PDA

View Full Version : Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kurgan
09-17-2003, 04:33 PM
In the tradition of this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110593 (for the DEMO version), please post all your cheats, console commands, etc. for the FULL (LEGAL, RETAIL) VERSION of JA!

Remember, this thread by very nature will contain spoilers.

Please don't post tech support requests, just cheats that work! No warez/beta posts will be tolerated.

I started this thread because DEMO users may not wish to be spoiled by the full version yet (if so, go see the Demo thread instead of this one).

Plus some cheats that worked in the Demo might not work in the Full and vice versa. But go ahead and read the other thread and test those out and find out which ones work here.

Let's go! (my copy of the game should arrive later today, so I'll join it when I have time)

Chuahtemoc
09-17-2003, 06:35 PM
good idea kurg, but im angry. i wont be able to go to te store to get JA till the freakin weekend.

Prime
09-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Chuahtemoc
good idea kurg, but im angry. i wont be able to go to te store to get JA till the freakin weekend. I laugh at you.

Just kidding :D

I'll test out some of the cheats tonight...

Darkseed
09-17-2003, 09:23 PM
After looking through the pak3-files and fiddling around in singleplayer for a bit I found out how and what kinds of vehicles you can spawn, and yes...there ARE ships! :)

These cheats are for singleplayer, there is a way to spawn vehicles in multiplayer too but I'm not sure how.

Use this command to spawn vehicles: npc spawn vehicle x
where x is the particular vehicle you're trying to spawn

And these are the commands for the vehicles I've found so far:

tie-fighter
tie-bomber
x-wing
z-95
lambdashuttle
atst_vehicle
tauntaun
swoop
wampa_vehicle
rancor_vehicle <--- feel like riding a rancor anyone?

There are some more vehicles but these are the only ones i've found to be working so far, there is a yt-1300 in the game but unfortunately you can't spawn it for some reason.

When spawning some of the bigger vehicles it might seem like nothing have happened at first, then just step back a little and the vehicle should appear. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to actually get these vehicles to fire yet, even the atst which definately has working weapons doesn't have any when you spawn it this way. If anyone figures out how to do it feel free to share it with the rest of us.

Kurgan
09-18-2003, 07:54 AM
If you can spawn vehicles into MP, it would be if cheats were enabled (devmap <mapname>).

Anyway, here's anothere NPC spawn list (to add to what was posted for the demo (and yes, many of these are from JK2!) which of course you can also use with the PlayerModel command for the ultimate in variety in your single player experience:

Reborn (classic JK2 reborn)
Rebornboss
Rebornforceuser (untextured)
Rebornacrobat (untextured)
Rebornfencer (untextured)
Monmothma
Snowtrooper
Stormpilot (TIE Pilot)
Impofficer (brown)
Impcommander (black)
Imperial (gray)
Prisoner
Prisoner2 (untextured)
Noghri
Tusken
Ugnaught
Ugnaught2
Impworker
Impworker2
Impworker3
Luke (he's textured this time, hooray!)
Jan
Jedif (different outfit from JK2, she has three sabers!)
Jedi
Jedi2
Jeditrainer (some guys from Luke's Academy)
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper2
Swamptrooper
Swamptrooper2
Desann (complete with his big spikey saber hilt)
Morgankatarn
Stofficer (with paudlon)
Stcommander (see above)
Shadowtrooper
Shadowtrooper2
Lando (wooohooo!!)
Reelo
Rebel
Rebel2
Galak (you can try Galak_mech but all it does is increase your view height, and give you the default model)
Tavion
Hazardtrooper (animations are kind of goofed up)
gonk (gonk!)
R2D2_imp (it's the black/orange version of Artoo)
Probe (probe droid, sorry, he doesn't fly)
Rancor (glitchy, try messing with the third person camera, he can't seem to move around properly)

I forgot to check and see if the RebornRodian/RebornTrandoshan/RebornWeequay were textured or not in the full, and I also didn't know the command for any of the game villians or secret monsters that I haven't met yet (I'm only on the fourth SP mission, playing them in order).

Do NOT type "seeker" or "mouse" or "rosh" as seem to crash the game.

Note, if you type in the name of somebody who isn't in the game (or misspell) it will default to Stormtrooper. And since this is the full version it actually will default to Stormtrooper instead of crashing like the demo!

Try this to get the stun baton:

bind <key1> give weaponnum 17
bind <key2> weapon 17

hit <key1>, then <key2> and you'll have the JK2 stun baton!

Not a cheat, but:
Also, I tried out the Mercenary 2 Pack (a graphical replacement for Kyle & Jan) and it works (for spawning him and for him in the cutscenes in SP). Much better than his Bantha Herder outfit. ; )

Kurgan
09-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe
A few cheats for JA Full Version :)

/npc spawn vehicle wampa_vehicle
/npc spawn vehicle rancor_vehicle
/npc spawn vehicle atst_vehicle
/npc spawn vehicle swoop
/npc spawn vehicle swoop_mp
/npc spawn vehicle swoop_mp2
/npc spawn vehicle tie-bomber
/npc spawn vehicle tie-fighter
/npc spawn vehicle lambdashuttle
/npc spawn vehicle x-wing
/npc spawn vehicle z-95
/saber sith_sword
For the ships, press space to go up and theres a primary and secondary fire for each one. I hope no one else posted this yet :P.

Took your post out of the Demo cheats section, since it was posted in the wrong spot (tsk, tsk) but thanks!

ASk
09-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Warning. The below link may be classified as spoiler material.
Also, kids below the age of 13 should not open this shot without parental permission.

I was fooling around with .sab files. This effect is...well...disturbing

Look'ma what I got! (http://www.darklordsofsith.com/ask/shot0000.jpg)

Javva the Hutt
09-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Sick but funny, ASk!

Kurgan
09-18-2003, 03:53 PM
No comment.

Wheelchairboy
09-18-2003, 04:13 PM
I know that in the demo when you use the playermodel modelname cheat that your new character model would not show up in the cutscenes.

Has anyone tried this with the full version to see if the same thing happens?

just wondering

Kurgan
09-18-2003, 04:27 PM
I don't think it does either I'm afraid. Though I should try it just to be certain. ; )

The way to get your character to show up in the cutscene would be to replace the model or somehow edit the character selection process to show your new skin.

Darth Stryke
09-18-2003, 07:23 PM
The saberrealstic thingy is still write-protected, and something else interesting. The code to pick up dropped sabers from the demo no longer works in the final. :( Also, the jetpack does not work as a vehicle so only the people in the game (npcs) who have them can use them. (Not mentioning any, but one of them will kick your @$$ when you fight them) But, that should be easy to fix via a mod. And also, to those people who don't like the game-I am sorry for you all because I love it!

Wes Janson
09-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Also, I tried out the Mercenary 2 Pack (a graphical replacement for Kyle & Jan) and it works (for spawning him and for him in the cutscenes in SP). Much better than his Bantha Herder outfit. ; )

I'm still pissed to hell that jediknightii.net didn't publish my merc skins... Grrrr....... I know, I know. I shouldn't hold grudges. But still.

Yes, it's cool that they're compatable. Merc Kyle beats the hearding stick off of Bantha Kyle.

'-p

Darth-Ra
09-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Also the playermodel code works the same list as that of the npcs (I.E. npc spawn list). I noticed something funny when you type "playermodel atst_vehicle" try it and look at the message that pops up
http://members.fortunecity.com/doomra/ja.gif
Also anyone interested in using other models not included in the game such as models from JK2, be sure to create an npc file for it so as to be able to use playermodel with it, it still won't appear in the cutscenes though and will default back to the player model on the start of a new level...

MuRaSaMuNe
09-19-2003, 01:27 AM
There's also a jawa skin in multi, just go /model jawa and you're a very large jawa :eek: .

Happypills
09-19-2003, 01:53 AM
type map t2_trip in the multiplayer console and you get the swoopbike mission in multi.
the only problem is the swoopbikes dont have textures and it causees alot of lag cause of missing textures
i want multiplayer vehicles and co-op!!!!!
also type map hoth2 for a multiplayer co-op mission with tontons and stormtroopers only problem is it crashes when you get to a certain point with multiple players with you.(that and some trigers switches buttons are missing)
well now i know Co-op is possible its going to take mappers to make some co-op maps.
type dir map and you get the full list

Kurgan
09-19-2003, 06:51 AM
Daggnabbit! Okay, I admit here and now I was wrong about the classic JK2 flip kicks (unless I'm missing something).

When I heard the g_debugmelee 1 command worked in MP I assumed it was the same as SP.

But, apparently it only does the following:

-Allows melee mode (for non Jedi classes in Siege or Jedi with no Force Points assigned to Saber Attack) to Kick with secondary fire (identical to the Staff version).

-Allows Melee or Saberists to "stick" to the wall forever, so long as they hold the key (unlike in SP they can't attack while sticking).

-Allows melee mode to do the grapples (no punching sound unfortunately just like in SP).

So if classic JK2 flip kicks are in there, we'll have to just keep looking (or maybe mod them in).

Other NPC spawns/Playermodel's:

bespincop
Reborntrandoshan (textured!)
Rebornweequay (textured!)
Rebornrodian (textured!)

Another vehicle spawn for you:

Wildtauntaun (no saddle)

I discovered that ridable vehicles (swoop bike, taun tauns) only allow you to use the ST Rifle or the Lightsaber while riding (haven't tested Saberstaff or Dual Sabers) and no force powers.

You can cycle between those weapons (if you have them) while on board.

If you are in "Melee Mode" when you hop onto a Speeder, you will fire its guns! So it is in there after all... ; )

The Swoop bike was untexted though when I spawned it into the game using cheats.

Sadly, I can't get any bots into Siege mode. If you load the map with cheats (devmap <mapname>), it turns into an FFA map.
:P

Oh btw, Dismemberment works great in MP. I forgot to check my settings, but I was seeing bodies cut in half, heads cut off, hands, the whole nine yards, about 9 out of every 10 saber kills. ; )

I noticed that ragdoll physics aren't turned on by default in MP. Now to find the command to turn them back on...

Kurgan
09-19-2003, 06:58 AM
I also thought it was very interesting how they did the inventory in JA.

Instead of making it something anybody could use, they made it basically a non-Jedi thing, to substitute for Force Powers in Siege mode.

Interesting, although a bit dissapointing. It'll take some getting used to.

You can cheat to give yourself everything by enabling cheats (Devmap <mapname>) and typing \giveall.

You can test out the cloaking device, jetpack, EWEB (deploy it and fire in third person only, "use" the item again to turn it off), seeker remote (doesn't seem to fire at spawned npc's in MP with cheats), Sentry Gun, Bacta, and BIG Bacta (!). Plus you can use the stun baton again!

OOooh, it's going to be so tempting not to play with cheats on, when we can have Taun Taun jousts or X-Wing/TIE Fighter dog fights. Somebody needs to make some maps with these options already in there and plenty of room...!

Btw Wes Janson if you submit your files to LucasFiles.com I'm sure they will get posted.

Yeah, the only problem with the mod is that in the "stills" as a level is loading Kyle has his tan shirt again. I just picture him saying (in his gruff voice) "Hang on a minute Luke, I gotta quick change into my Jedi clothes."

barresm
09-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Can someone post the commands to give you the different weapons, and the commands to give you forcepowers you dont have as well as bumping up the ones you do.

Happypills
09-19-2003, 03:20 PM
post by Kergan
discovered that ridable vehicles (swoop bike, taun tauns) only allow you to use the ST Rifle or the Lightsaber while riding (haven't tested Saberstaff or Dual Sabers) and no force powers.

The Swoop bike was untexted though when I spawned it into the game using cheats.
how about the multiplayer spawn cheats how are they done you can realy have one up on me if you realy know how.
I have not seen one person give or tell the spawn command for multiplayer i can tell you its not (devmap)npc spawn vehicle
so what is it i seen people spawn stuff in Jedi outcast multiplayer and nobodys talking its like you have to be elete or something to know the stupied command .

Kurgan
09-19-2003, 05:39 PM
more cheats tested:

NPC Spawn/playermodel

bespincop2
alora
rosh_penin
wampa (kinda buggy, but cool)

Plenty more to try that I haven't tested fully.

I had a sad experience last night... I was up to Tier 2 in SP but when I came back later and loaded up, my saved games for the past couple of missions were completely gone (not even in the saves directory).

So thanks to the cheats I was able to get back exactly where I left off (the only thing I lacked was ammo).

The only trouble was the saber stances (I had medium and fast) but I did playermodel alora and got them (then used playermodel player and snd "jaden_femle" to get my character's voice back), then SetForceXXX and gave myself the proper force. Then I gave weapons (but lacked ammo). Finally I had to type "playerteam player" and "npcteam player" so that enemies would attack me and be killable again (if you playermodel into an enemy you're treated as one even if you switch to player this isn't reset without the command).

Somebody correct me if any of these are wrong:

0-3 are the regular settings, but you can give yourself higher levels for increased abilities.

setforcegrip X
setforcemindtrick X
setforceabsorb X
setforceheal X
setforcesight X
setforcespeed X
setforceprotect X
setforcelightning X
setforcedrain X
setforcerage X
setforcepull X
setforcepush X
setsaberdefense X
setsaberoffense X (doesn't seem to give you new stances)
setsaberthrow X

Setforceall X

Gives you everything, but it goofs up your stances (gives you six, three are AI based stances). The only other way I've found to get new stances is to playermodel into a character that has them ("jedi" and "jedi2" have all three normal stances, "jeditrainer" has dual sabers, various reborns/cultists have the saberstaff, "alora" has fast and medium, "rosh_penin" has strong only).

