PDA

View Full Version : model scaling?


Imperial_thug
09-16-2003, 06:52 AM
I remember reading in an interview that JA will have model scaling. So does that mean that when the full game is released you could put like say....the Yoda model in the game, and it will be the correct size without having to use a mod like JediMod?

Schattenelb
09-16-2003, 10:13 AM
The term "model scaling" as far as i know is refering to the "modelscale_vec xyz" entity command to scale map_models in the GTK radiant editor. But i doubt that Raven has used GTK so im maybe wrong.

WhiteShdw
09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Imperial_thug
I remember reading in an interview that JA will have model scaling. So does that mean that when the full game is released you could put like say....the Yoda model in the game, and it will be the correct size without having to use a mod like JediMod?

Scaling models in SP has always been possible, but not in MP. And Raven didn't put it in JA MP this time either. They feel it screws up MP balance. So you'll have to use a mod for it again.

aXoe
09-16-2003, 12:28 PM
There will be model scaling for sure. they said somewhere that you could make yoda model or jawa (just spawn the jawa and youll see his size in the demo) just by skinning them and not by using a third party source. Aka you dont have to use a mod to get Yoda at his proper size, green freak :yoda: . I would hate to play against him (if the other player was good)

Prime
09-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by aXoe
There will be model scaling for sure. they said somewhere that you could make yoda model or jawa (just spawn the jawa and youll see his size in the demo) just by skinning them and not by using a third party source. Aka you dont have to use a mod to get Yoda at his proper size, green freak :yoda: . I would hate to play against him (if the other player was good) As WhiteShdw has already said, you will only be able to scale characters in SP, not MP. This is because of the reason you state, that a yoda-sized player would have an advantage. Things will be exactly the same as they are in JO as far as character size is concerned...

blah2k
09-17-2003, 03:36 AM
It is too bad they didn't leave it as a server option, so for fun public games people would be allowed to Scale, then when a match comes up it can be disabled.

Wudan
09-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Uh oh sounds like it's time for a KickA$$FixTheRavenBugsMod.

CortoCG
09-18-2003, 01:50 PM
You ppl cry too much about nothing. If Yoda gets an advantage bcuz of it's size, then all play as Yoda!!! Then you'll all get bored of him and start playing with normal size players.
The problem is, you ppl prefer to play with a good looking well sized, tight ass model like IB's Kyle Katarn or a badass looking guy like Darth Maul, and cry bcuz an ugly downsized midget like Yoda is beating your asses out.
I play mostly with Lando cuz he is the most chicane/southamerican looking model around =).
And, why nobody plays with Gaylak Fyyar? Cuz he's gay, and nobody feels like playing with a gay character. Even if some of you were gay.

KaiaSowapit
09-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by CortoCG
...nobody feels like playing with a gay character

Then explain to me all those fruit-flavored Reborns I keep seeing spring up on my server. :P

Psyk0Sith
09-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
Then explain to me all those fruit-flavored Reborns I keep seeing spring up on my server. :P

HAhahha lmao!

CortoCG
09-20-2003, 08:24 PM
I got something to confess... that was me, LOL.