PDA

View Full Version : MAX_PATCH_PLANES JKRadiant

Darth T Bone
09-16-2003, 03:42 PM
I just threw down a simple patch mesh (17x17) and after manipulating the mesh (and then compiling) I get into the game and the error "max_patch_planes" blocks the launch of the level. I've only got one patch mesh down (I've got a simple room with just THIS mesh) so what's up?

Thank you for helping me!
terry@perkwerx.com (DARTH TBONE)

Darth T Bone
09-23-2003, 04:20 AM
Attention Rich D:
If someone can ask RD to look at the above question and answer me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Having said THAT, if ANYONE knows how to avoid the MAX_PATCH_PLANES error, and were to pass it on to me, I'd appreciate that too!

T

GothiX
09-23-2003, 07:17 AM
Delete the patch, then remake it. Oh, and if you're using JK2Radiant, get GTK. It's better.

Darth Kaan
09-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by gothicX
Delete the patch, then remake it. Oh, and if you're using JK2Radiant, get GTK. It's better.

That's hardly a solution but more of a shot in the dark.

Lil Killa
09-25-2003, 02:35 AM
The solution is to not use that big of a patch.

The biggest patch i would recoment ussing is a 9x9. Last time I used a 13x13 the patch was deformed and when I tryed ussing a 17x17 I got the same error your geting. The patches are just too big and besides I don't see why you would need such a big patch :/

Darth Kaan
09-27-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
The solution is to not use that big of a patch.

The biggest patch i would recoment ussing is a 9x9. Lat time I used a 13x13 the patch was deformed and when i tryed ussing a 17x17 i got the same error your geting. The patches are just too big and besides I don't see why you would need auch a big patch :/

Now that was an informative answer.

:-)

GothiX
09-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Why I gave my answer was the following: This is often caused by resizing after vertex manipulation. And that usually happens when you're just messing with it a bit. If you already know what it becomes, you don't have to resize/mess that much.

Darth T Bone
09-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the comments.
GothicX: I now understand what you mean (about the delete) and you're right.
Thanks to all!
T