For weapons (again, correct me if I missed any):

Use giveweaponnum XX to put the weapon in your inventory, weapon XX to switch to it. Note that giving yourself the gun doesn't give you any extra ammo.

weapon (nothing, weapons "holstered")
weapon 1 (lightsaber?)
weapon 2 (BlasTech)
weapon 3 (ST Rifle)
weapon 4 (Bowcastor)
weapon 5 (DEMP2?)
weapon 6 (Heavy Repeater?)
weapon 7 (Flechette?)
weapon 8 (Merr Sonn?)
weapon 9 (Concussion)
weapon 10 (Det Pack)
weapon 11 (Trip Mine)
weapon 12 (Thermal Detonator)
weapon 13 (??)
weapon 14 (Fists: "Melee")
weapon 15 (ATST main gun, no model)
weapon 16 (ATST side gun? buggier)
weapon 17 (Stun Baton)

To fill up your various inventories:

give batteries (only for the "zoom" command)
give ammo (all ammo for all weapons full, guess I should have used this!)
give force (full mana)
give armor (full shields)
give health (full health)
give ammo_force (full mana + temporary stock of "extra" mana points, 25 points per use.. basically the force crystal with no icon)

map <mapname>
(warp ahead to the map if you know the name of it, check the console for the name of the current map, saved games also display the name)

Kurgan
09-19-2003, 07:06 PM
More cheats (yes!)

Note, there are ***MAJOR SPOILERS*** ahead... so be warned!

(new npc spawns/playermodel's)
saboteur
rocketrooper (with paudlon)
rockettrooper2 (very different, but buggy)
prisoner2 (untextured)
tavion_new
rax
assassin_droid
ragnos
boba_fett
mutant_rancor
interrogator
sentry
bartender (chiss)
impworker2
impworker3 (sorry, forgot if I posted these or not already)
howler (buggy)
saber_droid

New Hilt Found!

Type saber desann and you not only get Desann's big spikey hilt, but also an EXTRA LONG SABER. Try saber desann desann to give yourself two huge wicked blades! Can also be combined with the staff for the three sabers trick (but it puts even the staff to shame) or a normal saber.

And a good point was made about the multiplayer models. All of these I've been posting so far are for SP. But we should get a list together of hidden MP models (like the large Jawa that was mentioned).

Great work everyone!

Elliot334
09-19-2003, 10:20 PM
**SPOILERS**

Sith Sword
---------------------------------------------
enable cheats then key

saber sith_sword

into the console and you should get the sword used by possesed Tavion. Works with all stances, and can be used as one of two sabers.

More Emotes
type these commands in console to activate emote:

taunt
flourish
gloat

and, brace yourself for this one....
" bow "

Kurgan
09-20-2003, 12:43 AM
Yeah the emotes only work in Duel mode (possibly in Lightsaber Challenges too, but I haven't tested since I can't play online yet).

Some MP "secret skins" (kudos to the above person who mentioned the Jawa one btw):

Use the \Model <name> command for these:

Jawa (tall Jawa)
Imperial/Officer (Brown)
Imperial/Commander (Black)

I notice you can add /Officer or /Commander to any skin, but all it does is make their face picture disappear. You can choose a color of a model by adding /Red or /Blue to it (even in non-team games).

You can actually type in the model names of NPC's and stuff, but you'll just end up with no face picture and Kyle Katarn and sometimes a different taunt.

Wes Janson
09-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Well, I appreciate the sentiment, Kurgan. But those skins are sooooooooooo old -- almost a week or two after the release of JO. Not sure if anyone will appreciate them anymore. Not sure if I should even bother at this point.

But for the record, my favorite cheat so far is:

"g_corpseRemovalTime 0"

So whenever I kill someone, they stay there -- perminently. So on the first Tatooine level when Kyle asks if he missed something, it makes more sense when there are actual bodies laying around instead of one artificial one (for the cutscene).

Plus, it also helps in the more complicated levels. "Have I been here before? Oh yeah, there's the dead guards."

The game doesn't render them unless they're viewed, so it's managable (plus I've got a ton of RAM). But if the body count gets higher than fifteen or twenty at once on the screen, then I start suffering some frame rate drops.

But it's all worth it in the end...

samiam9
09-20-2003, 03:05 AM
discovered that ridable vehicles (swoop bike, taun tauns) only allow you to use the ST Rifle or the Lightsaber while riding (haven't tested Saberstaff or Dual Sabers) and no force powers.

Did the swoop bikes mission w/ the saber staff earlier--looks wicked as all get-out. :)

Haven't tried dual 'cause I've been havin so much fun with the staff. :)

MuRaSaMuNe
09-20-2003, 03:12 AM
If you want a quick list of npc's/vehicle just bring down the console and type /dir ext_data (I implemented the /dir maps that a person posted earlier into this ;))

Kurgan
09-20-2003, 04:53 AM
More cheats (thanks for that command btw!):

Npc spawns/playermodels updated from the demo version:

Rebornboss (textured!)
Rebornforceuser (textured!)
Rebornacrobat (textured!)
Rebornfencer (textured!)
Reborn (works!)

Wes:
Well, I appreciate the sentiment, Kurgan. But those skins are sooooooooooo old -- almost a week or two after the release of JO. Not sure if anyone will appreciate them anymore. Not sure if I should even bother at this point.

Don't sell yourself short man.. they are perfectly fine looking skins, and a welcome change from Kyle's bland outfit.

Submit 'em, I dare ya... ; )

I mean who couldn't like something like this?

Scoundrel
09-20-2003, 06:31 AM
Anyone know how to get g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers 1 working?

Avitor
09-20-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Wes Janson
I'm still pissed to hell that jediknightii.net didn't publish my merc skins... Grrrr....... I know, I know. I shouldn't hold grudges. But still.
http://forums.xwlegacy.net/images/avatars/414.gif
Wes? Small world...

Any way, I have been trying not to cheat my first time through the game, but I have slipped a couple of times. I only had a little time before I had to go to class when I was playing the Dreadnaught mission so playermodel impcommander got me where I needed to be quickly enough to finish the mission before class. :)

The one problem was that changing my playermodel to the impcommander changed my playerteam to enemy automatically. While I could move unpursued through the Imp ship, I couldn't hurt any bad guys, no matter how much ammo I wasted, and they wouldn't hurt me. However, changing my playermodel to player did not change my playerteam to player automatically, so to end the mission I had to use the playerteam player code. (Possible playerteams are player, enemy, and neutral)

It should be mentioned that switching to Luke and back with the playermodel code (see below) gives you 200 force level but takes away any dark side powers you had.
playermodel luke[Enter]
playermodel player[Enter]

Not worth it to switch to Luke when you've got give force.:)

Avitor
09-20-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Elliot334
More Emotes
type these commands in console to activate emote:

taunt
flourish
gloat

and, brace yourself for this one....
" bow " [/B]
Don't forget meditate.

BMA77
09-20-2003, 08:33 AM
did anyone figure out the g_SaberMoreRealistic? its really the only cheat i use. i cant stand a light saber that might as well be a long piece of foam.

Kurgan
09-20-2003, 09:38 AM
Another MP skin I found:

/Model stormtrooper/officer

You get the orange Paudlon!

Here's the Dismemberment thing (reposted from the other thread):

Hey guys, check this out, here's an alternate method to getting dismemberment (SP) to work in the full version.

Okay, first find the jasp.exe and create a shortcut to it on your desktop.

Now right click on the shortcut and click on properties. Now in the box it should look something like this:

Target: C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jasp.exe

(it'll be different, but you see that it points to the directory where your game is installed)

Now edit the line and make it look like this:

C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jasp.exe +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Then hit apply/okay and you're set.

Now here is what it does:

The "devmapall" part turns on cheats (and clears the cache to save memory).

g_sabermorerealistic is write protected, but if you run it from the command line the game will just set it to that value at the beginning.

The "load quick" part will load whatever game you have saved in your QuickSave slot. In fact, it will launch the game directly from the shortcut (you won't have to watch the intro screens or wait for the menu to pop up). So just use your QuickSave (mine is F7, but whatever your's is) and take a spot where you want to begin with dismemberment on.

Now as to the value you put for sabermorerealistic:

g_sabermorerealistic 1 seems to (I'm guessing) just be increased damage (but dismemberment is very very rare).

g_sabermorerealistic 2 is full dismemberment (with almost every hit). But idle saber does no damage to NPC's.

g_sabermorerealistic 3 is the "idle saber cuts you up into teeny tiny bits" mode which is more like the classic "saberrealisticcombat" from JK2.

For MP, just put these lines into your mp cfg file:

seta g_dismember "100"
seta cg_dismember "3"

Thus every every saber kill will result in some form of dismemberment (heads, torsos, legs, etc). I was just playing with some bots and saberdamagescale 3, needless to say it was quite sadistic!

Darkseed
09-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Doesn't seem like anyone here knows how to spawn vehicles in mp yet?

Well I've found out how to do it, first enable cheats by typing devmap x where x is the map you want. Then make sure that g_allownpc is set to 1 and then you can spawn any of the vehicles by using the same command as in sp but you MUST type cmd before the command for it to work, otherwise the command will just be a chatmessage. Here's an example:

cmd npc spawn vehicle tie-fighter

There you go! Your own shiny Tie-Fighter with which to shoot your enemies to smithereens with. Have fun!

Damar Stiehl
09-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Kurgann, thanks for posting these - I was looking for them... Question: why do you turn on realistic saber twice in the command prompt? Also, if I don't use the quickload option, will it still work?

Thanks!

Shaggy1984
09-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Has anyone figured out how to get the dual pistols like the cultist commando, or boba fett's flame thrower?

The_Cheese
09-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Is there a way I can make the game automatically activate devmapall when I start up? I remember something called autoinit or something.

BS87
09-20-2003, 03:23 PM
More cheats (thanks for that command btw!):
Rebornboss (textured!)
Rebornforceuser (textured!)
Rebornacrobat (textured!)
Rebornfencer (textured!)
Reborn (works!)

Any idea if these work in mp?? i know rebornboss does.

Crow_Nest
09-20-2003, 03:37 PM
The sith sword was cool!:cool:

Kurgan
09-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I should clarify.. all the Reborn skins should work in mp.

Try:

\Model Reborn\boss

(like that, for each one)

That is how you get alternate versions of each skin, just put the slash and whatever the sub name is.

As to the vehicles, yes, those rock, there's a full list somewhere... I haven't tested them all, but I know they exist (in MP you can only use them if cheats are enabled on the server).

Kurgan, thanks for posting these - I was looking for them... Question: why do you turn on realistic saber twice in the command prompt? Also, if I don't use the quickload option, will it still work?

I entered it twice because the write protect is nasty and likes to try to overwrite the command. The second time might not be necessary though, so maybe only use the first one if you want and see if it still works. Type g_sabermorerealistic (with no number) in the console to see if it's set properly after you load up.

As to the Dual Blasters with the CultistCommand, about the only way I know (short of editing) is this:

Npc spawn Cultistcommando <name>
Control <name>

That lets you take control of his body and use his weapons permanently (until he or your other body dies).

Hit Control player to get back into your old body.

so an example of the above would be:

Npc spawn Cultistcommando bot
Control bot

Presto!

To make devmap all appear when you load up, just edit your SP shortcut with the target text and make sure +devmapall is in there. If you can enter cheats in the game right away without having to type in devmapall then you're set.

Kurgan
09-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Note on dismemberment:

Originally posted by Ostra
hey Kurgan, thanks but i had to change it for me.

In target (on win XP at least) you need quotes in the actual location to load the jasp.exe

so for me it needed to look like.

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

otherwise without the quotes it wouldnt even let me save it again.

|GG|Carl
09-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Kurgan, why don't you make this thread "stuck" in the top of the JA forum?

Shiro_Kishi
09-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Does the 3 saber trick still work in the full version? If so how do you activate it?

Kurgan
09-20-2003, 10:07 PM
I could, but I better not hear anybody complain that there are "too many stickies." ; )

BS87
09-20-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I should clarify.. all the Reborn skins should work in mp.

Hmm, thats odd. earlier for me, only boss worked. othewise it would give me the normal orange reborn. I'll try later tonight and post my results.

garak88
09-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Hey does anyone know the name of the stormtroopers with the jetpacks which appear in a few of the later levels like Vjun? I can't seem to find the npc file for some reason.

BS87
09-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Well, in mp i can only get reborn/boss to work. anything else gives me the normal orange reborn.

NVShacker
09-21-2003, 12:54 AM
Figure I'd do ya'll a favor. Here are three config files that give lists of weapons, npcs and sabers that you can use ingame. Let me know if I need to fix anything.

