PDA

View Full Version : Binded Keys forgotten


Andy867
09-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Ok, this is HIGHLY unusual for me, but everytime I leave a game and come back, all my binded keys are forgotten. it happens in both SP and MP, which is definitely frustrating.. ANy help?

Darth Vader III
09-21-2003, 07:45 AM
Hi Andy! I had the same problem... I winrared my jaconfig.cfg. Then I started the game. Same problem. I extracted the .cfg and so far there haven't been any problems. Weird...

Wes Janson
09-21-2003, 07:52 AM
When I had this problem, it was because I accedentally tagged my config file as read-only. Make sure it's not read-only, or else the game can't write to it and save your settings.

Andy867
09-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Well, I made sure to check the attributes, but that just showed it being an archived file, and nothing more, but I will try that extraction method and see if that works.. if anything, I may end up just dropping emorog an email.

Narotic
09-21-2003, 06:52 PM
The same thing is happening to me. File are not read only. I dcan't figure it out.

voom
09-21-2003, 08:19 PM
I have been reading post for 20 minuints now and this one looks promissing. How does one bind a command to a key. For example: bind Taunt to the "T" key. I am new to the Jedi games and bought JA Thursday passed. I was searching for some cheat codes and read that the taunt could be binded to a key but it didn't say how

Narotic
09-21-2003, 08:42 PM
I've consulted some pro JK2 players and they've come up with the following solution that is working for me.

1) When you close your game, go into your base folder. Open up jampconfig.cfg and copy the entire contents of the file.

2) Create a new text file, paste the contents of your jampconfig.cfg into it. and rename it (ie: narotic_mpconfig.cfg). You can also do this for your single player config.

3) Create anothert text file and name it autoexec.cfg (must keep this name). For every file you want to use at start up, list here in the following fasion.

exec "nar_mpconfig.cfg"
exec "nar_spconfig.cfg"


Make sure all these files are located in the base folder. Hope this helps! It did for me.