.

Lord Savage
09-20-2003, 11:20 AM
I can't tell you anything about the CDTV version but, I do know some info about the Mac version since I own a copy of it.

Mac Floppy - 16 colors, midi music (no speech)

This version was also bundled on a CD games pack by Lucasarts and Software Toolworks (Mindscape).

There have been references in the past to a Talkie Mac version of the game on e-bay and one on-line vendor (mac-o-rama) of used games. But, I missed out on both of them so, I can't confirm it. My gut feeling is that the Mac talkie version are rumors and are bogus :confused:

Drigo Zoxx
09-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Lord Savage

There have been references in the past to a Talkie Mac version of the game on e-bay and one on-line vendor (mac-o-rama) of used games. But, I missed out on both of them so, I can't confirm it. My gut feeling is that the Mac talkie version are rumors and are bogus :confused:

Sounds interesting...

ThunderPeel2001
09-20-2003, 05:16 PM
It's possible... Just like the PC versions. Hmmm.

HenryJonesJr.
09-22-2003, 03:09 PM
WTF is LOOM CDTV,? is it the same game?

BooJaka
09-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Same game, Different platform.

I gather.

Omer Mor
09-22-2003, 07:38 PM
I checked the Amiga version of Loom and as far as I can tell it's 16 colors.
So apparently no Loom version had 32 colors...