;)

npc_list.cfg

echo alora
echo assassin_droid
echo atst
echo atst_vehicle
echo bartender
echo bespincop
echo bespincop2
echo boba_fett
echo chewie
echo cultist
echo cultistcommando
echo cultist_destroyer
echo cultist_drain
echo cultist_grip
echo cultist_lightning
echo cultist_saber
echo cultist_saber_powers
echo desann
echo elder
echo galak
echo galak_mech
echo glider
echo gonk
echo gran
echo gran2
echo granboxer
echo granshooter
echo hazardtrooper
echo howler
echo human_merc
echo impcommander
echo imperial
echo impofficer
echo impworker
echo impworker2
echo impworker3
echo interrogator
echo jan
echo jawa
echo jedi
echo jedi2
echo jedif
echo jedimaster
echo jeditrainer
echo jedi_hm
echo jedi_random
echo jedi_tf
echo kyle
echo lambdashuttle
echo lando
echo luke
echo mark1
echo mark2
echo merchant
echo minemonster
echo monmothma
echo morgankatarn
echo mouse
echo noghri
echo nulldriver
echo player
echo prisoner
echo probe
echo protocol
echo protocol_imp
echo r2d2
echo r2d2_imp
echo r5d2
echo r5d2_imp
echo ragnos
echo rancor
echo rancor_vehicle
echo rax
echo rebel
echo rebel2
echo reborn
echo rebornacrobat
echo rebornboss
echo rebornchiss
echo rebornfencer
echo rebornforceuser
echo rebornrodian
echo reborntrandoshan
echo rebornweequay
echo reborn_dual
echo reborn_new
echo reborn_staff
echo reborn_twin
echo reelo
echo remote
echo rockettrooper
echo rockettrooper2
echo rockettrooper2officer
echo rockettrooper_w
echo rocks
echo rodian
echo rodian2
echo rosh_penin
echo saber_droid
echo saboteur
echo saboteurpistol
echo saboteursniper
echo sand_creature
echo seeker
echo sentry
echo shadowtrooper
echo shadowtrooper2
echo snowtrooper
echo stcommander
echo stofficer
echo stofficeralt
echo stormpilot
echo stormtrooper
echo stormtrooper2
echo swamptrooper
echo swamptrooper2
echo swoop
echo tauntaun
echo tavion
echo tavion_new
echo tavion_new_dark
echo test
echo tie-bomber
echo tie-bomber2
echo tie-fighter
echo trandoshan
echo tusken
echo tuskensniper
echo ugnaught
echo ugnaught2
echo wampa
echo wampa_vehicle
echo weequay
echo weequay2
echo weequay3
echo weequay4
echo wildtauntaun
echo x-wing
echo yt-1300

weapon_list.cfg

echo WP_SCEPTER
echo WP_TUSKEN_STAFF
echo WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE
echo WP_JAWA
echo WP_TURRET
echo WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
echo WP_RAPID_FIRE_CONC
echo WP_TIE_FIGHTER
echo WP_ATST_SIDE
echo WP_ATST_MAIN
echo WP_MELEE
echo WP_BOT_LASER
echo WP_EMPLACED_GUN
echo WP_DET_PACK
echo WP_TRIP_MINE
echo WP_THERMAL
echo WP_CONCUSSION
echo WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER
echo WP_FLECHETTE
echo WP_DEMP2
echo WP_REPEATER
echo WP_BOWCASTER
echo WP_DISRUPTOR
echo WP_BLASTER
echo WP_BRYAR_PISTOL
echo WP_SABER
echo WP_STUN_BATON
echo WP_NULL

saber_list.cfg

Echo dual_1
Echo dual_2
Echo dual_3
Echo dual_4
Echo dual_5
Echo empty
Echo single_1
Echo single_2
Echo single_3
Echo single_4
Echo single_5
Echo single_6
Echo single_7
Echo single_8
Echo single_9
Echo sith_sword
Echo Kyle
Echo Kyle_Boss
Echo Luke
Echo Desann
Echo RebornMaster
Echo Tavion
Echo reborn_new
Echo Shadowtrooper
Echo Reborn
Echo Training
Echo Jedi
Echo Echo Yoda
Echo brokenStaff
Echo droid

BS87
09-21-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by NVShacker
Figure I'd do ya'll a favor. Here are three config files that give lists of weapons, npcs and sabers that you can use ingame. Let me know if I need to fix anything.
Echo Echo Yoda
Echo brokenStaff

?! These two interest me...

MASTER Siggeman
09-21-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey I have a few questions.

1. How do you get the "picking up dropped sabers" cheat to work?

2. What's the codes to change your saber type? (Single, Double, Staff) And same with saber blade color.

3. How do I get melee to work.

I figured out all of these in the demo, but they are not working now for some reason. :confused:

Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Shiro_Kishi
Does the 3 saber trick still work in the full version? If so how do you activate it?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Theres no such thing?

Greymon
09-21-2003, 04:52 AM
I can't ever seem to get the control cheat to work. Is there a special trick to that? For me its NOT as simple as:

devmapall
npc spawn whomever
control whomever

I've spawned 100 different npcs and control hasnt worked on any of them.

JarJarBinks
09-21-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by crow_nest
The sith sword was cool!:cool:

I agree, its even more fun with the sabermorerealistic cheat, the bodyparts go flying :D.

Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 05:44 AM
Yes, touch them once and it sends them flying!

mdares
09-21-2003, 06:23 AM
erm how do u change your player model to "reborn_twin"? for me it just doesnt work...

devmapall
playermodel reborn_twin

thnx

Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 06:38 AM
I don't remember seeing a "reborn_twin".
:confused:

Flashblade
09-21-2003, 09:46 AM
I have got a request. Can I make a custom walk/run toggle key? I hate to either constantly press a key for run or for walk. Thx in advance.

Jackel
09-21-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Greymon
I can't ever seem to get the control cheat to work. Is there a special trick to that? For me its NOT as simple as:

devmapall
npc spawn whomever
control whomever

I've spawned 100 different npcs and control hasnt worked on any of them.

try

npx spawn whomever bot
control bot

this works in the demo

also if you then let them die and use a second person change from bot otherwise you see out of your dead characters eyes

to go back to controlling you , type

control player

Infinity Blade
09-21-2003, 10:53 AM
I mean who couldn't like something like this? Geeze... we released that soo long ago... I think it was within the first few months of JO.... or at least the first few months of when I remember playing it. :D

It is old, and it is fairly cobbled (but hey, it was my first skin, so sue me), but from your screen it seems to look well enough. I wouldn't mind releasing it again... if Wes doesn't want to resubmit the 2 pack, I might release the Kyle again in a skin pack I was going to throw together... Might even revamp it a little...

Or not. Depends on time... this did raise a question I've been wondering about, but haven't thought to find out about...

.. is Jan in JA at all? Would seem out of place for her to be missing....

Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 10:56 AM
.. is Jan in JA at all? Would seem out of place for her to be missing....

Jan will be in JA, but you won't see her.

master obi-wan
09-21-2003, 11:27 AM
oke does anyone know how the cheat is !!??? for the full power for light side powers

please tell me

Mojopin
09-21-2003, 11:37 AM
I know you can create the Jaden you wish to play in the beginning of the game. But I was wondering, do they give the option to change your apparel in between missions? Thanks for any replys.

Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 12:28 PM
You type "devmapall" in console first, then type "setforceall 9" to get level 3 for light and dark powers.

and now, you can control enemies with mind trick!:cool:

Kusanavi
09-21-2003, 02:33 PM
Nope the only place where you can costumize your character is at the start but you can play as anyone else if you want by just typing at the console "model xxxxxxxx (character you want to play for example luke but of course its just the appereance :P)

Flashblade
09-21-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Flashblade
I have got a request. Can I make a custom walk/run toggle key? I hate to either constantly press a key for run or for walk. Thx in advance.

Anyone????

and another thing I want to have the kicks that are lightstaff only for every saber style anyone any idea about that? I mean every Sith just keep kicking me I wanna return the favor!!

NVShacker
09-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by BS87
?! These two interest me...

I tried those two, the yoda one was invisible (Referring to a missing model) and the brokenStaff one has a
//FIXME: Add actual brokenstaff model
in the file. Which means, it is just a reborn hilt.

So, someone will have to make a brokenstaff model. Shouldn't be too hard...

EDIT-
Uhoh, I just realised that some NPC files contain multiple npc's meaning that my DOS dir command picked up some bad names... I'll fix later.

Mojopin
09-21-2003, 04:55 PM
So what happens if you go to Hoth and you've chosen skimpy clothing for your Jedi? Do they outfit you with a jacket or something at least. :( Don't need my nips getting hard. :p

Kurgan
09-21-2003, 05:01 PM
You're right about the hidden MP skins. The other (JK2) reborns don't work. Sorry about those (acrobat, fencer, forceuser), I just assumed they would when I saw boss.

Thanks for NPC list from the file, but a few of those don't work, like reborn_twin, etc.

So here's the current list (MP):

\Model <name>

Jawa
Stormtrooper/officer
Imperial/officer
Imperial/commander
Jedi/j2
Reborn/boss

Kurgan
09-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Don't worry, you won't need your saber to keep warm. On the Hoth missions (in SP), your character automatically dons warm clothes (but no hat, go figure).

Mojopin
09-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up, now off to the store for another game purchase.

Darth Vader III
09-21-2003, 05:58 PM
I train with
npc spawn rebornmaster -s

Pretty good guy... How do you get your tie-fighter to shoot?

Thx

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-21-2003, 05:59 PM
The easiest way is to bring down the console and type:

uimenu charactermenu

That will bring up the character menu and you can change your custom character choices. Once you do that, you can hit next and it brings you to your saber menu, in case you want to change that, too. Just be sure to hit "exit" or "back" (or the "ESC" key a few times) instead of "begin game" or else it will start the game over!

Now, that was the easy way.

But you can also mess with it on the console, which will be a bit more work, but will give you more control over tinting, etc, if you wish:

(NOTE: this will also server as some good basic insight for those modders interested in some insight into playermodels in case they want to make their own).

If you type "playermodel" on the console, you'll see what your current model and skin is. For example:

playermodel jedi_tf head_a4 torso_e1 lower_b1

jedi_tf is your actual model. "tf" means "Twilek Female". Other choices are:

jedi_hm (human male)
jedi_hf (human female)
jedi_rm (rodian male)
jedi_kdm (kel dor male)
jedi_zf (zabrak female)

The other parts, seperated by a space are the skins for, repectively, the head, torso and legs.

In my example, these are:
head_a4
torso_e1
lower_b1

Now, if you were to look in the models/players directory for each of those jedi models listed above, you'll see a .skin file that corresponds to each of those skin choices I just listed. If you look at the names of all of those .skin files, that will give you a list of all the valid skins for your chosen model (I'll list all of these below).

So, to change your model or skins, just type in "playermodel" followed by the model you want to use and the appropriate skins. For example, to switch to the human male model's first skin, you'd type:

playermodel jedi_hm

NOTE: if you change sex, you need to let the game know this so that is uses the proper sounds. To do this, type:

snd jaden_fmle
sex f

If you're switching to a female model or:

snd jaden_male
sex m

If you're switching to a male model.

Finally, you can also mess with your skin/clothing tint (twilek model tints the skin, all other tint the clothing).

To see your current tint, type:

playertint

You should see something like this:

USAGE: playerTint <red 0 - 255> <green 0 - 255> <blue 0 - 255>
playerTint = 255 235 100

The first number is red, the second is green and the last is blue. The valid number ranges are from 0 (absence of this color) to 255 (full brightness for this color).

Setting all three to 0 would tint you black, setting them all to 255 would tint you white. In between that is any color you can think of. The way it works, in general, is this: red+green = yellow, red+blue = purple, green+blue = cyan. Messing with the relative values for each will give you the hue you want, messing with the overall size of the numbers will give you the brightness/darkness you want. To change to, say, a light red, you'd type

playerTint 255 128 128

NOTE: the Twilek skin already has a light green base (you can see what this color is by setting playerTint to 255 255 255), so keep in mind that the playerTint you set on her model will be modifying this base color... for the clothing tints, their base color is grey, so you'll get exactly the color you type in.

For each jedi player model, here are the valid skins for the head, torso and legs:

MODEL:
jedi_hf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_hm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_b1
head_b2
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_d2
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_kdm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_rm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_tf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_a3
head_a4
head_b1
head_b2
head_b3
head_b4
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_zf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

Reprehence
09-21-2003, 08:18 PM
I was looking through this real quick, but I didn't see any posts on how to give yourself all three single saber stances at the beginning of the game. setsaberoffense 3 doesn't work - and setforceall 3 screws things up.

Any hints or ideas?

Reprehence
09-21-2003, 08:55 PM
+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ain't working for me :(. The only way I"m getting good dismemberment is g_saberrealisticcombat 9. I tried set g_sabermorerealistic 3, as well as 9 - but nothing - its more like saberrealisticcombat 0 or 1. Am I missing something?

also - has anyone checked the NPC files for dismemberment probabilities to see if that can be changed?

Durocha
09-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Anyone????

and another thing I want to have the kicks that are lightstaff only for every saber style anyone any idea about that? I mean every Sith just keep kicking me I wanna return the favor!!

Bind [key] "toggle cl_run"

And I quoted the wrong post, but that's the toggle walk command. Now all I want is the command to toggle crouching.

garak88
09-21-2003, 10:10 PM
You can change dismemberment probabilities in the npc files individually, but the effect is slight. You pretty much have to hit the seams exactly to get anything to cut off, although it is slightly better. I haven't been able to get dismemberment work by any of the other ways suggested either.

Tesla
09-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Some NPCs they may have been metioned before,

tavion_new (The new Sexy Tavion :p)
rosh_dark (The dark side Rosh)
tavion (Unsexy JK2 Tavion :p)
desann
boba_fett (He's either invincible or i didn't have the time to kill him)

The old JK2 dismemberment command works for me, you just have to wait a while or go to the next level for it to work. ;)

Anyone found out the code for the Septher, so i can use it. ?

Tesla
09-21-2003, 11:26 PM
So in the custom options when picking Tw'liek the color options for the skin are basically the same as the color options for say Human Male clothes, or can are they different, if they are can we change the skin color of a Human Male to bright Red ?

pahamrick
09-21-2003, 11:27 PM
I noticed that the dismemberment didn't start working until I was halfway through the level, using the command line option. I set it to +3, didn't do a thing - but kept playing. Half way through the level I was slicing heads arms legs.. everything off.

