PDA

View Full Version : Grave news concerning Eets *important*

Sherack Nhar
09-15-2003, 05:55 PM
I found this in Eets' weblog just now... he posted this earlier today:
To Christine, Phil, Rhett, and anyone else who cares.

My brother got hit by a car late yesterday afternoon.

He's in ICU.

I don't know how active I'll be online today. Or for the next few days, for that matter. So there you have it... that's all we know. I sure hope that his brother makes it... If I was religious I would pray for him. But in any case, I don't think that we can do much except wait for some news...

It's gonna be a long wait.

Boba Rhett
09-15-2003, 06:05 PM
If he's in the icu he must've gotten hurt pretty bad. Eets, his family and especially his brother need our thoughts/prayers right now, guys.

Bob Gnarly
09-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Get better Quick....fast! Wish you all the best Eets.

Young David
09-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
If I was religious I would pray for him

You don't have to be religious to pray for him.

Let's pray and hope that his brother will be well soon.

(p.s. what does ICUstand for?)

Snafu7
09-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Woah, I hope he gets better soon.

Boba Rhett
09-15-2003, 07:46 PM
It stands for Intensive Care Unit.

Wacky_Baccy
09-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Whoa. That's terrible :(

I really, really hope he pulls through... *wishes him well, and hopes Eets is coping okay* :(

Redwing
09-15-2003, 07:49 PM
GAH! x_x

My sister got hit by a car last year...she was in ICU but made it through alright...I'm praying for the same result with Eetsy's brother ^^;;

StormHammer
09-15-2003, 07:50 PM
I don't know Eets that well, but I'll sure say a little prayer for his brother, if it helps. This is very sad news...so Eets, we're all thinking about you at this difficult time.

Kusanavi
09-15-2003, 07:50 PM
*Does a little prayer* I don't know Eets much and I don't know his brother but still I hope he gets better...quick!

acdcfanbill
09-15-2003, 08:01 PM
my heart goes out to Eets :( hang in there buddy, and hopefully your bro will do the same.

darthfergie
09-15-2003, 08:02 PM
:\
Uncool Eets, most uncool. I'll be praying for your brother and your whole family going through this time together. Get well soon, and may the force be with you.

Crazy_dog no.3
09-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Yeah I hope it will end up OK too.

Eets
09-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all your support, guys. :)

He was returning some movies at blockbuster yesterday afternoon when some ******* turned around the corner of blockbuster going way too fast. There's kind of a blind spot there, but the bastard still could have at least stayed around instead of bolting. :\ It's strange. We just watched one of those movies with him Saturday.

He's been unconscious all day.

He went through some emergency surgery, but apparently it's still pretty early to see how it'll all turn out.

We're gonna go back to the hospital in a little while. Again, thank you so much.

Zygomaticus
09-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Was it hit-n-run? :indif:

Either way, Eets, old boy. I wish your brother all the best and I hope all goes well for you and him and the rest.

My thoughts with you :)

another_trooper
09-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Sad
I got hit by a car once, course it wasnt very serious and it wasnt the other guys fault (nor mine, my brakes (on my bike) decided not to work)

Sry man.

legameboy
09-16-2003, 01:43 AM
Oh my! :eek:

My prayers are with you, Eets' brother, and Eets. I hope he pulls through ok. :(

edlib
09-16-2003, 01:47 AM
My prayers, as well as my sincerest and best wishes for your brother for a full recovery, and peace of mind for you and your family.

Hang in there man. We're here for you.

Ed

Billy Shears
09-16-2003, 09:41 AM
That really sucks. :(

Hope he gets better soon.

Havoc Stryphe
09-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Eets, your brother as well as you and the rest of your family are, and will be, in my thoughts and prayers. I can only imagine what your family is going through, but rest assured we shall be here for you if ever you need us.

Darth Homer
09-17-2003, 03:01 AM
Eets, I wish your brother a speedy recovery and you and all your family will be in my thoughts & prayers (sorry, Havoc, but it's what I wanted to say too).

As for the person who hit him...how could you do that & then just drive off? How heartless could you be? :mad: People like this disgust me. If ya need help hunting them down, I'm there, Eets.

jediduo
09-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Eets, I go to a Christian college, and I have my entire dorm unit praying for your brother. Just rest in the fact that you have a whole bunch of people pulling for you.

GUNNER
09-17-2003, 06:22 AM
We're praying for ya here to for you and your bro.:(

WolfmanNCSU
09-17-2003, 12:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Eets. I pray for a speedy recovery.

Its wonderful to know that this forum community has pulled together to send prays and thoughts to a member in his time of need. What a classy group of people.

Sivy
09-17-2003, 01:15 PM
thats awful :(
i hope he gets better soon and they find the guy who hit him.

Eets
09-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Well gentlemen.. It seems your prayers and thoughts have paid off!

My brother woke up late last night, in tons of pain even though he's on medication.

He's still all bruised up and has a few broken bones, but the docs say that he should make it with some healing and some help through meds. They're gonna keep him in the hospital for at least a week, seeing as he's still not recovered, but it looks like he's gonna make it!

Sherack Nhar
09-17-2003, 09:03 PM
WOOHOO! It's time to party :D

Cheers! :cheers:

Boba Rhett
09-17-2003, 09:14 PM
This is great news! I couldn't be more happy for him and your family unless the perpetrator was somehow violated many many times by a family of circus bears over a holiday weekend before being thrown in the slammer with a man who likes to cuddle.

Havoc Stryphe
09-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Most excellent news! We shall continue to pray for a speedy and painless recovery, as well as for the person who commited this atrocity to be brought to justice.

Niwid
09-17-2003, 11:48 PM
Wow....I am now getting my entire youth group to pray for your brother....yet this is good news, I only hope that justice will prevail and this evildoer be brought to justice. May he have a speedy recovery and become fully able to use every part of his body.

Clefo
09-18-2003, 03:05 AM
I probably should have commented on this earlier, I had a really nice thought out message, but then the stupid thing deleted it! Argh!

I'm glad your bro is okay Eetsy. I had an Uncle involved in an accident some time ago that wasn't so lucky.

The jist of my before-deleted post was this: It pisses me off that drivers nowadays seem to think that they're Michael ****ing Schumacher and that they're immaculate on all thing's driving. This is why I take the bus.

WolfmanNCSU
09-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Glad to hear the good news. I wish your brother a speedy recovery.

Crazy_dog no.3
09-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Yay! :)

jediduo
09-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Yes!!!!!! And Rhett, that was hilarious and true. I tried to think of another "I couldn't be happier unless..." but I couldn't think of one good enough to top yours. Anyway, congrats Eets.

another_trooper
09-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Excellent !
Thats the first good news of the day for me and its 8:20 pm. . .

JediMasterEd
09-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your brother Eets, but it's great to hear that he's conscious again. I hope he feels better soon.