PDA

View Full Version : Art of the Saber

Starfire13
09-15-2003, 07:16 AM
I posted this quite some time ago on the jediknightII.net forums, but thought I'd put it up again for those who haven't seen it. A must-download for Jedi fans.

http://www.theforce.net/theater/fxprojects/aos2/index.shtml

I wonder if one day we'll be able to pull moves like these in games? Oh well. I can always dream. :rolleyes:

Andy867
09-15-2003, 07:19 AM
Umm, these ARE the JKII.net Forums;) We just changed the name a little with the addition of Jedi Academy to our growing network.

Starfire13
09-15-2003, 07:27 AM
D'oh! No wonder when I tried to register it told me that the username was already taken. Hahahahahaha! Silly me. :D

Wes Janson
09-15-2003, 07:44 AM
From the name of the thread, I thought this was gonna be a reference to the MotS saber mod.

Neat stuff.

Clemme w/Stick
09-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Nothin new here.
Check out Art of the Saber 2, and be amazed. Those 2 guys can really fight, and better than some of the saber scenes in the movies. Hmm, but yes a must see for Jedi fans.

-Clemme

lonepadawan
09-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Raven based a lot of moves on AOTS 2 and are sending the Ho brothers a free copy of JA. Their currently doing Mo-cap for Galaxies.

Starfire13
09-15-2003, 11:33 AM
No wonder the "flourish" moves in JA looked so familiar. :D

BloodRiot
09-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Even if it's too medieval feeling, A Question of Faith is one of my favorite fan movies.

Too bad it's got poor video and audio quality.. but some of the fight scenes are really good. Particulary a light staff vs light staff battle. And It's got dual sabers as well way before epII ever came out.

It's a good fight scene with lot's of flashy moves without the useless twirling sense i got from Duality.

I'd recommend the following fan movies available at www.fanforce.net

* A question of Faith
* Art of the Lightsaber
* Troops (funny)
* Knight Quest
* The Empire Strikes Backyard (funny)
* Duality
* Duel
* Brains and Steel

There are many more but these are some of my favorite and in my opinion, worth watching.

lonepadawan
09-15-2003, 12:12 PM
yes! I love AQOF! I can't wait for AQOF2 (which is in production)

Kidso
09-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Anyway to make them any bigger?