Godsjedi4eva
09-22-2003, 12:16 AM
All found cheats by Godsjedi from http://jk3files2.tripod.com also www.ign.com Cheat List
When playing game hold and press [Shift] and [~] together and type "devmapall" to bypass cheat protection then type these cheats below:
• god: God mode
• noclip: No clipping mode
• notarget: Invisibility
• give all: Gives everything
• give health: Gives health
• give armor: Gives armor
• give ammo: Gives ammo
• undying: Dead Mode on
• kill: Kills yourself
• quit: Quit game
• shaderlist: Show shaders

Darth-Ra
09-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Reprehence
+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ain't working for me :(. The only way I"m getting good dismemberment is g_saberrealisticcombat 9. I tried set g_sabermorerealistic 3, as well as 9 - but nothing - its more like saberrealisticcombat 0 or 1. Am I missing something?

also - has anyone checked the NPC files for dismemberment probabilities to see if that can be changed?

place the following:
set g_sabermorerealistic "2"
set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
set g_dismemberment "3"

in an autoexec.cfg, and keep it in the shortcut command line as well, you can add devmapall to autoexec.cfg as well...Just in case, you can place devmapall on a line in autoexec.cfg, followed be helpusobi 1 on another, and devmapall again (sometimes it screws up and cheats are not enabled)

or place the following:
seta g_sabermorerealistic "2"
seta g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
seta g_dismemberment "3"
in your jaconfig.cfg

hope this info helps. :)

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Tesla
So in the custom options when picking Tw'liek the color options for the skin are basically the same as the color options for say Human Male clothes, or can are they different, if they are can we change the skin color of a Human Male to bright Red ?

They're different for each model - they're defined in the playerchoice.txt in each model's directory (the existance of that file, btw, is what tells the game that that model is a customizable player model that you should be able to choose from in the character model customization menu).

You cannot tint the skin color of any race other than the Twilek (unless you want to mess with the skin files for the other models and make the skin tintable rather than the clothes, using the Twilek as an example). You *can* also just paint a new skin for the other models with a different skin tone (or different features altogether, whatever you like).

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 01:05 AM
just a note about "devmapall". "devmapall" is just a variation on the "devmap" command which loads a map with cheats enabled. There's no reason to type "devmapall". The "all" on it just tells the game to reload *all* the assets fresh, to not use the cached models, skins, sounds, textures, bsp file, etc. If you're not changing assets and reloading a map, don't use devmapall because it will just make your load times longer. "devmap" will work just fine.

Also, technically, you don't need to type "devmap" to enable cheats. You can load a map or savegame, then type "helpusobi 1" to enable cheats.

Flashblade
09-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha :)

Scoundrel
09-22-2003, 12:14 PM
This has been asked couple of times, but still no answer, so..
How can I get that darn saber picking work in full version?

Damar Stiehl
09-22-2003, 12:46 PM
Ha. I accidentally set g_dismemberment to 100 instead of g_dismemberprobabilities. Even kicking dismembers in this case - you get some sort of "superkick" that makes stormtroopers fall apart... heeehee...

Crow_Nest
09-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Hey raven programmer, lots of ppl are complaining about the saber off for the staff. The saber goes through your arm!

Flashblade
09-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
The easiest way is to bring down the console and type:

uimenu charactermenu

I get an error message when I try that!

Warning: Menus_ActivateByName:Unable to find menu 'charactermenu'

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 02:54 PM
I get an error message when I try that!

Warning: Menus_ActivateByName:Unable to find menu 'charactermenu'

Ah, yes, it seems it doesn't actually work when you're in the level, crap. Guess you have to do it the hard way! :/

EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it... :)

Darth Stryke
09-22-2003, 03:22 PM
I was playing around and used playermodel boba fett and well, you can use his Jetpack and fly anywhere with it if you use his model. It is pretty cool, too bad I still cannot figure out how to use the flamethrower....yet.

Flashblade
09-22-2003, 03:38 PM
I see thx ChangKhan I see if the extra loading time gets real bad with that! Now could you have a look at this thread again? http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111511

I've a question for you there as well if you can answer that.

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha :)

Because it balances the sabers. :)

Because the staff is a short-range weapon.

Because you can't throw the staff.

Because staff style is more acrobatic (like Darth Maul throwing kicks in with ease in Ep. 1).

Because you kick with alt-fire and throw the saber with alt-fire, so we would have had to add another button just for kicking.

You can type "iknowkungfu" to get the "melee" weapon (bare hands) and that lets you punch with primary fire, kick with alt-fire and grab and throw people if you hit both fire buttons at once (the type of throw depends on whether you're pressing forward, backward or neither).

Darkseed
09-22-2003, 04:09 PM
ChangKhan can I ask you why you removed the destroyer siege map that was shown in a picture from a magazine a while back? The nav file for the map is still in there and there's alot of references to it in several files. The map seemed really awesome since you could fly ships in it and all.

Maybe you're planning to include the map in a future patch?

Wheelchairboy
09-22-2003, 04:11 PM
Hey Chang, can you comment on the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers variable. Is there a reason why it does not work in the retail version but does in the demo?

Just wondering, it was a really cool feature and opened the door for a bunch of different ways of playing the game.

Flashblade
09-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Because you can't throw the staff.

Oho do I know more than you? :D That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff ;)

But thanks for the melee weapon code that sounds interesting Ive got to try that :)

And another thing thank you very much for taking alot of time in the forums today!

BS87
09-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Oho do I know more than you? :D That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff ;)

Ahh, but then its not a staff. It is a single blade, stuck on the medium style :p

Flashblade
09-22-2003, 07:37 PM
EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it... :)

This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???

Flashblade
09-22-2003, 07:42 PM
whatever you can throw the staff if needed. Does it matter that only one blade is active? Not for me!

Another thing dang muhahahaha this melee mode is ultra fun. Wanna return the favor when Kyle kicks punches and throws you around with iknowkungfu you can. You have the same moves available :D

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-22-2003, 10:48 PM
This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???

They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?

Prime
09-23-2003, 01:09 AM
I know the playermodel can be used to select either componants for a custom character or one of the NPCs as the model for the player. But I am wondering what the best way is to use a custom model as the player.

The only way I see to do it so far is to create a .npc file containing information about the model, desired lightsaber, and so on. Is using the playermodel command this way the best way to use a custom model for the player?

I am also wondering about getting different lightsaber stances. In JO, simply setting the saber offense to 3 was enough to get the blue, yellow, and red stances. This doesn't seem to be the case in JA. I am not sure how the settings in the .npc file affect the lightsaber abilities of the character. How can I set the game up so I can use certain lightsaber stances? For example, a player that can use blue, yellow, and red?

Finally, it seems that using playermodel <NPC> gives the character the abilities of the NPC selected. Is this solely based on the .npc file? What would I have to do so that I can only use the model and not any abilities of the npc?

Thanks for any help :)

Tesla
09-23-2003, 02:27 AM
I have another question,
When on the Hoth level you are wearing a Jacket and Different trousers, you've metioned above the commands for the different models if we wish to change are player model anytime in-game, but can we change to the Hoth clothing on any level, if so what command do we put ?

Avitor
09-23-2003, 03:10 AM
I think we should all express some thanks to Chang for responding on this forum. A lot of game designers never do that kind of thing.

And Chang, I'm with Wheelchairboy on the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers variable. Might we see it in an upcoming patch?

defalc
09-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Is the sithsword useable in MP? :cool:

Crow_Nest
09-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by defalc
Is the sithsword useable in MP? :cool:

I think you must have a cheat enabled server first.

then type "saber sith_sword"

Flashblade
09-23-2003, 02:19 PM
They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?

Yay I got it working :cool: so I will tell now how it works because it is the only way to change your appearance on the fly and to know what will be the end result. ChangKhan the .pk3 files was the needed advice. Sure it reads the ingame.txt from assets1.pk3. So I followed your manual put the line about charactermenu in ingame.txt and put the edited version into assets1.pk3. Now you can open the Charactermenu with "uimenu charactermenu" in the console. Change your appearance there and exit means use BACK button or press escape. DO NOT CONTINUE TO THE SABERMENU IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR STANCE AND STYLE. When I entered that menu and left than I had staffstyle with one single saber and only yellow and red stance. After you left the menu immediately type playermodel player in the console. Do not run or jump around since the information of your appearance change WILL be lost!

Thats it have fun with that, the possibility really makes sense when you go the dark path since it allows you to change your appearance to look more Dark Jedi (Twilek is perfect. There is a set of all dark clothes)!

Thx ChangKhan for giving me the right idea :cool:

Oh one more thing. Since you said you would not advice to do that because load times increase. On my system (Athlon 2000MHz, 500MB DDR RAM) I couldn't note that the load time significantly increases. The impact on the load times must be near zero (at least for me)!

Mr.Hawai
09-23-2003, 02:28 PM
i changed the g_corpseremoveltime command in the jaconfig to "0" and it works just fine.
but the dismembered body parts i cut off my opponents still disappear. is there a way to make them stay like the corpses?

Gav
09-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Durocha
Bind [key] "toggle cl_run"

And I quoted the wrong post, but that's the toggle walk command. Now all I want is the command to toggle crouching.

I'll have to try it out, i was wondering about that the other day.
I was trying to do something by putting a "!" somewhere in the bind value, but that didn't change ne thing. Maybe Chang can help u out with the crouch key.

P.S. Chang - I also wanted to thank you for takin' the time to comment in the forums, it's greatly appreciated, at least it should be, :)

killer173
09-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Any1 find out how to use the scepter yet?

Matt

Flashblade
09-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Correction: When you are in the Character Menu you HAVE to klick the next button. If you just change your appearance and hit back or press escape the change WON'T be registered. After you select your new outfit klick next you are now in the saber menu. hit back 2 times or press escape. Now type playermodel player and you should look like what you selected in the Character menu. However as a mood point I found out that the entering of the saber menu will screw staffstyle (you have a single saber) though not dual saber. To bring your staff back type "saber dual_?; (? replaced by number 1-5 to select the respective hilt) sabercolor [your choice]" in the console.

NVShacker
09-23-2003, 08:53 PM
No, I've been trying. Best I've done is control a Tavion with it, but I couldn't use the scepter unless I did a kata which made the saber and the sword do the two saber kata. Bah.

killabilly
09-23-2003, 09:10 PM
how do u spawn tavion with the secptor?

when i type in tavion_new it only gives me tavion with 1 saber.

also what do u type in to get a sith sword??

Prime
09-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know how to get the different saber stances in SP? In particular, I am interested in getting blue, yellow, and red stances for the single saber. But any ideas on how to set the available stances in general would be appreciated! :)

Darth-Ra
09-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by killer173
Any1 find out how to use the scepter yet?

Matt

Yes just type in
saber sith_scepter and press [enter], as you would use any of the sabers... As far as I am aware It works in SP, haven't tried it in mp... :) :fett:

killer173
09-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Ra
Yes just type in
saber sith_scepter and press [enter], as you would use any of the sabers... As far as I am aware It works in SP, haven't tried it in mp... :) :fett:

just tried it and it isnt working for me.....

Matt

AgentDarthThor
09-24-2003, 12:00 PM
I'd like to know is it possible to have 2 different colored blades for the saberstaff in mutiplayer, i know its possible in sp cause i figured it out very easily...however mp is proving more difficult.

ninja
09-24-2003, 05:11 PM
does anyone know a command to play as the bob fett model with his jetpack on in FFA? as for now i only know that you get the jetpack in siege games. i dont care about flying, just having a jetpack looks more complete.

thanks.

|GG|Carl
09-24-2003, 05:16 PM
:doh:Today I noticed that you can write just:

"/Iknowkungfu"

instead of:

"/give weaponnum 14"
"/bind x weapon 14"
"/g_debugmelee"

to use fists.

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME BEFORE?

doh! I'll have to keep myself more updated!

Darth-Ra
09-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by killer173
just tried it and it isnt working for me.....

Matt

Did you enter devmapall or helpusobi 1 before typing saber sith_scepter? be sure you have a level loaded first :rolleyes: if you are trying it in MP then I don't know how to make it work!! :sweating:

SHaDoWKiLL
09-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Note on dismemberment:

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can't quite get this to work, when I enter off quicksave it dismember and when I bring up ctrl+~ theres a message at the top that says its write protected. I got this to work once on the last level but thats it, it wouldn't work for Taspir. Can anyone help me?

ninja
09-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ninja
does anyone know a command to play as the bob fett model with his jetpack on in FFA? as for now i only know that you get the jetpack in siege games. i dont care about flying, just having a jetpack looks more complete.

thanks.

can anyone help me with this please?

killer173
09-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Did you enter devmapall or helpusobi 1 before typing saber sith_scepter? be sure you have a level loaded first :rolleyes: if you are trying it in MP then I don't know how to make it work!! :sweating:

yeah im doing it in single player, after i loaded a level, i type

helpusobi 1
saber sith_scepter

ive gotten the sword to work, but not the scepter.....does nething else have to be enabled?

Matt

NVShacker
09-24-2003, 10:22 PM
AFAIK the scepter isn't considered a saber type. It's considered it's own weapon.

killer173
09-24-2003, 10:54 PM
ok then how do i use it?

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-25-2003, 02:46 AM
So I followed your manual put the line about charactermenu in ingame.txt and put the edited version into assets1.pk3.

I thought you might try that, but I wanted to warn you, first, that doing this has altered your assets1.pk3 file and you will no longer be able to play on "pure" multiplayer servers. It will know your copy of assets1.pk3 and the server's are different and will not allow you to connect to the server (if it's pure). This is done to prevent cheating.

Perhaps, instead, you should make a *new* pk3 file with *just* the new ingame.txt in it (and restore your retail version of the assets1.pk3). Name it anything that comes alphabetically after "assets1" (so that it will override the ingame.txt in assets1).

Flashblade
09-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Uhhh you are right of course :o. I thought about a downloadable minimod so that not everyone had to do this. I thought it wasn't worth the effort since you still had to get the altered ingame.txt into assets1.pk3. I absolutely forgot about this easy way thx for reminding me of it!

EDIT: I submitted the minimod to lucasfiles.com however since it can take some time til they have it up if you want to grab it now go here:
Character and Appearance Selector 1.0 (http://people.freenet.de/Mech3/CaA_selector10.zip)

NVShacker
09-25-2003, 09:53 AM
I'm working on it... Ity is not intended to be used though...

EDIT - Geez, anyone at Raven want to explain why you had to make weapontype control the projectiles it fires too? I can make the Wookie Scepter, but that doesn't quite do what I intended it too... -_-

Crow_Nest
09-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Why not ask the Raven guy? he should know...

Hey chang, how do we use the sith scepter?

Prime
09-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Just for anyone else who is interested in what I found...

Originally posted by Prime
I know the playermodel can be used to select either componants for a custom character or one of the NPCs as the model for the player. But I am wondering what the best way is to use a custom model as the player.

The only way I see to do it so far is to create a .npc file containing information about the model, desired lightsaber, and so on. Is using the playermodel command this way the best way to use a custom model for the player? So far, this is the only way I've found to add a new character model so that it is usable to replace Jaden. It is simple enough though...

I am also wondering about getting different lightsaber stances. In JO, simply setting the saber offense to 3 was enough to get the blue, yellow, and red stances. This doesn't seem to be the case in JA. I am not sure how the settings in the .npc file affect the lightsaber abilities of the character. How can I set the game up so I can use certain lightsaber stances? For example, a player that can use blue, yellow, and red? It seems that there is a saberstype parameter in the .npc entry that can be used to set available saberstyles. Looking through entries for other models, it seems you can set this value up to 7 (could be more). I wanted the player to have blue, yellow and red stances, so I put:

saberstyle 1 // blue
saberstyle 2 // yellow
saberstyle 3 // red

I haven't tried the other values to see what they are, but presumably they are the other stances used by the Reborn and so on. I'm not sure yet if there is a limit for how many different stances a player has.

Finally, it seems that using playermodel <NPC> gives the character the abilities of the NPC selected. Is this solely based on the .npc file? What would I have to do so that I can only use the model and not any abilities of the npc? It appears that any parameters that are not set in the .npc entry for that model use whatever the settings were at the time the model was switched.

Hope that helps somebody :)

Avitor
09-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Why not ask the Raven guy? he should know...Quit abusing "the Raven guy."

|GG|Carl
09-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Gotta love all those vehicles someone posted above! Especially the imperial shuttle was awsome!

Almost forgotten to say, I hope it was ok that I copied the most of the important things on this thread, and put in up on our clan page. Here (http://hem.passagen.se/carlydergard/tips%20and%20tricks_JA.htm) is the link.

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Why not ask the Raven guy? he should know...

Hey chang, how do we use the sith scepter?

Hmm... that's a hard one, I don't think that's possible. That was pretty much hardcoded into the AI of the character that uses the scepter, it wasn't really set up like a generic weapon that anyone can use, sorry... :/

NVShacker
09-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Yeah, it doesn't even use the fire button, it uses some kind of AI command. I did a controled one, and after she raised scepter to attack or whatever she just was kind of frozen. It's possible I guess, but not worth the effort. Maybe in MP as a mod.

BTW, are any of the other weapons made to work with the player? I need to fool around a bit.

Avitor
09-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Hmm... that's a hard one, I don't think that's possible. That was pretty much hardcoded into the AI of the character that uses the scepter, it wasn't really set up like a generic weapon that anyone can use, sorry... :/ I take it same is true for the Gaffi Stick, the Tusken rifle, and Boba's flame thrower?

ninja
09-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ninja

thanks.

can someone help me please?

peloquin
09-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Found a way to change your player model for cut sceens, not sure if it's been posted before, sorry I don't have the time to look through this whole post.

In the extdata folder with all the .npc files there is one called player.npc in it it has a line "playermodel player" all you have to do is change the 'player' to any model that you have in the base folder. For eg: playermodel ep1_obi and it will change your character in the cut sceens.

also just though I'd mention with changing character skins/models in SP all you have to do is change a line in the .npc file for the character you want to change. For eg: If you wanted to change Luke for quigon. put the quigon.pk3 into the base folder, extract the luke.npc and open it with notepad. The first line in the luke.npc file is playermodel luke all you have to do is change 'luke' to read 'quigon' (playermodel quigoin) pack the luke.npc file back up and pop it into your base folder. Luke will now be quigon.

Mike Windu
09-26-2003, 12:35 AM
Mr. Chang, can you verify if the hilt bash does indeed work? I've tried many times,but to no avail.:confused:

I agree, we need to stop bothering you, so this will be my last question hopefully:D

BTW: RAVEN IS AWESOME JKA ROXORS WOOT!!!
I thank u guys for making it fun for people on a crappy 56k and a 4 year old videocard :D... jo was laggy for me, but i do fine in ja hehe:duel:

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Avitor
I take it same is true for the Gaffi Stick, the Tusken rifle, and Boba's flame thrower?

Not sure about the gaffi stick

The tusken rifle you can use. I don't remember which weapon number it is, but you can give yourself any weapon by typing:

give weaponnum #
(# = anywhere from 0 to something like 26 or so? - the first 13 or 14 are player weapons, the rest are NPC weapons)
Then:

give ammo
So that it lets you select and fire the weapon.

As for boba's flamethrower, it used to be hooked up to the force lightning key, but that got removed at some point it seems, so...

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by mike-windu
Mr. Chang, can you verify if the hilt bash does indeed work? I've tried many times,but to no avail.:confused:

I agree, we need to stop bothering you, so this will be my last question hopefully:D

BTW: RAVEN IS AWESOME JKA ROXORS WOOT!!!
I thank u guys for making it fun for people on a crappy 56k and a 4 year old videocard :D... jo was laggy for me, but i do fine in ja hehe:duel:

I think that was disabled in MP (though a mod could easily add it back in, it was just commented out) because, with prediction/lag, lack of AI "playing along", it was really unpredictable and interfered with kicking.

Darth-Ra
09-26-2003, 04:34 AM
ok so far all questions i had about using npc models instead of player model and making it appear in cutscenes is nice and dandy, but is there a way to make it appear by default each new level load or save game load, without replacing the actual .glm from jedi_hm, jedi_hf, jedi_tf, jedi_zf, jedi_rm, and jedi_kdm?? Anyone figured it out yet?? :grnlaz:

Crow_Nest
09-26-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Avitor
Quit abusing "the Raven guy."

Sorrie.:(

melianor
09-26-2003, 07:22 AM
*cheers* and bookmarked!

frans
09-26-2003, 07:22 AM
Prime wrote:

"So far, this is the only way I've found to add a new character model so that it is usable to replace Jaden. It is simple enough though..."

Could you explain a bit about how you did this? Because after I finish the game I want to make a pk3 file to replace jaden with Emporer Palpatine so I can play the single player game as him. The multiplayer mods work fine, but when I added an old Kyle-to-maul pk3 I made, my game crashed.

I would appreciate any help you could give me Prime.

Frans

Bantafodder
09-26-2003, 09:40 AM

It appears that any parameters that are not set in the .npc entry for that model use whatever the settings were at the time the model was switched.

Hope that helps somebody :) [/B]

Does this mean I could use only the skin from a npc by deleting all the parameters from the .npc file?

Is it possible to copy the .npc file (without the parameters) as a new skin? This would prevent that the specific npc has no parameters set.

PS:hope this is understandable but english is not my native language.

fat_101
09-26-2003, 10:15 AM
ninja in reply to ur how to get jetpack only way i found is to type /devmap (map name) or the /helpusobi 1 then type /give all
then u get the jetpack which looks spankingy great on boba.

btw anyone know beings as u can have dual sabers can u have dual pistols ??

FATTEH

Asimon
09-26-2003, 12:38 PM
There's also another way to get the Jetpack for any other model.

*change to boba's model (playermodel boba_fett) and then when using it (on the air) change it again for any other model.

The problem is that it doesn't look so good and in some models the fire could leave from their stomach, head, etc...

I dont recommend it anyway...

Prime
09-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi all,

I am going to write a little tutorial either tonight or this weekend (whenever I get time to do it) about how to replace Jaden with a non-JA/JO custom skin. I'll probably post it in the JA modeling section, so keep an eye open there. If I remember I will post here too telling you guys when it is up. I just don't have the time right now... :)

Stay tuned...

P.S. Are there specific things you guys are wondering about? I don't know how to do everything yet, but if there is something you want to know, maybe I can include that as well.

ninja
09-26-2003, 03:30 PM
thank you guys for your help. too bad i can only do solo games. for nobody can see the jetpack. i cant host a game because i'm behind a firewall lol.

Chew-Z
09-26-2003, 04:05 PM
To get dismemberment there is a easy way,
just change in your jaconfig.cfg g_dismemberProbabilities to "0".

Didn't work every hit, but if you hit correct,
you can dismember arm's, hand's, leg's, feet's, torso and head.

I don't know if someone posted this before,
I just saw some more complicated manuals who didn't work for me.

|GG|Carl
09-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know any way to kill boba fett?

Not on the Boba level, just when you spawn him.

You can make him loose all his lifes, but he continues to live! I have tried everything to kill him!

I threw him down into a hole, but he used his jetpack and flew up again.

I ran over him with a swoop, but he just flew away, and lost no lifes.

I crashed on him with a x-wing, but he lost no lifes.

I made a rancor eat him, but he flew out of it.

I made a mutated rancor eat him, but he continued to live inside its stomach! Then he just flew out of there! Almost unhurt!(when I say almost, I mean this (http://hem.passagen.se/carlydergard/boba.JPG):D)

So, does anyone know a way to KILL :fett: for good?

Darth Stryke
09-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Boba cannot die. Well, you can use the NPC KILL ALL cheat, but without cheating he will not die. Good luck :D

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 08:11 PM
ok so far all questions i had about using npc models instead of player model and making it appear in cutscenes is nice and dandy, but is there a way to make it appear by default each new level load or save game load, without replacing the actual .glm from jedi_hm, jedi_hf, jedi_tf, jedi_zf, jedi_rm, and jedi_kdm?? Anyone figured it out yet?? :grnlaz:

The player model in cinematics uses the same console cvars as you do when you spawn into a level. So as long as the cvars have the proper values in them, you'll look correct in the cinematics. I think the cvars are g_char_model and g_char_skin? Something like that. And g_char_color_red, g_char_color_blue and g_char_color_green? Obviously, the best way to achieve this is to use the custom player menu to set the proper values and they'll propogate into the game correctly. I'm not sure, exactly, what you have to do to make a new playermodel available, but I'm pretty sure the existance of a valid playerchoice.txt in the directory is what the custom player menu uses to know whether it should list that model as a player model.

jangofett804
09-26-2003, 08:22 PM
I have a question. I want to be able to control all of the models, like Boba Fett, the rancor, etc. but I can't seem to figure out how to do their "special moves" like Boba Fett's jetpack and the rancor and wampa's grabbing moves. I used the "control bot" cheat, but it didn't work.

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by jangofett804
I have a question. I want to be able to control all of the models, like Boba Fett, the rancor, etc. but I can't seem to figure out how to do their "special moves" like Boba Fett's jetpack and the rancor and wampa's grabbing moves. I used the "control bot" cheat, but it didn't work.

Well, a lot of the special animations unusual NPCs like the Rancor and Wampa do are completely AI-controlled, they don't go through the normal player-simulating control routines that most of the humanoid NPCs do. Basically, that means you cannot make them do their special attacks. The control an NPC thing was really just supposed to be a neat little gimmick (something thrown in to take advantage of the feature we added in JK2 of being able to remote-control a droid).

But, one piece of good news - you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land.

dem2k
09-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Hi, i was just wondering if there was a possible way of editing the saber block % in Single Player.

I've done some expermenting on blocking with the saber in different stances. For an example, while in a light stance (blue) it is possible to block almost all blaster fire from multiple targets (I used stormtroopers) while moving or running with a saberdefense of 3. While in meduim (yellow) the block rate is slightly reduced, you might be able to block rapidly from at least 2 targets anymore and you probably will get hit. The same applies to Strong, though it makes more sense from the description of the stance. While in red the abbilty to block projectiles is dramaticly reduced.

Oh and a few other questions.

as you change playermodel to most jedi npcs, you are granted some of there defensive skills. for example playermodel desann. Now whenever anyone atempted to use force_grip on me I automaticly force pushed him away. The same applies to Drain as well. I though this was very cool! Its too bad they don't absorb lightning, like some of the big names do.

I'm loving the experiance im getting from JA so far. JA is more editable then JO, and they have delivered the goods. I hope to see the mod list be as extensive as ones made for Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.

killabilly
09-26-2003, 10:29 PM
However the only problem with playing as a dark jedi or boba fett is that you cannot kill your enemies as they are now considered your allies

Kurgan
09-26-2003, 10:54 PM
All you have to do is change the npcteam and playerteam commands (playerteam player) and you can kill them as normal.

Try it, you'll like it. ; )

Kurgan
09-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ig64
here are the cheats that i have collected from the forums and in-game

intresting cheats:
cg_debugHealthBars 1: shows health of player and enemies
cg_draw HUD 0: displays HUD
cg_fov: sets field of view
cl_framerate: displays framerate
cg_endcredits 1: displays end credits during gameplay
D_npcfreeze: freezes NPCs
G_saberanimspeed: sets saber combat speed
g_knockback: set scale of npc knockback
g_gravity: sets gravity level
G_speed: sets speed level
g_corpseremovaltime 0: no corpse removal
playermodel: sets player character
playerteam: sets player faction
r_we: sets weather
r_showtris: wireframe
zoom: binoculars
iknowkungfu: fists and 200 force

npcs:
alora
assassin_droid
atst
atst_vehicle
bartender
bespincop
boba_fett
chewie
cultist
cultist_destroyer
cultist_drain
cultist_grip
cultist_lightning
cultist_saber
cultist_saber_powers
cultistcommando
desann
elder
galak
galak_mech
glider
gonk
gran
hazardtrooper
howler
human_merc
impcommander
imperial
impofficer
impworker
interrogator
jan
jawa
jedi
jedi_random
jedif
jedimaster
jeditrainer
kyle
lambdashuttle
lando
luke
mark1
mark2
merchant
minemonster
monmothma
morgankatarn
mouse
noghri
nulldriver
player
prisoner
probe
protocol
protocol_imp
r2d2
r2d2_imp
r5d2
r5d2_imp
ragnos
rancor
rancor_vehicle
rax
rebel
rebel2
reborn
reborn_dual
reborn_new
reborn_staff
reborn_twin
rebornacrobat
rebornboss
rebornchiss
rebornfencer
rebornforceuser
rebornrodian
reborntrandoshan
rebornweequay
reelo
remote
rockettrooper
rockettrooper_w
rockettrooper2
rocks
rodian
rosh_penin
saber_droid
saboteur
saboteurpistol
saboteursniper
sand_creature
seeker
sentry
shadowtrooper
snowtrooper
stcommander
stofficer
stofficeralt
stormpilot
stormtrooper
swamptrooper
swoop
tauntaun
tavion
tavion_new
test
tie-bomber
tie-fighter
trandoshan
tusken
tuskensniper
ugnaught
wampa
wampa_vehicle
weequay
wildtauntaun
x-wing
yt-1300
z-95
alora_dual
GranBoxer
GranShooter
hazardtrooperconcussion
human_merc_* (*= rep flc bow cnc - for other weapons)
lannik_racto (in the human_merc.npc file)
Kyle_boss
rosh_penin_noforce
rosh_dark
Tavion_sith_sword
Tavion_scepter
mutant_rancor

npc list:
/dir ext_data

taunts:
bow
taunt
flourish
gloat

weapons:
echo WP_SCEPTER
echo WP_TUSKEN_STAFF
echo WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE
echo WP_JAWA
echo WP_TURRET
echo WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
echo WP_RAPID_FIRE_CONC
echo WP_TIE_FIGHTER
echo WP_ATST_SIDE
echo WP_ATST_MAIN
echo WP_MELEE
echo WP_BOT_LASER
echo WP_EMPLACED_GUN
echo WP_DET_PACK
echo WP_TRIP_MINE
echo WP_THERMAL
echo WP_CONCUSSION
echo WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER
echo WP_FLECHETTE
echo WP_DEMP2
echo WP_REPEATER
echo WP_BOWCASTER
echo WP_DISRUPTOR
echo WP_BLASTER
echo WP_BRYAR_PISTOL
echo WP_SABER
echo WP_STUN_BATON
echo WP_NULL
saber sith_sword

Buffy
09-27-2003, 12:06 AM
[i]you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land.. [/B]

I did in SP in cheats mode but npc spawn boda_fett can not spawn :(
redword say can not...
and how can I be boda fett and how to turns on jetpack ?
is jump key ?:confused:

I did it in SP playermodel boda_fett
but it become stroomtrooper . :(
why ? I cant npc spawn "boda_fett" & cant play by "boda_fett" too.. please someone tell how ? :o

Xelar79
09-27-2003, 01:19 AM
I am not sure if someone has mentioned this or not, but when using desann my force pull/push is able to override the defenses other dark jedi (more so than any other model that I noticed). Perhaps it's my imagination, but I thought it was neat how I could force jump high into the air and pull up 10 reborn as if they were stormtroopers. :)

Darth Stryke
09-27-2003, 01:56 AM
I have a question now. I am trying to get the Bryar pistol in SP and I use give weapon_bryar_pistol and it will not let me select it and it isn't in my weapon selection. Anyone know how to get it? I suppose I could just replace the blastech files with the bryar files, but I still want to keep the Blastech the same so that npcs still have it when they are supposed to.

Avitor
09-27-2003, 03:30 AM
Well, a lot of the special animations unusual NPCs like the Rancor and Wampa do are completely AI-controlled, they don't go through the normal player-simulating control routines that most of the humanoid NPCs do. Basically, that means you cannot make them do their special attacks. The control an NPC thing was really just supposed to be a neat little gimmick (something thrown in to take advantage of the feature we added in JK2 of being able to remote-control a droid).

But, one piece of good news - you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land. So, would it be possible to create a mod for a custom character model that uses a Fett-like jet pack? And would be possible to set that character model up so that it could use both the jet pack and Force Jump?

AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 03:43 AM
I have a question.
How do you do those kind of taunts when using rage or protect?
The reborns do it when using rage, and jedi_random when they use protect.
The pics of them are in JA official website, in gameplay, moves.
I have tried to taunt, gloat, flourish and sit when using rage and protect but nothing happens.
The protect one looks very cool though.

Darth-Ra
09-27-2003, 04:48 AM
The player model in cinematics uses the same console cvars as you do when you spawn into a level. So as long as the cvars have the proper values in them, you'll look correct in the cinematics. I think the cvars are g_char_model and g_char_skin? Something like that. And g_char_color_red, g_char_color_blue and g_char_color_green? Obviously, the best way to achieve this is to use the custom player menu to set the proper values and they'll propogate into the game correctly. I'm not sure, exactly, what you have to do to make a new playermodel available, but I'm pretty sure the existance of a valid playerchoice.txt in the directory is what the custom player menu uses to know whether it should list that model as a player model.

I am not sure I understand :confused:

I did however, achieve the goal of loading completely new models not part of the game into it through the npc spawn and playermodel console commands, the steps follow below:

Well the only way that works in adding new models is not that hard, first i took an .npc file say luke.npc, then I edited it and gave it (in this example, I used a Mara Jade model from JO and made the changes to the npc, named the header of the npc to mara, and the Playermodel tag to the dir /models/players/mara , then altered some of the attributes like force powers light and dark, and health and startup weapons, then saved the file as mara.npc...added it to ext_data/npcs in a new pk3 file, loaded JA, then typed in playermodel mara and it worked).

[I]Edited: I can load this and other models at a new level, and i can't make it load automatic each new level...Also when i do change to npc character model, save the game, then quit, then come back later, load it and it will be without textures...I still don't understand how to avoid these problems..

Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 05:35 AM
Why doesn't the corpseremovaltime does nor work for me?:(

JediLurker
09-27-2003, 05:48 AM
Well, here's a challenge for you all. I've enabled dismemberment in SP using the desktop shortcut method and parts are flying. The problem is, they're flying a little too easily. Saber fights last seconds and boss fights aren't much longer. Is there any way to keep the dismemberment while toning down the damage? There probably isn't, but it never hurts to ask. :)

AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by AxVegetA

I have a question.
I have tried to taunt, gloat, flourish and sit when using rage and protect but nothing happens.

Ahhhh.............somebody answer this.

Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 06:19 AM
It does not work all the time.

AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 08:42 AM
I found a new move (maybe some of you alredy know it)
Its a two hand backslash.
You have to do the normal backslash crouched. (crouch+back+atack)
Seems more powerful. Simple.
There is also an helicopter move, you have to press atack when your body is completely upsidedown when you jump back (back+jump+atack)
There are a lot of moves that dont appear in datapad.
Ohh, you can jump while doing a backslash or backstab and it turns into a forward air slash. :rolleyes:
I have seen some reborns do a cartwheel to the left, then to the right, in one move.
And also they do some weird backslash.
And there is also a combo when kicks are enable, you forward kick the enemy and inmediately a ground atack, it never fails and its very very fast.
You have to forward kick (JO kicks) and quickly press forward+jump+atack.

And please somebody answer this.

I have a question.

melianor
09-27-2003, 08:48 AM
Anybody wants 200 permanent force energy (tried this on Jedi Master setting)?

in the console:
playermodel kyle
playermodel player

there ya go ;)

IG-64
09-27-2003, 12:01 PM
can i somehow make my model dissapear or at least move out of the way without canging the files?

Flashblade
09-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Buffy

why ? I cant npc spawn "boda_fett" & cant play by "boda_fett" too.. please someone tell how ? :o

If you really typed the above I advise you to try boba_fett!

Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Ahhhh.............somebody answer this.

I already said, it does not work all the time.

Stormtrooper X
09-27-2003, 01:31 PM
this is great! thanks everybody, especially Chang!!!:D

IG-64
09-27-2003, 03:04 PM
:( can anyone awnser me?:(

Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 03:10 PM
can i somehow make my model dissapear or at least move out of the way without canging the files?

What do you mean?

IG-64
09-27-2003, 03:13 PM
i need to get the player model out of the way so i can work on my cheat

Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 03:19 PM
i need to get the player model out of the way so i can work on my cheat

You mean remove the player model?

I don't think you could do that.

Btw, what cheat are you talking about???

IG-64
09-27-2003, 03:23 PM
i dont mean completely remove it, just make it invisable or move it out of the way

patience, i will post if it works.

Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 03:25 PM
No way to do that...

IG-64
09-27-2003, 03:28 PM
hmm, darn, i was working on a view cheat for a better first-peorson view but the player model keeps getting in the way

Crow_Nest
09-27-2003, 03:29 PM
You mean first person without the "gun" model?

Theres a console command for that.:)

But i forgot.:(

IG-64
09-27-2003, 03:32 PM
no, nothing like that, i was trying to make is more real, look better, perspective.

IG-64
09-27-2003, 03:39 PM
but, i guess now ill just find something else to do, so dont worry about t

Kiroth21
09-27-2003, 04:06 PM
in multiplayer with cheats on u can spawn a rancor, let it grab you and put noclip mode on when he eats you, then in noclip move away from him and turn it off, its like ur totaly invisible but still can jump and walk, but i dont think u can attack:)

IG-64
09-27-2003, 04:13 PM
is this only in multiplayer?

AxVegetA
09-27-2003, 04:29 PM

I have a question.

Can anybody answer this? thanks

king yoda
09-27-2003, 04:42 PM
new jedi npc´s
jedi_rm1
jedi_rm2 dual saber
jedi_kdm1 saberstaff
jedi_kdm2
jedi_hm1
jedi_hm2
jedi_zf1 dual saber
jedi_zf2
jedi_tf1 saberstaff
jedi_tf2
jedi_hf1
jedi_hf2

enjoy.

Prime
09-27-2003, 05:45 PM
I have posted my tutorial on how to replace Jaden in the JA Discussion section. It may be moved though. Please post any questions you have based on that tutorial in that thread. :)

idontlikegeorge
09-27-2003, 07:16 PM
"It seems that there is a saberstype parameter in the .npc entry that can be used to set available saberstyles. Looking through entries for other models, it seems you can set this value up to 7 (could be more). I wanted the player to have blue, yellow and red stances, so I put:

saberstyle 1 // blue
saberstyle 2 // yellow
saberstyle 3 // red

I haven't tried the other values to see what they are, but presumably they are the other stances used by the Reborn and so on. I'm not sure yet if there is a limit for how many different stances a player has."

Yeah, 4 is Desann (heavy 1 handed), 5 is Tavion (fast 1 handed), 6 is dual sabers, and 7 is saberstaff.

"Does this mean I could use only the skin from a npc by deleting all the parameters from the .npc file?

Is it possible to copy the .npc file (without the parameters) as a new skin? This would prevent that the specific npc has no parameters set."

No, you can use the skin from any NPC just fine. Like, say you had a Jedi-Knight level Jaden, and you decide to make the playermodel be Lando - Jaden would look like Lando... and although Lando has no force powers, you will keep all force powers Jaden had before

Any special powers or attributes from an NPC will only be attributed to the player if the player does not have those powers yet - and the powers are additive, not retracted. Atleast from all the playing around I've done.

Buffy
09-27-2003, 11:53 PM
If you really typed the above I advise you to try boba_fett!

thank you for correct me yes I was wrong typing :p

Darkseed
09-28-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Darkseed
ChangKhan can I ask you why you removed the destroyer siege map that was shown in a picture from a magazine a while back? The nav file for the map is still in there and there's alot of references to it in several files. The map seemed really awesome since you could fly ships in it and all.

Maybe you're planning to include the map in a future patch?

Chang could you please answer my previous question quoted above? If that's something you'd rather not answer then just say so and I'll let it rest, just wasn't sure if you saw my previous post or not.

Captain REX
09-28-2003, 01:16 AM
I found out something interesting!

If you Jedi Mind Trick a Reborn with a lightstaff to where you can control him and you are wielding one lightsaber, you will wield your one lightsaber like you are using a lightstaff when you release the guy or kill him.

starstorm971
09-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Is there anyway I can wield Tavion's Scepter?:confused:

Deucefx
09-28-2003, 06:32 AM
Hey Chang, WHY was sabermorerealisticcombat "write protected" (whatever that means)?

I've tried all the suggestions on this thread and STILL can't get it to work!

Are you going to fix it in the next (or future) patch so that people who can't get it to work for anything can just type the code in the console (like we should be able to) and get it to work?

Crow_Nest
09-28-2003, 07:29 AM
but, i guess now ill just find something else to do, so dont worry about t

Unless you create an "invisble" jaden skin.

dragon457
09-28-2003, 08:31 AM
Is there a way to get two different blade colors with the double saber in MP?

Crow_Nest
09-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by dragon457
Is there a way to get two different blade colors with the double saber in MP?

Don't think so...

Fractal-Coffee
09-28-2003, 09:07 AM

I have a question.

You mean the crouchy thing for Protect/Absorb and the float-in-the-air-looking-really-cool thing for Rage?

Happens when you've got level 1 or 2 of those powers. At least, from what I've seen. Level 3 means there's no delay and it activates automatically, skipping the stylish animation.

Crow_Nest
09-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Fractal-Coffee
You mean the crouchy thing for Protect/Absorb and the float-in-the-air-looking-really-cool thing for Rage?

Happens when you've got level 1 or 2 of those powers. At least, from what I've seen. Level 3 means there's no delay and it activates automatically, skipping the stylish animation.

He's asking about how to do that action when you turn on protect,absorb and rage.

And that action does not work all the time.

Sith_Chick
09-28-2003, 10:54 AM
I am probably just misunderstanding something, but is it possible to get a Zabrak torso with Human female head and legs (for example)? :amidala:

Neo61015
09-28-2003, 02:03 PM
hey can someome post an easy way to turn on the g_sabermorerealistic command since it's "write protected". I tired to put it into the target line of the jasp.exe like Kurgan had suggested but all it did was dismember me when I died, everyone else just died normally.

Zem
09-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (it's a big thread :))...

One thing about g_sabermorerealistic on the command line: It works, but not when you start a new game. Starting a new game turns off and write-protects that variable again.

Not a big deal though. Just quicksave immediately after starting, quit the game, and restart. When you load that quicksave, it will be on again.

Kurgan
09-28-2003, 06:14 PM
The method I described works for me in Win98se. I don't have WinXP so people with that may have to modify the method a bit (something about putting the commands outside the quotes or something of that nature).

But it DOES work.

From what I understand the Ship combat was simply not up to the standard they wished it to be when the game shipped. So they must simply have run out of time and locked off portions of their work as easter eggs.

Sledeau
09-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Is there a way to change the size of the saber? I know you can use the desann saber but it would be cool if you could customize it even more.

killabilly
09-28-2003, 09:05 PM
If only somebody could complete their work so that we could enjoy some quality dogfights... (wink wink any mod makers out there?;) )

Tesla
09-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Is there a way to change the size of the saber? I know you can use the desann saber but it would be cool if you could customize it even more

Hehehe, yet another place i can "flase advertise" my guide. :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113141

Well it will guide you in the right way, what you'd need to do is decide what hilt you want, and create a new .sab file with the new infomation to tell the game how big you want the blade. :)

AxVegetA
09-28-2003, 09:36 PM
There is another npc.

npc spawn player :p :p

Is neutral, that means they atack if you atack.
So you can spawn 20 of yourself and sooner or later they will be atacking between them. :p :p

Darth-Ra
09-28-2003, 10:52 PM
For all of you who wish to use the sith scepter, grab the hilt pack from: JediLords.com (http://www.jedilords.com/files.htm) or get the BMF SP SaberMod (http://www.jedilords.com/files/BMFsaber.zip) (has a nice script to cycle through different sabers including the sith scepter and sword, and some other sabers too) and JK3 Final Hilt Pack (http://www.jedilords.com/files/finalhilts.exe) (6 megs and no script cyling). Hope this solves your problem.

On another note, the way I have dismemberment set up is add a line in autoexec.cfg (create it if you didn't already do):

You probably better off adding
devmapall and
helpusobi 1
followed by:
set g_dismemberment "3"
[pick the disired values for the 3 above lines, be careful though with dismemberment]

also adding the command line to the shortcut:

"<DRIVE>:\<Location of Jedi Academy>\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

I believe this might work best, but at least it works for me on XP; try one or both and test which of those 2 methods works best... :clap2: :thmbup1:

Zeikfried
09-28-2003, 11:34 PM
yes well, all this dismemberment sure is fun, however I hereby repost the problem of killing saber-wielding enemies in 2-3 hits...
while normal foes seem to have as much hp as w/o dismemberment, it surely ruins fights against reborn & the like....

solution, anyone ?

peloquin
09-29-2003, 12:30 AM
I just went into the npc files for all the reborn and cultists and increased their health points. Play arround with it yourself but at about 600 to 800 they can take about as many hits with dismemberment on as they do with normal health and dismemberment off.

Playing around with my personal mod and made some cool things that you all might like. You know how in the cultist.saberist.npc there are like 7 different styles of saberists like saber med throw, saber strong, saber strong throw stuff like that. Well I added Dooku in there as cultist saber throw med, changed the settings for that style to make it more like Dooku. It has a line saberstyle 3 which I changed to saber style 6 :) the saber styles are 1= blue 2= yellow 3=red 4=med fast 5 =strong fast 6 =dual and 7=staff.
I changed his style to 6 but left him with one saber so when he fights he twirls the saber around his head and swings from the wrist much more which looks just how he fought in the movie. The best part was when I was playing on level vjun2 where you're chasing alora to find rosh, the second last cut sceen where Alora taunts you and there is a cultist that walks slowly into the sceen as she takes off, well it was Dooku :) And that was the only part of the level where they spawned that npc so it was fully like Dooku was a character meant to be in there.

Anyone wanting to add there own models and change characters in the game really should open all the .npc files and play with em. Tis very cool the things you can do.

I have a question someone might be able to help me with. If I wanted to add Darth Vader into the game as a whole new character (not replacing a skin) is it possible to make a new .npc file say vader.npc and if I put in all the info for him like modelname, saber, forceuse, team class all of the stuff that you find in the other .npc files would I then be able to do the 'npc spawn vader' and have vader spawn? I guess I'll just try it and see what happens but I thought I'd see if anyone knew if it would work first. Cheers all.

Oh yeah I saw someone ask if you could change saber length, yes you can just go into the sabers,sab and you'll see a line saberscale 40 just increase or decrease that number to change the size of the saber.

JediLurker
09-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by peloquin
I just went into the npc files for all the reborn and cultists and increased their health points. Play arround with it yourself but at about 600 to 800 they can take about as many hits with dismemberment on as they do with normal health and dismemberment off.

Good idea. I'll give that a shot. Of course, that puts the player at a decided disadvantage against saber-wielders in general since enemies will still kill you with one good shot. Guess I'll just have to be that much more careful against them. Thanks for the idea!

In the long run, I'm hoping to come across a way to regulate the damage, but for now that'll work. Anyone happen to know which file(s) saber damage values are stored in so I can do a bit of experimenting?

Crow_Nest
09-29-2003, 05:11 AM
For all of you who wish to use the sith scepter, grab the hilt pack from: JediLords.com (http://www.jedilords.com/files.htm) or get the BMF SP SaberMod (http://www.jedilords.com/files/BMFsaber.zip) (has a nice script to cycle through different sabers including the sith scepter and sword, and some other sabers too) and JK3 Final Hilt Pack (http://www.jedilords.com/files/finalhilts.exe) (6 megs and no script cyling). Hope this solves your problem.

On another note, the way I have dismemberment set up is add a line in autoexec.cfg (create it if you didn't already do):

You probably better off adding
devmapall and
helpusobi 1
followed by:
set g_dismemberment "3"
[pick the disired values for the 3 above lines, be careful though with dismemberment]

also adding the command line to the shortcut:

"<DRIVE>:\<Location of Jedi Academy>\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

I believe this might work best, but at least it works for me on XP; try one or both and test which of those 2 methods works best... :clap2: :thmbup1:

Your links do not work for me.:(

Buffy
09-29-2003, 10:22 AM
Your links do not work for me.:(

it was working ... but very slow.. takes time to load and down load too.. even high speed cable conection like me too :(

Crow_Nest
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM
I waited for a few mins, then i got fedup.:D

Lundquist
09-29-2003, 06:04 PM
I'd like that too.
I've been messing around with it a little, but I don't know much about editing, so the result always turns out...odd

Wes Janson
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Just in case you folks haven't seen this yet, there's a way to configure the game to allow for easy switching between saber staff, two-handed style, and single saber on the fly. With seemless style. You can LOOK HERE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111442) for further info, since it's a bit lengthy.

But if you aren't lazy, the effect is pretty neat.

WaR_ShArK_aX
09-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Hey if anybody has got they're hands on an Entity list for JA, I'd really appreciate them e-mailing it to me (I'm betting you have one Chang but I don't know if your allowed to send it out :().

Or better yet, if you can answer this up front:

What is the "Give" cheat for getting the E-Web turret inventory item?

mikamu
09-29-2003, 10:32 PM
dismemberment cheat isn't working for me
the helpusob 1 doesn't work

BS87
09-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by mikamu
dismemberment cheat isn't working for me
the helpusob 1 doesn't work

its Helpusobi 1

dragon457
09-30-2003, 01:55 AM
Ok guys, something for you to chew on.

I've been trying for the past two days, since reading about swapping player models and such, to get a face-on screenshot of the model i'm now using to play MP with (rebornboss). Since I can't get the "thereisnospoon" effect to work in MP, I decided to try in SP, since the model works there as well.

Here's my problem. The saber I use in MP is the double saber (staff), blue blades, last hilt in the list (always forget the name). When I try to change my Jaden model to the Rebornboss, it gives a single saber, apparently the one actually used by the NPC. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change his saber to the same one I use for MP. I can get the Desann saber and some of the other "special" ones to work, but not the plain old saber staff. Any ideas on how I can do this? Or can it NOT be done?

Actually though, probably an easier method would be if the 'thereisnospoon' effect worked in MP, that way I wouldn't have to worry about all this saber business.

Any ideas?

**Edit**
BTW, I'm trying to make a desktop image out of all this. I know, I'm nerdy like that.

Tesla
09-30-2003, 02:02 AM
You need to type Saber Dual_5 , that will get you your staff saber again, but it may come out a different color (the blades), so either do the sabercolor 1 blue blue cheat or do the saber dual_5 code again until you reach blue blades. :)

dragon457
09-30-2003, 02:04 AM
Dude, thanks for the speedy reply. I'll try that right now and tell ya if it works.

Boba Fett11
09-30-2003, 02:08 AM
I need help on changing player models in SP mode so they also change in the cutscenes. I typed in "g_char_model (name of model)" in game and it worked to change the character in the cutscene except it's only the outline of the character. No color, just basically gray all over. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Also, through an accident my character ended up with a single saber in left hand and a saber staff in right, made for some cool screenshots but I can't figure out a way to make it happen again, anyone know?

Tesla
09-30-2003, 02:11 AM
I don't think you can change your guy in a cutscene, well not yet, but im sure someone will figure out how to. ;)

dragon457
09-30-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Tesla
You need to type Saber Dual_5 , that will get you your staff saber again, but it may come out a different color (the blades), so either do the sabercolor 1 blue blue cheat or do the saber dual_5 code again until you reach blue blades. :)

Wow, Tesla, it worked! Now if I could only make the camera move a little lower when it swings around. Heh. Thanks.

Tesla
09-30-2003, 02:28 AM
Wow, Tesla, it worked! Now if I could only make the camera move a little lower when it swings around. Heh. Thanks.

No Problem, glad to of helped. :)

Have fun ;)

BMA77
09-30-2003, 02:32 AM
i got a cool saber for sp, came in that big down load pack. it is mauls hilt with 1 blade. its longer than desanns blade. how can i take screenshots? also other than the blue chiss face and the female jaden faces, is there a good site to get more player models for sp?i also noticed when playing in mp, some hilts will not work. it will let you pick the dl ones but when game starts it defaults back to red reborn.. any help would be great.. thanx yall.

peloquin
09-30-2003, 02:51 AM
In responce to:

""I need help on changing player models in SP mode so they also change in the cutscenes. I typed in "g_char_model (name of model)" in game and it worked to change the character in the cutscene except it's only the outline of the character. No color, just basically gray all over. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Also, through an accident my character ended up with a single saber in left hand and a saber staff in right, made for some cool screenshots but I can't figure out a way to make it happen again, anyone know?"""

All you have to do is open the player.npc file which is located in the assets0.pk3 in the base folder under ext_data/npcs. In there it has the line "playermodel player" just change the "player" to the name of the model you want to appear in the cutsceens. Pack it back up and pop it into the base folder and that should work for ya. It will only change the character in the cutsceens so you'll still need to do a playermodel swap once in game.

Tesla
09-30-2003, 02:54 AM
All you have to do is open the player.npc file which is located in the assets0.pk3 in the base folder under ext_data/npcs. In there it has the line "playermodel player" just change the "player" to the name of the model you want to appear in the cutsceens. Pack it back up and pop it into the base folder and that should work for ya. It will only change the character in the cutsceens so you'll still need to do a playermodel swap once in game.

NO !
DO NOT EDIT THE ASSETS0.PK3 !!! :eek:
If you do, you won't be able to join Pure Servers, and probarly most servers anyway, so don't edit that. !!

Anyway, i don't think that method works, though im not going to try it at all, i don't want to ruin my MP experience.

peloquin
09-30-2003, 03:04 AM
all i said was open the assets0.pk3 and take out the player.npc which you'd then need to put into a seperate .pk3 and put into your base folder. I may not have added that part but I though most people know that by now.

So here we go.

using win zip extract the player.npc out of the assets0.pk3

it'll extract and look like this 'ext_data/npcs/player.npc'

using note pad open the player.npc and change where it has playermodel player to playermodel (name of model you want) so like playermodel yoda.

save the file

click on the ext_data folder and using winzip zip it up.

you now have a zip file, rename that to a .pk3 (player.pk3)

drop that back into your base folder.

you haven't changed anything in the assets0.pk3 and if you want to get rid of the changes you made just delete the new .pk3 you made. Simple.

Kurgan
09-30-2003, 03:04 AM
Map list posted from another thread (thanks to the original poster!):

Originally posted by SamFisher
I decided to put this together go convenience(sp?).

Yavin: Rescue Rosh on the other side of the river and make your way to the Acadamy.
Yavin Training: Go through the training course with Kyle and Rosh.
Tatooine: Investigate Merchenary activity on Tatooine.
Tatooine Part 2: Droid Recovery: Get the droid off the Jawa Sandcrawler.
Bakura: Re-take the power plant for the Bakurans from the Imperials.
Benjeel: Pick up any survivours from the merchant ship crash.
Corellia: Go to Coronet and investigate any Cult activity.
Hoth: Investigate the site of the Luke's vision of Obi-Wan.
Nar Kreeta: Release the Elders from the Hutt Lord.
Zonju V: Meet the worker 3km outside Zoronhed and find out what he knows.
Kril'Dor: Help Wedge capture the gas platforms.
Coruscant: Capture Lannic Racto, a small-time crime lord on Coruscant.
Dosuun: Investigate Dosuun for signs of Cult activity.
Vjun: Go to Vjun with Master Katarn to stop the Cult from siphoning the force power there.
Chandrila: Stop the Cult from from siphoning the force power from the Jedi's tomb.
Tannb: Investigate informaton from a frighter captian.
Yalara: Go and destroy the cloaking device befor it falls into the wrong hands.
Byss: Look for signs of Cult activity on Byss with Kyle.
Ord Mantell: Blow up the weapon stockpiles.
Taspir III: Find Rosh and Kyle in the facility.
Korriban: Go to Ragnos' tomb and confront Tavion.

Console Map List:

academy1
academy2
academy3
academy4
academy5
academy6
hoth2
hoth3
kor1
kor2
t1_danger
t1_fatal
t1_inter
t1_rail
t1_sour
t1_surprise
t2_dpred
t2_rancor
t2_rogue
t2_trip
t2_wedge
t3_bounty
t3_byss
t3_hevil
t3_rift
t3_stamp
taspir1
taspir2
vjun1
vjun2
vjun3
yavin1
yavin1b
yavin2

Tesla
09-30-2003, 03:08 AM
all i said was open the assets0.pk3 and take out the player.npc which you'd then need to put into a seperate .pk3 and put into your base folder. I may not have added that part but I though most people know that by now.

So here we go.

using win zip extract the player.npc out of the assets0.pk3

it'll extract and look like this 'ext_data/npcs/player.npc'

using note pad open the player.npc and change where it has playermodel player to playermodel (name of model you want) so like playermodel yoda.

save the file

click on the ext_data folder and using winzip zip it up.

you now have a zip file, rename that to a .pk3 (player.pk3)

drop that back into your base folder.

you haven't changed anything in the assets0.pk3 and if you want to get rid of the changes you made just delete the new .pk3 you made. Simple.

Sorry, my fault, i read it wrong and thought you meant to edit the actual assets0.pk3. :p

Easy mistake to make :D

peloquin
09-30-2003, 03:11 AM
not a prob at all :)

Zem
09-30-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by dragon457
I've been trying for the past two days, since reading about swapping player models and such, to get a face-on screenshot of the model i'm now using to play MP with (rebornboss). Since I can't get the "thereisnospoon" effect to work in MP, I decided to try in SP, since the model works there as well.

No need to use "thereisnospoon" if all you want to do is position things for a screenshot. Use:

cg_thirdpersonangle degrees
...to change the camera angle around your character. 0 degrees is the default, directly behind your character.

cg_thirdpersonvertoffset height
...to raise or lower the camera. Default is 16. Note that you can put in negative numbers if you want a really low angle shot looking up.

cg_thirdpersonpitchoffset degrees
...to pitch the camera up or down. While you can do this with mouselook, using this pitchOffset variable does it without having your character bend at the waist to look up or down.

cg_thirdpersonrange distance
...to move the camera towards or away from your character. Default is 80.

There's a horizontal offset too if you want to frame your character to one side or the other for that artistic effect. Forget the exact spelling... type "cg_thirdperson" and hit tab a few times to cycle through all the camera commands.

Oh, and if you want to do an action shot, use "timescale 0.1" to slow things down to a crawl. I bound a couple keys to "timescale 0.1" and "timescale 1.0" for convenience.

Darth-Ra
09-30-2003, 03:21 AM
BTW many mention using winzip to create .pk3 files...there is a much easier way to do it, using pakscape you can easily create and make folders/sub folders easily and reads .zip files too....I think this will speed up the process quite a bit....:)

You can get from here (http://www.effiles.com/file.info?ID=1327)

Tars_Tarkas
09-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Any thoughts where I can find the map names to use commands like <Devmap>?

Tars_Tarkas
09-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Any thoughts where I can find the map names to use commands like <Devmap>?

Boba Fett11
09-30-2003, 03:25 AM
You guys rock!! Thank you for all your help!!!

Zem
09-30-2003, 03:33 AM
Another easy way to deal with PK3 files if you have WinXP is:

1. Open any windows explorer window and select "tools->folder options..."

2. Click the "file types" tab

3. Click the "New" button

4. Type in "PK3" and hit "Advanced>>"

5. Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" from the list and hit OK.

Now you can just double-click to open PK3 files like any other folder. Cut/Copy/Paste files in or out of the PK3.

Tars_Tarkas
09-30-2003, 04:36 AM
Probably not a revelation to anyone but me...the map name is the first file to load on screen when starting MP maps. :o

Kurgan
09-30-2003, 06:26 AM
that or type:

\rcon mapname

Open a pk3 with winzip and look for bsp files. The file name (without the bsp extension) is what you'd use to jump to that map.

Trikshot
09-30-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Zem
No need to use "thereisnospoon" if all you want to do is position things for a screenshot. Use:

...to change the camera angle around your character. 0 degrees is the default, directly behind your character.

...to raise or lower the camera. Default is 16. Note that you can put in negative numbers if you want a really low angle shot looking up.

...to pitch the camera up or down. While you can do this with mouselook, using this pitchOffset variable does it without having your character bend at the waist to look up or down.

There's a horizontal offset too if you want to frame your character to one side or the other for that artistic effect. Forget the exact spelling... type "cg_thirdperson" and hit tab a few times to cycle through all the camera commands.

Oh, and if you want to do an action shot, use "timescale 0.1" to slow things down to a crawl. I bound a couple keys to "timescale 0.1" and "timescale 1.0" for convenience. I'm not sure where this came from, but I had a .cfg script laying around in my JK2 directory called modelview.cfg. It lets you swich to a 3rd person view and rotate the camera around with the keypad keys. I hope this helps with what Dragon457 was looking for. Code follows... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Skin and Model View Script
// By: Octavius
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Intructions:
// This script was originally for use with Quake3.
// Since most of the same commands between Q3
// and JK2 are the same, this script will work the same
// as it was intended in the original Q3 engine. To install
// it simply copy the file to your GameData\Base directory
// and when in game, enable cheats using the
// devmap <mapname> command. Once you are in developer
// mode, simply type "exec modelview.cfg" in the console.
// This binds your keypad to camera angle adjustments that will
// allow you to circle around your character, as well as pan
// in an out. This script uses the arrow keys of your numpad
// and the 5 (middle key) to switch between thrid and first person.
// No support is provided, use at your own risk.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
bind kp_5 "toggle cg_thirdperson;vstr a0;vstr r40"
bind kp_uparrow "vstr closer"
bind kp_downarrow "vstr farther"
bind kp_leftarrow "vstr left"
bind kp_rightarrow "vstr right"

set a0 "cg_thirdpersonangle 0;set left vstr a10;set right vstr a350"
set a10 "cg_thirdpersonangle 10;set left vstr a20;set right vstr a0"
set a20 "cg_thirdpersonangle 20;set left vstr a30;set right vstr a10"
set a30 "cg_thirdpersonangle 30;set left vstr a40;set right vstr a20"
set a40 "cg_thirdpersonangle 40;set left vstr a50;set right vstr a30"
set a50 "cg_thirdpersonangle 50;set left vstr a60;set right vstr a40"
set a60 "cg_thirdpersonangle 60;set left vstr a70;set right vstr a50"
set a70 "cg_thirdpersonangle 70;set left vstr a80;set right vstr a60"
set a80 "cg_thirdpersonangle 80;set left vstr a90;set right vstr a70"
set a90 "cg_thirdpersonangle 90;set left vstr a100;set right vstr a80"
set a100 "cg_thirdpersonangle 100;set left vstr a110;set right vstr a90"
set a110 "cg_thirdpersonangle 110;set left vstr a120;set right vstr a100"
set a120 "cg_thirdpersonangle 120;set left vstr a130;set right vstr a110"
set a130 "cg_thirdpersonangle 130;set left vstr a140;set right vstr a120"
set a140 "cg_thirdpersonangle 140;set left vstr a150;set right vstr a130"
set a150 "cg_thirdpersonangle 150;set left vstr a160;set right vstr a140"
set a160 "cg_thirdpersonangle 160;set left vstr a170;set right vstr a150"
set a170 "cg_thirdpersonangle 170;set left vstr a180;set right vstr a160"
set a180 "cg_thirdpersonangle 180;set left vstr a190;set right vstr a170"
set a190 "cg_thirdpersonangle 190;set left vstr a200;set right vstr a180"
set a200 "cg_thirdpersonangle 200;set left vstr a210;set right vstr a190"
set a210 "cg_thirdpersonangle 210;set left vstr a220;set right vstr a200"
set a220 "cg_thirdpersonangle 220;set left vstr a230;set right vstr a210"
set a230 "cg_thirdpersonangle 230;set left vstr a240;set right vstr a220"
set a240 "cg_thirdpersonangle 240;set left vstr a250;set right vstr a230"
set a250 "cg_thirdpersonangle 250;set left vstr a260;set right vstr a240"
set a260 "cg_thirdpersonangle 260;set left vstr a270;set right vstr a250"
set a270 "cg_thirdpersonangle 270;set left vstr a280;set right vstr a260"
set a280 "cg_thirdpersonangle 280;set left vstr a290;set right vstr a270"
set a290 "cg_thirdpersonangle 290;set left vstr a300;set right vstr a280"
set a300 "cg_thirdpersonangle 300;set left vstr a310;set right vstr a290"
set a310 "cg_thirdpersonangle 310;set left vstr a320;set right vstr a300"
set a320 "cg_thirdpersonangle 320;set left vstr a330;set right vstr a310"
set a330 "cg_thirdpersonangle 330;set left vstr a340;set right vstr a320"
set a340 "cg_thirdpersonangle 340;set left vstr a350;set right vstr a330"
set a350 "cg_thirdpersonangle 350;set left vstr a0;set right vstr a340"
set r5 "cg_thirdpersonrange 5;set farther vstr r10;set closer vstr r500"
set r10 "cg_thirdpersonrange 10;set farther vstr r20;set closer vstr r5"
set r20 "cg_thirdpersonrange 20;set farther vstr r30;set closer vstr r10"
set r30 "cg_thirdpersonrange 30;set farther vstr r40;set closer vstr r20"
set r40 "cg_thirdpersonrange 40;set farther vstr r50;set closer vstr r30"
set r50 "cg_thirdpersonrange 50;set farther vstr r60;set closer vstr r40"
set r60 "cg_thirdpersonrange 60;set farther vstr r70;set closer vstr r50"
set r70 "cg_thirdpersonrange 70;set farther vstr r80;set closer vstr r60"
set r80 "cg_thirdpersonrange 80;set farther vstr r90;set closer vstr r70"
set r90 "cg_thirdpersonrange 90;set farther vstr r100;set closer vstr r80"
set r100 "cg_thirdpersonrange 100;set farther vstr r120;set closer vstr r90"
set r120 "cg_thirdpersonrange 120;set farther vstr r140;set closer vstr r100"
set r140 "cg_thirdpersonrange 140;set farther vstr r160;set closer vstr r120"
set r160 "cg_thirdpersonrange 160;set farther vstr r180;set closer vstr r140"
set r180 "cg_thirdpersonrange 180;set farther vstr r200;set closer vstr r160"
set r200 "cg_thirdpersonrange 200;set farther vstr r220;set closer vstr r180"
set r220 "cg_thirdpersonrange 220;set farther vstr r240;set closer vstr r200"
set r240 "cg_thirdpersonrange 240;set farther vstr r260;set closer vstr r220"
set r260 "cg_thirdpersonrange 260;set farther vstr r280;set closer vstr r240"
set r280 "cg_thirdpersonrange 280;set farther vstr r300;set closer vstr r260"
set r300 "cg_thirdpersonrange 300;set farther vstr r350;set closer vstr r280"
set r350 "cg_thirdpersonrange 350;set farther vstr r400;set closer vstr r300"
set r400 "cg_thirdpersonrange 400;set farther vstr r500;set closer vstr r350"
set r500 "cg_thirdpersonrange 500;set farther vstr r5;set closer vstr r400"
// EOFAfter seeing some of the settings you showed, I was thinking the script could be modified to move the camera up and down as well as the camera angle up and down. I'll have to work on it to see what I can come up with. :)

Kurgan
09-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Thanks to some help from ChangKhan, I've gotten ragdoll physics to work in MP.

Here it is (for those who haven't already discovered it):

\broadsword 1

That's it (client side), and it's done!

Now make a kill and before they respawn, you can push or pull their body around, plus they will fall more loosely and lean against walls and such.

Adds a little bit more realism to the game. ; )

Turn it off and they will clip through walls and act like a mannequin again.

DuncanFeldane
09-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Might be a dumb question, but I'm trying to bind a few keys with non-obvious names (like the left "shift" key, the numpad "+" key, etc.)

Excluding the obvious ones (the "a" key, for example), does anyone have a list of all the keys' names?

Thanks,

mikamu
09-30-2003, 10:35 PM
helpusobi 1 doen't work with the dismemberment either

I did it like this:
devmapall
helpusobi 1
sabermorerealistic 3

got nothing:confused:

mikamu
09-30-2003, 10:38 PM
p.s kurgan your games are always full:(

Fractal-Coffee
09-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Not exactly, but if you go into the Controls part of the menu and bind whatever that key was to some random action, you can then go into the console and type "bindlist", and the actual name of the key will show up there. Then you can bind to your heart's content.

That's how I figured out stuff like KP_PGDN for the '3' button on the number pad and so on.

EDIT: Bloody people posting between me andwhat I was replying to. This post is commenting on the one by DuncanFeldane.

Zem
10-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Duncan, try this bind list from Quake3. Should be the same:

http://www.planetquake.com/thebind/bindlist.shtml

dragon457
10-01-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Zem

Oh, and if you want to do an action shot, use "timescale 0.1" to slow things down to a crawl. I bound a couple keys to "timescale 0.1" and "timescale 1.0" for convenience.

Dude, this all worked like a charm! Check it out!
Rebornboss (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3247095/)

Thanks a lot guys. Now to make some more interesting shots.

***Edit***

Oh, and I know there's a thread for screenshots and such, but I wanted Zem to see the fruites of his help. Cheers.

Crow_Nest
10-01-2003, 04:43 AM
How did you get the rebornboss to use the staff?

playermodel rebornboss?